View Poll Results: Should the Pacers sit Danny for the rest of the year?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    32 33.68%
  • No

    63 66.32%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 231

Thread: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

  1. #176
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,609

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...reparing-Bulls
    Selfishly, I'd love to have him play in the Clippers game as I have some pretty great seats for that one.
    Must have cost you an arm and a leg to get those seats....or is it just because no one in LaLaLand care about the Pacers?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. #177
    High Flyers ThA HoyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasco, wa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    http://blogs.pacers.com/2013/03/26/v...t-coast-swing/


    “We’ll see how it goes,” said Vogel. “If he comes back in the next two weeks and is our best scorer, then yeah, you have to put him back in the starting lineup, probably. Or not. Or you use him as a bench scorer.”

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:


  4. #178
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,096

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://blogs.pacers.com/2013/03/26/v...t-coast-swing/


    ďWeíll see how it goes,Ē said Vogel. ďIf he comes back in the next two weeks and is our best scorer, then yeah, you have to put him back in the starting lineup, probably. Or not. Or you use him as a bench scorer.Ē
    This is why bringing him back this late in the game is IMHO more of a distraction and monkey wrench in the gears than actually getting the team hitting on all cylinders and heading into the post season as a smooth running machine.

    Obviously, it's still possible he can come back and be effective but there's no clearly defined role for him now and precious little time to actually carve one out. And there's already been one aborted comeback attempt that wasn't exactly awe-inspiring in the first place. Instead it showed just how much rust there was and left as many or more question marks than it answered.

    BTW... Did anyone ever answer my question about current rules on the playoff roster? The last time I knew them you had to declare your playoff roster and live with it throughout the playoffs. So if someone got injured you couldn't dress someone else and replace them on the playoff roster. Not sure that is the case these days though. It would be important to know though considering Granger's potential to aggravate his knee.
    Last edited by Bball; 03-26-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  6. #179

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    We aren't exactly running like a smooth machine right now.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  8. #180
    Member Goyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    863

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must have cost you an arm and a leg to get those seats....or is it just because no one in LaLaLand care about the Pacers?
    I don't think it has anything to do with the Pacers, Clippers games are still relatively cheap outside of the marquee games and that's with a huge price increase. My brother's upper level season tickets more than doubled in price this season.

  9. #181
    High Flyers ThA HoyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasco, wa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is why bringing him back this late in the game is IMHO more of a distraction and monkey wrench in the gears than actually getting the team hitting on all cylinders and heading into the post season as a smooth running machine.

    Obviously, it's still possible he can come back and be effective but there's no clearly defined role for him now and precious little time to actually carve one out. And there's already been one aborted comeback attempt that wasn't exactly awe-inspiring in the first place. Instead it showed just how much rust there was and left as many or more question marks than it answered.

    BTW... Did anyone ever answer my question about current rules on the playoff roster? The last time I knew them you had to declare your playoff roster and live with it throughout the playoffs. So if someone got injured you couldn't dress someone else and replace them on the playoff roster. Not sure that is the case these days though. It would be important to know though considering Granger's potential to aggravate his knee.
    I agree with the part for the starting lineup but if he's healthy would be a great weapon to bring off the bench. Our bench is struggling an then to close out games go with who matches up best/who's got it going. But this is all speculation first he needs to be healthy. If that's they case they I don't see how anyone can deny he would help off the bench.

    As for the rules of the roster, I'm not 100% sure but I thought they had changed that to where u declared it at the start of each series now. I'm going to look it up

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:


  11. #182
    High Flyers ThA HoyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasco, wa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    http://www.nba.com/news/rulechanges_060802.html

    Playoff roster size will be expanded from 13 to 15 players, with each team designating 12 active players and up to three inactive players prior to each game.

    this is from 2006 I couldn't find anything more recent

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:


  13. #183
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is why bringing him back this late in the game is IMHO more of a distraction and monkey wrench in the gears than actually getting the team hitting on all cylinders and heading into the post season as a smooth running machine.
    The team is clunking along WITHOUT HIM. There are already about 3 monkey wrenches in there. And instead of opening the hood and trying to fix something, the solution is to "hold on, we don't want to make it worse". Things were at their peak right when he rejoined. It's been after that when he went back out that they've gone down the toilet. If anything it looked like losing Danny kicked them a bit mentally, as though they'd been putting their own hopes on it.


    If Danny replaced BEN or MILES on the playoff roster, I'm fine with it. There is no scenario, not a single one, that involves us saying "thank god they had Ben on there instead of Danny, that's the reason they won that playoff series". You aren't going 12 deep because if something happens that makes you go 12 deep in a playoff game then you just lost. Guys gut hurt - it's over. Guys got in massive foul trouble - lost the game already. Guys got in a fight and suspended - you lost that game and maybe the next one.

    The 12th man on a playoff roster is like a seatbelt for a car made of nitroglycerin. By the time you need it it's existence is a moot point.

    Unless you are sending him on the court to try and murder Lance Stephenson ala Miami.

  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  15. #184
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think it has anything to do with the Pacers, Clippers games are still relatively cheap outside of the marquee games and that's with a huge price increase. My brother's upper level season tickets more than doubled in price this season.
    Yeah, I was surprised at the quality of seats I could find for that game back when I was entertaining the idea of an epic road trip (which I decided to pass on when I ran the cost of gas into the equation...that's a lot of miles).

    I think the Dallas game was the toughest and the Phoenix game wasn't far behind, and that really surprised me. Clips might have been the most reasonable of the 4 games actually.

  16. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The team is clunking along WITHOUT HIM. There are already about 3 monkey wrenches in there. And instead of opening the hood and trying to fix something, the solution is to "hold on, we don't want to make it worse". Things were at their peak right when he rejoined. It's been after that when he went back out that they've gone down the toilet. If anything it looked like losing Danny kicked them a bit mentally, as though they'd been putting their own hopes on it.


    If Danny replaced BEN or MILES on the playoff roster, I'm fine with it. There is no scenario, not a single one, that involves us saying "thank god they had Ben on there instead of Danny, that's the reason they won that playoff series". You aren't going 12 deep because if something happens that makes you go 12 deep in a playoff game then you just lost. Guys gut hurt - it's over. Guys got in massive foul trouble - lost the game already. Guys got in a fight and suspended - you lost that game and maybe the next one.

    The 12th man on a playoff roster is like a seatbelt for a car made of nitroglycerin. By the time you need it it's existence is a moot point.

    Unless you are sending him on the court to try and murder Lance Stephenson ala Miami.

    Lol at you wanting Danny to be the 12 man, not long ago you thought he was going to be the Pacers Rasheed Wallace and gave me s&&$ for thinking otherwise, now who is talking out of his a**?

  17. #186
    Psycho T!!!!! Shabazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Trade him
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

  18. #187
    Member Goyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    863

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol at you wanting Danny to be the 12 man, not long ago you thought he was going to be the Pacers Rasheed Wallace and gave me s&&$ for thinking otherwise, now who is talking out of his a**?
    I might be misinterpreting, but I think he's saying Danny should be active over Ben or Miles because a 12th man is unnecessary in the playoffs, not that Danny should be the 12th man.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:


  20. #188
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,096

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    All I can see is Danny playing and his defense being timid due to favoring his knee plus rust... and then countering that on the offensive end with not being a threat to go to the rim at all and launching some ill-advised long shots thinking he's still 'Danny Granger' and missing them... badly.

    He sat out a few games at the end of last season and came into the playoffs looking like he hadn't played in months. He's already had a false start this season and didn't look good and went back on the shelf. Now he's going to come back and be a positive factor? I don't think so...

    I like Danny Granger, but I like the Indiana Pacers more. Granger hasn't looked like the player he was projected to be for some time. I seriously doubt a hobbled Danny Granger is going to be the missing ingredient now. In fact, I think trying to insert him when we did threw things out of kilter in the first place. Rather than admit that and learn from it and try to right things as they are we're going to try to bring him back again?

    This thread asks: Is it time to pull the plug on Granger’s comeback?

    It's time to be honest and answer it. Yes, it's time to pull the plug on Granger's comeback.

    Let's let the team KNOW what we have for the rest of the season and playoffs and move forward. No murkiness.

    It's time to pull the plug.... It's been time for a while...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  22. #189
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,940

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All I can see is Danny playing and his defense being timid due to favoring his knee plus rust... and then countering that on the offensive end with not being a threat to go to the rim at all and launching some ill-advised long shots thinking he's still 'Danny Granger' and missing them... badly.

    He sat out a few games at the end of last season and came into the playoffs looking like he hadn't played in months. He's already had a false start this season and didn't look good and went back on the shelf. Now he's going to come back and be a positive factor? I don't think so...

    I like Danny Granger, but I like the Indiana Pacers more. Granger hasn't looked like the player he was projected to be for some time. I seriously doubt a hobbled Danny Granger is going to be the missing ingredient now. In fact, I think trying to insert him when we did threw things out of kilter in the first place. Rather than admit that and learn from it and try to right things as they are we're going to try to bring him back again?

    This thread asks: Is it time to pull the plug on Granger’s comeback?

    It's time to be honest and answer it. Yes, it's time to pull the plug on Granger's comeback.

    Let's let the team KNOW what we have for the rest of the season and playoffs and move forward. No murkiness.

    It's time to pull the plug.... It's been time for a while...
    If you just want to get into the playoffs and lose then pull the pull the plug on Granger. I disagree that Granger playing through some rust disprupts this team, but even if that's true you let him play through that even into the first round. We have no chance at all against Miami without Granger in a significant role, hopefully as a starter or at the very least our go to guy off the bench. Granger is the only chance we have to get past Miami and even though the odds would still be against us with Granger, you have to take that chance. It's just like with the Bulls and Rose, they've said they'll let him come back even if it's after the playoffs start. It's never time to pull the plug unless you want to lose in the first or second round.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  24. #190
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,928

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol at you wanting Danny to be the 12 man, not long ago you thought he was going to be the Pacers Rasheed Wallace and gave me s&&$ for thinking otherwise, now who is talking out of his a**?
    I think you're missing his point, he's just saying we shouldn't be worrying about who's spot Danny is taking on the playoff roster or something silly like that, Seth is actually speaking from a worst case scenario, not a best case scenario.



    Anyway, does anyone know if he is playing tonight?

    ďWE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKINGĒ- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. #191
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you just want to get into the playoffs and lose then pull the pull the plug on Granger. I disagree that Granger playing through some rust disprupts this team, but even if that's true you let him play through that even into the first round. We have no chance at all against Miami without Granger in a significant role, hopefully as a starter or at the very least our go to guy off the bench. Granger is the only chance we have to get past Miami and even though the odds would still be against us with Granger, you have to take that chance. It's just like with the Bulls and Rose, they've said they'll let him come back even if it's after the playoffs start. It's never time to pull the plug unless you want to lose in the first or second round.
    We have a chance. We won the season. Series for a reason.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

  26. #192
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 12th man on a playoff roster is like a seatbelt for a car made of nitroglycerin. By the time you need it it's existence is a moot point.

    Unless you are sending him on the court to try and murder Lance Stephenson ala Miami.
    The nice thing is that there is no such thing as a "playoff" roster. All 15 players are available to a coach for each game. The coach just has to decide which players will/ will not dress. Under this new guideline, I think this entire thread becomes moot.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  28. #193
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,045

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    At this point you don't even think about starting Granger unless he comes back and sets the world on fire, not very likely based on history. As a bench option though is still viable. I don't really expect him to be up to par by the playoffs, but I do think you can expect him to be good enough to be a good bench player. Just think of it this way, Granger would be replacing Green. So I am not worried about him being some kind of distraction, or ruining chemistry. In my opinion, if Granger comes back soon and is able to play, worst case scenario for the playoffs is Granger is a bigger stronger Green who teams respect more, whether or not he deserves that respect by then or not. Not a bad worst case scenario when you consider the other options. So unless Green suddenly becomes that consistent scoring option off the bench we hoped for I don't see a down side to bring Granger back with the plan of using him as a bench player.

  29. #194
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,909

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All I can see is Danny playing and his defense being timid due to favoring his knee plus rust... and then countering that on the offensive end with not being a threat to go to the rim at all and launching some ill-advised long shots thinking he's still 'Danny Granger' and missing them... badly.

    He sat out a few games at the end of last season and came into the playoffs looking like he hadn't played in months. He's already had a false start this season and didn't look good and went back on the shelf. Now he's going to come back and be a positive factor? I don't think so...

    I like Danny Granger, but I like the Indiana Pacers more. Granger hasn't looked like the player he was projected to be for some time. I seriously doubt a hobbled Danny Granger is going to be the missing ingredient now. In fact, I think trying to insert him when we did threw things out of kilter in the first place. Rather than admit that and learn from it and try to right things as they are we're going to try to bring him back again?

    This thread asks: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback?

    It's time to be honest and answer it. Yes, it's time to pull the plug on Granger's comeback.

    Let's let the team KNOW what we have for the rest of the season and playoffs and move forward. No murkiness.

    It's time to pull the plug.... It's been time for a while...
    Didn't seem timid when he came back for that few game stretch he was back in
    "We want Miami"

  30. #195
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Here is hoping Granger Plays tonight in Houston and complete blows up and leads all scorers, so you all will shut your trap about this topic for one day.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  32. #196
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,909

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is hoping Granger Plays tonight in Houston and complete blows up and leads all scorers, so you all will shut your trap about this topic for one day.
    will never happen
    "We want Miami"

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:


  34. #197
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,096

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is hoping Granger Plays tonight in Houston and complete blows up and leads all scorers, so you all will shut your trap about this topic for one day.
    I'll agree with that... But it's hoping versus the reality of the situation.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  36. #198
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,180
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Sorry if already posted but Danny is expected back this road trip and possibly vs Houston tonight.

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...rning/2024947/



    Danny Granger's return to an Indiana Pacers uniform is just one of the medical cases coach Frank Vogel is watching as a four-game Western Conference road trip begins Wednesday night in Houston.

    Vogel expects the former NBA All-Star to play sometime this week ó although maybe not against the Rockets ó as the Pacers look to get healthy as the regular season winds down.

    Meanwhile, guard Lance Stephenson (hip) appears ready to play, Vogel said. Forward David West (back) and point guard George Hill (groin) will have their injuries re-evaluated Wednesday.

    "I guess you'd call them questionable," Vogel said. "Day-to-day."

    Vogel used three new starters (Tyler Hansbrough, Gerald Green and D.J. Augustin) in Monday's 100-94 home victory over Atlanta, a mix-and-match that could be in play Wednesday, too.

    West and Hill didn't practice at Bankers Life Fieldhouse prior to the team's afternoon flight to Houston, but West might as well have. He battled Stephenson (see video), Orlando Johnson and Green in a half-court drill for the better part of 20 minutes after others had left the court.

    "I was under the impression he wasn't supposed to do that," Vogel said, laughing. "I think (the medical staff) wanted to limit him to no contact. He's feeling good so he pushes it a little bit."

    Vogel said the goal is to rest West one more game, "but I guess it's possible (he plays)."

    West said he will suit up when he's given permission to.

    "Just trying not to have a setback; that's the biggest thing right now," he said. "I feel good, but I'm still trying to be cautious."

    Hill said his groin is painful when he plays but he's otherwise ready to return to action.

    Granger is the one Vogel was most interested in talking about. The seventh-year veteran hasn't played since March 3 and has missed all but five games this season while nursing knee soreness.

    Granger looked good in the part of practice visible to the media. Vogel didn't sound like he expects Granger to play Wednesday in Houston, but he could. The Pacers are in Dallas on Thursday, Phoenix on Saturday and Los Angeles to play the Clippers on Monday.

    Vogel can see Granger in any number of roles down the stretch.

    "If he comes back in the next two weeks (and) is our best scorer, you've got to put him back in the starting lineup probably," he said. "Or, we use him as a bench scorer.

    "We'll approach it on a week-by-week basis."

    Vogel worries some about having so many key players sitting alongside him on the bench, but he said it's a fact of life at this point in an NBA season. Eleven games remain in the regular season.

    If everyone returns without additional problems, Vogel thinks his club will be fine for the playoffs.

    "I think you get through it," he said. "It's a concern, but I think once you get everybody back healthy you settle back into the rotation that they're used to for most of the year, and you go from there."

    Green, who has been stuck on the bench, scored 19 points with six rebounds against Atlanta. Hansbrough has played well in relief of West, who has missed the past five games, including 12 points and 11 rebounds against the Hawks. Augustin ran the offense in Hill's absence Monday night.

    "We're a good basketball team," West said. "We've always had that 'next-man-up' mentality. That's why we train hard and prepare hard so (when) somebody goes down ... last night three starters were out and we had a 28-point lead on (Atlanta), the fifth seed in the East."

    Curt Cavin writes for the Indianapolis Star
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

    J7F

  38. #199
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you're missing his point, he's just saying we shouldn't be worrying about who's spot Danny is taking on the playoff roster or something silly like that, Seth is actually speaking from a worst case scenario, not a best case scenario.



    Anyway, does anyone know if he is playing tonight?
    That's why he's on my ignore. You MUST be intentionally trolling to misread my post that bad and pulling some "you said he was great, now you say he sucks" BS angle. Obviously I was addressing the comments in some posts just prior that suggested that adding Danny to the playoff roster would compromise it, which is of course nearly impossible to do. They could add Chuck Person to their playoff roster and not take a hit.


    This is not a team looking to pare back shots and PT for players. This is a team that's still looking for scoring and more guys it can lean on. And Lance has slumped badly enough that some of us started mumbling about OJ catching him and moving into that spot, or Green if he keeps shooting well and working well as a starter with Lance out.



    Anyway, even though more setbacks could be lingering, I'm still buying into the excitement of the DG return 2.0. He could do 2 road games and be starting to get back on track by the OKC game which would be nice. A decent outing from him in a win over the Thunder would do wonders for the general morale in Pacersland.

  39. #200
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

    BBall, I just don't get your angle on the "timid defense" thing after we saw him get very aggressive on guys during his return, during his FIRST game back after months of being out. TraderJoe and I commented on that many times while watching his home debut. His shot took a few games and maybe his lateral quickness wasn't at it's peak, but he was definitely defending aggressively when he had position. He was closer to being back on defense than offense.

  40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 11:49 AM
  2. Conrad Brunner's blog
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 05:43 PM
  3. Conrad Brunner to be on JMV at 4:30 today
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 10:45 AM
  4. Conrad Brunner: What's the Best Role for Granger?
    By PacersFan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 02:05 AM
  5. Conrad Brunner
    By Southside_Pacer in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •