Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2k13 league take 2 (XBOX 360)

Default Re: NBA 2k13 league take 2 (XBOX 360)

I am not happy right now.

Why the hell did I just have to wait 24 ****ing hours for a trade to go through that had already been accepted, only to then get up today and see that it never actually happened at all? That is ******* frustrating.

I had all day yesterday to play, but I was waiting for the trade. That sucked, but I thought at least today I would have my new roster. BS.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Is this a multi season type thing? I've just gotten back into playing, not sure if I'm ready to open myself up to embarassment quite yet. But my addiction level is creeping up. If there's a way to join a little bit later, like when a new season starts or you guys just start a new league, I'm interested.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You can join mid-season right now if you want. And yes, it's a multi season thing.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Why the hell did I just have to wait 24 ****ing hours for a trade to go through that had already been accepted, only to then get up today and see that it never actually happened at all? That is ******* frustrating.

I had all day yesterday to play, but I was waiting for the trade. That sucked, but I thought at least today I would have my new roster. BS.
    Guessing it got vetoed. Steph curry is a 2K god and gallinari, Felton and a 1st rounder would get turned down quickly by any human player.

That said, I elected to let it go. While you undoubtedly won that deal, the stats on both sides were even enough, and the 1st round pick when you were a coin flip just to make the playoffs made sense to me. I thought it was just fair enough to be legal.
    Last edited by Kstat; 03-13-2013 at 11:49 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Was it a trade u proposed or found using the trade finder?? Just curious that way we know why it didnt go through....

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Is this a multi season type thing? I've just gotten back into playing, not sure if I'm ready to open myself up to embarassment quite yet. But my addiction level is creeping up. If there's a way to join a little bit later, like when a new season starts or you guys just start a new league, I'm interested.
    Join up!! I'm still trying to figure my team out and it's embarrassing at times but its a multi season so can only get better I hope at least lol

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    Was it a trade u proposed or found using the trade finder?? Just curious that way we know why it didnt go through....
    Trade finder.

So am I also learning that I'm not allowed to make trades that make me better immediately at the expense of my future; I'm only allowed to make trades that are current and lateral? I know at least one person let it go through but that doesn't mean most would, apparently. God forbid I try to win now.

Trade finder.
    I would think that wouldn't have to even be voted on... And I don't think I have control over that

So am I also learning that I'm not allowed to make trades that make me better immediately at the expense of my future; I'm only allowed to make trades that are current and lateral? I know at least one person let it go through but that doesn't mean most would, apparently. God forbid I try to win now.
    I've found that trading seems nearly impossible... An have given up lol hopefully free agency helps...

I would think that wouldn't have to even be voted on... And I don't think I have control over that
    I found the deal that way, then I proposed it officially to the Heat. It then showed up on the home screen like any other trade does. It said it had been accepted but that it was awaiting vetting, and it said it would take X hours until that was complete. That's where things stood as of yesterday late morning, and I did the math and knew that the vetting period wouldn't be over until around 8AM today.

I was last online yesterday at around 12:30AM or so, and the trade was still there with the countdown down to about 7-8 hours and that it was waiting to be vetted.

I get online this morning, and it's gone as if it never happened at all. I know the deal was legal, I know the CPU team accepted the deal, and I know that for at least 16 hours nobody vetoed it. Then this morning it's just gone. Really damned frustrating.

I've got a roster with no top talent that I don't really like, and I'm trying to do what I can to get better now so I can compete more than a little bit. I thought this move would be a step in the right direction, and I waited a relatively long amount of time to see it through, only to get nothing and be back to square one.

I found the deal that way, then I proposed it officially to the Heat. It then showed up on the home screen like any other trade does. It said it had been accepted but that it was awaiting vetting, and it said it would take X hours until that was complete. That's where things stood as of yesterday late morning, and I did the math and knew that the vetting period wouldn't be over until around 8AM today.

I was last online yesterday at around 12:30AM or so, and the trade was still there with the countdown down to about 7-8 hours and that it was waiting to be vetted.

I get online this morning, and it's gone as if it never happened at all. I know the deal was legal, I know the CPU team accepted the deal, and I know that for at least 16 hours nobody vetoed it. Then this morning it's just gone. Really damned frustrating.

I've got a roster with no top talent that I don't really like, and I'm trying to do what I can to get better now so I can compete more than a little bit. I thought this move would be a step in the right direction, and I waited a relatively long amount of time to see it through, only to get nothing and be back to square one. *grr*
    Would advancing the day make it go through?? I'm just thinking of a way where trades that get approved via the trade finder get approved quickly

While I'm sure this doesn't apply to you, I'm sure that a lot of these 1st round picks being offered like candy are from players that will quit the league once they have to pay the piper in season 2, so the picks essentially have no risk to them, while other players will be reluctant to take over a team with a mortgaged future.

Again, curry isn't exactly old, so mortgaging the future really had nothing to do with your deal, but if I had sole veto power, I'd be looking really hard at an deal where a human gives up a 1st rounder to the CPU.
    Last edited by Kstat; 03-13-2013 at 01:06 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Would advancing the day make it go through?? I'm just thinking of a way where trades that get approved via the trade finder get approved quickly
    I wish I knew.

I wish I knew.
    Hmm ill see how many days it actually advances in a 24hr period then see what type of solution or agreement we can all agree on

Mood

I'll be out of town for awhile so just sim my games if you have to. I should be back by Monday at the latest.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hmm ill see how many days it actually advances in a 24hr period then see what type of solution or agreement we can all agree on
    I believe it advances 4 days in the game a day. So maybe I can advance it a week later to see if anything happens

Quote Originally Posted by McDunken View Post
    I believe it advances 4 days in the game a day. So maybe I can advance it a week later to see if anything happens
    Seems like a long time to process trades... Ill do some searching tonight and see what I can find out about the length it takes

Hoya, our game is showing up for me as simmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    Hoya, our game is showing up for me as simmed.
    Must have advanced ill reset it tonight, I may be on tonight so we can knock this game out

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I'll be out of town for awhile so just sim my games if you have to. I should be back by Monday at the latest.
    did you play all of your CPU games? If so the human vs human I can reset for u

To the people that vetoed mcdunkin's deal: you do realize its the CPU getting joe Johnson, right? It's a salary dump on mcdunkin's part.

I wish there was more nuance to vetoes. At least require X% of the league to veto before it actually gets vetoed, or otherwise just leave it up to the commissioner.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    To the people that vetoed mcdunkin's deal: you do realize its the CPU getting joe Johnson, right? It's a salary dump on mcdunkin's part.
    I vetoed it only because he asked me to do it...

Hey can you possibly veto my trade with the bucks? I accidentally put in the wrong players- McDunken

I just put through two more trades. This time, no draft picks are involved, and I think they are fair talent trades. I'm hoping they don't get vetoed or otherwise disappear. For that matter, is there anyway to speed this up so I don't have to wait until tomorrow?