Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    154

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/91...lls-hard-fouls

    Says Spolestra sent the league tapes of James and Wade getting hit and no-calls. Funny, if Frank did that he'd probably get fined.
    Forever struggling to convince myself "In Larry we trust"
    Writer at NoseBleedSectionSports.com

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    This is why we picked up Mahinmi and Plumlee. I believe the NBA has realized that you aren't going to beat the Heat by being more talented than them. As Pacers fans know, you can really take Wade off his game with hard fouls. Sometimes, this may set him off and he could go for 40 points. However, most of the time, this results in Wade getting frustrated, making dirty plays on defense and pouting beyond the 3pt line. Lebron may be upset about the hard fouls, but he is going to have to accept them. To get to the finals, the Heat will have to play the Pacers, Bulls or Knicks. You know that all three of these teams are going to foul hard. Like I said, we picked up Mahinmi and Plumlee so we would have guys to provide depth (and fouls) on the front line. I expect Plumlee to dress if we play the Heat in the playoffs for that reason.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    I guess I'd understand his frustration if those plays weren't called as fouls. However, they were, and all this post-game commentary does is advertise perhaps his only weakness, his head. Chicago was clearly frustrating him down the stretch.

  4. #4
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,281

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    As always, Lebron and Wade cry when they don't get their way.

    I've yet to hear Wade explain/justify his body slam on Collison last year (not that I expect him to). Hell, I've yet to see any indication that the NBA even knows it happened.

    But, god forbid Lebron has to take as good as he gives.

  5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to A-Train For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  6. #5
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,335

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    Any time you come out with such comments after having a huge winning streak ended, will always be sour grapes and crying.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,458

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    I can't fight the feeling that Chicago can get away with harder fouls than we can.

  9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,843

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchbr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/91...lls-hard-fouls

    Says Spolestra sent the league tapes of James and Wade getting hit and no-calls. Funny, if Frank did that he'd probably get fined.
    No, teams have been sending tapes to the league for years and years. Bob Hill used to discuss it all the time and he hasn't been our coach for over 20 years. Teams can send tapes into the league whenever they want

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,053

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    I find it amazing that the player who probably get's the most favorable whistle from the refs in all of basketball immediately starts complaining after his teams first loss in 28 games.

    Somebody find that baby a pacifier and shut him the hell up, his crying is ruining my morning.
    Danger Zone

  13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,278
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    He's *****ing about being fouled after his intentional screen foul on Boozer? STFU Gaybron.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  15. #10
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,450

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's *****ing about being fouled after his intentional screen foul on Boozer? STFU Gaybron.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

    "Using the word Gay to describe someone as stupid or dumb is not cool!" - Grant Hill, Jared Dudley, Kobe Byrant, and me.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  16. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  17. #11
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,433

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    And everyone thinks Im crazy when I say Lebron is not mentally strong enough to have been able to be successful had he played in the 90s NBA.....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  19. #12
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,315
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    I think we all saw how a team with a front court can give Miami trouble. Birdman Haslem and Bosh <<< West, Tyler, & Roy

    And if PG plays like he's capable, he'll be our Jimmy Butler.

  20. #13
    Brian Mac_Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    University Heights
    Age
    28
    Posts
    569
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    Let's not start all of this again. Last year at around this time LeBron was crying as well and then he sucked it up and used it as fuel to dominate the playoffs.


  21. #14

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    Buck is right. The Pistons back in the bad boys days sent a video of Jordan getting calls when he wasn't touched back in the day. It's a bit annoying and melodramatic but it's part of the larger game these days.

  22. #15
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And everyone thinks Im crazy when I say Lebron is not mentally strong enough to have been able to be successful had he played in the 90s NBA.....
    Let alone the 70s or 80s. He needs to suck it up and make them pay by performing in the clutch. They didn't foul him on the strip. Maybe he can teach Bosh how to not get the ball ripped from his hands and flung to the floor by a point guard. That for me was when the Bulls took it from them.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:


  24. #16
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,433

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe he can teach Bosh how to not get the ball ripped from his hands and flung to the floor by a point guard. That for me was when the Bulls took it from them.
    And when I started cracking up laughing.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  25. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Smooth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is why we picked up Mahinmi and Plumlee. I believe the NBA has realized that you aren't going to beat the Heat by being more talented than them. As Pacers fans know, you can really take Wade off his game with hard fouls. Sometimes, this may set him off and he could go for 40 points. However, most of the time, this results in Wade getting frustrated, making dirty plays on defense and pouting beyond the 3pt line. Lebron may be upset about the hard fouls, but he is going to have to accept them. To get to the finals, the Heat will have to play the Pacers, Bulls or Knicks. You know that all three of these teams are going to foul hard. Like I said, we picked up Mahinmi and Plumlee so we would have guys to provide depth (and fouls) on the front line. I expect Plumlee to dress if we play the Heat in the playoffs for that reason.
    Not sure if serious.

  26. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    FWIW, I think LeBron does get fouled a lot. Kind of like Shaq did a lot.

    I think he gets beat up a hell of a lot where fouls are not called.

    That said, I also think he is a whiny *****. STFU and play teh game.

    You lost ONE game in almost 2 months and the first thing you do is whine and moan? Come on, man!

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  28. #19

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    It drives me nuts when Lebron complains about calls. He gets such an advantage with the refs that this type of complaining is part of the reason why I can't enjoy watching him.

  29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  30. #20
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,395

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It drives me nuts when Lebron complains about calls. He gets such an advantage with the refs that this type of complaining is part of the reason why I can't enjoy watching him.
    I don't care that he gets fouled sometimes and it goes uncalled. He takes three steps without dribbling far too often without whistles I don't see how anyone could complain about others not playing the game within the rules.

  31. #21
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,053

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FWIW, I think LeBron does get fouled a lot. Kind of like Shaq did a lot.

    I think he gets beat up a hell of a lot where fouls are not called.

    That said, I also think he is a whiny *****. STFU and play teh game.

    You lost ONE game in almost 2 months and the first thing you do is whine and moan? Come on, man!
    Not to mention with the game on the line, under two minutes left, Boozer get's a rebound and put's it back for a bucket. Lebron absolutely crushes him for no call. Lebron then scores on the other end, is fouled and get's the bucket. But before he got fouled, he pushed off with his right hand on the drive, which wasn't called. Either of those are called and the game was out of sight long before it finally ended.

    Best player in the game, get's away with just as much as any player in the game. I think being on the same team with D.(ouche) Wade has made him much, much worse. Wade complains and pouts and whinges after every single call.
    Danger Zone

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  33. #22
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,832
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kester99 For This Useful Post:


  35. #23
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,313
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    Lol so what about how he never gets called for fouls? He went what like 8 games with no fouls called on him? Lmao.

  36. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It drives me nuts when Lebron complains about calls. He gets such an advantage with the refs that this type of complaining is part of the reason why I can't enjoy watching him.
    Him and CP3 are up there in my list of super stars that I can't stand to watch because of their constant crying.

  37. #25
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,233

    Default Re: Can we play the Heat again? Because Lebron's upset over Chicago fouling him too hard (link)

    Chicago was beating the crap out of Lebron. It was a fun thing to watch! LOL

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 02:00 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 06:40 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 04:40 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 02:10 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •