Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Agency and Draft...What do you think/What do you want to happen?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Free Agency and Draft...What do you think/What do you want to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, my bad. Ijalana was injured for the whole year and completely forgot him. Thing is how he will be after his recovery and if the Colts are high on his fitness status. Not a knock on the player but it's a reason why I think they will move to get another one.
    Remains to be seen...
    I love Ben, but at this moment in time I don't think it would hurt to draft another guard if Grigs can find one he likes late. Landry is visiting the facility today so S may be covered. Still in the running for Avril I think but doubt we get him. I'm guessing we go after a WR now in draft unless something happens in the next week or with the off chance that Cooper falls to us at 24.

Default Re: Free Agency and Draft...What do you think/What do you want to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessen View Post
    I love Ben, but at this moment in time I don't think it would hurt to draft another guard if Grigs can find one he likes late.
    Don't forget Bean Anderson. He was a late pick last year and we still have no idea what he can do. There's no reason (yet) to think a late pick OG this year would be better than Bean.

I look at Anderson and Josh Chapman as if they're rookies coming in this year to contribute. Both unknowns but with potential.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Don't forget Bean Anderson. He was a late pick last year and we still have no idea what he can do. There's no reason (yet) to think a late pick OG this year would be better than Bean.

I look at Anderson and Josh Chapman as if they're rookies coming in this year to contribute. Both unknowns but with potential.
    I totally spaced Bean. Thanks for the reminder. I'm excited to see what Chapman can bring to the table as well!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Not sure how he will be, but doubt Colts invest in a good back up so soon, until they have a better idea of what they have in him.
    I was talking not about a back up but us getting a starter.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Mood

I was talking not about a back up but us getting a starter.
    I am too, you currently have Dallas Thomas, McGlynn, Reitz, and Ben who may end up being a starting caliber guy, no way they get a starter right now with what they have and Bens potential, you have to wait to try to make sure you don't overpay top guys, when you have more than capable guys on your roster, it is a waste of money.

If we sign anyone on the line at this point they will just be back ups, so basically our good backup would end up being our starter if things don't go right, I don't see us getting a bonafide starter anytime.
    Why so SERIOUS

Now that the Colts have their starting Safety all kinds of possibilities open up for BPA. Before the Landry pickup I thought secondary, but with the deep draft of O-line players I think it may go back to that. Thinking Colts may reach a little bit and go for the Jones kid out of Bama. Reason... he is the one lineman that can play any position and would start out as a guard and of course move over to center when Satele is injured as usual.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Guys, what do you think about our back up QB now that Stanton is gone? They are gonna sign a veteran, right? Can't see them getting a young guy (for obvious reasons) or 'wasting' a draft pick on that position.

Guys, what do you think about our back up QB now that Stanton is gone? They are gonna sign a veteran, right? Can't see them getting a young guy (for obvious reasons) or 'wasting' a draft pick on that position.
    It'd be best if we could afford Kolb after he gets cut, but I'd be okay with Jason Campbell or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Worst cones to worst maybe Harnish would be okay.

Keenan Allen, receiver from Cal, is the guy I want for the Colts now.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Now that the Colts have their starting Safety all kinds of possibilities open up for BPA. Before the Landry pickup I thought secondary, but with the deep draft of O-line players I think it may go back to that. Thinking Colts may reach a little bit and go for the Jones kid out of Bama. Reason... he is the one lineman that can play any position and would start out as a guard and of course move over to center when Satele is injured as usual.
    We are running out of roster spots for offensive lineman IMO so I see us going either WR, LB or RB in the first round. IF you want a solid guard then we should go after Alvin Bradley from Ark. He is a guy who we could pull on outside run plays and he is one of the fastest guards in the draft.

Our line was so horrid last year maybe I'm just in panic mode.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Totally ok with getting another o-line player. Still need a WR, backup QB from FA, DL, more LBs from draft.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wonder if we target the draft for a WR #2. Letting Avery go (and we did well there) means we will definitely get someone there. Remains to be seen if it's through the FA or the draft.
    Drafting someone will take some time him to be ready as it usually is the case with the wide receivers. Hilton is gonna be used more in the slot and curious to see how Brazill develops.

How rich is the draft pool with WRs this year?
    Last edited by Johanvil; 03-14-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Wonder if we target the draft for a WR #2. Letting Avery go (and we did well there) means we will definitely get someone there. Remains to be seen if it's through the FA or the draft.
    Drafting someone will take some time him to be ready as it usually is the case with the wide receivers. Hilton is gonna be used more in the slot and curious to see how Brazill develops.

How rich is the draft pool with WRs this year?
    It's okay. Keenan Allen could be available at 24 and he'd be a pretty great pick. Not very fast but great hands and a good route runner. A bit like Reggie.

Roll with Harnish honestly the options out there are really bad.

Matt Leinhart?

Rex Grossman?

campbell and fitzy will cost to much to be a backup

harnish is the man
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

The Colts have done a good job addressing multiple needs in FA. This draft could go 100% Best Player Available and I'd be just fine with that approach.

A pass rusher or WR in the first round would be ideal but no reason to stretch if a better football player at a different position is there for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    It's okay. Keenan Allen could be available at 24 and he'd be a pretty great pick. Not very fast but great hands and a good route runner. A bit like Reggie.
    If you ask me, I'd rather take Justin Hunter or Patterson at WR. Both are tall and very fast. Wayne can help teach these young guys on the finer points of receiving if they need it. Can't teach height and speed.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...ter?id=2540151
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...son?id=2540145

colts might even be able to trade down a few spots to pick one of these guys along with an additional pick.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd assume not many more free agent pickups of note from this point on, maybe some backups.

We addressed some holes, for sure. O-line got a few boosts... d-line, safety.

At this point in time, I feel we could use some more depth at RB, receiver, on the lines, linebacker, and cornerback. I'd say the single most glaring hole is #2 receiver. I still think we need a viable #1 RB, even though I like Vick... but I still feel he's more of a super #2.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 03-15-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    If you ask me, I'd rather take Justin Hunter or Patterson at WR. Both are tall and very fast. Wayne can help teach these young guys on the finer points of receiving if they need it. Can't teach height and speed.

colts might even be able to trade down a few spots to pick one of these guys along with an additional pick.
    Count me in for a tall athletic WR. Would love to see the Colts with a Dwayne Bowe type of receiver.

Should be interesting to see what happens with the Stanford connection now that Whalen is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post

I don't think there is anyway Patterson is still around at 24, and Hunter is a huge project who will bust big time if he can't fix his hands. Allen is about the same size as Patterson, is a great route runner, and has good hands and body control. He'd be the best fit for the offense I think. Big receivers are like quick receivers, often times overrated because people overlook the lack of pure football skill.

Living in Knoxville, I've seen a lot of Hunter and Patterson. I've always thought Hunter was the better receiver. Patterson is sensational with the ball in the open field but he isn't as good of a receiver.

I'm worried that Patterson could be another Peter Warwick.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Resurrecting this thread...

Based on the moves we've made this far with our lines, defensive players and picking up DHB, I think my current focus would be running back. I love me some Ballard, but I still feel he's a #2 back in an ideal situation, a change of pace back, our new Dominic Rhodes. I still feel like we're missing that #1 back. I don't know who or where they will look to, but to me that's the big hole right now. We've really done a pretty good job plugging holes. Use the draft to fill in those backup spots, but to me getting a #1 RB needs to be a top priority, if not this year, then next.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can see the Colts drafting Xavier Rhodes, the cornerback from Florida State. I'm not saying I want that, but he could be a solid corner for us now and for the future
    "We want Miami"

I want Keenan Allen as the eventual Reggie Wayne replacement. His game is very similar.

Datone Jones is the most popular pick for the Colts. I don't know if the FO sees DE as being a big need after signing Ricky Jean-Francois, but I think it would help our pass rush.