View Poll Results: Should the Pacers sit Danny for the rest of the year?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 33.68%
  • No

63 66.32%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

Banned

Default Re: Is it time to pull the plug on Grangerís comeback? Conrad Brunner

Bills you are assuming that because the Pacers didn't say the word "tendinosis" that they didn't know what was wrong with him, you are assuming that he was misdiagnosed by the Pacers to say that he has been "injured with actual tendinosis" for only 3 months, I'm sorry but I don't buy it.

while i am hopeful for danny to return this year, i suspect he won't help much more this season. he has had months to heal the knee and it didn't seem to help at all. we have tried this rest approach before with reggie and his ankle ( 2 different injuries- i know) but it didn't work- it only delayed the inevitable as far as needing surgery to fix the problem.
    if 4 months of rest couldn't fix the problem, 2 more weeks is not going to make any difference.
    i can only suspect it is going to require surgery.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bills you are assuming that because the Pacers didn't say the word "tendinosis" that they didn't know [...]I'm sorry but I don't buy it.
    Quelle suprise.

Where I believe that tendinosis is a last-ditch diagnoses and they had to eliminate the easy stuff first. Silly me. More likely they completely f**ked up the treatment for the right diagnoses than that they treated the simplest answer first. Damn, the Pacers' medical staff really IS stupider than a fifth grader.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Quelle suprise.

Where I believe that tendinosis is a last-ditch diagnoses and they had to eliminate the easy stuff first. Silly me. More likely they completely f**ked up the treatment for the right diagnoses than that they treated the simplest answer first. Damn, the Pacers' medical staff really IS stupider than a fifth grader.

Not sure if serious.

Not sure if serious.
    What, you think you go after the most serious diagnoses first? Glad you didn't treat my cold like pneumonia.

BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    What, you think you go after the most serious diagnoses first? Glad you didn't treat my cold like pneumonia.

He got the PRP because the diagnosis was serious to begging with, PRP is one of the last options, you are acting like they told him to take an Advil.

According to reports the PRP was done to the damage tendon, that means that they knew about the problem, unless they are crazy and they were injecting him all over the knee

Even if Granger can back at some point in the next few weeks... can he last thru a playoff series? Can he even make it thru more than one series?

What are the rules these days on setting your playoff roster?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Seems pretty obvious he was diagnosed in November. They had him out there playing in the preseason games with Cleveland and Chicago, he gets shut down "indefinitely" while he goes to visit various doctors to see what they say, then suddenly he has this diagnosis of tendinosis and he's out at least three months.

He got the PRP because the diagnosis was serious to begging with, PRP is one of the last options, you are acting like they told him to take an Advil.

According to reports the PRP was done to the damage tendon, that means that they knew about the problem, unless they are crazy and they were injecting him all over the knee
    OK Dr. vnzla81. Any tendon injury that has to be treated is tendinosis. Any treatment for a tendon is tendinosis. Any knee tendon injury is permanent and career affecting.
    BillS

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Here's an article on Rose returning. I won't post all of if but in a nutshell it just talks about how they'll take him back even if he can't play until the playoffs. If anyone thinks adapting to Granger returning would cause a disruption in team chemistry which I don't, imagine a team adapting to a ball dominant player like Rose. Thibodeau isn't stupid enough to turn down that kind of talent for a playoff run and Vogel isn't stupid enough to turn down Granger. Even if he isn't more then 50% Granger is a still a better option then OJ or Green getting those minutes. You don't turn down a playoff tested all star talent like Granger. I wish Vogel would make a statement like this to put an end to this shutting down talk.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,4724301.story

With 18 games remaining, Thibodeau reiterated there is no cutoff date for Rose's return. For the first time, he even OK'd an unlikely scenario -- that Rose could make his debut in the playoffs even if he misses all 82 regular-season games.
    Last edited by Pacerized; 03-14-2013 at 08:28 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

He's not coming back this season.

And by he, I mean Rose.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA

Danny Granger (knee) has been cleared to resume activities. He won't play this in the 4 games this week, but will practice this week.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Same exact thing is going to happen. He's going to play a couple games, look horrible, than get super sore again. We should just shut him down.
    @qandrews9428

billbradley

I don't think Danny will be back. But if he can practice this week, start playing next week, barring set backs he could be ready for playoffs.

One thing that gives me little hope, is if there was no hope, Pacers would just shut him down.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    I don't think Danny will be back. But if he can practice this week, start playing next week, barring set backs he could be ready for playoffs.

One thing that gives me little hope, is if there was no hope, Pacers would just shut him down.

Yeah, there's certainly no harm in letting him try as long as the doctors allow it. But I'm not expecting anything either. I expect him to attempt one more comeback, play in a couple of games, but then head back to the bench again for the same reasons as two weeks ago.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA

Danny Granger (knee) has been cleared to resume activities. He won't play this in the 4 games this week, but will practice this week.
    Ugh...JUST SHUT HIM DOWN ALREADY!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to 31Since1990 For This Useful Post:

HC

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Same exact thing is going to happen. He's going to play a couple games, look horrible, than get super sore again. We should just shut him down.
    or he could be able to play 15 minutes a game and help us in the playoffs. We don't know, that is the point. Playoffs are 5 weeks away, why not see if he can contribute. Not too late to give it another try - what do we have to lose. I mean don't we owe Danny that much?

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    or he could be able to play 15 minutes a game and help us in the playoffs. We don't know, that is the point. Playoffs are 5 weeks away, why not see if he can contribute. Not too late to give it another try - what do we have to lose. I mean don't we owe Danny that much?
    Could he possibly be any worse than what you have gotten out of Sam Young or Gerald Green?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Banned

Hopefully they got the right diagnose this time

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Could he possibly be any worse than what you have gotten out of Sam Young or Gerald Green?
    He wasn't much better the 1st time they tried it, but it's certainly worth giving it a go until the doctors tell him he can't anymore.

I think expecting anything more than nothing, at this point, is wishful thinking.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Mood

I'm going all in with Lance this year. Just let Danny sit it out.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

Maybe, maybe not.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

do you have twitter? you should tweet this to him and the pacers so they can let everyone know

Banned

CLEVELAND ó Danny Granger has been cleared to resume basketball activities, Pacers coach Frank Vogel said prior to Mondayís game at Cleveland.

A sore left knee has caused Granger to miss all but five of the Pacersí 66 games this season.

ďWe sort of took him off his feet for a little while, so to speak, (but) heís resumed activity,Ē Vogel said. ďHeíll put in a lot of individual work this week, and practice time when we have practice. Weíll see where heís at toward the end of the week.Ē

Granger, a 6-foot-7 forward, led the Pacers in scoring last season at 18.7 points per game. Heís averaging 18.1 points for his career, including 5.4 in 14 minutes per game this year.

The Pacers (40-26) led New York by one game for the No. 2 seed in the Eastern Conference entering Mondayís game.

http://fanmonster.com/?p=5558

Banned

@MikeWellsNBA: Pacers: No easy cure for Danny Granger's knee injury http://t.co/O1cyhtJuTj