Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Party Thread 2.....

Default Pacers Party Thread 2.....

For some reason I can't post in Seth's thread, so I'll start a new one.

Didn't take many pictures, as I was leading my 8 year old around to all of the different activities. Here are a few.....

Mark, Chris and Brooke intro all of the players and coaches and do a Q&A.....

David West, Paul George and George Hill getting ready to race remote control cars. The one time I did it I finished 3rd, with PG winning. He'd been playing for a while already. Could've taken him with a bit more practice time.

The Harlem Shake......

Lance working the mic.....

More dancing. Not sure, but I think MJB is giving them raspberries....

Crazy legs Sam Young.....

Pulp shaking it, with GHill and Lance commentating and PG cracking up.....

Fun night. My son had his basketball signed by Danny, Paul, George, Lance, Gerald, DJ, Jeff, Sam and Orlando and got his picture taken with a few players.

He played pop-a-shot with Ben Hansbrough. As we were waiting in line Ben was swatting some little kid's shots.
    Brian Shaw walked up and said, "I do not believe what I'm seeing!"
    "Gotta get my W's, coach."

The kid right in front of us was talking a little trash before he got up there. As Ben widened his lead he started yelling "Separation! Separation! Separation!" Pretty funny.
    Last edited by MagicRat; 03-05-2013 at 11:02 AM.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers Party Thread 2.....

What photo host do you use Rat? Bucket has throttled down pix sizes for remote linking.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I guess having two half season packages isn't enough to get you invited to this soiree. Hmmm...

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In one light it is the FULL season ticket holder party. On the other hand 2 halves makes a whole........

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In one light it is the FULL season ticket holder party. On the other hand 2 halves makes a whole........
    I have 2 halves so that I can use some for business and make sure I can personally attend pretty much any game I want. Technically I pay for one more game than someone with a full package pays for as both packages contain tickets to 21 games. (I have a Blue pkg and a gold pkg)

The same thing goes toward different package levels too. I could go up to a Full if I went back down in price. I suppose the value to the Pacers is based on which package is harder to sell, but in terms of raw revenue they make more on me now than if I had a Full in row 1 of the balcony, and they can still sell that row 1 package plus the other half of my seat.

Or I could buy just 1 seat for a full season.

I get that the line has to get drawn someplace, but having a "courtside" level half sure does seem to have a lot less perks than a full season even in the upper level. Seat upgrades, invites to stuff like this, etc.

OTOH, I did get to go to the Lucas draft party last year which was an awesome perk, so maybe I'll shut up now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Also Peck clearly broke the original thread with his video post attempt.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Interesting. My grandparents have had season tickets since since the beginning of time (when MSA opened) but I have never heard of them getting invited to this. If you're a STH do they send you an invite in the mail, call you, or what? Maybe my grandparents just aren't asking to be invited? How does it work?

I have a full season ticket package but because i got in with the buy a full season ticket get one free i am omitted by all the perks, even the 20% in the gift shop...

Is Lance rapping? If so, I would love to hear some audio
    David "And One" West

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Interesting. My grandparents have had season tickets since since the beginning of time (when MSA opened) but I have never heard of them getting invited to this. If you're a STH do they send you an invite in the mail, call you, or what? Maybe my grandparents just aren't asking to be invited? How does it work?
    I'd be very mad at your Grandparents ticket rep, if they've never even know about this event before. I've had pretty good reps over the years, but you don't get much personal service anymore. Most things are communicated via email.

They sent an email about the Party this season about 2 weeks in advance, you had to go to your online account and RSVP. Then an email that said your tickets were in your Pacer online account ready to print didn't come till the night before. They are always very last minute on everything.

The last few years all Pacer related stuff has been by email, which I think sucks. Has to make it hard for older people. I'm all for the electronic age but I still prefer the way they use to do things, with letters and real tickets that come in the mail. We even use to get a real paper Pacers News Letter and a Pacers Media Guide every season. They use to have more than one season ticket holder event too, they have done less and less over the years. Some of it is understandable with current financial situations.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    I'd be very mad at your Grandparents ticket rep, if they've never even know about this event before. I've had pretty good reps over the years, but you don't get much personal service anymore. Most things are communicated via email.

They sent an email about the Party this season about 2 weeks in advance, you had to go to your online account and RSVP. Then an email that said your tickets were in your Pacer online account ready to print didn't come till the night before. They are always very last minute on everything.

The last few years all Pacer related stuff has been by email, which I think sucks. Has to make it hard for older people. I'm all for the electronic age but I still prefer the way they use to do things, with letters and real tickets that come in the mail. We even use to get a real paper Pacers News Letter and a Pacers Media Guide every season. They use to have more than one season ticket holder event too, they have done less and less over the years. Some of it is understandable with current financial situations.
    About once a month my SPAM filter decides pacers emails are spam and suddenly I stop getting everything. I have to go in and reset it pretty constantly.

Because of that, though, we never saw the email about the STH party. It wouldn't have mattered, since I'm out of town on business and my wife has a class on Monday nights, but it still would have been nice to see it.

It seems like we aren't even getting the regular "here's what is going on" email from the rep any more - though who knows, that may have been swallowed, too.

I would think a phone call every few weeks wouldn't be too much to ask.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Do you have a white list for your spam filter?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    Do you have a white list for your spam filter?
    It's supposed to add senders to the white list when I tell it to, but that seems to not be working. I just added it manually, we'll see if it falls off.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    About once a month my SPAM filter decides pacers emails are spam and suddenly I stop getting everything. I have to go in and reset it pretty constantly.

Because of that, though, we never saw the email about the STH party. It wouldn't have mattered, since I'm out of town on business and my wife has a class on Monday nights, but it still would have been nice to see it.

It seems like we aren't even getting the regular "here's what is going on" email from the rep any more - though who knows, that may have been swallowed, too.

I would think a phone call every few weeks wouldn't be too much to ask.
    I get Pacers emails all the time and I didn't think I ever missed one til.... the last draft party a few years ago I didn't get an email about it.

I got one email saying I'd be getting a email later about the draft party, the second one never came. But, me knowing how they are late on everything I didn't worry about. Ended up having to call last minute to get a ticket, after some raised voice and cursing. I even had a paper in my hand that garanteed the draft party for renewing my tickets.

I was seriously pissed, they pretty much said I had just failed to reply, but it flat out never came. Like I just ignored the only email I was waiting on on purpose and waited to the last minute just to make it harder on myself for something I really wanted to go to.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    I was seriously pissed, they pretty much said I had just failed to reply, but it flat out never came. Like I just ignored the only email I was waiting on on purpose and waited to the last minute just to make it harder on myself for something I really wanted to go to.
    Companies that rely on email for communications need to realize that email is a completely non-robust method of communications - emails can get lost in the middle of the internet and there is no protocol for redundancy or notification of loss. If someone says they didn't get the email, you should probably assume they are telling the truth.
    BillS

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

haha, check out the dancing and summary of the party:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/2013-...-holders-party

Area55 and G2 didn't get invited to this did they?
    @qandrews9428

Wow some of this is very discouraging to hear, especially since everyone is so baffled by our low attendance numbers. It seems the Pacers' are really dropping the ball on some things. ONE days notice, NO calls from reps? Are these reps randomly assigned or do you keep the same rep from year to year? Can you request a different rep? I have so many questions, I am just stunned.

Mood

Its 25% for us half seasoners.
    Last edited by BoomBaby33; 03-05-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Area55 and G2 didn't get invited to this did they?
    Nope. Have to be a full price paying season ticket holder to get invited to these soirees.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Companies that rely on email for communications need to realize that email is a completely non-robust method of communications - emails can get lost in the middle of the internet and there is no protocol for redundancy or notification of loss. If someone says they didn't get the email, you should probably assume they are telling the truth.
    Agreed. Working in IT we try to tell all of our users that they should treat email like instant messaging. If you absolutely have to get a hold of someone call them.

Sports Logo

Those are mighty fine Pacers cardigans that they are rockin'.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    What photo host do you use Rat? Bucket has throttled down pix sizes for remote linking.
    These are hosted on comcast.

As far as the complaints about lack of communication/service level etc., I would've missed it if I hadn't seen something from a season ticket holder on twitter. Wasn't pleased.
    Last edited by MagicRat; 03-06-2013 at 02:01 AM.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Nope. Have to be a full price paying season ticket holder to get invited to these soirees.
    Like I said they could do a better job widening attendance to these sort of things. Seth and a couple others know where my seats are. Club level (2 tix) and courtside (4 tix) a half for each. Don't think it would be asking too much with that sort of investment to get invited to these sort of things even if I don't meet the hard line criteria of a full season ticket holder. Especially because we have had tickets for close to a decade now. And there doesn't seem to be consistency, like last year I was invited to a private draft party, but now I am not invited to this? I guess that is what I get for peeing on the shrubbery