Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: While dreamin' up trades...

Default Re: While dreamin' up trades...

I will tell you exactly why WE DO THIS DEAL

and I will tell you exactly why WE DON'T DO THIS DEAL

1. We do this deal because Bird and Walsh think by adding Damp and Clax we can make an honest attempt at a chip. We give up Al, but we gain a solid PG and a Solid Center.

In the playoffs the rotation is cut and the starters minutes all go up. Bench scoring becomes less of an issue.

We would prob. only play 7 maybe 8 guys a night. and our bench is solid enough.

2. We don't do this deal because, even with clax and Damp, we don't have a shot at a title. We are still looking a year or two down the road to win the rings. We will lose Al, and our Regular season record will suffer because our bench is weakend.

Bottom Line: I want a 'chip....DO THIS DEAL...

so what if we lose 4-6 more games in the regular season because Al isn't here to fill the gap on "those" nights.

ALL that matters is WINNING in the playoffs

Yeah, Damp would probaly opt out, but at least there's a shot he woudln't. I mean, if he fits in well here, surely he'll see what his in right now. It will come down to what's more important to him: More cash on a worse team, or decent cash on a championship level team?
    Yeah, it's possible, but seriously, how often does this happen? Very, very rarely. And usually only with players that have made a lot already.

IndyToad
    Didn't hesitate

Good lord, this trade has taken on a life of its own over on the Golden State board. Click on "Forums" to see all the new threads about it.

Link please.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...YES...even more than Cato.

In the words of the "Captain"....

[size=18:2fdf39a8c3]"MAKE IT SO" [/size]
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like this trade quite a bit. My only concern is how JO will react if Al is sent packin.'

Mood

I like this trade quite a bit. My only concern is how JO will react if Al is sent packin.'

7 years $129 million and a trip to the finals...he'll get over it.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

After thinking about it a bit more, I hope the trade happens.

DO IT DONNIE!

I was getting buzzed until I was reminded Memphis can probably offer better stuff than us (if the rumors are true).

And I read Aldridge saying on Fast Break that Memphis sounded like Damp's destination.

Hopefully, we get he and Speedy instead of them, but I worry about West.

Sorry to be a killjoy.

Hopefully this happens.

Mood

YEs, I'm sooooo in favor I'd throw in our #1 pick and the trade exception (somehow)

[size=9:3e5399bc6e]our #1 gets gauranteed money even if he's the 29th pick...so we'd save that off the cap [/size]

Mood

Fast BreaK???? is that a column on ESPN I don't know of???

BTW...tonight's game reinforces what I fear...teams with either speedy gaurds or big PHYSICAL front courts have their way with us....and it only gets worse later in the year when eveyone gets really focused on the PO's.

Fast BreaK???? is that a column on ESPN I don't know of???

BTW...tonight's game reinforces what I fear...teams with either speedy gaurds or big PHYSICAL front courts have their way with us....and it only gets worse later in the year when eveyone gets really focused on the PO's.
    Fast Break is a show on ESPN2 tonight. It's where they're in studio and check in on games in progress and show highlites.

As for your fear, notice how this trade helps in both respects.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It just makes too much sense. We rent a legit C for a playoff push, lock up a quality backup PG for the next couple or so years to pair with Tinsley, and if Damp leaves he provides the cap relief we've wanted. Plus, with Al gone, Bender gets those minutes and they've wanted him to get more time for a while. It just fits.
    Speedy isn't a back-up for us. He's just too good right now at least.
    I agree, and even if I didn't I couldn't argue with a dancing purple hippo

The ONLY way this is even considered (not a sure thing), is if they signed Dampier.
    NO FREAKING WAY IN 100 HELLS do they trade a future star in AL to RENT Eric Dampier (that's NOT Kareem Jabbar!) and get a backup pg.
    NOT EVEN CLOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE.
    You still don't seem to get it, man. Al ain't our future star. He's somebody elses.

What's Claxton's game anyway? never seen him.
    You need to follow more games. You made this same comment about Al—that you need to watch more games to make a fair evaluation.

Mood

What's Claxton's game anyway? never seen him.
    I wasn't the only that didn't watch the finals...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Claxton is averaging something like 16 pts 7 assts starting in place of Van Exel. More of an uptempo player but his halfcourt vision seems to be coming around. Gives up a few TOs but tends to make it up in steals or charges taken. Lately has been gambling for more steals. Must've picked Amare's pocked 3 or 4 times in that game last week. Very quick kid, not a bad defender but can get posted up by guys like A. Miller or B. Davis pretty easily. Has a 3 year 9 million deal. Good value.

Claxton is averaging something like 16 pts 7 assts starting in place of Van Exel. More of an uptempo player but his halfcourt vision seems to be coming around. Gives up a few TOs but tends to make it up in steals or charges taken. Lately has been gambling for more steals. Must've picked Amare's pocked 3 or 4 times in that game last week. Very quick kid, not a bad defender but can get posted up by guys like A. Miller or B. Davis pretty easily. Has a 3 year 9 million deal. Good value.

So would you say he's more like "A Love Supreme" or "My Favorite Things?" Dig the avatar, man.

So would you say he's more like "A Love Supreme" or "My Favorite Things?" Dig the avatar, man.
    Maybe more like Giant Steps; uptempo and breaking out

Thanks!

Maybe more like Giant Steps; uptempo and breaking out

Thanks!

Giant Steps is how I got introduced to Coltrane. Love it. But My Favorite Things is transcendental.

I'm a big fan of all of it except for maybe Interstellar Space and some of that. I picked up the Heavyweight Champion box recently, nice to have all that in one place. I think the single Impulse reissues are better than the impluse box because of all the extra versions. I swear this stuff get reissued every 4 years with more "unheard" tracks. Just the labels way of milking what does sell in their jazz catalog i suppose.

Mood

5 pgs

What do we do with one or two of them?

If that trade goes down, do the P's do the Croshere for Maurice Taylor trade to replace the Al's scoring/low post offense off the bench?? Or does that screw up the team's chemistry too much?

Dampier/Foster
    O'Neal/Taylor
    Artest/Bender
    Miller/Jones/Johnson
    Claxton/Tinsley

WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON