Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 75

Thread: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

  1. #26
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,994

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Imagine how this Team could have been if the Pacers just signed Mahinmi as a UFA ( and therefore not do a S&T involving DC and Inferno ), kept DC ( while figuring out a way to play him 24 mpg ...which could have been possible given Granger's absense ), buy out Inferno and decided to rely on Young and OJ to be the backup Wingmen ( instead of signing Green to a long-term contract ) .
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,797

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    How about those refs in the first quarter? I believe Joey Crawford actually called a foul against David West and there was no possible way on earth that Joey could have seen it happen. He just calls it, and David West explodes in frustration. Just an insane brief moment there.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  4. #28
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,060

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine how this Team could have been if the Pacers just signed Mahinmi as a UFA ( and therefore not do a S&T involving DC and Inferno ), kept DC ( while figuring out a way to play him 24 mpg ...which could have been possible given Granger's absense ), buy out Inferno and decided to rely on Young and OJ to be the backup Wingmen ( instead of signing Green to a long-term contract ) .

    Why would we want DC to play 24 minutes per game. He's not very good, although better than DJ. Also it didn't seem as though DC was going to be satisfied being the backup here.

  5. #29

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would we want DC to play 24 minutes per game. He's not very good, although better than DJ. Also it didn't seem as though DC was going to be satisfied being the backup here.

    I don't understand the notion that Collison is a good player. For god's sake they have FAT MIKE JAMES STARTING over him. Collison is mentally weak and is prone so some WTF TO's.

    He folds under crunch time with some stupid TO's. DJ hasn't been our knight in shinning armor but DJ>>>>>>>Collison. The one stinker DJ had was in Boston where the whole team came came out flat.

    Collison has cost the Mavs 5-6 games with just some bad BBALL IQ. I have seen lot's of Dallas games as I live in Cali and for some odd reason they come out a lot here on TV.

    Collison cannot be trusted with the ball in his hands once crunch time starts, He is George Hill bad shooting clutch FT's esque. Although, To Hills credit he has improved a ton lately.

    We are a much better team with Dj than with Collison. He isn't anything but a back up PG. Just not there mentally he just checks out. Also, Did anyone notice Hill rip a rebound a way from Collison in the 4th?

    My god that was so sexxy, Serves him right after that little taunt he pulled at our bench and coach..



    Also, If Kobe Jones was here we would not be playing Lance as much nor we would have seen Pulp in action as he would still be in the Dleague. Plus no Iam would = A lot more Chumlee and god knows he's not ready yet.

    I love that we have 3 legit 7+ Footers, Plumlee is going to be a good one in the future. Right now he's just shy and big men take a while to develop. But Plumlee has great athleticism and great size. I do agree that Gerald

    does suck though. My goodness I cringe every time he shoots the ball. Such a low BBall IQ player.


    By me ^^

  6. #30
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine how this Team could have been if the Pacers just signed Mahinmi as a UFA ( and therefore not do a S&T involving DC and Inferno ), kept DC ( while figuring out a way to play him 24 mpg ...which could have been possible given Granger's absense ), buy out Inferno and decided to rely on Young and OJ to be the backup Wingmen ( instead of signing Green to a long-term contract ) .
    i honestly don't think the team would be any different.

  7. #31
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,994

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would we want DC to play 24 minutes per game. He's not very good, although better than DJ. Also it didn't seem as though DC was going to be satisfied being the backup here.
    I could live with him pouting for 1 season over having DJ play as the backup PG.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  9. #32
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,060

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could live with him pouting for 1 season over having DJ play as the backup PG.
    I don't really care about him pouting either. I guess my overall point is we were right in getting rid of DC, the mistake was signing DJ. We needed to acquire someone better than either of those two guys (I know easier said than done).

    Pacers only signing DJ to a 1 year deal tells me they weren't that thrilled to get him either. (I wonder who else they tried to get)

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  11. #33
    Member PaceBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sol system
    Posts
    5,358

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Seeing as it's unlikely DJ is here next year... I mean they wouldn't actually try to bring him back again. RIGHT?!

    Who is a good backup that we could bring in for next season? Who is at the top of your guys lists? I want a good defender as the back up. Good shooting is nice too, but as long as they can bring the ball up the court and defend well, I'd be happy. Maybe it's someone we need to get in the draft.

  12. #34
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,060

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    I'm not sure who we should get as a backup point.

  13. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,552

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    I doubt we can afford him, but Jarret Jack wouldn't be a bad place to start.

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  15. #36
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,060

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt we can afford him, but Jarret Jack wouldn't be a bad place to start.

    I'd be thrilled beyond thrilled with Jack.

    Who was the Bulls back up point guard last season? I forget his name, but I liked him. (thinking of Bulls backup, I'd love to have Heinrick)

    If not him, I'd love to bring in a veteran who has winning and playoff experience. I'd give up some talent for winning and playoff experience. We are in win now mode. (not win at all costs or last gasp mode)

  16. #37

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure who we should get as a backup point.
    Here is a list of the upcoming free agents for 2013.

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents/

    Shaun Livingston has been doing really well on the cavs, replacing irving while he is injured, and his length complements ours and is on the low-side in terms of salary.

    On the high side is Jarret Jack and Tyreke Evans.

    CJ watson played for the Bulls last season, but he hasn't done well on Nets this season.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  18. #38
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    36
    Posts
    674

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Three years younger, but also two more years of NBA experience. Age isn't the only deciding factor, NBA experience is a huge factor in improvement of players. I would say it is more important in the growth of a player their first 2 or 3 seasons in the NBA than age.
    Completely agree, but with Lance there was more to develop than just his game. Also, OJ has already played almost the same amount of NBA minutes as Lance did in his first two years combined (He should get there in the next three games), so it's not like Lance had a ton of game experience coming into the season over OJ.

    OJ seems almost like an old soul, very mature and grounded. Also, he doesn't seem to lack for confidence on the court. Like I said, I'd keep em both.
    Danger Zone

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  20. #39
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,994

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really care about him pouting either. I guess my overall point is we were right in getting rid of DC, the mistake was signing DJ. We needed to acquire someone better than either of those two guys (I know easier said than done).

    Pacers only signing DJ to a 1 year deal tells me they weren't that thrilled to get him either. (I wonder who else they tried to get)
    Why were we right in getting rid of DC?

    Was he one of the sources of the locker room chemistry issues?

    I thought that it was Inferno and the price for the Mavs to take him on ( and thus clear up Capspace to make a run at Green ) was DC
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-29-2013 at 05:54 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  21. #40
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    17,157

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand the notion that Collison is a good player. For god's sake they have FAT MIKE JAMES STARTING over him. Collison is mentally weak and is prone so some WTF TO's.
    I disagree. Collison is a good player. Starting Mike James is a mistake on Carlisle's part. We saw yesterday how effective Mike James is against a good team. On the other hand, Collison had a good game.

    But as others have posted, we're not sure if Collison would be satisfied with a bench role. He certainly isn't satisfied right now. I don't believe that Darren would go to lengths to negatively influence a team's chemistry but you cannot really risk that either.

    By the way, the Mav that is responsible the most for some WTF TOs and choking in the end of games is without a doubt OJ Mayo. He hit a great shot against the Clippers, though, and according to a friend of mine who is a Mavs fan he's playing better as of late. I'll give him that
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  22. #41
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,558

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really care about him pouting either. I guess my overall point is we were right in getting rid of DC, the mistake was signing DJ. We needed to acquire someone better than either of those two guys (I know easier said than done).

    Pacers only signing DJ to a 1 year deal tells me they weren't that thrilled to get him either. (I wonder who else they tried to get)
    CJ Watson was the player I wanted them to sign. No need in complaining about it now though. At least DJ is hitting his open 3s now. That's a skill that the Pacers need and probably the reason they brought him in in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  23. #42
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    17,157

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is a list of the upcoming free agents for 2013.

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents/

    Shaun Livingston has been doing really well on the cavs, replacing irving while he is injured, and his length complements ours and is on the low-side in terms of salary.

    On the high side is Jarret Jack and Tyreke Evans.

    CJ watson played for the Bulls last season, but he hasn't done well on Nets this season.
    Thanks. I would be glad with Shaun Livingston or Beno Udrih on small contracts.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  24. #43
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,204

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love that we have 3 legit 7+ Footers, Plumlee is going to be a good one in the future. Right now he's just shy and big men take a while to develop. But Plumlee has great athleticism and great size.
    I love this.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  25. #44
    Member Goyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    752

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. Collison is a good player. Starting Mike James is a mistake on Carlisle's part. We saw yesterday how effective Mike James is against a good team. On the other hand, Collison had a good game.

    But as others have posted, we're not sure if Collison would be satisfied with a bench role. He certainly isn't satisfied right now. I don't believe that Darren would go to lengths to negatively influence a team's chemistry but you cannot really risk that either.

    By the way, the Mav that is responsible the most for some WTF TOs and choking in the end of games is without a doubt OJ Mayo. He hit a great shot against the Clippers, though, and according to a friend of mine who is a Mavs fan he's playing better as of late. I'll give him that
    Not many people are effective against the Pacers. The Mavs made their run with James starting, he's better than DC at this point. I'd still rather have Collison than DJ, at least Collison would try to penetrate sometimes.

  26. #45
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be thrilled beyond thrilled with Jack.

    Who was the Bulls back up point guard last season? I forget his name, but I liked him. (thinking of Bulls backup, I'd love to have Heinrick)

    If not him, I'd love to bring in a veteran who has winning and playoff experience. I'd give up some talent for winning and playoff experience. We are in win now mode. (not win at all costs or last gasp mode)
    I'd love to bring Jack back as well.

    You're thinking of CJ Watson, who now plays for the Brooklyn Nets.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  28. #46
    Member Goyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    752

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Man, the back up PG situation is ****ed up. So many great to elite young PGs, and it kinda dies out after that.

  29. #47
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,994

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be thrilled beyond thrilled with Jack.

    Who was the Bulls back up point guard last season? I forget his name, but I liked him. (thinking of Bulls backup, I'd love to have Heinrick)

    If not him, I'd love to bring in a veteran who has winning and playoff experience. I'd give up some talent for winning and playoff experience. We are in win now mode. (not win at all costs or last gasp mode)
    I was thinking of Hinrich as well watching the Bulls/Heat game....but I checked and he's with the Bulls in the 2013-2014 season for $4 mil ( cheap if you ask me ).

    The only silver lining in any of this is that ( despite the cold-weather location ), the Pacers are now a "winning" team. Even Charlie Sheen can't deny. This aspect of the team may attract FAs.

    As for Jarrett Jack, the good thing is that the Warriors are slated to owe roughly $64 mil in guaranteed salary to 9 Players ( with RJeff and Biedrins picking up their Player Option...for RJeff...and ETO...for Biedrins ). This doesn't take into account whether BRush ( likely ) or Landry ( probably not ) will pick up their own Player option. Jarrett Jack is a UFA...so I can see him testing the waters to see how much he can get on the FA market...especially after this season.

    The only hope that I can have of signing him is if the Pacers offer him slightly more than the full MLE ( if that is possible ) and guarantee him as large a role in the Team as he has in GSW now ( which is basically the 6th Man on the roster getting 28+ mpg ).
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-30-2013 at 02:30 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  31. #48
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,994

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is a list of the upcoming free agents for 2013.

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents/

    Shaun Livingston has been doing really well on the cavs, replacing irving while he is injured, and his length complements ours and is on the low-side in terms of salary.

    On the high side is Jarret Jack and Tyreke Evans.

    CJ watson played for the Bulls last season, but he hasn't done well on Nets this season.
    The only realistic options that I can see on the list are Beno Udrih, Jarryd Bayless ( yes, ironic ) or Earl Watson ( did the Team burn any bridges with him ? ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  32. #49
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    A.J. Price?

    Tinsley????

  33. #50
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,994

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A.J. Price?

    Tinsley????
    Given the way that AJ played in place of Wall during his absense....I'd be okay with that...but I get the sense that there is some bad blood between AJ and the Pacers.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Similar Threads

  1. Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 10:49 PM
  2. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 03-13-2011, 01:18 PM
  3. Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors [The Front Page]
    By RoboHicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 09:10 PM
  4. Odd thoughts to wrap up the road trip.
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 02:48 PM
  5. Quick thoughts from my Toronto road trip...
    By Grant in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 11:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •