Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 3/8/13

Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 3/8/13

“@AlexKennedyNBA: One source said the Jazz and Pacers discussed deal that would've swapped Paul Millsap and Alec Burks for Danny Granger and Lance Stephenson.”

Didn't want to create a new thread for this

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dj is good at distributing the ball when he drives and dishes out. But he doesn't do it near enough. He is quite the penetrator, I don't see why he doesn't utilize that skill more.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I wonder if Afflalo ever gets traded or if he wastes his best years on a high lottery team. That Magic team could be a fairly fun, young team to watch but not with Jameer jacking up threes and turning the ball over every fourth play.

My expectations are low for Sunday. Still excited though.

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Orlando's now lost 7 straight at home, by an average margin of ~22

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After watching Lance in the last few games and especially tonite seeing him in person I believe his nickname should be "The Train" because of the way he pushes the ball down the floor.
    I like this. How about the L-Train (playing of Artis Gilmore's A-Train & Chicago's train service) or simple the L (borrowing even more from Chicago's train service).
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Did anyone else notice the exchange between the referee and DJ Augistin in the second quarter after the ref made an obviously bad foul call on DJ. It was the one they reviewed to see if it was a three or two. Ref told DJ my bad, I missed that one. DJ gave him a little pat on the chest. I like when refs do that, it defuses the situation right there and the player feels better. Everyone makes mistakes and both the ref and player move on

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    I like this. How about the L-Train (playing of Artis Gilmore's A-Train & Chicago's train service) or simple the L (borrowing even more from Chicago's train service).
    The L Train runs in Brooklyn too,

This

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Did anyone else notice the exchange between the referee and DJ Augistin in the second quarter after the ref made an obviously bad foul call on DJ. It was the one they reviewed to see if it was a three or two. Ref told DJ my bad, I missed that one. DJ gave him a little pat on the chest. I like when refs do that, it defuses the situation right there and the player feels better. Everyone makes mistakes and both the ref and player move on
    If it was Lebron instead of DJ then the ref wouldn't even have to worry about blowing the whistle.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

L-Toro

Thumbs up Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 3/8/13

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    He is quite the penetrator, I don't see why he doesn't utilize that skill more.

If ever there was a good use for this, now is as good as any............

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

We have a couple of big opportunities to get some national exposure over the next week with games against the Heat and Lakers.

If PG and Lance keep progressing as we all think they should, then is the 2010 draft the best draft in Pacer history? I think it would have to be. Legend drafted us two players who are both super important starters in just their third season. Impressive. In fact, four of our five starters right now were added over the course of just two seasons: West, PG, Lance, and Hill. Excellent work by The Legend.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I still prefer "The Variable". When u add him to the Pacers equation....u have no idea what the outcome will be.
    I gotta go with something like Nitro. Like Nitroglycerin, I really don't think he's ever too far from completely blowing up. One small jostle and ............

That said - I really feel like the coaching staff is aware of the edge he plays with and gets him out of there when he looks like he's ready to do something really stupid. Kudos to them.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

I'm just waiting for the day that both PG and Lance get respect from the officials. They'd get another 5-6 shots from the FT line every game.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

El.

Short for Elevated (trains).

Not L.

Sorry but you may cause a lot of people to cringe with that.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    I gotta go with something like Nitro. Like Nitroglycerin, I really don't think he's ever too far from completely blowing up. One small jostle and ............

That said - I really feel like the coaching staff is aware of the edge he plays with and gets him out of there when he looks like he's ready to do something really stupid. Kudos to them.

I liked the analogy that Mark and Austin made last night. Lance may still have some maturity issues on occasion, but that's not the same thing as the complete unknown that you'd get day-to-day from Artest.

I also really got a kick out of Austin calling out Tracy McGrady for always being afraid of Ron and missing a large number of Pacers games in his career as a "game time decision". If you missed it, as they were talking about the differences between immature and unstable, Mark asked Austin if anybody was truly afraid of Ron, and Austin told of how the Pacers players would just laugh in the lockerroom shortly before game time when they'd learn that McGrady scratched himself from the lineup yet again.

They also had over-unders for how many FT's Tyler would get in garbage time (and were disappointed when he was pulled from the game). And then they went right into an over/under of how many shots and 3FGA's Gerald Green would take in his appearance at the end of the game. Sadly, my train went through a deadzone and I couldn't get the radio feed back on my iPhone until after the game ended, so I missed their banter but it certainly seems that Green was not bashful with the ball in limited minutes...
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    They also had over-unders for how many FT's Tyler would get in garbage time (and were disappointed when he was pulled from the game). And then they went right into an over/under of how many shots and 3FGA's Gerald Green would take in his appearance at the end of the game. Sadly, my train went through a deadzone and I couldn't get the radio feed back on my iPhone until after the game ended, so I missed their banter but it certainly seems that Green was not bashful with the ball in limited minutes...
    Green was over the over/under Austin set but was under what Boyle said he thought. He also was under the number of 3-point shots Mark set.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Glad I got to see this one in person (and had great seats as well). I go to a lot of NBA games and I have never seen this many plays reviewed (not even on a televised game) in one game before. Lance looked great, PG heated up for a good stretch, Orlando desperately lacks size (although Vucevic has been tearing it up lately), and Tyler was a wrecking ball even when the game was way out of reach (as always). Solid win, lets take this last one from Miami.

Speaking of Miami, everyone here always complains about the lack of national attention..last night NBA countdown talked about how the Pacers could potentially end the streak, the last couple of days on his show Dan Patrick has been talking about how much hes looking forward to the game, etc. We've already beat Miami twice but this win will really get people talking. Not just 1 of 82 games. There is much more at stake here.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deadshot For This Useful Post:

Mood

I call him the Little Train. With LeBron being the big one in my mind. He barrels down the lane in a similar fashion.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

While we're on the topic of Lance...that hesitated, underhand layup scoop he does...so nice, and so hard to read and guard (he does it on a regular basis but the timing is so distinct you can't possibly know its coming).

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

Yes, I saw it, and figured the ref said something about the call being a bad one after seeing it on review. DJ seems to be an easy going guy, and I felt sorry for him when pleading his case to no avail. In the scheme of things. the call made no difference other than it was a bad call that later got acknowledged by the ref.

[QUOTE=Deadshot;1603492]

Orlando desperately lacks size (although Vucevic has been tearing it up lately), /QUOTE]

I said this a few days ago that I felt Plumlee would benefit from the Pacers trading him to Orlando. It's a team where he could get PT to develop, not sitting in a suit behind the Pacers bench.

I was calling for Vogel to put Plumlee in at around the 7-8 min time frame. The game was well decided by that time.

Plumlee might but I don't know if it would really help Orlando all that much either way. Might as well keep tanking and Big Baby will be back next season.

And I'm still trying to figure out what kind of an offense Vaughn really wants to run there. Obviously he doesn't have the pieces to do too much right now but there were several plays last night that looked eerily similar to something SVG might run (running a shooter around consecutive perimeter screens).

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
    ............the timing is so distinct you can't possibly know its coming).
    Wait. What ??