Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jazz and Pacers discussed deal that would've swapped Paul Millsap and Alec Burks for Danny Granger and Lance Stephenson

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Jazz and Pacers discussed deal that would've swapped Paul Millsap and Alec Burks for Danny Granger and Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very weird that within a year of last season's playoffs, most of us are more ready to part with Danny than Lance.
    It's no surprise really, Danny might not ever be the same and Lance is only going to get better.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Jazz and Pacers discussed deal that would've swapped Paul Millsap and Alec Burks for Danny Granger and Lance Stephenson

Absolutely Lance was the dealbreaker there. We won't part with him, and the Jazz were likely not to take on Granger's contract for anything less than Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    It's no surprise really, Danny might not ever be the same and Lance is only going to get better.
    IF Lance does get much better, he will be a better basketball player than Danny going forward. He's already a better fit on this starting lineup. He helps with penetration and ball movement...breaking down the defense. We have George Hill and Paul George who can shoot from the perimeter. With Lance we have that guy who can go into the teeth of the defense and dish or lay it in. He puts A LOT of pressure on the defense and unlike Danny, Lance can get guys very, very easy baskets. Along with that, he's a better defender of SG's and is better at getting into the passing lanes. He's also a lot more mobile than Danny Granger with a bum knee. Shooting is only one aspect of the game....

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Very weird that within a year of last season's playoffs, most of us are more ready to part with Danny than Lance.
    Several reasons for that:

1) Lance is the better fit with our starting unit. Better at everything except shooting.
    2) Danny's knee is a big issue and isn't responding well.
    3) Lance has made enormous improvements both on offense and defense
    4) Danny is a lot older than the rest of our core. Lance is just the right age to grow with them.
    5) You've already seen the best basketball you will see from Danny. It's highly likely you will see even better play from Lance.
    6) Investing much in Danny is taking a gamble due to that knee.
    7) Lance can be had for a reasonable contract.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lance and Paul George are the two most untouchable pieces on our roster.

You do not give Lance away for anything short of a SIGNIFICANT upgrade, both in the playmaking and 'Wow factor' type player.

You don't give PG away for anything less than a top 10 player in the NBA.

In short, as long as the Pacers are contractually able to sign and play those two guys, they are Pacers.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    I think this deserved its own thread.

Discuss.
    Don't you wish Hibbert would have been included?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    Lance and Paul George are the two most untouchable pieces on our roster.

You do not give Lance away for anything short of a SIGNIFICANT upgrade, both in the playmaking and 'Wow factor' type player.

You don't give PG away for anything less than a top 10 player in the NBA.

In short, as long as the Pacers are contractually able to sign and play those two guys, they are Pacers.
    No one in this league is "untouchable"....if OKC offered Westbrook + KG for PG and Lance, I'm sure you'll reconsider the word untouchable
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    No one in this league is "untouchable"....if OKC offered Westbrook + KG for PG and Lance, I'm sure you'll reconsider the word untouchable
    LBJ is untouchable. lol

but yeah I'm with you.

But seriously, if OKC offered Iblocka, Durant and Westbrook for LBJ, I'd tell'm to **** off.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    LBJ is untouchable. lol

but yeah I'm with you.

But seriously, if OKC offered Iblocka, Durant and Westbrook for LBJ, I'd tell'm to **** off.
    You gotta take Ibaka, KD and Westbrook for LBJ
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

I am not disagreeing with your sentiment, but did you read past the first sentence of my post?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    Milsap would have started at the 3. He's done that before and it fits what Frank likes to do.
    Right.

Your lineup would "likely" have been:

1-Hill
    2-PG
    3-Millsap
    4-West
    5-Hibbert

The wing situation would be a huge problem. You'd be playing with 2 guys that can hit anything outside of 20 feet.

The lane would be so clogged.

Your bench would suck so hard. Who'd be the best guy coming in? Orlando? DJ? Tyler? Yeesh.

I suppose if you thought Burke was the future at the 2 or 3...even then. Ugh. Lance's upside > Burke and really, Millsap.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    I am not disagreeing with your sentiment, but did you read past the first sentence of my post?
    I did though I think your first sentence and the rest of your previous post is kind of contradicting...but I dont think that anyone on the Pacers is untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    Right.

Your lineup would "likely" have been:

1-Hill
    2-PG
    3-Millsap
    4-West
    5-Hibbert

The wing situation would be a huge problem. You'd be playing with 2 guys that can hit anything outside of 20 feet.

The lane would be so clogged.

Your bench would suck so hard. Who'd be the best guy coming in? Orlando? DJ? Tyler? Yeesh.

I suppose if you thought Burke was the future at the 2 or 3...even then. Ugh. Lance's upside > Burke and really, Millsap.
    I believe Milsap can hit 3's, but even if he doesn't do that a lot he can hit mid range jumpers, which is enough. What I kind of like about that group aside from being enormous space eaters and great at rebounding is that you have now also upgraded your backup PF from Tyler to Paul Milsap.

The backup team in this scenario is:

Augustin
    Burks or Johnson
    George
    Milsap
    Mahinmi

Would have been an interesting, though certainly not a slam dunk, idea.

I did though I think your first sentence and the rest of your previous post is kind of contradicting...but I dont think that anyone on the Pacers is untouchable.
    Fair enough. My point was that of all our players, the two that you absolutely, without a doubt ONLY trade if you are fleecing the other team is PG and Lance, in my opinion.

Since that's just not going to happen, I used the 'untouchable' tag. But I could have been clearer.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

I would definitely accept if Millsap was replaced with Favors.

Favors will be great whenever he gets full time.

Watch him on NBA TV tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    I would definitely accept if Millsap was replaced with Favors.

Favors will be great whenever he gets full time.

Watch him on NBA TV tonight.
    Favors and Kanter are the future of that team

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    I believe Milsap can hit 3's, but even if he doesn't do that a lot he can hit mid range jumpers, which is enough.
    He's a career 27% 3 point shooter, but lately has been an acceptable 35%. However, he shot 35 last season, and is on track to shoot about 50. So, he's really not much of a threat there, although you make a good point about his midrange game.

It isn't a terribly thought, but it'd be interesting to see how that lineup would work.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    Doesn't mean west was gone. Milsap would be a good 6th man. I still wouldn't do this deal unless u replace lance with a first or Orlando or something. Lance is too good of a prospect.
    Which is probably why it doesn't happen...

Utah was motivated by Lance IMO

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I would've considered DG for Hayward and Mo Williams.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

I would not let Lance go right now. Honestly, I think Lance is the best player in the whole deal. He has the most potential out of all the players in the original deal. I used to want Milsap until West picked up his play this year. We don't need Milsap. Our missing piece is a strong scorer off of the bench which could be Danny, or next year it could OJ.
    We just need to keep our guys. We don't need to trade or sign anyone new this offseason.