Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 133

Thread: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

  1. #76
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly man, it's fine.

    Everyone is frustrated about this game, and some recent tough losses at times.

    boombaby1987 just happens to be very outspoken about calling me out for trying to defend my team when I feel that they have been shafted out of a chance to win or tie a game at the buzzer.

    First it was the Denver game... Then the Raptors game, which we should have won in regulation (I have never been so sure of anything in my life), now this.

    Frankly it just annoys me that I can't defend my own team against the horrible officiating without being made out to be a pariah.

    We're on the same team, boys.
    You can defend yourself, I can defend myself. Generally, when the mass majority of people disagree with you, you should take it as a sign that maybe your opinion is flawed.
    @qandrews9428

  2. #77
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,082

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Find me another situation in which they call it a foul on the inbounds. Once again, one situation doesn't set a precedent.
    Oh, I see.

    So unless I can come up with... What? 5? 10? 50 maybe examples, it's irrelevant?

    Please. That's such a weak argument.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  3. #78
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, I see.

    So unless I can come up with... What? 5? 10? 50 maybe examples, it's irrelevant?

    Please. That's such a weak argument.
    No, not 5, 10, or 50. Just one.
    @qandrews9428

  4. #79
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,082

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can defend yourself, I can defend myself. Generally, when the mass majority of people disagree with you, you should take it as a sign that maybe your opinion is flawed.

    That's just the problem. You aren't defending yourself.

    You are actively arguing with people who are asserting that maybe there was MORE to the loss than simply bad play at the end of the game.

    I am in NO way saying that the Pacers didn't earn this loss. We played awfully down the stretch.

    But I can damn sure also say that we should have had an opportunity to get 2 free throws to tie at the end of the game to atone for those mistakes.

    I haven't even mentioned the laughable call on OJ's block of KG. Or any other calls made in this game.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  5. #80
    Hoosier for Life CreekShow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Muncie
    Age
    27
    Posts
    478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Find me another situation in which they call it a foul on the inbounds. Once again, one situation doesn't set a precedent.
    Cmon dont act like you don't understand where hes coming from. Being on the losing end on both sides of the EXACT same play doesn't leave a good taste in anyone's mouth. That being said I don't think either one shoulda been a foul
    I Bleed Blue

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to CreekShow For This Useful Post:


  7. #81
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,082

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, not 5, 10, or 50. Just one.
    Oh, you mean like the ONE we've been discussing for over a month now?

    At this point you're just trolling to get a reaction.

    It was a bad call in Denver, but we had to deal with it.

    We should have gotten the same benefit of the doubt tonight, and we didn't, and we lost as a result (mixed with other factors, obviously).
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  8. #82
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cmon dont act like you don't understand where hes coming from. Being on the losing end on both sides of the EXACT same play doesn't leave a good taste in anyone's mouth. That being said I don't think either one shoulda been a foul
    I agree. It sucks to have a loss stripped from you in Denver. I just don't feel another team should be penalized for what shouldn't be called a foul. If we were playing Denver, I would totally agree that they should have made the call.
    @qandrews9428

  9. #83

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Our bench is terrible. What has happened to Hansbrough, he just looks lost. Maybe it is time to give Pendy his minutes. Not adding some help at the deadline is going to come back to haunt them. Jacking up 27 threes when your shooting like we did tonight is crazy.

  10. #84
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,082

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cmon dont act like you don't understand where hes coming from. Being on the losing end on both sides of the EXACT same play doesn't leave a good taste in anyone's mouth. That being said I don't think either one shoulda been a foul
    Had we not gotten whistled for the call in Denver, I could stomach the no call tonight more easily.

    But, don't you guys think it's just a LITTLE bit of BS that we are on the wrong side of that call 100% of the times it comes to it?

    Thanks for standing up, CreekShow. I appreciate it.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  11. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,374

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    I don't think we've had a loss this season without someone crying about the refs. Honestly it's a real tired act...how about holding the team to some amount of accountability without always pegging it on the zebras?

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:


  13. #86
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had we not gotten whistled for the call in Denver, I could stomach the no call tonight more easily.

    But, don't you guys think it's just a LITTLE bit of BS that we are on the wrong side of that call 100% of the times it comes to it?

    Thanks for standing up, CreekShow. I appreciate it.
    I understand where you are coming from, I just disagree.
    @qandrews9428

  14. #87
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,281

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Wait, does one example set a precedent or not?

  15. #88
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,486

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    PG - 2-9 from the 3pt line. Terrible. Dude needs to attack the rim. Quit chucking 3's! I can't believe he doesn't take it inside for some midrange jumpers, he has the length where its almost impossible to challenge a mid-range jumper.
    Hibbert had 12pts in the 1st quarter. NO points after that. Terrible. Way to be a non-factor Roy. Ridiculous!

    That equals a loss almost every time.

    This team......how can you win so many close games last year, literally willing yourselfs to a win. What happened? You are supposed to be better, but you got so much worse in crunch time this year.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  17. #89
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,082

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand where you are coming from, I just disagree.

    You disagree that game ending situations should be called evenly?

    That's what you are inferring, so I just want to double check.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  18. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think we've had a loss this season without someone crying about the refs. Honestly it's a real tired act...how about holding the team to some amount of accountability without always pegging it on the zebras?
    That would never happen, some people would rather blame the refs than face the reality that their team is not the new bad boys Pistons.

  19. #91
    Hoosier for Life CreekShow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Muncie
    Age
    27
    Posts
    478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Find me another situation in which they call it a foul on the inbounds. Once again, one situation doesn't set a precedent.
    Cmon dont act like you don't understand where hes coming from. Being on the losing end on both sides of the EXACT same play doesn't leave a good taste in anyone's mouth. That being said I don't think either one shoulda been a foul
    I Bleed Blue

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to CreekShow For This Useful Post:


  21. #92
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You disagree that game ending situations should be called evenly?

    That's what you are inferring, so I just want to double check.
    We got screwed in Denver. That should not have been called a foul. However, just because we got a bad call against us, does not mean the Celtics should be called for the same BS that cost us a game. 10th time I have said this. What do you disagree with in this statement?
    @qandrews9428

  22. #93
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,082

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think we've had a loss this season without someone crying about the refs. Honestly it's a real tired act...how about holding the team to some amount of accountability without always pegging it on the zebras?

    When we lose a game in which an either blatant or questionable CALL or NO-CALL is directly tied to us losing, then I won't post about the refs.

    Also, I take exception to being told that I am "crying about the refs"

    That's really not a fair accusation.

    I came here and said, hey, it's kind of BS that we didn't get the benefit of the call on a last second inbounds foul when that EXACT foul has been called against us this year.

    Chris and Quinn said it mere seconds after the play occurred. Where is the outrage?!
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  23. #94
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cmon dont act like you don't understand where hes coming from. Being on the losing end on both sides of the EXACT same play doesn't leave a good taste in anyone's mouth. That being said I don't think either one shoulda been a foul
    I 100% agree. That is what I have been saying this whole thread.
    @qandrews9428

  24. #95
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,082

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We got screwed in Denver. That should not have been called a foul. However, just because we got a bad call against us, does not mean the Celtics should be called for the same BS that cost us a game. 10th time I have said this. What do you disagree with in this statement?
    I disagree because Pierce DID create contact with PG as he was jumping to attempt a tip in.

    I'm not asking for the call SOLELY because we got screwed in Denver.

    I am asking for the call because Pierce fouled PG when he took 3 backward steps into him, creating contact, as PG was going for the ball.

    You know... A FOUL.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  25. #96
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree because Pierce DID create contact with PG as he was jumping to attempt a tip in.

    I'm not asking for the call SOLELY because we got screwed in Denver.

    I am asking for the call because Pierce fouled PG when he took 3 backward steps into him, creating contact, as PG was going for the ball.

    You know... A FOUL.
    Ok, so you thought it was a foul, I thought it was a play that should not decide a game. So we agree the Denver play should have absolutely nothing to do with tonight then?
    @qandrews9428

  26. #97
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,576
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    One fact that sums up the game. 6-27 from 3ville. Started out 3-22 while being comfortably in the lead most of the way. Died by the 3.

    Should have won by 10, but Boston let us have the outside and we didn't have the ball / player movement to make them budge defensively.

    Great win for the green guys. They executed their game plan defensively, and it was just enough.

  27. #98
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,082

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, so you thought it was a foul, I thought it was a play that should not decide a game. So we agree the Denver play should have absolutely nothing to do with tonight then?
    I've got to be honest with you, my friend.

    I have no idea why I am still defending myself about this.

    Not really sure how to respond to someone saying that the last play of a 2 point game should NOT decide a game.

    It truly baffles me.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  28. #99
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've got to be honest with you, my friend.

    I have no idea why I am still defending myself about this.

    Not really sure how to respond to someone saying that the last play of a 2 point game should NOT decide a game.

    It truly baffles me.
    Ok, I will start a poll.
    @qandrews9428

  29. #100
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,082

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, I will start a poll.
    Feel free.

    It won't change my opinion. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 1/4/13
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 04:08 AM
  2. Pacers/Celtics postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 04:07 PM
  3. Pacers/Celtics postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 04:13 PM
  4. Pacers/Celtics postgame thread
    By PacersFan1991 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 11:01 PM
  5. Pacers vs Celtics postgame thread
    By Moses in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •