Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Colts Deal Brewing?

This is not big, but we signed Abrayo Franklin. He's A DT who played for Chuck Pagono's brother, John, in San deago. I Didn't know Chucks brother was the Chargers DC.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Colts Deal Brewing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Irsay needs to STFU. Don't get fans all in a tizzy to have the deal go all fizzly.
    As long as there's actually a deal being worked on and Irsay's tweeting doesn't hurt it in any form, then why need give the hard core fans some red meat? It keeps the fans talking AND shows that ownership isn't content to stand pat. Maybe the Pacers could take a cue from this when they are trying to figure out where the fans are....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    As long as there's actually a deal being worked on and Irsay's tweeting doesn't hurt it in any form, then why need give the hard core fans some red meat? It keeps the fans talking AND shows that ownership isn't content to stand pat. Maybe the Pacers could take a cue from this when they are trying to figure out where the fans are....
    Because if/when it falls apart there's a backlash. It puts added pressure on Grigson to make it happen and the team/s he's negotiating with know that.

I don't see any backlash....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I don't see any backlash....
    Yet...

Either way, that's not the point. The guy you pay a ton of money is trying to get a deal done. There's absolutely no reason to leak stuff out, especially not incrementally through the process, other than self serving means. The Colts don't need their owner Tweeting out nonsense to get fans excited. But Irsay does need to Tweet out nonsense to get himself excited. That's the difference between him and Herb Simon. One of them actually did something to earn their money and has a day job and is a little too busy to tweet out idiocy.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 03-20-2013 at 07:50 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yet...

Either way, that's not the point. The guy you pay a ton of money is trying to get a deal done. There's absolutely no reason to leak stuff out, especially not incrementally through the process, other than self serving means. The Colts don't need their owner Tweeting out nonsense to get fans excited. But Irsay does need to Tweet out nonsense to get himself excited. That's the difference between him and Herb Simon. One of them actually did something to earn their money and has a day job and is a little too busy to tweet out idiocy.
    Someone's bitter.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    Someone's bitter.

Tell me the benefit of hyping up a fanbase about this and then having it either be really underwhelming or falling apart completely which are far better odds than a market value deal for a top tier WR, like Irsay's been hyping(!!!!!!!!!!). He's making his GM's job harder and it's stupid. He's not comparable to Cuban. Cuban spends, lets it be known he's willing to do so, and sticks up for his team with refs and Stern rulings, those types of things. He doesn't say "WE'RE GETTING A BRAND NEW AWESOME YOUNG STARTING PG!!!!!" and then trades for Darren Collison.

The one thing you can say for Jim Irsay though (yes I know it's all about Peyton) his team has been in two Super Bowls. Mr. Simon's team on the other hand has been in one finals.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Tell me the benefit of hyping up a fanbase about this and then having it either be really underwhelming or falling apart completely which are far better odds than a market value deal for a top tier WR, like Irsay's been hyping(!!!!!!!!!!). He's making his GM's job harder and it's stupid. He's not comparable to Cuban. Cuban spends, lets it be known he's willing to do so, and sticks up for his team with refs and Stern rulings, those types of things. He doesn't say "WE'RE GETTING A BRAND NEW AWESOME YOUNG STARTING PG!!!!!" and then trades for Darren Collison.
    Some fans like interactions and there is nothing saying that it bothers Grigson. Your complaining about which millionare worked hard enough is what I found to be a bit much.

He's just having fun and keeping the fans entertained and surprisingly in the loop, moreso than other owners. It's fun and exciting even if nothing happens. And I love his eagerness to win. He's not the one making decisions, it's Grigson, so I don't have a problem
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Seems we are just gonna draft a WR now. Doubt there is much cap space available to get one off trade.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So still in play. It's a WR. It's a free agent. And it's a whopper. But it's not Cruz or DHB, supposedly. So who exactly does that leave? Those are the "whopper FA WRs". So assuming that he's being truthful about it not being Cruz or DHB... that really only leaves Emmanuel Sanders or Danario Alexander. Not exactly whoppers. I'm still suspecting Cruz, even if Irsay says otherwise, I have a hard time believing all this Twitter buzz is about Emmanuel Sanders.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 03-20-2013 at 08:29 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Most seem to think that the current guy they are going after is DHB. I would really like a cheap, 1-2 year prove it contract. DHB has blazing speed and good height. Needs some help in the hands/route running. He may just need a change of scenery. Even if we get a chance guy, still need to consider drafting a WR this year or next unless he blows up.

Or it could potentially be Brandon Loyd.

Either would be awesome if signed for the right price.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    So still in play. It's a WR. It's a free agent. And it's a whopper. But it's not Cruz or DHB, supposedly. So who exactly does that leave? Those are the whopper FA WRs.
    My guess is the original deal fell through and they are now looking at alternatives. If it's not DHB, the only other good vet is Loyd. He's 31, but still capable of being a solid #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    So still in play. It's a WR. It's a free agent. And it's a whopper. But it's not Cruz or DHB, supposedly. So who exactly does that leave? Those are the "whopper FA WRs". So assuming that he's being truthful about it not being Cruz or DHB... that really only leaves Emmanuel Sanders or Danario Alexander. Not exactly whoppers. I'm still suspecting Cruz, even if Irsay says otherwise, I have a hard time believing all this Twitter buzz is about Emmanuel Sanders.
    I think he just used "whopper" as part of his fishing analogy. I doubt that it was intended to reflect too much on the quality of the player. He could have used the fishing term "Lunker" just as easily and no one would have tried to figure out which free agent WRs are "Lunkers". (or maybe everyone would have tried to figure out which big slow WR we were trying to sign.)

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Even in fishing, a whopper is a big fish.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

It's also a chocolate candy
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Banned

I thought it was important to highlight this part, good post.

Would like to see Domenik Hixon over DHB. Thinking he could be had cheaper and is a solid vet who comes from a "winning program".

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In geezer's day a whopper was a lie....more like an lying exaggeration. "There he goes, telling whoppers again."
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

29. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Or maybe he's at Burger King. You know - munchies ??

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Irsay got us all fooled. It's Terrell Owens at the tender age of 39.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    I think Irsay got us all fooled. It's Terrell Owens at the tender age of 39.
    I'd turn in my fan card immediately. I'm not joking. To a point, young Terrell was worth putting up with crazy Terrell. Old Terrell is not.

I realize your just joking but still....I shuddered at the thought...
    Last edited by travmil; 03-21-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I'd turn in my fan card immediately. I'm not joking. To a point, young Terrell was worth putting up with crazy Terrell. Old Terrell is not.

What's crazy is that he actually had a great statistical season the last time he played, which was in 2010 with Cincy: 72 receptions, 983 yards, and 9 touchdowns with Carson Palmer throwing him the ball, who at that point was hardly an elite QB. Not too shabby at age 37. The guy was a physical specimen well into his 30's. It's just a shame that he was so jacked up mentally, because he is one of the greatest physical specimens ever. If he would have had his head on straight like a Reggie Wayne, then God only knows just how great he could have been.