Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: While dreamin' up trades...

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default While dreamin' up trades...

don't forget we have a trade excception from the Mercer to Spurs trade over the summer. We could actually offer someone a tiny bit of cap relief and take back more salary than we give up (ASSUMNING we don't care about the cap).
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: While dreamin' up trades...

i don't quite get what we got for mercer and turkoglu. (i wasn't here then)

Sports Logo

We got a trade exeption and cap room in the form of Danny Ferry who we cut his non guaranteed contract.

RealGM team data shows the trade exemption at a little over 2 million.

ESPN originally at the time of the trade said the exemption was in excess of 4 million.

Either way, I don't see the Pacers using it because we are near, if not in, luxury tax territory.

One way it could be used and not increase team salary is if used in a trade involving one of our BYC players.

I would be surprised if that happened, too.

And now there's a rumor that the Spurs are going to trade Mercer for Mutombo. I feel sorry for Mercer. Never really sticks to a team.
    Probably a reason for it though. I've heard he had one of the worse attitudes on this team last year. And there has to be a reason he had been to at least 3 teams before us (I know of Denver, Chicago, and Boston).

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

And now there's a rumor that the Spurs are going to trade Mercer for Mutombo. I feel sorry for Mercer. Never really sticks to a team.
    Probably a reason for it though. I've heard he had one of the worse attitudes on this team last year. And there has to be a reason he had been to at least 3 teams before us (I know of Denver, Chicago, and Boston).
    That's a great deal for the Sprus although they might lose Ginobili unless Deke is a free-agent.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Source: LA Times writer who nailed the Jamison to Dallas, and Hawks/Portland trades.

Warriors would trade Erick Dampier and Speedy Claxton to Indiana for Al Harrington and Scot Pollard.

He didn't say which team made the offer.

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/584938.phtml

Chew on this one for a bit...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Source: LA Times writer who nailed the Jamison to Dallas, and Hawks/Portland trades.

Warriors would trade Erick Dampier and Speedy Claxton to Indiana for Al Harrington and Scot Pollard.

Who is this writer, and is there a link to a non-forum page? Interesting idea, although I think Tinsley or at least Brewer would have to go to GS in my opinion.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Wow. I might do that since Speedy is locked up for a while. He's been playing great since Van Ex went down. Dampier might leave, but that's the risk you take.
    Same here.

My only concern is I know we've wanted more cap space and that probably means we're trading Al to rent Dampier, and I don't like that but in the meantime we have he and Jeff as our C's. Not too bad.

Plus, if this is Al secretly wanting to start or be traded, we need to do something anyway.

Who is this writer, and is there a link to a non-forum page? Interesting idea, although I think Tinsley or at least Brewer would have to go to GS in my opinion.
    If someone knew the name of the writer then his cover would be blown wouldn't it? The poster on the forum communicates with some writers and has posted some correct info before. Take that for what it's worth.

Also, someone on that board who has been around a long time and has claimed to be close to Dampier many times in the past is saying the same thing is being worked out now. Again, take that for what it's worth.

Would you do that deal?

I didn't get to see the game tonight, so that didn't factor in for me. But we need someone like Speedy in the Eastern conference. And Dampier as a rental would help us a ton this year, and it would be worth it if the higer-ups really believe we have a chance this year.
    Oh definitely. I'd not ***** if we did this trade. I just have the sinking feeling Damp is GONE after this year, but still in the meantime we sit pretty.

Also, to go with the idea that this is a legit possibility, remember that DW has always and still does believe JB is the next "It" guy for the Pacers, and this would finally allow him to play solid minutes, for better or worse.

I think GS would be stupid to give up Speedy the way he has played recently but I dunno. Stranger things have happened.

would do that one in a heart beat and Dampier "might" be gone, but if we make a run in the playoffs, he will probably have to think a while

Always nice playing on a winning team.

we're allowed to dream but if this is anywhere near real then PLEASE

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I think GS would be stupid to give up Speedy the way he has played recently but I dunno. Stranger things have happened.
    I agree, I don't know why they'd ship him out since he's played so well this season.
    Word is Van Exel isn't opting out, so maybe they're just going to stick with him.

Also, maybe we're giving them one of our 4 PGs back for a scrub on their side.

Anyway, I think this is real. It may not happen, but I believe it's really being worked over.

It just makes too much sense. We rent a legit C for a playoff push, lock up a quality backup PG for the next couple or so years to pair with Tinsley, and if Damp leaves he provides the cap relief we've wanted. Plus, with Al gone, Bender gets those minutes and they've wanted him to get more time for a while. It just fits.

I'd think GSW would rather trade Van Exel than Claxton _but_ trying that with Indiana would almost certainly require Croshere to be included in that deal. Don't see them taking on that contract right now.

It just makes too much sense. We rent a legit C for a playoff push, lock up a quality backup PG for the next couple or so years to pair with Tinsley, and if Damp leaves he provides the cap relief we've wanted. Plus, with Al gone, Bender gets those minutes and they've wanted him to get more time for a while. It just fits.
    Speedy isn't a back-up for us. He's just too good right now at least.
    Really? Wow. Even better.

We lose bench scoring.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

You also have to consider that if Jerry West has really been trying to get Dampier since summer then he's probably working on a counter offer if something like this is being seriously discussed. He has a bunch of tradable pieces that could work out to be a better deal for GSW.

Projected lineup:

Claxton/Tinsley
    Miller/Jones
    Artest/Bender
    O'Neal/Croshere
    Dampier/Foster

Not bad. Not bad at all.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have been against trading Al for most of the past two seasons, but over the past few weeks my mind has been achangin'. I'm for this deal if it goes down.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Woah.

Didn't realise this:

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state.htm

Damp's only a FA this summer if he opts out. If he likes it here, he can just leave it and we have him locked for the next two seasons.

Good lord, this trade has taken on a life of its own over on the Golden State board. Click on "Forums" to see all the new threads about it.
    Yup. Quite the hot topic.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Woah.

Didn't realise this:

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state.htm

Damp's only a FA this summer if he opts out. If he likes it here, he can just leave it and we have him locked for the next two seasons.
    Hate to burst the bubble a bit Hicks, but I'd be absolutely shocked if he doesn't opt out.

I've always liked Speedy, ever since his Sixer days, and it seems like he's gotten better. I don't really like the idea of renting Dampier though. How far under the cap would we be next season if he walks? Would be able to get anyone? Hostory seems to dictate we wouldn't even if we could. And if we did end up paying Damp, I'd worry he'd end up just being a one-season wonder... On the other hand, for this season he and Speedy are exactly what we need.

IndyToad
    Wanna go to Sizzler?

Yeah, Damp would probaly opt out, but at least there's a shot he woudln't. I mean, if he fits in well here, surely he'll see what his in right now. It will come down to what's more important to him: More cash on a worse team, or decent cash on a championship level team?