Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: White Smoke

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: White Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The religious guidelines on PD make a lot more sense after seeing how this thread has taken shape.
    ?????????
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I actually think this thread is pretty tame.

I would not use it as evidence to reopen a politics forum, but compared to some of the heated thread back in the day this is vanilla as can be.

I actually think it is facsinating to see how we can have resonable convos with each other, even with diffrent POV's, if we just accept that we will not all be the same and leave the insults and name calling out of it.

Im with Geezer, never heard of any of the skull stuff, but makes me curious to learn more about it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually think this thread is pretty tame.

I would not use it as evidence to reopen a politics forum, but compared to some of the heated thread back in the day this is vanilla as can be.

I actually think it is facsinating to see how we can have resonable convos with each other, even with diffrent POV's, if we just accept that we will not all be the same and leave the insults and name calling out of it.

Im with Geezer, never heard of any of the skull stuff, but makes me curious to learn more about it.
    It could be a lot worse. Just silly to me that a thread about the pope suddenly turned into skull and bones talk.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Man eveidently practices what he preaches, like him or not.

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-hold-majo...102837255.html

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Francis will hold a major ceremony next week in the chapel of a youth prison instead of in the Vatican or a Rome basilica where it has been held before, the Vatican said on Thursday.

Francis will conduct the Holy Thursday afternoon service at the Casal del Marmo jail for minors on Rome's outskirts.

During the service, the pope washes and kisses the feet of 12 people to commemorate *****'s gesture of humility towards his apostles on the night before he died.

All previous popes in living memory held the service either in St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican or in the Basilica of St. John in Lateran, which is the pope's cathedral church in his capacity as bishop of Rome.

Vatican spokesmen said they could not recall an occasion when the service was held anywhere else.

When he was archbishop of Buenos Aires, the former Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio often celebrated the Holy Thursday service in a jail, a hospital, a home for the elderly or with poor people.

A pope is also bishop of Rome and the decision by Francis to hold the service in the prison was another indication that he intends to take that role seriously.

The Holy Thursday service is one of several during Holy Week, which for Catholics this year begins on March 24 with Palm Sunday and ends with Easter Sunday on March 31.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..