Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BUMPED: Confidence in Plumlee

Sports Logo

Default Re: Confidence in Plumlee

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee wasn't the BPA at the time. For 5 years, I've read 100 plus times on this board you don't draft for positional need, but the BPA no matter what. Bird didn't draft the BPA, but drafted for positional need. Then the Bird apologists come out in flocks to defend his pick of Plumlee like Bird has never made a bad pick before.
    Not all people agree with taking the BPA, though. Positional need has to be taken into account especially if no player strikes you as BPA.

I understand Plumlee is a project, but he's a 24 1/2 year old project who did little in a major college program.
    A college program that specialized in killing its big men and turn them into pure garbage men that are not involved at the offensive scheme at all apart from screening and offensive rebounds, of course.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Here we go again with the catchall word "hate" when someone disagrees. Using the definition so many do of hate, I feel sorry for your spouse/gf/bf or offspring, b/c any difference of opinion with you is just HATE. SMH
    I'm sorry but Plumlee got bashed from the day he was picked until now. The only time that people stopped bashing him was when they actually saw him play in the Summer League.

You have every right to disagree with me and anyone else. That's not the issue here.

The issue here is that a lot of people in this board have done nothing but bash Plumlee from the day he was drafted until this very moment. Yes, that is hate. It's quite obvious. People hated the pick and bash him any time they get the chance.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

WHAT? They drafted a big in Arnett Moultrie and traded him. If the Heat had been able to draft Plumlee, I'd bet a dozen Long bakery donuts, great donut shop in Indy, that nothing would be said by Pacer fans how the Heat got the coup of the latter part of the draft.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Moultrie-5754/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Miles-Plumlee-5261/

Plumlee has a clear inch and 20 lbs over Moultrie. He is bigger and can play Center. Moultrie is a Power Forward that needs to fill out before playing Center.

The Heat needed some actual NBA size. A Center. Not a Power Forward.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    I would love to see the Heat play his worthless a_ _ !
    Have you seen him play in an actual NBA game? No. Then you have no basis to call him worthless.

Also, have you seen how much better the Heat are playing now that they have an actual big (Chris Andersen)?

It was clear as day that they needed a big and I was quite shocked when they didn't draft one.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    And there is to prove you are correct. His upside is very low. He is not a young guy. He didn't improve much in college and doesn't have a place on this team. Where is he going to play to develope. Get rid of him if there is a market for him at all. He is a big stiff.
    He played in Duke. It's not the right place for a Center to develop. His game is suited more for the NBA than the NCAA, imo.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Let me leave it at this, I feel Bird didn't pick the BPA even in regards to Bigs.
    Which big would you pick?

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Are you his brother?
    Mason?

No, I do believe Miles is going to be the Most Valuable Plumlee in the league.
    Work ethic is just as important as talent and with Miles being the less talented brother, he is more likely to put in the extra effort that's necessary to succeed against much bigger and stronger players they will be up against in the NBA. Their athleticism isn't going to be enough, like in College or D-League.
    In an environment where some people have a 7'5" wingspan, it also makes a difference whether you have a wingspan below (Mason) or above (Miles) 7 feet.

If drafting Tyler Hansbrough has teached Bird one thing, then it has to be that working hard on the court isn't enough.
    Working hard in practice is also important. Tyler has hardly improved his game, his jumpshot even got worse.
    Sometimes the less talented players catch up with the more talented players and are able to leave them (far) behind them.
    But these things take time.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MvPlumlee View Post
    Mason?

No, I do believe Miles is going to be the Most Valuable Plumlee in the league.
    Work ethic is just as important as talent and with Miles being the less talented brother, he is more likely to put in the extra effort that's necessary to succeed against much bigger and stronger players they will be up against in the NBA. Their athleticism isn't going to be enough, like in College or D-League.
    In an environment where some people have a 7'5" wingspan, it also makes a difference whether you have a wingspan below (Mason) or above (Miles) 7 feet.

If drafting Tyler Hansbrough has teached Bird one thing, then it has to be that working hard on the court isn't enough.
    Working hard in practice is also important. Tyler has hardly improved his game, his jumpshot even got worse.
    Sometimes the less talented players catch up with the more talented players and are able to leave them (far) behind them.
    But these things take time.
    You should change your signature to Miles Plumlee apologist.
    @qandrews9428

Big difference in Lance and Tyler compared to Plumlee.

Lance was a high school LEGEND in NYC, was a good college player. Hansbrough is a legendary NCAA player. To be quite honest with you, Plumlee sucked in college too...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Yes, i do believe i have a bit more knowlegde regarding the game than some on here. not a slight, i just see comments from folks and wonder if they are even watching the same game... or at all for that matter. secondly, i believe i have a little bit more sophistacation in my opinion bc i have played the game and understand some of the intracacies more than the average fan. does that make me right. NO. but generally speaking i have a better understanding of the game due to that reason. if you have played the game at the level i have than you may understand.

its pretty clear you do not have a crystal ball because your one of the few on here with the gonads to actually admit you were not a Bird fan. however, its been proven by the Pacers team success and accolades Bird rec'd as EXEC of YEAR that he obviously has way more knowlegde in his pinky finger than you will ever attain in a lifetime. do you disagree?

sorry, but i tend to default to the guy that is an NBA Champion, MVP, Coach of the Year, and Exec of the Year over someone who gets his gets his jollies off by presuming he knows more than a LEGEND. maybe you need a reminder that Legend has led this team to back to back 50 win seasons (last year % equated to 50 wins in a lockout season, and this year a team without its captain again should win 50). That is impressive given what Legend had to work with when assuming full command of baskketball operations.

your last paragraph quoted above is simply rubbish in every conceivable way. first, no one ever stated that every Bird pick has worked out. but for you to give me names like Shawn Williams, who was drafted while Walsh was here.. and therefore i do not assign full repsonsibility to Bird on that one.. bc no matter how much you want to convince yourself that Bird was the one in charge while Walsh was here.. the simple fact of the matter is no one truly knows if Bird made that pick or Walsh. if you got some sort of evidence stating it was entirely Birds selection, then lets see it. otherwise, i will evaluate Birds draft record based strictly on what he did as Chief of bball operations.

are you flipping kidding me on these 2nd rounders.. let me remind you of AJ Price, Lance Stephenson, and Pulp, 3 2nd rounders that were more successful than some teams lottery picks.

give me ******* break man. get off your soap box and realize that Legend has given this state a winner. not only that, but Bird may have singlehandley saved this state the Franchise... so while you whine and moan on your soap box about Larry Legend, just remember that it is very probable that Legend has given you that right to criticize the Indiana Pacers instead of the Las Vegas Pacers.. cause it very well could have happened had Legend not resurrected this Franchise like he has done.

LOL! Magnum Rolle..

c'mon Man.. if you cant do any better than Alex Reid, Rolle, or White than stop wasting my time.
    looks like a "no comment" from the addressee.

plumlee probably sucks, but he will be at a minimum better than penderstar. or mcbob - maybe equivalent. hopefully foster"esque" or my preference Brad Miller 2.0. without the passing or shooting abilities. basically poor mans Foster
    Last edited by PacersPride; 03-22-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    You should change your signature to Miles Plumlee apologist.
    Plumlee has done nothing that requires an apology.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Plumlee has done nothing that requires an apology.
    This. Watching the Nuggets this year is a good example of judging the value of a player too early. Corey Brewer has finally become the player that people thought he would be after being drafted out of Florida. Some guys just take longer to find their niche. Bagging on Plumlee after one year is stupid.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

He is being very timid and the sample size is just to small to this point. I hope he isn't losing that ridiculous vertical while sitting the pine!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not sure why we drafted him at 26. I haven't seen much of him to be impressed.
    Smothered Chicken!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

. It will be interesting to review this in say 2 years.
    When I review threads like these I am so thankful most on PD are not in charge of the Pacers FO decisions. With the recent success of Plumlee I felt like the this thread should be bumped.

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2013/12/2...miles-plumlee/

Looks like Plumlee is going to have a solid career in the NBA.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's already done more than I ever imagined he would do, so I'll take my helping of crow now. Preferably well done, I don't want to contract all the diseases of those trash birds.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    When I review threads like these I am so thankful most on PD are not in charge of the Pacers FO decisions. With the recent success of Plumlee I felt like the this thread should be bumped.

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2013/12/2...miles-plumlee/

Looks like Plumlee is going to have a solid career in the NBA.
    Actually "Legend" kind of did what the PD FO people wanted him to do, if Plumlee was kicking a** here you might have a point but nope he was traded .... By "Legend"...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Actually "Legend" kind of did what the PD FO people wanted him to do, if Plumlee was kicking a** here you might have a point but nope he was traded .... By "Legend"...
    yup....he was traded by "Legend"...to get Scola....

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

I think Nuntius deserves a medal for his Plumlee defense in this thread. Ah, how sweet is validation

For myself, I didn't hold a strong opinion either way and was basically in the "wait and see" crowd. I did say somewhere that Larry has earned the benefit of the doubt with his drafting. Reading back, I'm amazed that so many thought PJ3 and Marquis Teague are future stars.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

I hate quoting Brent Barry.................... "Plumdog Millionaire" appears to have some game.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:

Banned

Exclamation Re: Confidence in Plumlee

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    yup....he was traded by "Legend"...to get Scola....
    And guess what FO PD member wanted to do that trade? this guy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I still have zero problem with that trade. I'm not sure what kind of wizardry Phoenix is employing in the desert but Plumlee and Green are both contributing to a team that is, currently, winning. That being said, if they were on the Pacers this year neither would be seeing much, if any, playing time. Scola is a perfect addition to this team.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Congrats to Plumlee, but i'd make the trade again

31. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    And guess what FO PD member wanted to do that trade? this guy.
    And everyone else.

Pacers: Kings of the win-win trade. We get Scola who might be the missing piece to a championship team, and Phoenix get essentially two first round picks with one already panning out.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post: