Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It really hit me today

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default It really hit me today

I know I'm going to sound like UB, but here goes.

I know it's not fair to think this until Jack, Polly, Bender, etc. are back, but the absence of Ron really hit me today. I couldn't help but think that we would have won fairly easily today, even without the others, if Ronnie were there today. I'm beginning to lean toward the "we can't win a championship without Ron" side.

P.S. Miami is a legit threat. Right now, they're the best team in the East.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: It really hit me today

when the Heat beat the Pistons sometime this decade, i'll admit theyre better.

As it is, I can't remember the last time theyve beaten us. They'll get another chance before new year's.

ReGgieMiLLeR31

Shade, Ron's absense is hurting us a lot...I hope somehow we can appeal to the Board of Governors and get him back come playoff time...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    when the Heat beat the Pistons sometime this decade, i'll admit theyre better.

As it is, I can't remember the last time theyve beaten us. They'll get another chance before new year's.
    You know, I'm beginning to think that the Pistons' problem is that they're just lazy. They haven't been able to hit anything for several games now, and they got hot (as I knew they would) today...ON THE ROAD.

I still think with Ronnie, we take the Pistons out. With Jack in Ron's place? Who knows. I don't feel nearly as confident about that, but if Reggie continues to play well (he had another nice game today, btw), and Jack can step up and at least fill Ron's void on offense, we've got a chance. I'd like to think that our missing players could have made up the 6 points we needed to win today.

P.S. The Pistons KILLED us on the offensive boards. We need to negate that RIGHT NOW.

Shade, obviously I agree with you. The Pacers team was built around J.O and Artest and if either one is not there, the team does not work as constituted.

well, if you look back over the last 9 games since the pistons aquired sheed, JO's numbers vs the Pistons have dropped like a ROCK.

With Sheed we can deal with any dominant big man in the NBA, defensively. JO's a great player, but he's no different. He's not going to win a series without some help.

Also, when people say that the Pistons really miss Corliss Williamson, they don't know what they're talking about. McDyess is so much a better fit. We DO miss Mehmet Okur, but hopefully Campbell can get healthy again and replace his scoring at the C spot.

One things to be hopeful about is that we were out rebounded and Jackson had some 10 rebound games.

Wait for Jax.

I would really like to see what the team looks like w/o Artest, and with Jackson back. Before we make any moves on Artest, lets wait and see how Jackson plays at the SF spot with Reggie at the SG spot.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

With both SJax and JO back in the lineup, I believe the Pacers can contend for the championship. That is not to say Artest is not important but I firmly believe with the depth of talent the Pacers have collected that with a full squad (minus Artest) they can get it done. We did beat the TWolves at Target Center with a full squard minus Artest earlier in the season.

Even with both JO and SJax back in the lineup, it will take some time for the team to re-adjust to their presence. But I promise you this - come April the Indiana Pacers will NOT be a team that anybody in the East will want to face in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    I am, but man is it painfull
    Yes, it is. 16 down 14 to go.

You know who else we missed today? Pollard. I remember having private conversations about this back before his back caused him to sit. He and Jeff are similar, but the biggest difference to me is Pollard is going to get you a lot of defensive rebounds, and Jeff is going to get you a lot of offensive rebounds. We REALLY needed more defensive rebounds today. He might have helped.

Without Ronnie, the Pacers will need each and everyone of their other players, Bender and Pollard included healthy and playing well to beat the Pistons or the heat in a 7 game series

As for myself, every DAY I miss Carlos Delfino. He's SUCH an important piece of the bench, because he creates %80 of the offense in our 2nd-unit. I'd really like to see how he plays guys like Freddie and James Jones.

ALso keep in mind, Frank Williams will more than likely be a Piston one week from today. I hope he brings more stability to our backup PG spot, but you can never tell with new players.....I like his game a TOn though.

i also felt the lost for the first time today. maybe bender. maybe jackson. probably not. its still early, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    I know I'm going to sound like UB, but here goes.

I know it's not fair to think this until Jack, Polly, Bender, etc. are back, but the absence of Ron really hit me today. I couldn't help but think that we would have won fairly easily today, even without the others, if Ronnie were there today. I'm beginning to lean toward the "we can't win a championship without Ron" side.

P.S. Miami is a legit threat. Right now, they're the best team in the East.
    You're right, it's not fair to think that until those guys are back, and we come up short.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    As for myself, every DAY I miss Carlos Delfino. He's SUCH an important piece of the bench, because he creates %80 of the offense in our 2nd-unit. I'd really like to see how he plays guys like Freddie and James Jones.

ALso keep in mind, Frank Williams will more than likely be a Piston one week from today. I hope he brings more stability to our backup PG spot, but you can never tell with new players.....I like his game a TOn though.
    Kstat, I read a blip from a Chicago Tribune article that said the Williams-Parker deal is essentially dead. And Hunter played very well today, even if he didn't score. If Delfino can play consistent, he would provide that other scorer the Pistons desperately need off the bench.

Hopefully the Pistons and Pacers play in the playoffs. Rivalries are good for sports, and this was a great rivalry game. It reminded me of the intensity of a playoff game.

Folks... can we give up the hope of Bender coming back and making any kind of difference? How many times does the guy have to let us down before we can all just let it go....

If our hopes this season rely on Bender then I am going to start getting VERY depressed.

That Matt Goukas article is weighing heavily on my mind as well as the fact that losing breeds losing.... and we are not winning the games we should... and with JO back we lost yet another game and are on the wrong side of .500 now.

-Bball

Well, that's the problem, I truly believe that JB is the only one who can save us.

And yes, I'll freely admit, that's depressing, because his knees just don't want to cooperate. But I don't think Jack and Fred make up for Ronnie. I don't know, maybe there's more to Jack's game then the little we've obviously seen this year, but I really don't see him being a difference maker. There's a big difference between being the second option as opposed to the third.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

You know, I still remember watching San Antonio's run to the title a couple years back, and I remember thinking that this Jackson fellow, IMO, put them over them top. His energy, clutch shooting, and "intangibles" I suppose, (not sure how to explain it) impressed me. Now he is on the Pacers, and playing better than then, I am really counting on him making a big impact. I also remember he had a very big mouth. Like physically big, I bet he could swallow a watermelon.

I didn't see too many of the pacer games he has played however. Well, only bits and pieces of them.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Without Ron, this team could make a nice run in the playoffs, go deep even, but it's not a championship contender. Either Ron or a suitable replacement is needed.

what team could beat us in the finals if we make it? Minny? I THINK NOT...JO VS KG WOULD BE AWESOME! Spurs? TD Vs Duncan...Tinsley Vs Parker...Manu Vs SJax...I like our chances! Kings? Give me a break...JO would kill webber. Tinsley Vs Bibby Would be awesome...Christie is NEVER A FACTOR...SJAX Vs Peja? what a fun matchup! I'm not giving up hope...

Quote Originally Posted by kerosene
    Without Ron, this team could make a nice run in the playoffs, go deep even, but it's not a championship contender. Either Ron or a suitable replacement is needed.

Your last sentence speaks volumes to me. "Either Ron or a suitable replacement is needed"

Is there a suitable replacement currently playing in the NBA. I am not talking about an available player, I am talking about any player in the league you want to name who could come in here and "replace Ronnie"

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Well, that's the problem, I truly believe that JB is the only one who can save us.
    Even if he was healthy he doesn't have the ability.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Again I must come forward to state the obvious.

If what you guys are saying is true, which I don't beleive btw, then Jermaine O'Neal is the most overpaid player in the NBA. Maybe even the history of the NBA.

I know a max. player always needs a sidekick, but you guys aren't saying that. You are saying that it is Ron that needs the sidekick & if that is the case then J.O. is the most overpaid Robin in history.

Look, I don't deny for a min. the value of a sane/dedicated Ron Artest. However that is beyond our grasp right now.

If you think the team as it stands can't compete for a title then let's start talking about what needs to be done to get us one.

Myself, I'm comfortable in waiting on Jax to return.

But if you guys don't think that is the answer then tell me what to do & just saying without Ron a title can't be won is not an answer.

NBA titles have been won before without Ron Artest & I'm certain in the future that titles will be won again without Ron Artest.

Do you guys see a weakness at Sg? Sf? Pf? Pg? C? Bench play? Coaching? What?