Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 897

Thread: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

  1. #26
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,603

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Made this my annual sacrifice to the gods of "boy, what an idiot" ... final four of Duke, IU, Wisconsin, and Michigan, mostly just to be different.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  2. #27

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what makes you say this. IU excelled at slowing down Burke in btoh games against Mich. We also shut down Appling against Mich St. Our PG defense is our biggest defensive strength.
    This is the same guy who claimed he had inside info saying Hollowell was ineligible and we'd have to forfeit games.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:


  4. #28

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Syracuse (twice), Notre Dame (twice), Villanova, Missouri, Cincy?
    Yes, you confirmed my point. Good wins, for sure, yet none of them are in the AP top 15. Marquette is #15.

    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

    Thus IU has 6 wins better than UL's best win, by AP ranking: Georgetown, OSU, MSU twice, and UM twice.

    So this simple statement is true:

    In games against the top 14 teams in the nation (by current AP ranking), IU is 6-1. UL is 0-2 (Duke, Gtown).

    thank Trader Joe- now edited!
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 03-18-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, you confirmed my point. Good wins, for sure, yet none of them are in the AP top 15. Marquette is #15.

    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

    Thus IU has 5 wins better than UL's best win, by AP ranking: OSU, MSU twice, and UM twice.
    You forgot about Gtown.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  8. #30
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,916

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Michigan State (Twice), Michigan (Twice), Ohio State, Georgetown, Illinois, Minnesota, North Carolina

    And Marquette is Louisville's best win just based on where teams were seeded.
    Louisville's guards are way better than Indiana's and I would have Dieng over Zeller any day
    Smothered Chicken!

  9. #31
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,410

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Louisville's guards are way better than Indiana's and I would have Dieng over Zeller any day
    Anyone else talking and these would be valid points (the Dieng over Zeller thing is a stretch, but it's not a totally outlandish statement), but with you, we know you just hate Indiana. Alas, it falls on deaf ears (blind eyes?).

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  11. #32

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    My Final Four is Duke vs New Mexico and Michigan vs IU. Duke vs Michigan in the finals. Michigan wins it all. I think the world of Trey Burke to be honest.

  12. #33
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My Final Four is Duke vs New Mexico and Michigan vs IU. Duke vs Michigan in the finals. Michigan wins it all. I think the world of Trey Burke to be honest.
    Ok, I'm not saying Michigan can't win it all, but they need more from someone other than BUrke, there is simply nothing right now that suggest he can perform in a big way against really good teams. His shooting percentage is way down in every game against NCAA competition this season especially in the B1G.

    I'll admit I don't reallyu want to play Mich or MSU again as an IU fan as it is tough to beat a team 3 times in a season, but Burke just hasn't really shown me he can string together a bunch of efficient games against top opponents.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  13. #34

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    If i have to hitch my wagon to one player in this tournament, it's Trey Burke.

    Brad Stevens will make another run with Butler. I think they beat Miami. But IU gets them.

    I hate Pac 12 teams

    I like Colorado a lot, but i dont know if i'm willing to go with them.

    The hardest pick for me was Kansas losing to Michigan. I love Kansas. I love Michigan. I referred my self to my first observation.

    Butler has wins over 2 of these number 1 seeds. Stevens is at his best in the tournament. I would not be suprised to see another Final Four run. Not at all. But I think IU will get them.

  14. #35
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Butler is not beating IU again this year.

    But IU is damn lucky they didn't get the Midwest. St. Louis would be a horrid matchup for them.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  16. #36

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, I'm not saying Michigan can't win it all, but they need more from someone other than BUrke, there is simply nothing right now that suggest he can perform in a big way against really good teams. His shooting percentage is way down in every game against NCAA competition this season especially in the B1G.
    Really? MSU twice, OSU once, ILL, WV, PITT, Kansas St., N.C State, 25 8 5 and 2 on IU @IU o 37% shooting...so what. He's been pretty good in big games.

  17. #37
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? MSU twice, OSU once, ILL, WV, PITT, Kansas St., N.C State, 25 8 5 and 2 on IU @IU o 37% shooting...so what. He's been pretty good in big games.
    Here are his shooting numbers against NCAA teams

    PITT 5/16 0/4 from 3 W
    K-State 5/10 0/2 W
    NC-State 5/9 3/5 W
    Ohio St 4/13 2/5 L
    Minny 5/15 3/6 W
    Illinois 7/19 1/5 W
    Indiana 9/24 4/12 L
    Ohio St 6/12 4/7 W
    Wiscy 8/21 2/8 L
    Mich St 7/11 3/5 L
    Illinois 8/11 2/3 W
    Mich St 8/17 0/3 W
    Indiana 7/20 5/8 L
    Wiscy 8/22 1/3 L

    So against Tourney teams this season Burke shot 92/220 from the field which is 41.8%. He shot 47.9% on the season so he was roughly 12% better against non-NCAA teams.

    Basically for Trey to have a hope of shooting above or close to 50% against tourney teams he needs his 3 to be falling at greater than 50%, and even then it was no guarantee as you see in his second matchup with IU at home.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  19. #38

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Burke is a volume shooter who consistently fails in big games with respect to shooting percentage. He had three good shooting performances (>50%) against good teams, one when they were absolutely routed by MSU and the other two vs. Illinois and NC State, the least of all the tourney teams they faced.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 03-19-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  20. #39
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,278

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Burke is very overrated.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  22. #40
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,916

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Burke is very overrated.
    This is a legit joke
    Smothered Chicken!

  23. #41

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a legit joke
    Care to comment on his 41% shooting vs. good teams and 54% shooting against lousy teams?

    You know, the facts?

    and where's the NIT thread? Wait... it's not even the NIT, right? Maybe Hammons can get some playing time vs. St. Mary-of-the-Woods. Those Woodsies are pretty tough, though. Short, but fiesty.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 03-19-2013 at 03:59 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  24. #42
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a legit joke
    I just cannot buy that Trey Burke has done more this season for his 4th seeded Wolverines than Oladipo did for his 1 seeded Hoosiers or heck even Mason Plumlee did for his 2 seeded Dukies.

    He is a great player but the fact that he is walking away with a lot of the POY hardware shows that the decision was made in mid-January.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My Final Four is Duke vs New Mexico and Michigan vs IU. Duke vs Michigan in the finals. Michigan wins it all. I think the world of Trey Burke to be honest.
    New Mexico will have a hell of a first rd match up I feel for them. To be a 3 seed and draw Harvard is a bad draw IMO. It should be a great first rd game. I still haven't picked a winner for that game.

  26. #44
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,278

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a legit joke
    Not a great defender, efficiency goes down as shot attempts go up/competition gets tougher, is just as likely to shoot you out of a game as into it.

    If Burke keeps his shot attempts around 12-15 per game and finds Hardaway and Robinson more, Michigan is a much better team than when he goes into ball-hog mode.

  27. #45
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,969

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    LOL @ KENTUCKY
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  29. #46
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,278

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Lucky Jones is a douchebag.

  30. #47

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    I've gotta hand it to Robert Morris. It's hard to prepare for Kentucky. How can you, in practice, replicate both their outstanding athletic ability and their collective basketball IQ of a box of rocks?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  32. #48
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New Mexico will have a hell of a first rd match up I feel for them. To be a 3 seed and draw Harvard is a bad draw IMO. It should be a great first rd game. I still haven't picked a winner for that game.
    Are they going to have a math test at half time or something?

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:


  34. #49

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Good season, Kentucky.


    4 McDonald's All-Americans and they can't even beat Robert Morris in the NIT.


    The best part was hearing Jimmy Dykes (who was a huge UK apologist the entire game and barely talked about RMU) saying UK was intimidated by the crowd early in the game. Are you kidding me? You have talent that a school like RMU can only dream of, but you still need homecourt advantage to outplay them?


    Maybe Calipari should forget about world-class talent and try to find some players who aren't such mental midgets.

  35. #50
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,754

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Oh well, they won a national championship last year and will be back with a monster team next season. It's just one year.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread
    By cdash in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 450
    Last Post: 06-18-2013, 04:55 PM
  2. The 2009 NCAA Men's Division 1 Basketball Tournament Thread
    By SycamoreKen in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 07:09 PM
  3. The Official 2008 NCAA Tournament Thread
    By Shade in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 295
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 12:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •