Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Clippers Post-Game Thread - 4/1

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers / Clippers Post-Game Thread - 4/1

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The back-to-back-to-back series they won earlier was something special, but sweeping
    this road trip is even more monumental of an accomplishment.

I can't think of enough good things to say about the hearts and fortitude of these guys...

We're very fortunate here in central Indiana to have such a great and loveable team.
    Very true
    "We want Miami"

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

I see opponents using Zone Defense in your future...
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wasn't able to see live the second half (6:30 a.m. when the first one finished), so really glad with the win. 4-0 record on that rod trip in the Western Division is really really good.

Just a small observation but how annoying was that terrible sequence at the end of the first half? Up with 13 points and:

1) Paul George hits a 3, that originally seems to be rimming out but then in only for Lance to be called for basket interference. Really stupid thing.
    2) Griffin makes and 1 cause Pendy is unable to foul him without giving him a shot
    3) Hans makes a wrong inbound pass with 3.5 sec remaining on the clock and finally
    4) Butler scoring one of the freakiest tip ins you'll ever see
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I Also.....why doesn't Vogel run plays instead of letting PG/Lance/GH "dribble dribble pass pass" until there is less than a few seconds left on the Shot clock?

Seriously.....we started to lose the lead in the 4th QTR when they started doing that. I really don't know why Vogel doesn't run more plays to avoid this.

A Win is a Win.....and we need every one we can get.....but I hate ugly wins. My Blood pressure can't take games like this.
    This was not a ugly win at all. it was one of the top 2 or 3 sweetest wins of the season. Playing a very good team on the road to finish a road trip at 4-0.

I want to comment on your other point about Frank calling plays. Although I would want to see the exact times you are talking about. But I would say 90% if not more of the time a play is called and for whatever reason the play breaks down. Most likely because the defense shuts it down, or the timing is off. But there is a play called.

Sure there are times when there isn't a play called - like in the secondary fastbreak situations - in open court situations. Or sometimes they will just go into a series of free flowing pick and rolls. But those generally are not the times you are talking about.

There are times when they are on purpose trying to run time off the clock, that the point guard or who ever will hold the ball - but that is on purpose
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 04-02-2013 at 08:26 AM.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Nothing made me happier than see Roy grab the front of Tyler's jersey and tell him to win the m*****f****** game. He was ready to eat someone's head off.
    Can someone get a video of this? sounds awesome.
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months.

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I fell asleep because I have to be up at 4:30 every morning for work but I wish I could have seen the whole game. This team makes me feel giddy.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

It was a game worth staying up for. That is for sure.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Oh, yeah. That was just awesome. One of my favorite moments.

Also, good job by Vogel to sub in Tyler. It was the right choice. He has the ability to be helpful in the end of games due to his FT shooting and this decision paid off at the end.

And here's something else I noticed. The inbounds play that resulted in Tyler's free throws was all Tyler. He saw that we had gone stagnant and so he darted to the corner making himself eligible for the FTs. Excellent awareness on his part.
    That was amazing to see yes.

Another Roy-moment was also very nice..He was 7-7 on the floor in think. He came in, in the second quarte, and tipped in a miss. The announcer didnt noticed Roy was back in the game, so after Roy tipped the ball in to make his 8-8 the announcer said in disbelieve: Ohhhh, Rob Hibbert, he is in again...

Btw its amazing to watch games with the commentary feed of the opponent. They all talk extremely positive about us. And with so much detail about PG his defending, Hibbert being the anchor in our D, West being consistence, us defending without no help defense etc..
    Last edited by DEEman; 04-02-2013 at 08:53 AM.
    Proud owner of 'Dutch Pacers'

There is no such thing as an ugly win when it comes on the road against a playoff team.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DEEman View Post
    That was amazing to see yes.

Another Roy-moment was also very nice..He was 7-7 on the floor in think. He came in, in the second quarte, and tipped in a miss. The announcer didnt noticed Roy was back in the game, so after Roy tipped the ball in to make his 8-8 the announcer said in disbelieve: Ohhhh, Rob Hibbert, he is in again...

Btw its amazing to watch games with the commentary feed of the opponent. They all talk extremely positive about us. And with so much detail about PG his defending, Hibbert being the anchor in our D, West being consistence, us defending without no help defense etc..

Ralph Lawler is one of the best - maybe ever. He's the Clippers TV play-by-play guy

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

billbradley

I enjoyed the game, don't get the ugly win talk or concern about blowing a lead. When the Pacers went up above 20 and Barnes got that flagrant, I knew LA had at least a 15 point run in them. You get it to within 10 with 5 minutes left and you have a chance. The Clippers knew that when they got it to within 10. Yes, Pacers looked like a deer in headlights against the zone, but they did what they were supposed to do on most plays. Got inside and hit some 3's. Hibbert had no trouble scoring his lone bucket against the zone, had he not been in foul trouble the Pacers may not of looked as stagnant against the zone. Then, the Pacers hit BIG free throws. I love that, because for whatever reason that has been a shaky area in close games with this team. I hope the team has this game in mind when big FTs are needed in the playoffs.

Did anyone notice when Chris Paul got in late in the 4th, maybe his second play on offense, he penetrated to a little IN FRONT of the free throw line and the D spread out leaving CP wide open? He just froze and didn't take the bunny. Never thought I would see that.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    I enjoyed the game, don't get the ugly win talk or concern about blowing a lead. When the Pacers went up above 20 and Barnes got that flagrant, I knew LA had at least a 15 point run in them. You get it to within 10 with 5 minutes left and you have a chance. The Clippers knew that when they got it to within 10. Yes, Pacers looked like a deer in headlights against the zone, but they did what they were supposed to do on most plays. Got inside and hit some 3's. Hibbert had no trouble scoring his lone bucket against the zone, had he not been in foul trouble the Pacers may not of looked as stagnant against the zone. Then, the Pacers hit BIG free throws. I love that, because for whatever reason that has been a shaky area in close games with this team. I hope the team has this game in mind when big FTs are needed in the playoffs.

Did anyone notice when Chris Paul got in late in the 4th, maybe his second play on offense, he penetrated to a little IN FRONT of the free throw line and the D spread out leaving CP wide open? He just froze and didn't take the bunny. Never thought I would see that.
    I stayed up to watch this game. I saw a lot of odd things in this game. Most have been pointed out. It was the type of game that makes you talk to yourself. You almost have to laugh at the series of events to make this a to the wire game. I hate to point fingers at the refs but their calling tick tack fouls allowed this to happen. The way games are called definitely affect the outcome of games. I am so glad they won. What a west coast swing.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

21. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    They play Miami and ATL in B2B games on the road.

Let's pray that Spolestra decides to actually play LeDecision and Wade

I may have to ignore that game entirely cuz I don't want to root for the Heat...but don't want to root for the Knicks as well.
    You are looking at it the wrong way. You have to look at it as, "one of them is going to lose!"

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    There is no such thing as an ugly win when it comes on the road against a playoff team.
    or a bad win
    "We want Miami"

Very good win against a tough Western Conference team. Yes the 4th qtr was bad, but really good teams with superstars are going to make comebacks. Whether we like it or not, the Pacers do not have the type of offensive firepower that is going to consistently blow out an offensive force like the Clippers--especially on the road.

One of my favorite wins on the season, and we are slowly but surely regaining our edge and toughness that we demonstrated earlier in the season. Reminds me a lot of last year when we turned it up in March/April--just in time for the playoffs.

Hats off to Roy who is turning his season around in a hurry. Dude went from averaging 9 ppg, to close to averaging 12 in just over a month. He has been in a zone offensively, while also providing that always great defense. But the thing that's impressed me the most is his confidence and fire. He seems to be getting his MOJO back..just in time for the playoffs.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This was not a ugly win at all. it was one of the top 2 or 3 sweetest wins of the season. Playing a very good team on the road to finish a road trip at 4-0.
    This.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    • Lance lost control at the end of the game, a lot of concentration mistakes, not Born Ready for "winning time" yet
    • Hansbrough was absolutely erased in a game where we needed him
    These two are directly related. If you want to know why the zone offense didn't do a damn, look no further than Tyler standing idle on the left block. He didn't move for 7mins it felt like. Once West was brought in, they had someone that could work the FT line. You've either got to make the zone collapse with the dribble or the pass. The Pacers did neither.

Quote Originally Posted by DEEman View Post

Btw its amazing to watch games with the commentary feed of the opponent. They all talk extremely positive about us.
    Love the Clippers announcers. But Brent Barry and his NBA Channel colleagues were able to mumble "defensive juggernaut" under their breath one time before spending the rest of their post game commentary talking about the Clips.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    Lance lost control at the end of the game, a lot of concentration mistakes, not Born Ready for "winning time" yet
    What were all these? I didn't see that many.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Zone is for cowards.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    Let's hope New York can falter and we can lock this number two seed up sooner than later. They play Miami in Miami next so we could have the two seed by 2 full win again if they lose.
    We are already 2 wins ahead. However, at this time of year when teams have played different amounts of games you have to look at the lost column to really gage where a team is in relation to another.

Standings
    Indiana 48-27
    NY 46-26

We have 7 games to play while NY has 10 left to play. However they have one less lost than us. Just glancing at the loss column and projecting both teams winning their remaining game means they finish a game ahead of us.

The rule of thumb is the team with the least loses is the team in charge of their own destiny. That means if New York wins their remaining games they finish a game ahead of us even if we would win all our remaining game.

Both of us can't win out though. Thankfully we have a game against them yet. Since we have played them 3 times and beaten them twice, if we win that game we have the tiebreaker. If they win 'and' we finish tied in the standings, then this is the way tiebreakers are explaned.

The following is an explanation of NBA tiebreaking scenarios.
    Determining Ties for Playoff Position

In order to break a tie for playoff positions, if one exists at the end of the regular season, the following criteria will be utilized in the order set forth:
    TWO-WAY TIES
    1. Results of games against each other. (If NY wins we will be tied 2-2)
    2. Better winning percentage within own division (only if tied teams are in same division). (We are in different divisions)
    3. Better winning percentage against teams in own conference. (We are 30-16, NY is 30-13, big advantage NY.)
    4. Better winning percentage against playoff opponents in own conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).
    5. Better winning percentage against playoff opponents in opposite conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).
    6. Better point differential between offense and defense.
    MORE THAN TWO TEAMS TIED
    1. If applicable, division champions must be determined first.
    2. Better winning percentage in all games among the tied teams.
    3. Better winning percentage against teams in own division (only if all tied teams are in same division).
    4. Better winning percentage against teams in own conference.
    5. Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in own conference (including team that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).
    6. Best point differential between offense and defense.
    Note: If a multiple team tie is reduced to a two-team tie at any point using the above criteria, the two-team tie will be resolved in accordance with the existing two-team tie procedure.
    --------------------

I don't know how they keep winning, but it looks more and more like who finishes 2nd will be decided by our game against them.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Great win, and I also loved the moment when Roy grabbed Tyler by the jersey. Roy is really focused heading into the playoffs and he's been the difference for us during this winning stretch. As good as Roy was Ian was terrible. I heard one of the announers say that CP3 was telling his team to attack Roy to get him in foul trouble. That scared me when he was pulled with his 5th. foul. I hope that doesn't become a game plan against us during the playoffs.

I think the additional games are going to take it's toll on NY starting this week but April 14th. will have us all glued to our seats. Overall I'd say NY has the tougher remaining scedule as of today. I really want that #2 seed.

As you all were loving Roy Hibbert grabbing Hansbrough by the Jersey I was busy cursing him out for reaching in on CP3. Dude has no business reaching in on CP3. Stupid foul. I mean what a dumb foul, take yourself out of the game, after only being in a few possessions. One of the most bone headed fouls ever. Reaching your big slow hands and just giving CP3 some FT's.

That said I'm happy we won the game, but we gonna get a good dose of zone D in the playoffs. Pacers are in for a rough 1st round.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 04-02-2013 at 11:18 AM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    What were all these? I didn't see that many.
    When I get home tonight, I'll rewatch the 3rd/4th and post some notes.