Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Clippers Post-Game Thread - 4/1

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers / Clippers Post-Game Thread - 4/1

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I get home tonight, I'll rewatch the 3rd/4th and post some notes.
    Sounds good. Maybe you should stick with just the 4th, if we're discussing "the end of the game."

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'd be happy if Vogel simply ran some more plays more often...especially when we go stagnant on the offensive end with the whole "dribble dribble pass pass and wait til there is less than a few seconds left on the shot clock and take an ill advised well guarded shot" routine.
    I'm not convinced that what you described isn't a set play. I used to think it was just them not sure of what to do but not anymore. I think it's a way of milking the clock/controlling the pace of the game type of play designed for a 3-point shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

No Lebron James, Dwayne Wade or Mario Chalmers tonight vs. New York....FU Miami

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    It was a game worth staying up for. That is for sure.
    Yeah. The 'collapse' kind of pissed me off, but before that zone ate us up I was THRILLED last night. Still very happy to have held on for the win. There were stretches of that game where our defense looked as good as I've ever seen it. Great effort. And Roy was fantastic.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    And this of course happens as I'm in the finals in my fantasy league, with LeBron. **** YOU, Spoelstra! [half serious]

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    If they were playing Indy tonight they would be playing. IMO the Heat would MUCH rather face the Knicks opposed to the Pacers in the conference finals if/when that happens. I would be shocked to see Miami win this game tonight.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Four pages in, I see very little mention of David West. Was great to see Hibby doing his thing, PG had his moments, but this win in my opinion goes back to West... there were times where he straight up dominated this game and single-handedly ebbed the Clipper tide.

And yes, we need to figure out the zone, for Pete's sake. And hit free throws. They finally figured that out at the end, but they missed way too many up until that point.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Yeah, West was huge down the stretch as well. Whiners, cynics, and/or contrarians will want to talk about his turnover and whatnot, but screw that. He showed up big time.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Hibbert and Paul were the players of the game, but West was the reason we won with his huge play down the stretch
    "We want Miami"

I just can't believe that after a horrible start we would be in this position.

Wow.

By me ^^

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to picasso For This Useful Post:

billbradley

Ha, is it just me, or does Tyler look like "What did I do?" at first?

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    I'm not convinced that what you described isn't a set play. I used to think it was just them not sure of what to do but not anymore. I think it's a way of milking the clock/controlling the pace of the game type of play designed for a 3-point shot.
    One thing that also needs to be mentioned. Most of the time when trying to get the ball into the low post it takes a little time. The post man needs position, needs to have his man pinned - that process can force the perimeter player to hold the ball as he waits for just the right moment to pass the ball into Roy or David.

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    Ha, is it just me, or does Tyler look like "What did I do?" at first?
    Look at poor lance who had his chest caved in.

Roy puts is perfectly.

Roy Hibbert ✔ @Hoya2aPacer

Got a bunch of savages on this team! We on sum Vikings ish. Come 2ur city n take care of business. Move on2 the next city.

I suggest you guys read this Grantland Article. It's great.

It's a bar fight!! Like KG put it haha.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...t-fighting-men

Is it me or is Indy becoming hated by fans/players/teams. Seems like the only guy they like is paul george and the only one they respect

is David West. I also, Loved Lance troll job on VDN, Just standing there and watching their plays.

By me ^^

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to picasso For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

This was not a ugly win at all. it was one of the top 2 or 3 sweetest wins of the season. Playing a very good team on the road to finish a road trip at 4-0.

I want to comment on your other point about Frank calling plays. Although I would want to see the exact times you are talking about. But I would say 90% if not more of the time a play is called and for whatever reason the play breaks down. Most likely because the defense shuts it down, or the timing is off. But there is a play called.

Sure there are times when there isn't a play called - like in the secondary fastbreak situations - in open court situations. Or sometimes they will just go into a series of free flowing pick and rolls. But those generally are not the times you are talking about.

There are times when they are on purpose trying to run time off the clock, that the point guard or who ever will hold the ball - but that is on purpose
    Really, watch how many times they do this where they put themselves into a bad position and are forced to take some really bad shot with less than 5 seconds left. West is good at milking the clock and taking some last second shot in his "sweet spot".......but the majority of the time......it's someone else taking a "WTF" type of shot.

I get why they would want to do this....to simply milk the clock and slow down the pace of the game....but the majority of the time, I just don't see them executing it effectively where they score on that possession as opposed to wasting 20+ seconds, then taking a shot that they shouldn't be taking and then effectively turning the ball over.

It's worse when they did this on at least 2 possessions in the latter half of the 4th QTR when the Clips were making their run, the momentum was going the Clips way while scoring on each of their possessions and the Pacers wasted their possessions by doing this.

There are times when I can see them doing this....but there are times when they shouldn't be. When Teams are making runs on us and chipping away at leads in the 4th QTR...it is critical to execute on the offensive end on each of your possessions.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    OMG....I love that....that is frakkin awesome.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    If it's a play, then it's a poorly executed play.

Sports Logo

Ralph Lawler is one of the best - maybe ever. He's the Clippers TV play-by-play guy
    He seemed rather unbiased to both Teams when doing the play by play and was rather complimentary of both teams ( instead of just the home team ). Way better to listen to this guy than to Stacey King.

Sports Logo

Is it me or is Indy becoming hated by fans/players/teams. Seems like the only guy they like is paul george and the only one they respect is David West.
    It is better to be hated than being ignored.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Look at poor lance who had his chest caved in.

Roy puts is perfectly.

Roy Hibbert ✔ @Hoya2aPacer

Got a bunch of savages on this team! We on sum Vikings ish. Come 2ur city n take care of business. Move on2 the next city.

I suggest you guys read this Grantland Article. It's great.

It's a bar fight!! Like KG put it haha.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...t-fighting-men

Is it me or is Indy becoming hated by fans/players/teams. Seems like the only guy they like is paul george and the only one they respect

is David West. I also, Loved Lance troll job on VDN, Just standing there and watching their plays.
    "
    I don't think anyone really believes the Pacers could beat the Heat four times out of seven. But the way they're playing right now — tough, physical, and a little crazy — means I cannot wait for that series."

I like it. Instead of "Passion. Pride. Pacers." it should be "Tough. Physical. Crazy. Pacers."

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Funny I just had a go 'round on my soccer forum with a Heat fan about whether or not we play dirty defense. He kept saying that all we do is hurt/injure players, like Chris Bosh last year. I told him that Chris Bosh's injury had nothing to do with the defense played in that series, and he said everything the Heat did in that series was a retaliation for the way we play defense. I thought that was hilarious, that he thinks the cheap shots Wade and Pittman committed were justified because they didn't like the way we played physical, legal defense. Then he said we don't play the game "beautifully" and that we turn it into a wrestling match. I told him that basketball is a contact sport and that our defense was nowhere near as Neanderthal-ish as he was making it out to be. A Bulls fan then started taking my side, and the Heat fan started getting personal with the Bulls fan. Heatfan got a timeout from the admins. We had a lovely conversation about styles of play after he took his forced leave.
    Last edited by TinManJoshua; 04-02-2013 at 03:14 PM.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Wow am I proud of our guys.

Finally, I get to carry around the fact that we swept LA teams in LA in my back pocket for a year!

Hallelujah!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

CARON DO U LIKE JURASSIC PARK?? Y OR N??

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    "
    I don't think anyone really believes the Pacers could beat the Heat four times out of seven. But the way they're playing right now — tough, physical, and a little crazy — means I cannot wait for that series."

I like it. Instead of "Passion. Pride. Pacers." it should be "Tough. Physical. Crazy. Pacers."
    Plenty of fans think we are capable of beating the heat. Saying otherwise is just an attempt to take a dump in the punchbowl.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Both of us can't win out though. Thankfully we have a game against them yet. Since we have played them 3 times and beaten them twice, if we win that game we have the tiebreaker. If they win 'and' we finish tied in the standings, then this is the way tiebreakers are explaned.

The following is an explanation of NBA tiebreaking scenarios.
    Determining Ties for Playoff Position

In order to break a tie for playoff positions, if one exists at the end of the regular season, the following criteria will be utilized in the order set forth:
    TWO-WAY TIES
    1. Results of games against each other. (If NY wins we will be tied 2-2)
    2. Better winning percentage within own division (only if tied teams are in same division). (We are in different divisions)
    3. Better winning percentage against teams in own conference. (We are 30-16, NY is 30-13, big advantage NY.)
    4. Better winning percentage against playoff opponents in own conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).
    5. Better winning percentage against playoff opponents in opposite conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).
    6. Better point differential between offense and defense.
    Weird. That's what I thought, but in the M# thread somebody pointed me to a link where the top tiebreaker automatically went to division leaders. What's the story on that?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

holy crap did you hear david west at the end of that layup after he poked the ball away from crawford and made the uncontested layup? lol nsfw