Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Free Agency and Draft...What do you think/What do you want to happen?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Free Agency and Draft...What do you think/What do you want to happen?

Running backs are really overrated i dont see the problem with ballard and brown there not stars sure but really in this day and age you dont need a star runningback good to average ones can get the job done.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Free Agency and Draft...What do you think/What do you want to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want Keenan Allen as the eventual Reggie Wayne replacement. His game is very similar.
    You think he will be available at 24?
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    He's going top 10, top 15
    "We want Miami"

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    He will not be a top 10 pick, most likely not even top 15, there is a good chance he will will go in the 20's though, a lot of teams in the early 20's are looking WR help around that range.

Also with 2 WR's popularly ahead of Allen in Austin and Patterson, along with the fact none are can't miss stars I doubt that any WR goes in the top 10, maybe one in the top 15.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    I can see the Colts drafting Xavier Rhodes, the cornerback from Florida State. I'm not saying I want that, but he could be a solid corner for us now and for the future
    just wondering why you don't want that? dud has potential to be a shutdown corner and also fits demeanor that we are going for in our secondary, with the injury history that we have had in the past adding him would be a pretty solid decision, I personally prefer WR, but secondary would be next in this draft considering the talent that should be available at our pick.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

I would be happy with the best player available regardless of position (except QB).

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    I would be happy with the best player available regardless of position (except QB).
    or TE
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Resurrecting this thread...

Based on the moves we've made this far with our lines, defensive players and picking up DHB, I think my current focus would be running back. I love me some Ballard, but I still feel he's a #2 back in an ideal situation, a change of pace back, our new Dominic Rhodes. I still feel like we're missing that #1 back. I don't know who or where they will look to, but to me that's the big hole right now. We've really done a pretty good job plugging holes. Use the draft to fill in those backup spots, but to me getting a #1 RB needs to be a top priority, if not this year, then next.
    I'd still prioritize a guard over another RB. Ballard, Brown, and Carter are 3 fairly solid backs. We've upgraded the O line as well, so I'd like to see what they can do first. Ballard really impressed me and only looked gassed after receiving a heavy workload. He runs hard enough that I'm not willing to call him a #2 quite yet. With that being said, I wouldn't be upset nor surprised if the Colts used their #3 or #4 pick to get a guy like Monte Ball, Mike Gillislee, or maybe even Lattimore.

My take on the RB class this year is that it is well rounded, but underwhelming near the top. Sounds like an ideal situation for Grigs to nab someone late.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Even with our free agent moves I still hope OL is a priority in this draft. If we can come out with another guard that can slide in day one I think we will be in great shape. To me the RB position has become dime a dozen unless you can land a top tier guy like AD or Foster. I doubt we will get either one in this draft class.

The best thing about our free agency moves is it allows us to go BPA except for TE and QB with our first pick.

Honestly, I think WR still should be a priority. I like what Hilton did last season, but will he be able to be our number one WR? I would like to grab someone to groom behind Reggie and give Luck two young WRs to grow with him.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post: