Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 137 of 137

Thread: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread 3/15/13

  1. #126

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread 3/15/13

    I grew up as a diehard Yankees fan. I went to Commisky park in Chicago to see MY team play against the White Sox. Believe me I wasn't the only Yankees fan there! The Yankees were perrenial World Series winners and drew fans such as myself to other AL parks to see them play. Vnzla is right that winners do that. It's just the way it is.

    Something that no one has mentioned is that the Lakers only play 1 game a year in Indy, so Lakers fans have only 1 opportunity to see their team play. Also no one has mentioned how many Celtic fans were in MSA when Bird played here. Again, it happens, and Hill needs to keep his mouth shut about it. He played here last season, so he knows how it is. He's not so upset that it kept him from signing a 5 year 40 mil contract to stay here. If he's that upset, he can always ask for a trade. Otherwise, do his job and make those opposing fans leave BLF with their heads hanging down from beating their team. It's just that simple.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  3. #127
    PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN! xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TURKEY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,747

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread 3/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After tonight I'm thinking we don't get out of the second round.
    i started to think that before tonight. our bench sucks and we are still way too sloppy. even first round won't be easy.
    Last edited by xtacy; 03-16-2013 at 05:50 AM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:


  5. #128

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread 3/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .

    Personally, the fans deserve a lot more blame than the refs. They didn't do their job.

    Hill and the rest of the Pacer players didn't do their job to the best of their ability, or they would have won instead of losing. Laying any blame on the fans is absolute BS. The fans are spending their hard earned money to watch those who make millions not doing their job! The blame rests squarely on the shoulders of the players not the fans.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  7. #129

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread 3/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It just kinda comes off as trolling when he says things like "You can't win with George Hill as your starting PG" and then goes on to say we need someone like Monta to create his own shot when George was the ONLY person creating his own shot.
    Again, b/c their statement isn't agreed to by others does that makes it trolling?There was nothing outlandish about their statement to invoke the TROLLING CARD.

    If I said the Pacers will never win a Championship with Hill as PG, is that trolling too? Or is that my personal opinion that some might disagree with?

  8. #130
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,349

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread 3/15/13

    If PG doesn't learn to put the ball on the floor and actually create offense off the dribble, and at the VERY least go to the rim, I honestly have no problem dangling him as top tier trade bait. He showed monumental improvement for the first 4 months or so of the year, then he mad the All Star team and it's complete gone to ****. He's an All Star and the primary perimeter option all season, and he's digressing. He's acting like JOB's the coach. You make an All Star team any "he's young, he'll learn" curve is done as far as I'm concerned. The guy's digressed and become the most passive he's ever been.

    Making a single All Star game, because you're on a pretty good team and you're the most athletic guy, doesn't mean you made it. PG's approach to basketball since the break is gross. He's the best player on the team, time to take the kid gloves off.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  10. #131

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread 3/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    30 Free throws attempted for LA vs 9 for IND. And you think this game was officiated well??? LMAO
    I'm sorry I just hate the age old argument that if the free throw spread isn't even that the game wasn't called fair. We got called for a lot of fouls because we couldn't help but foul Dwight/wanted to foul Dwight. They didn't get called for a lot of fouls because we settled for jumpers and were too damn afraid to go to the paint where you draw fouls (because of Dwight, although we didn't do it when he was on the bench either). That's the effect Dwight has on a game.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:


  12. #132
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    418

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread 3/15/13

    I was afraid this would happen.
    We had a stretch where we were blowing teams out and a lot of it was because we were hitting 3s.
    We are such an immature team. When the going gets tuff we lose composure and do the easiest thing (jack up 3s).

    Vogel should have sat George down a minute after a couple of those quick clunkers.

    They are not drilled enough to understand what works. Team ball goes to crap.
    Remember "we're learning to trust each other"?
    Clearly they need another lesson.

    Our passing generally sucks.
    We need another good point. A steady guy who can deliver into the paint and can stay in front of quick guards.

    A scorer off the bench (Danny?) would help tremendously! Both for his points and added smart fouls and much needed rest for our starters.

    Mostly they just need to grow up.

    George looks (and plays like) a gangly kid all too much.
    He should play offense like Dr. J and D up like Pippen. Too often he looks like their spindly kid brother. He's young.

    Same for Lance. I like him a lot but he's just a little punk right now.

    We fixed the back up 5 problem from last year I think. Other than that we seam to have the same problems.
    Last edited by solid; 03-16-2013 at 09:17 AM.

  13. #133
    It could get ugly Brinocerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    109

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread 3/15/13

    after the hour and half drive home and a fitful sleep, these are the things that stick out first and foremost after last night's nauseating display:

    -27 3pt attempts
    -9 Motherf#@!ing free throws
    -17 assists
    -Laker fans everywhere

    Those first three points are completely unacceptable. Every game we lose, we chuck a ton a threes. It's a sign of lazy offense, only bolstered by our joke of an inside attack and lack of sharing the ball. That 30-9 free throw ratio has nothing to do with poor officiating and everything to do with not attacking the rim. We had Dwight Howard in foul trouble for the entire second half and for some ponderous reason decided the best way to take advantage of that was to start chucking outside shots. As good as Hibbert played against Toronto, he was the Charmin poster boy, the epitome of SOFT. Your man (who you have 3" and 20 lbs on) is playing with 4 fouls and you throw up that weak *** hook shot instead of taking it hard to the rim...all freakin night. I don't know if I put more blame on Hibbert with his girly-man game or Vogel for allowing it.

    Whoever came up with that "smashmouth basketball" should be smashed in the mouth with a basketball.

    And that sea of purple and yellow makes me want to punch a baby. George Hill is spot on.
    Last edited by Brinocerous; 03-16-2013 at 09:11 AM.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Brinocerous For This Useful Post:


  15. #134
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,281

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread 3/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by ndcoltsnpacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry I just hate the age old argument that if the free throw spread isn't even that the game wasn't called fair. We got called for a lot of fouls because we couldn't help but foul Dwight/wanted to foul Dwight. They didn't get called for a lot of fouls because we settled for jumpers and were too damn afraid to go to the paint where you draw fouls (because of Dwight, although we didn't do it when he was on the bench either). That's the effect Dwight has on a game.
    I didn't see the game, so it might very well be that the FT disparity was warranted. But, it's not the 30 FT's the Lakers shot that concerns me, it's that the Pacers only shot 9. That's really hard to believe. If that's all they earned, then that's even more troubling and a sign that they weren't being aggressive enough in taking the ball to the rim. Either way, whether it was the refs or the lack of aggression, this isn't a good thing.

  16. #135
    Member 2minutes twoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    535

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...ll-transcript/



    Brandon Bisker ‏@BadBisky

    Hill's comments made SportsCenter. The pathetic Indy fans getting clowned for how bad they suck.
    Of course Sports Center would jump on this Pacers story! God I hate them!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to 2minutes twoa For This Useful Post:


  18. #136
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,002

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread 3/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hill and the rest of the Pacer players didn't do their job to the best of their ability, or they would have won instead of losing. Laying any blame on the fans is absolute BS. The fans are spending their hard earned money to watch those who make millions not doing their job! The blame rests squarely on the shoulders of the players not the fans.
    You have every right to have your own opinion on this subject.

    But I disagree. The fans didn't gave any energy to the Pacers last night. If the home crowd is the 6th man when the Pacers win then yesterday they were the 6th man for the Lakers.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  20. #137
    Member Goyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    863

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread 3/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again, b/c their statement isn't agreed to by others does that makes it trolling?There was nothing outlandish about their statement to invoke the TROLLING CARD.

    If I said the Pacers will never win a Championship with Hill as PG, is that trolling too? Or is that my personal opinion that some might disagree with?
    No, the Monta Ellis thing is a common thing people do to troll here. I know some people actually want him here, but a lot of us make troll Monta comments all the time.

    Blasting the only player that showed up tonight, then requesting Monta Ellis. That seems like a troll. Don't see why you're so up in arms about someone else getting accused of trolling. It's not the disagreement, it's the context.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/OKC POSTGAME THREAD
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 04:08 AM
  2. Pacers/Lakers postgame
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 01:00 PM
  3. Pacers/NY postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 08:06 AM
  4. Pacers/Lakers postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 03:42 PM
  5. NY/Pacers postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 209
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 09:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •