View Poll Results: Should the Pacers sit Danny for the rest of the year?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 33.68%
  • No

63 66.32%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

billbradley

Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

How soon do the playoffs start after the regular season?

Pacers last game is 4/17 at home.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How soon do the playoffs start after the regular season?

Pacers last game is 4/17 at home.
    I can pretty much guarantee the Pacers' first playoff game will be Saturday the 20th because my wife and I have a commitment that night.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I can pretty much guarantee the Pacers' first playoff game will be Saturday the 20th because my wife and I have a commitment that night.
    Available tix you say?

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Available tix you say?
    probably.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"

I still really like the idea of a Granger, George, Lance rotation at the wing spots. I like even better the use of Lance at point and OJ sharing part of the wing rotation. I don't see DJ as a viable part of the team in the playoffs. The defense during playoffs just buckles down too much to have the liability of DJ on the floor for any extended time. If it's possible for Danny to give us Green's minutes, then I say we have to try. By this time next year Green may have grown into the player most of us were hoping for if he follows up on some teaching and hard work during the off season.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    I still really like the idea of a Granger, George, Lance rotation at the wing spots. I like even better the use of Lance at point and OJ sharing part of the wing rotation. I don't see DJ as a viable part of the team in the playoffs. The defense during playoffs just buckles down too much to have the liability of DJ on the floor for any extended time. If it's possible for Danny to give us Green's minutes, then I say we have to try. By this time next year Green may have grown into the player most of us were hoping for if he follows up on some teaching and hard work during the off season.
    I'm in love with the idea of Granger taking Green's minutes, and Lance taking DJ's, but I just can't see Vogel doing that.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Banned

@MikeWellsNBA: Vogel said Granger and West will likely play tomorrow in Dallas

Banned

@1070Bruno: New Blog: #pacers braced for Granger's last stand http://t.co/FXX00yF8e4 @1070thefan

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

I think "last stand" is right. If they have to sit or reevaluate him at all this time, he should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    will never happen
    Granger playing well or people shutting up?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

billbradley

I gotta say, I've been skeptical lately, but obviously doctors, team and even Danny believes he can have an impact come playoffs.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Mood

Granger is my second favorite player, needless to say I'm praying he can make an impact.

I'm still waiting to vote on this poll... Prolly very soon though...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    Granger playing well or people shutting up?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Dealer's Choice.

Banned

Shut this thread down, now we know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Shut this thread down, now we know the answer.
    We've known the answer for a while.

The aborted return told us everything.

If we didn't have one of the most dishonest FO's in the league when it comes to injuries then people could've expected this a little more than many did. Walsh has a history of this stuff while he's at the head of things in Pacerland.

BTW, why aren't they hiding behind HIPPA laws today with their update?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

Well, I finally decided to vote....

23. The Following User Says Thank You to CoolHand For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    If we didn't have one of the most dishonest FO's in the league when it comes to injuries then people could've expected this a little more than many did. Walsh has a history of this stuff while he's at the head of things in Pacerland.
    Help me understand the motive here.

ďPeople talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but heís really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.Ē óLarry Brown

Seems like the classless selfish NBA players never get derailed by injuries. (not to hope someone gets any injury, but you know what I mean).

The class acts falter.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Help me understand the motive here.
    I don't know. I'm trying to remember, did we have this when Bird was here without Walsh or were we just relatively injury free? Was Dunleavey after Walsh left? It just seems like these pollyannic, no caveat, positive injury/rehab reports happen a lot. I don't know if it's CYA mode to appease fans who'd want/expect a move if they thought a player was potentially not going to be back. Or maybe it's simply they are afraid if they were a little more honest about a player that could potentially be looking at surgery and a lost season that it would hurt the ticket office. Maybe they feel if they are overly optimistic the positive vibes will make everything magically work out.

It's happened so much where in the end we find out things were worse than they let on originally with a player that there has to be a reason more than just ineptness and seriously being surprised.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Some of it is that the injuries we remember like this are extremely complicated ones, with multiple treatment options and no real way to know what will and will not work. This was the case going all the way back to Bender. Since the player as well as the team has to make the call, and no player is really going to decide the year is over unless faced with no other alternative, there is always some uncertainty. This is even more the case when dealing with pain issues as opposed to structural ones.

Some of it is that they cannot release exact diagnostic details, which includes information on exactly how a particular injury differs from another one that may be similar. That keeps fans, pundits, and even outside doctors from being able to do much more than make guesses.

Some of it is that you want to try to keep you potential opponents on their heels as much as possible. As long as there is a chance of Granger coming back, teams have to spend some time preparing for him, which means less time preparing for something else.

And, yes, some of it is box office - certainly at the beginning of the season if it had been announced Danny would be out for the rest of the season for surgery (and PLEASE remember that I don't think Danny or the team even thought of that as an option at that time), the Season Ticket sales would not have grown the way they did because no one expected the team would be able to pick itself up and push forward like it has.

Unlike some, though, I don't believe the last reason is the overriding factor.
    BillS

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

I can guarantee you that the pacers FO is as honest about injuries as any other FO in sports. Just because you don't know all the details, or just because you are removed from the situation enough that you don't take into consideration all the pros and cons of everything doesn't mean that the FO is dishonest. It just means you are not in a situation to make any kind of claims as to what they should do.

Do they take PR into consideration? Sure, but I highly doubt they just out right lie about what is going on. It is far more likely they were as honest with you as Danny was honest about the pain he was feeling.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I can guarantee you that the pacers FO is as honest about injuries as any other FO in sports. Just because you don't know all the details, or just because you are removed from the situation enough that you don't take into consideration all the pros and cons of everything doesn't mean that the FO is dishonest. It just means you are not in a situation to make any kind of claims as to what they should do.

Do they take PR into consideration? Sure, but I highly doubt they just out right lie about what is going on. It is far more likely they were as honest with you as Danny was honest about the pain he was feeling.

The "Danny has the flu and because of that he can't play day" doesn't really inspire me to think how "honest" this team is.

The Dunleavy, JO, Foster and others situations doesn't inspire me to trust them either.

I have no idea if the Pacers repackage the truth and I will not speculate on that. But there is clearly a financial incentive for an NBA team to do that when you know a star player isn't going to return. How many less ticket packages and season passes do you sell if you know that next year Paul George or Roy Hibbert will be out?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

billbradley

I'll give it to Vnzla, you called it and we probably should of sold high on Danny. Bit I still wish you would address your wild speculations more often.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post: