Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread 3/15/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread 3/15/13

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    30 Free throws attempted for LA vs 9 for IND. And you think this game was officiated well??? LMAO
    You are always complaining about the refs in the postgame thread.
    @qandrews9428

2. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    You are always complaining about the refs in the postgame thread.
    Only when I feel that the officiating influenced the outcome. 30-9 is PROOF the referees influenced this game
    David "And One" West

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

You guys can fool yourself into thinking 30-9 is a well officiated game, I'm not buying it for one second
    David "And One" West

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

You guys can fool yourself into thinking 30-9 is a well officiated game, I'm not buying it for one second
    That's not why we lost, mate. The refs were bad but they weren't taking sides.

We were indeed fouling Dwight and gave up several FTs in the final 50 seconds trying to come back.

We probably deserved more than 9 FTs, though, but again that's not what we lost.

Personally, the fans deserve a lot more blame than the refs. They didn't do their job.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

There is a difference between a well officiated game and an unfairly officiated game. IMO, the officials did not do a particularly good job of calling the game, they intruded too much. Especially early. And as the game wore on, they had a hard time staying out of the way. Bennie Adams is usually terrible, Gary Zelinski is best when he keeps his whistle in his pocket.

I like Derrick Stafford, but he does not make a good lead official. He does try to be fair, listen to complaints and explain what he calls. But he does best when he just calls his corner of the game, not as the main guy in the crew. The officials struggled tonight, but they were not unfair, just unaware.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    And to top it off you also had to to see Jennings signing for the Vikings... I feel you, man.
    Oh man, don't even get me started...

Such a crappy sports day.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

The refs were incompetent, yes. But as much as I hate to say it, it was very equal opportunity incompetence.

The Lakers got just as many dumb calls against them as we did.

Now, the fact that Roy and Ian got saddled with so many early fouls DID have a huge impact, but whether those calls were legitimate or questionable, I cannot answer right at this moment.

But both teams had the right to be upset about calls tonight, and THANK GOODNESS none of them were late in the game. I don't know how many more times I can do that whole song and dance.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    TROLLING??

They are expressing an opinion that has some validity to it. Since when is that trolling? Or is the word trolling used like the word hate where anything deemed negative is trolling or hate?
    It just kinda comes off as trolling when he says things like "You can't win with George Hill as your starting PG" and then goes on to say we need someone like Monta to create his own shot when George was the ONLY person creating his own shot.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Im ****ing disgusted with my hometown and the bandwagoners infesting it tonight.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Long time observer, first time poster... I say let's not overreact. Yes it's a tough loss to swallow. But it's a long season, with up's and down's. I try not to get too high after a win, or too low after a loss. We're still in second place in the east. And in great position to get to the ecf this year.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Indy fans are the worst. Might as well rename this place Lakersdigest
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    George Hill is absolutely right. Want to whine about the performance?

Then SHOW UP in the damn game. It's as simple as that.

It was embarrasing seeing so many Lakers fans at the Fieldhouse.
    I don't mind not having sell outs during the week in a long 82 game season. But how is it that the 14th largest city in the country doesn't have consistent sell outs on Friday nights and the weekends! Especially with a quality team and very affordable ticket prices!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 2minutes twoa For This Useful Post:

More people were rooting for Metta Word Douchebag than the Pacers tonight. Pathetic.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    I don't mind not having sell outs during the week in a long 82 game season. But how is it that the 14th largest city in the country doesn't have consistent sell outs on Friday nights and the weekends! Especially with a quality team and very affordable ticket prices!
    I don't care about sell outs or overall attendance either. But protect your damn home court, Indy fans. You let the Laker fans take over. Sandman21 is 10000% right. It was embarrasing.

PS: That "you" is not aimed to you, 2minutes twoa.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Go Metta World Peace said Indianapolis
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...ll-transcript/

here are times where coaches, players, front officials purposely say things when the media is in the area so that we’ll ask about it.

Pacers coach Frank Vogel did that last season in the playoffs when he blew his whistle during practice and pointed out that the Miami Heat like to flop on defense. Vogel could have pointed that out earlier in practice before the media was permitted in. Of course, that was the first thing we asked Vogel when he addressed the media after practice.

Former president Larry Bird walked by me in the hallway outside the Pacers locker room in Miami following their blowout loss to the Heat in Game 5 and mentioned about how bad his team was beaten as I was talking to Michael Wallace from ESPN.com. Bird and I spoke on the phone about two hours later where he gave me the great “S-O-F-T” quote.

Fast forward to Friday night. Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Pacers. Los Angeles Lakers. Lots of purple and gold in the stands.

As we interviewed David West following their bad loss to the Lakers, George Hill was a few feet away talking (pretty loud) to Roy Hibbert about the lack of Pacers fans in the building.
    Scott Agness (or Young Fella as I call him) from Pacers.com and I asked Hill about all the (Lakers) fans in the building.

Hill didn’t back down what he was saying to Hibbert.

I’ve decided to post the full transcript of what Hill said.

Post your thoughts in the comment section.

“It sucks. It was 70 (Lakers fans) – 30 (Pacers fans) out there. These are the same people that wants autographs after the game. We’re out there in the community. We’re doing our job, doing what we’re supposed to do on and off the court. Something has to change. I tip my hat to this team. We’ve been trouble free. Been out in the community shaking hands, we’re winning. It shouldn’t feel like an away game, especially with an important like this. Tonight, that’s what it felt like.”

“They always say your fans are your sixth man and you feed off that energy. Energy is down and we turn the ball over and we’re hearing cheers. We’re missing shots and we’re hearing cheers. That kind of brings your head down cause you know you’re at home. It shouldn’t be like that. Now we see how it is. We have to move forward, don’t worry about. Stay focus on what’s in this locker room and don’t worry about the rest.”

“(We’re) not a team that’s in the bottom in the East. We’re one of the top three teams in the East. We’re winning the Central Division and it should show. Right now it’s not and it’s been all season long where it’s not showing and I don’t think there’s nothing else we can do as an organization and as players. Now it’s up to the community.”

Your thoughts?
    Brandon Bisker ‏@BadBisky

Hill's comments made SportsCenter. The pathetic Indy fans getting clowned for how bad they suck.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 03-16-2013 at 01:49 AM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Where are those people saying they wouldn't take Dwight Howard for Roy Hibbert at? I would have done it for the rental even to get out of Roy's money owed, maybe make a run with Dwight and convince him to stay.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

After tonight I'm thinking we don't get out of the second round.

Can we talk about Paul George specifically? The rest of the guys...they are what they are. But I'm starting to get really disappointed in PG24, even considering I know it's very much a timeline of "getting it" that may not come into full effect for another few years. I get that, but still, this has been a month of him just playing so damn lackadaisically. It's almost infectious, and it's taking over almost every aspect of his game. It's not like "he looks like he doesn't wanna be out there" ... that's freaking dumb. But it just looks like "well...I guess I'll do this and...no, that didn't work....well, shucks, maybe next time!"

It's 3am so none of that makes sense, I'm sure, but the way he's playing is just really grating to me right now.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Can we talk about Paul George specifically? The rest of the guys...they are what they are. But I'm starting to get really disappointed in PG24, even considering I know it's very much a timeline of "getting it" that may not come into full effect for another few years. I get that, but still, this has been a month of him just playing so damn lackadaisically. It's almost infectious, and it's taking over almost every aspect of his game. It's not like "he looks like he doesn't wanna be out there" ... that's freaking dumb. But it just looks like "well...I guess I'll do this and...no, that didn't work....well, shucks, maybe next time!"

It's 3am so none of that makes sense, I'm sure, but the way he's playing is just really grating to me right now.
    I've been working so much that I haven't been able to see many games lately, but that was my concern early in the year. I really hope he hasn't gone back to this. This team has not been playing well lately though, I have been expecting losses.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    It just kinda comes off as trolling when he says things like "You can't win with George Hill as your starting PG" and then goes on to say we need someone like Monta to create his own shot when George was the ONLY person creating his own shot.
    Thank You. I was not going respond to any of those posts.

I was asking a serious question, not flaming him. Until that post I've only used the T word on 2 people on this board and I bet anyone can guess who those 2 are.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

I think the main problem was Paul George continuing to fall in love with the 3. He needs to start creating different kind of shots.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Its probably no worse than for us who attend games and have to put up with it. We desperately want indiana to support pacers and these people take them for granted.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

PG's becoming far too much of a 3 & D guy and it disturbs me. This is his takeover year, All Star, focal point of the offense. That is how bad habits that are hard to break get formed.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post

My main problem is that HE GOT IT. For a portion of the season, he absolutely understood what he needed to do to be successful, and HE DID IT. Since the All Star selection, it's iso mid-range jumpers, quick pull up threes, fade away mid range shots with JJ BAREA defending. To be honest, at this point I'm stunned his defense hasn't suffered since the All Star Game.

I don't think these are unbreakable habits, but man, someone needs to get on him about his shot selection or we might be looking at his ceiling.