Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami uses the "C" word

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Miami uses the "C" word

Watching ESPN this morning, it appears the Heat's pre-emptive strategy for today's game is to characterize the Pacers as "chippy". They want to plant the seed that the Pacers are going to play rough and (are you listening refs?) should be kept in check.

As part of ESPN's coverage of today's game, they went back to last year's playoff series and showed where these "chippy" Pacers "started it" with Tyler's hard foul on poor Wade. Once again, Wade's body slam of Collision, the true starting point of the chippy-ness, wasn't mentioned. No, let's just go with the narrative that the Pacers started the dirty play and the poor Heat had to retaliate.

As always, the Heat whine and the media plays along.
    Last edited by A-Train; 03-10-2013 at 10:14 AM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to A-Train For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Miami uses the "C" word

Nothing new. They've said this many times before
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

LeBron's eyes show fear. If truly challenged, he will choke. I hope to see those eyes again today.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

The best part about beating Miami is reading their forums and people saying we got away with murder and LeWade did everything in their power to beat our scrub team. I hope later tonight to have a solid day's worth of reading material. BEAT THE HEAT!
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LeBron's eyes show fear. If truly challenged, he will choke. I hope to see those eyes again today.
    Yeah got to love the way the guy folded down 2-1 to us, and then again down 3-2 in Boston. Total chokejob.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Lol, they always do this type of stuff.

I thought it was funny that LeBron doesn't consider us a rivalry or whatever because we only played them in one playoff series. He said Chicago and Boston fit the description better. Yet, they've only had one playoff series against the Bulls.
    Last edited by PGisthefuture; 03-10-2013 at 10:55 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    Yeah got to love the way the guy folded down 2-1 to us, and then again down 3-2 in Boston. Total chokejob.
    Wade bailed him out. As much as I despise DWade, he's an incredible player who has guts. LeBron gets the credit, but the real man is Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    Lol, they always do this type of stuff.

I thought it was funny that LeBron doesn't consider us a rivalry or whatever because we only played them in one playoff series. He said Chicago and Boston fit the description better. Yet, they've only had one playoff series against the Bulls.
    If our roster was in Chicago, we would be their rival. This is big market talk.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Wade bailed him out. As much as I despise DWade, he's an incredible player who has guts. LeBron gets the credit, but the real man is Wade.
    Thank you Skip Bayless.

And as far as choking, well here you go. The defense rests.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...206070BOS.html

Mood

I know a monosyllablic "C" word that describes Miami.....

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Lebron's game 6 performance against Boston with his back against the wall is one of the greatest playoff performances I've ever seen.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    I know a monosyllablic "C" word that describes Miami.....
    My thoughts exactly.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Does Frank pull out the "f" word now or does he save until the playoffs?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Lebron's game 6 performance against Boston with his back against the wall is one of the greatest playoff performances I've ever seen.
    Don't you recall the first game of the Boston series where LeBron was basically laughing because he knew the Celtics would not put up as much fight as the Pacers? The fact Boston and Miami had a long series did not mean it was ever in question. That performance was not made under the same duress where LeBron had doubts. That is the key. When LeBron James has any doubts, he has issues. That is not true for players like Reggie Miller, Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan...and it's not true for Dwayne Wade either...although Wade does get chippy. So, while I agree LeBron is one of the greatest of all time, he is not like the other champions in terms of being completely fearless. LeBron's greatest weakness is that he can get rattled. Just look at his face. You can see right through him.

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Thank you Skip Bayless.

And as far as choking, well here you go. The defense rests.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...206070BOS.html
    I do not watch ESPN and didn't even know Skip Bayless was right.

I love how the Pacers are supposedly the instigators in all of this but every single game the Heat have 386 million quotes disrespecting us

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your insane ramblings did you manage to make a point. We are all dumber for listening to this. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your insane ramblings did you manage to make a point. We are all dumber for listening to this. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.
    Thanks for your post. I appreciate the feedback. Glad to have people like you posting this good stuff.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Thanks for your post. I appreciate the feedback. Glad to have people like you posting this good stuff.
    No problem man. I am reaLly happy you caught my tiered Approach to your opinion...you do realize that is a billy Madison quote right?

Don't you recall the first game of the Boston series where LeBron was basically laughing because he knew the Celtics would not put up as much fight as the Pacers? The fact Boston and Miami had a long series did not mean it was ever in question. That performance was not made under the same duress where LeBron had doubts. That is the key. When LeBron James has any doubts, he has issues. That is not true for players like Reggie Miller, Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan...and it's not true for Dwayne Wade either...although Wade does get chippy. So, while I agree LeBron is one of the greatest of all time, he is not like the other champions in terms of being completely fearless. LeBron's greatest weakness is that he can get rattled. Just look at his face. You can see right through him.
    No I remember him saying the celtics were their biggest challenge up until then before the series even started. I Don't know how anyone can take "laughing" as = celtics related or a guys face = can be rattled. LeBron was the best player against us and just because wade stepped up to play to his standards (should known it would happen without bosh) does not mean lebron got bailed out. LeBron was by far the better players in the entire playoffs and it's not close. By your logic lebron should of been rattled every series he faced against the pacers, celtics, and okc since he was down but instead the game right after each one of those he had his best scoring game right after for each series. Of course most of your post stinks bias and non factual.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to HibbyGo For This Useful Post:

Boston put up much more of a fight than the Pacers. 3-2 is better than 2-1. Once Miami woke up in the third quarter of game 3 against us, they rattled off three straight victories and disposed of us with ease. Boston OTOH had the opportunity to eliminate Miami twice. I guarantee you Lebron was nervous after Boston won game 5 in Miami and had the opportunity to finish them in game 6 in Boston. Lebron's most haunting memories in Cleveland game at the hands of the Celtics: 2008 and 2010. The reason he came out with such fire in game 6 is because he knew that if Boston smelled blood, they'd finish the Heat off. Game 7 in Miami was very very close. Miami didn't want that series to go to 7. That game 7 was tied going into the fourth quarter before Miami finally pulled away. Miami wasn't toying around with the Celtics. No, the Celtics played them very very very tough and could have won that series. I just don't buy that Miami was toying with them and allowed it to be tied going into the fourth quarter of game 7 where anything can happen. That's pretty risky business. If Boston had Avery Bradley and Jeff Green like this year, then they just might win that game.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm just glad we are the ones who get to end the streak

36. The Following User Says Thank You to GeniusJMG For This Useful Post:

Is this seriously a joke? I can't honestly believe somebody who actually watches basketball would believe this. Your bias against Lebron is seriously hindering your ability to make a reasonable analysis.

Where were you in 2011 when Lebron dominated the Bulls in the 4th Quarter while Wade took the entire series off? Where were you when Lebron on the road in Boston in an elimination game dropped 45/15/5 in basically THREE Quarters?

Seriously? At this point even Wade admits that Lebron is the leader of the team and the best player in the planet.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Boston put up much more of a fight than the Pacers. 3-2 is better than 2-1. Once Miami woke up in the third quarter of game 3 against us, they rattled off three straight victories and disposed of us with ease. Boston OTOH had the opportunity to eliminate Miami twice. I guarantee you Lebron was nervous after Boston won game 5 in Miami and had the opportunity to finish them in game 6 in Boston. Lebron's most haunting memories in Cleveland game at the hands of the Celtics: 2008 and 2010. The reason he came out with such fire in game 6 is because he knew that if Boston smelled blood, they'd finish the Heat off. Game 7 in Miami was very very close. Miami didn't want that series to go to 7. That game 7 was tied going into the fourth quarter before Miami finally pulled away. Miami wasn't toying around with the Celtics. No, the Celtics played them very very very tough and could have won that series. I just don't buy that Miami was toying with them and allowed it to be tied going into the fourth quarter of game 7 where anything can happen. That's pretty risky business. If Boston had Avery Bradley and Jeff Green like this year, then they just might win that game.
    Miami took a break in that series and handed the middle 3 games to Boston. Then wrapped up the final two games...game 6 by nearly 20 points and game 7 for 13. No, I don't believe the requisite fear was placed in LeBron James' heart for him to choke. He knew all along they would win.

Edit: Look, LeBron is one of the greatest of all time. But he's not wearing the cape on that team. I actually like LeBron more that DWade, so there is no bias. There's a difference between having all the talent in the world and all the physical gifts vs having the mental game down. Wade has him beat there. If anything, that is LeBron's weakness and maybe the only one. He is so very fortunate to have a guy like Wade to ride with...when the going really gets tough.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 03-10-2013 at 03:14 PM.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

it appears the Pacers pre-emptive strategy for this series is to characterize the Heat as "floppers". They want to plant the seed that the Heat are going to exaggerate contact and (are you listening refs?) should be kept in check.

see what I did there? Frank was right then, and Miami's right now. If anyone gets upset about this or whatever they're probably a hypocrite.