Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: move coming possibly?

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default move coming possibly?

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA ∑ Dec 16
    Among most active teams on phones: (in no order): Celtics, Pistons, Suns, Timberwolves, Hornets, Clippers, Pacers, Nets, Nuggets, Rockets.
    Sittin on top of the world!

Default Re: move coming possibly?

what is this about.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA ∑ Dec 16
    Among most active teams on phones: (in no order): Celtics, Pistons, Suns, Timberwolves, Hornets, Clippers, Pacers, Nets, Nuggets, Rockets.

As mentioned by Ace in another thread, if there's one thing that's clear about our front office, it's that Larry Bird is obsessed with always trying to find a way to improve the team. It doesn't mean that something will happen, but there's no doubt that he's trying. He always is.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

My impression is that Pritchard is always active.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you aint active in trade talks, either your team really sucks or your team is really really really good.

Or Option C: Your name is David Kahn.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    If you aint active in trade talks, either your team really sucks or your team is really really really good.

Or Option C: Your name is David Kahn.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Speed beat me to it!
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Honestly, I have been loooking at trade sites and IMO we have 2 players that are tradeable this year, Roy and David. Both of whom have options for next year, leaving us with zero trade bait.
    Unless a team is just clearing space, why would you want any of the Pacers?
    West, Roy, Luis, A healthy G. Hill could help a contender, but 3 of 4 would have to be resigned after this season. What would a contender give up for that kind of return?

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    Honestly, I have been loooking at trade sites and IMO we have 2 players that are tradeable this year, Roy and David. Both of whom have options for next year, leaving us with zero trade bait.
    Unless a team is just clearing space, why would you want any of the Pacers?
    West, Roy, Luis, A healthy G. Hill could help a contender, but 3 of 4 would have to be resigned after this season. What would a contender give up for that kind of return?
    I doubt that Larry is looking to make a big trade. Certainly not looking to get rid of core guys like David or Roy. The only guys looking to trade them are the non-fans [cough haters cough] of Roy or David or GHill. JMO, but Larry is looking to add a guy to the end of the rotation. The moral equivalent of Bynum or Evan Turner. Hopefully, with better results this year than last.

Mood

My prediction is that if something happens it will come as a surprise. We (wisely), never seem to tip our hand, which is smart.
    Last edited by joew8302; 12-18-2014 at 02:35 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Hopefully, if we're really making moves, it's about the future and not just trying to shore up a playoff spot this season. This has been a lost season since before the first game tipped off.

So trading Roy, West, or Scola makes sense in that regard.... Unless you think Roy's inconsistency is not a problem and that West and Scola aren't getting older. We should be shoring up someone else's playoff run and acquiring assets for our own future.

IMHO...
    Last edited by Bball; 12-18-2014 at 07:21 PM. Reason: oops... sense not since...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post

[cough haters cough]
    The "haters" card? Really?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    I doubt that Larry is looking to make a big trade. Certainly not looking to get rid of core guys like David or Roy. The only guys looking to trade them are the non-fans [cough haters cough] of Roy or David or GHill. JMO, but Larry is looking to add a guy to the end of the rotation. The moral equivalent of Bynum or Evan Turner. Hopefully, with better results this year than last.
    I'm not a West Hater, I just think that he isn't likely part of our future core and the only asset on our team that can net any other assets to improve this team.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'm not a West Hater, I just think that he isn't likely part of our future core and the only asset on our team that can net any other assets to improve this team.
    I think we have LOTS of players teams would want. Their contracts are perfect, either 1 year deals or expiring's. Stuckey could really help a playoff team. Scola as well, Copeland as well (although I'd like to keep him). We know Miles won't get dealt. He's too new. George Hill would be tradeable at the deadline depending on if he gets back from injury. I think Hibbert is tradeable as well. Technically, you'd have him for 1 and a half more seasons.... and he's in the top 5 in blocks in the NBA.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Both Hibbert and West can opt so its possible neither are here next season regardless

Sports Logo

I don't think Roy's going to opt out, I think he'll pick up his option immediately really. But when he does become a FA his next deal's going to be really interesting to me. He's such a peculiar player in so many ways with his peaks and valleys, limited but immensely valuable skillset. I honestly don't know what kind of offer I'd make him.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    Both Hibbert and West can opt so its possible neither are here next season regardless
    I'd be surprised if Roy opted out. Is anyone else really going to give him the max?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I'd be surprised if Roy opted out. Is anyone else really going to give him the max?
    I can't see a team giving him the max. His vanishing act last season is still fresh in peoples mind. I don't think a few November games would have sold anyone enough to shell out the max (especially keeping in mind Roy is a 3 time All Star, his max has to be very expensive).

PG and Roy are close so I doubt he opts out. West leaving is pretty high chance though. I would still offer Roy to GSW, they need a center with Bogut's bad knees, legs, and everything else.

I don't expect Roy to opt out, but it wouldn't shock me either. He is scheduled to make $15.5 million next year, and I think that is about what his market would be. So he may opt out to lock in more years. He may also prefer to see if there are any significant cap increases after the end of next season, and just ride this one out.

Sports Logo

its possible....but highly unlikely. Both will get a bigger payday if they wait it out until the 2016-2017 off season.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

when Roy's deal's up, be it this summer or the one after, he'll be eligible for the 7 year max, which is 30% of the cap instead of the 25% he got on this deal. Under the CURRENT cap, which'll obviously go up, that's 4/81 mil give or take if my fingers are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    when Roy's deal's up, be it this summer or the one after, he'll be eligible for the 7 year max, which is 30% of the cap instead of the 25% he got on this deal. Under the CURRENT cap, which'll obviously go up, that's 4/81 mil give or take if my fingers are correct.
    Yeah, I don't think he will be getting another max offer, which would be a very large pay raise. I do think that something in the ballpark of where he is currently at is pretty likely though.

Edit. Just a hypothetical, but how would folks feel if Roy opted out at the end of the season and we re-signed him for something like 4/54ish? I could see Roy at least considering it. I personally would be really happy if something like that happened, and I am a guy who didn't want us to match Portland's offer in the first place.
    Last edited by Wage; 12-18-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    Edit. Just a hypothetical, but how would folks feel if Roy opted out at the end of the season and we re-signed him for something like 4/54ish? I could see Roy at least considering it. I personally would be really happy if something like that happened, and I am a guy who didn't want us to match Portland's offer in the first place.
    given the coming cap increase/s I'd be all for it, despite me going back and forth every other hour on how I want to go forward with Roy. that'd be a good deal for us.

I'm tempted to say I'm ready to move on from Roy. Too inconsistent and the flaws in his game can be exploited now that the league has figured him out.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post: