Thread: And with Vick's new deal...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default And with Vick's new deal...

Who thinks Manning got overpaid?
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Default Re: And with Vick's new deal...

I hope they were smart enough to put a performance clause in the contract - like number of games played.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope they were smart enough to put a performance clause in the contract - like number of games played.
    Yeah if not they are screwed.Vick is bound to get hurt again (Not that I want him to) Its just the way he plays and runs so fearless.They need to get him to pass more.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

realtyczar

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    Yeah if not they are screwed.Vick is bound to get hurt again (Not that I want him to) Its just the way he plays and runs so fearless.They need to get him to pass more.
    I think Mora has tried to get him to run less this year for that very reason. But the main reason they renegotiated his contract is partly because of his Pro Bowl selection.

PRO BOWL BERTH FORCED FALCONS' HAND?

Apparently, it's not a coincidence that the Atlanta Falcons and quarterback Mike Vick reached agreement, as reported by ESPN's Len Pasquarelli, on a contract extension one day after the 2004 Pro Bowl rosters were announced.

There's scuttlebutt in some circles that Vick's addition to the Pro Bowl roster triggered a big-money 2005 roster bonus and/or salary escalator that would have created cap hell for the team.

(Like $37 Million signing bonus and his salary doesn't?)

realtyczar

Vick reminds me of Frank Gifford. Frank started his NFL career as a Running Back who could throw. Seems to me, Frank even played QB for the Giants at some point in time. He then became a wide receiver.

According to Vick, he is redifining the QB role, (Oh really). He also sees himself retiring with 2 Super Bowl rings. (Yea, right!).

Quote Originally Posted by realtyczar
    Vick reminds me of Frank Gifford. Frank started his NFL career as a Running Back who could throw. Seems to me, Frank even played QB for the Giants at some point in time. He then became a wide receiver.

According to Vick, he is redifining the QB role, (Oh really). He also sees himself retiring with 2 Super Bowl rings. (Yea, right!).
    Well if the NFC doesn't get any tougher than we could see Vick in the Super Bowl but that doesn't mean he could actually beat the AFC powerhouses.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

realtyczar

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    Well if the NFC doesn't get any tougher than we could see Vick in the Super Bowl but that doesn't mean he could actually beat the AFC powerhouses.
    That I agree with 100%. The Eagles haven't shown me a lot, other than their record all year. Atlanta could be in the Super Bowl. But can they win it? Not even if the Chargers make it to the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by realtyczar
    That I agree with 100%. The Eagles haven't shown me a lot, other than their record all year. Atlanta could be in the Super Bowl. But can they win it? Not even if the Chargers make it to the Super Bowl.
    Agreed.The AFC is as deep as the Western Conference in the NBA.In the AFC alone there are going to be about 3 teams left out of the playoffs that would actually have a chance to contend for the Super Bowl.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions