Thread: Jeff Foster Respect Thread

Free Artest

Default Jeff Foster Respect Thread

With all the talk about O'Neals return, the game vs Detroit, and David Harrison, I don't think enough attention has been given to the play of Jeff Foster.
    He's currently averaging 11.6 points, 13.0 rebounds, and is shooting over 50% from the field. Those numbers are all superior to his Detroit counterpart Ben Wallace. He's gotten double-doubles in his last 5 games, grabbing 18 boards in 3 seperate games in that span.
    So please hold off on talks of starting David Harrison, and show some Love to Jeff Foster.
    Now, do you think this is just a fluke, or is he capable of these numbers ofr an entire season?
    Personaly, I think he's capable of it all season if given the minutes. He's put up nearly indentical per-minute stats last year, only he wasn't given much time in the past.

Default Re: Jeff Foster Respect Thread

Dang, I didn't realize he lost my respect. I better look around to find it again.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

He's capable of it w/ the minutes, but those minutes will go down. Right now he's averaging something like 12 MORE minutes per game than he did last season. I think 36mpg vs 24mpg. Nice to know he can produce given more time though.

As for respecting Jeff, always have.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think we all respect the Fiesty One!!!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Free Artest

Well everyones been going on about David Harrison and overlooking Foster. Harrison is a better shot blocker, but isn't half the rebounder Jeff is.

It should be noted that in the stat comparison between he and Wallace, Jeff is doing it in fewer minutes, as well.

That said, defensively, he's still not back yet. I care more about his getting his lateral quickness back then how many points he scores.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I love watching Jeff play, what can I say he is my second favorite player on the team.

Does playing with harrison help free up Jeff?

In the past, Jeff's always faded in the 2nd half of the season - I've always figured he wears down but don't know that for sure.

Doesn't mean he isn't a solid, solid player though.

BTW - I'd start Foster because Harrison has more of a post game - but when it comes down to it, those three should get about all the C/PF minutes with a little bit of Pollard thrown in - 96 minutes for 3 players. But I'd have Harrison next to Pollard because you'd still have some post offense to work with.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire