View Poll Results: Should the Pacers sit Danny for the rest of the year?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    32 33.68%
  • No

    63 66.32%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 231

Thread: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

  1. #201
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    How soon do the playoffs start after the regular season?

    Pacers last game is 4/17 at home.

  2. #202
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,614

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How soon do the playoffs start after the regular season?

    Pacers last game is 4/17 at home.
    I can pretty much guarantee the Pacers' first playoff game will be Saturday the 20th because my wife and I have a commitment that night.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  4. #203
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,769

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can pretty much guarantee the Pacers' first playoff game will be Saturday the 20th because my wife and I have a commitment that night.
    Available tix you say?

  5. #204
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,614

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Available tix you say?
    probably.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  6. #205

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    I still really like the idea of a Granger, George, Lance rotation at the wing spots. I like even better the use of Lance at point and OJ sharing part of the wing rotation. I don't see DJ as a viable part of the team in the playoffs. The defense during playoffs just buckles down too much to have the liability of DJ on the floor for any extended time. If it's possible for Danny to give us Green's minutes, then I say we have to try. By this time next year Green may have grown into the player most of us were hoping for if he follows up on some teaching and hard work during the off season.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:


  8. #206
    Member Goyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    863

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still really like the idea of a Granger, George, Lance rotation at the wing spots. I like even better the use of Lance at point and OJ sharing part of the wing rotation. I don't see DJ as a viable part of the team in the playoffs. The defense during playoffs just buckles down too much to have the liability of DJ on the floor for any extended time. If it's possible for Danny to give us Green's minutes, then I say we have to try. By this time next year Green may have grown into the player most of us were hoping for if he follows up on some teaching and hard work during the off season.
    I'm in love with the idea of Granger taking Green's minutes, and Lance taking DJ's, but I just can't see Vogel doing that.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:


  10. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    @MikeWellsNBA: Vogel said Granger and West will likely play tomorrow in Dallas

  11. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    @1070Bruno: New Blog: #pacers braced for Granger's last stand http://t.co/FXX00yF8e4 @1070thefan

  12. #209
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,085

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    I think "last stand" is right. If they have to sit or reevaluate him at all this time, he should be done.

  13. #210
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    will never happen
    Granger playing well or people shutting up?

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

  14. #211
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    I gotta say, I've been skeptical lately, but obviously doctors, team and even Danny believes he can have an impact come playoffs.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:


  16. #212
    Member BearBugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    67
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Granger is my second favorite player, needless to say I'm praying he can make an impact.

  17. #213
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    I'm still waiting to vote on this poll... Prolly very soon though...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  18. #214
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,363

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger playing well or people shutting up?

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Dealer's Choice.

  19. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Shut this thread down, now we know the answer.

  20. #216
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,129

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shut this thread down, now we know the answer.
    We've known the answer for a while.

    The aborted return told us everything.

    If we didn't have one of the most dishonest FO's in the league when it comes to injuries then people could've expected this a little more than many did. Walsh has a history of this stuff while he's at the head of things in Pacerland.

    BTW, why aren't they hiding behind HIPPA laws today with their update?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  22. #217
    Member CoolHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    303
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Well, I finally decided to vote....

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to CoolHand For This Useful Post:


  24. #218
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,084

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we didn't have one of the most dishonest FO's in the league when it comes to injuries then people could've expected this a little more than many did. Walsh has a history of this stuff while he's at the head of things in Pacerland.
    Help me understand the motive here.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    ďPeople talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but heís really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.Ē óLarry Brown

  25. #219

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Seems like the classless selfish NBA players never get derailed by injuries. (not to hope someone gets any injury, but you know what I mean).

    The class acts falter.


  26. #220
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,129

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Help me understand the motive here.
    I don't know. I'm trying to remember, did we have this when Bird was here without Walsh or were we just relatively injury free? Was Dunleavey after Walsh left? It just seems like these pollyannic, no caveat, positive injury/rehab reports happen a lot. I don't know if it's CYA mode to appease fans who'd want/expect a move if they thought a player was potentially not going to be back. Or maybe it's simply they are afraid if they were a little more honest about a player that could potentially be looking at surgery and a lost season that it would hurt the ticket office. Maybe they feel if they are overly optimistic the positive vibes will make everything magically work out.

    It's happened so much where in the end we find out things were worse than they let on originally with a player that there has to be a reason more than just ineptness and seriously being surprised.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  27. #221
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,614

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Some of it is that the injuries we remember like this are extremely complicated ones, with multiple treatment options and no real way to know what will and will not work. This was the case going all the way back to Bender. Since the player as well as the team has to make the call, and no player is really going to decide the year is over unless faced with no other alternative, there is always some uncertainty. This is even more the case when dealing with pain issues as opposed to structural ones.

    Some of it is that they cannot release exact diagnostic details, which includes information on exactly how a particular injury differs from another one that may be similar. That keeps fans, pundits, and even outside doctors from being able to do much more than make guesses.

    Some of it is that you want to try to keep you potential opponents on their heels as much as possible. As long as there is a chance of Granger coming back, teams have to spend some time preparing for him, which means less time preparing for something else.

    And, yes, some of it is box office - certainly at the beginning of the season if it had been announced Danny would be out for the rest of the season for surgery (and PLEASE remember that I don't think Danny or the team even thought of that as an option at that time), the Season Ticket sales would not have grown the way they did because no one expected the team would be able to pick itself up and push forward like it has.

    Unlike some, though, I don't believe the last reason is the overriding factor.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  29. #222
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,053

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    I can guarantee you that the pacers FO is as honest about injuries as any other FO in sports. Just because you don't know all the details, or just because you are removed from the situation enough that you don't take into consideration all the pros and cons of everything doesn't mean that the FO is dishonest. It just means you are not in a situation to make any kind of claims as to what they should do.

    Do they take PR into consideration? Sure, but I highly doubt they just out right lie about what is going on. It is far more likely they were as honest with you as Danny was honest about the pain he was feeling.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  31. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can guarantee you that the pacers FO is as honest about injuries as any other FO in sports. Just because you don't know all the details, or just because you are removed from the situation enough that you don't take into consideration all the pros and cons of everything doesn't mean that the FO is dishonest. It just means you are not in a situation to make any kind of claims as to what they should do.

    Do they take PR into consideration? Sure, but I highly doubt they just out right lie about what is going on. It is far more likely they were as honest with you as Danny was honest about the pain he was feeling.

    The "Danny has the flu and because of that he can't play day" doesn't really inspire me to think how "honest" this team is.

    The Dunleavy, JO, Foster and others situations doesn't inspire me to trust them either.

  32. #224
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,258

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    I have no idea if the Pacers repackage the truth and I will not speculate on that. But there is clearly a financial incentive for an NBA team to do that when you know a star player isn't going to return. How many less ticket packages and season passes do you sell if you know that next year Paul George or Roy Hibbert will be out?

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  34. #225
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    I'll give it to Vnzla, you called it and we probably should of sold high on Danny. Bit I still wish you would address your wild speculations more often.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 11:49 AM
  2. Conrad Brunner's blog
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 05:43 PM
  3. Conrad Brunner to be on JMV at 4:30 today
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 10:45 AM
  4. Conrad Brunner: What's the Best Role for Granger?
    By PacersFan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 02:05 AM
  5. Conrad Brunner
    By Southside_Pacer in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •