Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bender: "Oh, yeah," "It's feeling close to what it did in high school.

Default Bender: "Oh, yeah," "It's feeling close to what it did in high school.

Let the Bender watch begin. I am not giving up on the guy, anyway what choice do we have.

Without Artest and Al, Bender becomes a very necessary player. The Pacers need him now. Pacers current active roster is filled with one-demensional players.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/4/205063-2844-179.html

Bender getting close

Jonathan Bender hopes to be ready for activation Jan. 4, when the Pacers play Milwaukee.

Bender has been on the injured list since Nov. 19 to give him time to strengthen specific leg muscles and build up tissue in his knees to try to prevent the injuries that have plagued him the past two seasons. He missed 61 games last season and 36 two years ago.

He's encouraged by his progress.

"Oh, yeah," he said. "It's feeling close to what it did in high school. It's starting to feel real, real good."

Default Re: Bender: "Oh, yeah," "It's feeling close to what it did in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without Artest and Al, Bender becomes a very necessary player. The Pacers need him now. Pacers current active roster is filled with one-demensional players.
    As opposed to Bender who is a none-dimensional player.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Talking Re: Bender: "Oh, yeah," "It's feeling close to what it did in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    As opposed to Bender who is a none-dimensional player.

Somehow I knew you would chime in on this topic.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Bender: "Oh, yeah," "It's feeling close to what it did in high school.

Ahh the anual Bender will return soon article

"Oh, yeah," he said. "It's feeling close to what it did in high school. It's starting to feel real, real good."

I remember fondly the last time I spoke those very words.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter

I remember fondly the last time I spoke those very words.

That's funny

Kudo's to Jose for a little laughter over a situation that hasn't been very funny, at least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Somehow I knew you would chime in on this topic.
    I just think at some point people have to give up the ghost. I guess it's your team, but I'm not waiting on Tim Thomas to turn into a franchise player.

I'm past being encouraged by such quotes, but it's still nice to read, as I've yet to cross the bridge over to "Burn him at the stake" territory. I hope he feels great and plays like it.

Smile Re: Bender: "Oh, yeah," "It's feeling close to what it did in high school.

I just think at some point people have to give up the ghost. I guess it's your team, but I'm not waiting on Tim Thomas to turn into a franchise player.
    Is that your perception? That those of us who still, if even a little, believe in Bender expect him to be this all-star franchise guy? I don't think that's true, not for at least a year or two.

I still have "high" expectations. But those expectations are like 13 and 6 and a block or 2. Franchise player? Ha.

Yes but we've seen Tim Thomas. Bender really has never played consistant minutes. If Bender plays the rest of the season and is healthy, then I'll tell you how good he is or will be

Problem is Bender will never get consistant minutes because he is always hurt. So there will always be people who can use this excuse to let Bender still be possibly the greatest man alive.

Just get rid of him and use the roster spot for someone more useful.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

While it would be nice if he could come back and contribute consistently and just be more of the benefit than a liability... and not end up injured again... his record speaks for itself.

Based on past history it is easy to say 'ain't happenin''

-Bball

PacerFanInBayAreaCali

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Franchise player? Ha.
    I agree, but I can't even tell you how cool it would be if you were wrong.

Well put me in the Pro Bender catagory.I think you just don't give up on an athletic 23 yr. old 7ft guy.Let's see if he can get the injury bug behind him.

I remember not so long ago there was a Bender bandwagon thread if I'm not mistaken.

PacerFanInBayAreaCali

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    Well put me in the Pro Bender catagory.I think you just don't give up on an athletic 23 yr. old 7ft guy.Let's see if he can get the injury bug behind him.

I remember not so long ago there was a Bender bandwagon thread if I'm not mistaken.

Werd!

I wish I'd saved my post from May, 2002 on Bender. I'd repost it if I had since I've seen nothing to change my opinion in the past 2-1/2 years.

Still saving up enough crow for the barbecue - especially for everyone who said, "Let's give him one more season."

So he's almost healthy now? That's good - I wouldn't want to trade an injured player!

Nah...no one wants that contract

So... this is only three games away. Nawlins tonight, Charlotte on Wecmesday, Jersey on Thursday, and then he'd come back against the Bucks next Tuesday?

That's not very long.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, I'm happy that he's healthy. Like I said in a topic before, if anything else goes wrong with the knee, the Pacers should really examine the knee and even if Bender has no apparent injury there, they need to sit him out for the rest of the season.

This is what it took for Grant Hill to shake his injury(ies) and I feel it might take Bender the same type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanInAZ
    Well, I'm happy that he's healthy. Like I said in a topic before, if anything else goes wrong with the knee, the Pacers should really examine the knee and even if Bender has no apparent injury there, they need to sit him out for the rest of the season.

This is what it took for Grant Hill to shake his injury(ies) and I feel it might take Bender the same type of thing.
    Sitting and surgeries wasn't it?

Also... Waiting on Grant Hill is one thing... waiting on Bender is another. Altho, what choice do we have?

-Bball

Yes, his knees concern me, but I still think he can be a franchise player. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he took Ron's starting spot and kept it when Jack came back.

And yes, if anyone needs me, I'll be sitting in the corner with my rose-colored glasses on.

Perhaps I need a Bender Bandwagon sig. It did wonders for Primoz, you know. Anybody want to make one?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I would if I could, and I want one. Who made that one for you? I remember someone made the Primoz one, a Fred one, and a James one, but I'm drawing a blank on who made it. Was it Snickers? Where is he anyway? Snick, if you're out there, and it was you, can you make a Bender one?

If he doesn't, can someone else?

The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I made one, but its not very good looking, and quite frankly its plain. I don't have PhotoShop, but I just thought I would try it anyway. Trust me, if you want to pass on it, thats fine by me (I don't blame you):