Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 133

Thread: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

  1. #51
    High Flyers ThA HoyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasco, wa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,562

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Are they still shooting 3-pointers??? Ugh!

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,514

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the end, this game wont matter. Still tough to swallow though.
    All games matter when it comes to a razor thin lead over the Knicks and just a few games lead ahead of the 4th and 5th seeded Teams.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  4. #53
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,778

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Really disappointing loss. Horrible execution down the stretch. Also had no idea we had so many Celtic fans in Indiana.

    I'm not confident about facing them in the playoffs if it comes down to it.

  5. #54
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,449

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Must be nice to be able to rely on your bench.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  7. #55
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,441

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    So here's a quick factoid for all of those this team is clearly better this year than last year folks

    38-23 right now

    Last year's team went 42-24

    This year's squad needs to rip off a 4-1 run just to equal last year's squad in pace. So yes, we could still use a healthy Danny Granger. Just don't know if he will ever get there.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #56
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,238

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TMJ, I really don't think anyone else is really pleading for that call except you.
    So clearly that means I am wrong and need to be called out every single time, I suppose?

    I promise you I wasn't the only one thinking that watching the end of the game. I saw it on Twitter as well.

    Not to mention the fact that plenty of fans were probably too disgusted (rightfully so) by the final 4 minutes, that they didn't have the desire to question the final no-call.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  9. #57
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,191

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So clearly that means I am wrong and need to be called out every single time, I suppose?

    I promise you I wasn't the only one thinking that watching the end of the game. I saw it on Twitter as well.

    Not to mention the fact that plenty of fans were probably too disgusted (rightfully so) by the final 4 minutes, that they didn't have the desire to question the final no-call.

    Criticize me too. I don't mind. I just disagree with a lot of your opinions. Thats what this forum is for. It is just hypocritical to say that the last play was a foul on Pierce, but the play in Denver wasn't.
    @qandrews9428

  10. #58

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So clearly that means I am wrong and need to be called out every single time, I suppose?

    I promise you I wasn't the only one thinking that watching the end of the game. I saw it on Twitter as well.

    Not to mention the fact that plenty of fans were probably too disgusted (rightfully so) by the final 4 minutes, that they didn't have the desire to question the final no-call.
    Not to jump all over you, but all those fans are wrong too. It wasn't a foul.

  11. #59
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,514

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Games like this show that the Pacers are still not ready for primetime. They can't drop games like this and be the #2 seed.
    Playoff hardened Teams like the Celtics ( and basically any Team that we will face in the 2nd round ) will beat the Pacers by taking advantage of those mistakes.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  12. #60
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    My favorite bball teams have given me a rough past couple of nights. Ugh.

  13. #61

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    The Pacers offense is very predictable and just plain bad in the half court. Point guard gets into the play way to late. No ball movement, no player movement. We are not the smartest team in the league. I can't believe Buckner actually said that PP was smiling because he knew the Celtics had no business being in the game with the Pacers at home. Are you kidding me, he knew they had us right where they wanted.

  14. #62
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,421

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Wow...one loss and suddenly there's doubt about the Pacers' playoff hopes? Give me a break....I'm going to play the Miami Heat card. It's a regular season game. Who cares?

  15. #63
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,446
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Don't get me wrong, the starters were HORRIBLE down the stretch, but I think the majority of this loss falls on the bench.

    You can blame Frank for subbing the starters in before they were ready in the 4th and us losing it at the end, but if Frank went too much longer with the bench the starters would have came in to a 10 point deficit.

    We really miss a guy like Leandro Barbosa.

    Why we even look to throw the ball to Hansbrough with his back to the basket is a mystery to me.

    I understand Ben can't handle the ball, but with Augustin playing the way he is I wrestle which guy is the lesser of two evils.

    Gerald Green is completely worthless to be so bad to not get time on this bench.

    Ian hasn't played well in about a month. Again, he might be a minor upgrade over Lou, but not a major one. At least Lou provided a spark and energy plays. Ian does neither.

    And as bad as the starters played they were all in double figures. This awful bench has to contribute on some level and it isn't happening.

  16. #64
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,281

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TMJ, I really don't think anyone else is really pleading for that call except you.
    Good grief, there's a difference between "pleading for the call" and being frustrated that the same situation has gone against us twice.

    Everyone is a bit frustrated, I know that much.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Train For This Useful Post:


  18. #65
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,238

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Criticize me too. I don't mind. I just disagree with a lot of your opinions. Thats what this forum is for. It is just hypocritical to say that the last play was a foul on Pierce, but the play in Denver wasn't.

    I am not trying to be hypocritical.

    I am asking for late game plays to be called fairly and evenly.

    The Denver game, there WAS a foul called. I disagree with it, but it WAS called.

    It should be called here too. How am I being hypocritical? For asking for the same chance Denver got?
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  19. #66
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,238

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to jump all over you, but all those fans are wrong too. It wasn't a foul.

    Here is what I saw:

    PG had inside position near the basket.

    PP was fronting him going for a deflection.

    The ball was inbounded, PG attempted to jump to get the ball and convert a tip, PP (who had pretty good box-out positioning) then proceeded to lower his center of gravity and take at LEAST 2-3 steps backwards directly INTO PG, creating contact on an airborne offensive player who was attempting at that very moment to make a play on the ball.

    Explain again how it's NOT a foul?
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  20. #67
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,191

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not trying to be hypocritical.

    I am asking for late game plays to be called fairly and evenly.

    The Denver game, there WAS a foul called. I disagree with it, but it WAS called.

    It should be called here too. How am I being hypocritical? For asking for the same chance Denver got?

    So the Celtics should be penalized for a game they had no control over?
    @qandrews9428

  21. #68

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So here's a quick factoid for all of those this team is clearly better this year than last year folks

    38-23 right now

    Last year's team went 42-24

    This year's squad needs to rip off a 4-1 run just to equal last year's squad in pace. So yes, we could still use a healthy Danny Granger. Just don't know if he will ever get there.
    Terrible (self inflicted)ending to the game, but this year's team would beat last year's 7 times out of 10.

  22. #69
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,446
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    To illustrate my point, collectively here are the stats for the bench:

    5-17 from the field/1-8 from 3/-8 overall in (plus/minus) in 51 combined minutes/3 turnovers, 1 assist

    A second round draft pick rookie is our bench performer. Great for him, but it illustrates how awful the rest of these guys are on a regular basis.

  23. #70
    Hoosier for Life CreekShow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Muncie
    Age
    27
    Posts
    478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    David West needs to learn to give up the rock if its not falling. That and how the hell did the Pacers get burnt on the same play like 4 times? That play worked and was WIDE OPEN every damn time.
    I Bleed Blue

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to CreekShow For This Useful Post:


  25. #71
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,446
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the Celtics should be penalized for a game they had no control over?
    Dang, you are hounding this guy man! Let it be and agree to disagree.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  27. #72
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,238

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the Celtics should be penalized for a game they had no control over?
    Are you being serious right now?

    This has NOTHING to do with Denver.

    It has EVERYTHING to do with making consistent calls at the end of games.

    So, in your bizarre way of putting it, YES. The Celtics should have been "penalized", because they committed a foul.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  29. #73
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Idk about that last call but there was definitely ALOT of questionable calls go the Celtics way. Just typical ******** NBA superstar calls. The refs wanted the celtics to get back into it. It was pretty bad in person. Worse than usual. But we just collapsed offensively and defensively in the end. Terrible way to lose. We dominated the whole game and then play like that at the end....ugh.

  30. #74
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,191

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you being serious right now?

    This has NOTHING to do with Denver.

    It has EVERYTHING to do with making consistent calls at the end of games.

    So, in your bizarre way of putting it, YES. The Celtics should have been "penalized", because they committed a foul.

    Find me another situation in which they call it a foul on the inbounds. Once again, one situation doesn't set a precedent.
    @qandrews9428

  31. #75
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,238

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 3/6/13

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dang, you are hounding this guy man! Let it be and agree to disagree.
    Honestly man, it's fine.

    Everyone is frustrated about this game, and some recent tough losses at times.

    boombaby1987 just happens to be very outspoken about calling me out for trying to defend my team when I feel that they have been shafted out of a chance to win or tie a game at the buzzer.

    First it was the Denver game... Then the Raptors game, which we should have won in regulation (I have never been so sure of anything in my life), now this.

    Frankly it just annoys me that I can't defend my own team against the horrible officiating without being made out to be a pariah.

    We're on the same team, boys.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 1/4/13
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 04:08 AM
  2. Pacers/Celtics postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 04:07 PM
  3. Pacers/Celtics postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 04:13 PM
  4. Pacers/Celtics postgame thread
    By PacersFan1991 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 11:01 PM
  5. Pacers vs Celtics postgame thread
    By Moses in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •