Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1394

Thread: NBA 2k13 league take 2 (XBOX 360)

Default Re: NBA 2k13 league take 2 (XBOX 360)

Phoenix struggled to hit three-point shots against me, by the way. I feel like I played pretty decent defense, but he missed some open shots, too. I'm assuming the sliders have something to do with it.

Including my simmed games, I have a lot to go. But as I said I hope to make up some ground Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was this after I changed the settings
    Yes. I just finished the game about 20 minutes ago.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ill play whatever. If we want to do sim that's fine by me. I was routinely holding opponents in the %40-45 range under the defatult settings, so I imagine this will only improve things on my end.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

It dropped the success rate from 50 to 47 from default to sim, I noticed that I couldn't just come down and take 3's with young the way it was before because it had to be a good shot not just chucking shots, I'm good either way tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Phoenix struggled to hit three-point shots against me, by the way. I feel like I played pretty decent defense, but he missed some open shots, too. I'm assuming the sliders have something to do with it.
    He took 37 3's and also played his starters the whole game, that style of play is unrealistic and by setting it to sim will make it less "cheese" on that end IMO

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My first game with my complete post-trades roster was a success versus the Phoenix Suns. I'm no longer bad on either side of the ball. Nor am I dominant on either side now, but I'm good enough to compete.

Looks like my style is going to have to be spacing and then exploiting one on one matchups with Ty, Iggy, Evan, and ZBo. Either score or attack, then react to help D as needed. Hopefully it will be difficult to stop all of them.
    Glad I can help you with that... I haven't got to play a game with my new team yet, but hopefully will this weekend.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

He took 37 3's and also played his starters the whole game, that style of play is unrealistic and by setting it to sim will make it less "cheese" on that end IMO
    Lol this is good, but I made a bunch of trades to try to address the fact everyone was hitting tons of 3s and my team was not equipt for that, now they are and I took hits on defense, so we will see how this works out for me... PS, I am hoping to get atleast 3 lottery picks in this next draft... I need some stars if I am to compete in the future.

Also I have about 8 games left, but I will need a few resets...
    Why so SERIOUS

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Mood

Also thanks for the change of speed in the games, for me it is way better, and makes it easier to get out to teams that do a bunch of pull up 3's in transition, really had little chance to defend those before, atleast for me. Also the gameplay is more fun, but that is just my perspective.
    Why so SERIOUS

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Lol this is good, but I made a bunch of trades to try to address the fact everyone was hitting tons of 3s and my team was not equipt for that, now they are and I took hits on defense, so we will see how this works out for me... PS, I am hoping to get atleast 3 lottery picks in this next draft... I need some stars if I am to compete in the future.

Also I have about 8 games left, but I will need a few resets...
    You can still hit 3's but have to be good shots not the come down jack up a 3 and goes in, that a till happens but not as much. I noticed I had to run some sort of offense to get more quality shots. Also your starters can't play the whole game so when they are tired quicker then the shot % will go down accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Glad I can help you with that... I haven't got to play a game with my new team yet, but hopefully will this weekend.
    You really needed a point guard, and Rubio is a nice point guard. Everything blossomed with him last off season aside from his on-ball defense. But he's got a very high steal rating, he's a great passer, he can finish, he can shoot, he can really dribble the ball, he's got good size. Tough to give him up, but when two of your best players play the same position, something had to give, and I'm thrilled that I got to spread that talent around to a position of weakness with Evans, who actually is okay as a BACKUP point guard, but I wouldn't want him as my starting point.

This will allow me to keep both Orlando Johnson and Brandon Rush; Rush backs up Evans, Evans backups Lawson, and that lets Orlando play backup 2 behind Iggy.

I'm content with just about everything except my backup bigs now. Morris will serve as a stretch four, but he can't do much else. Mozgov is serviceable, but that's about all I can say about him. Hopefully I can use my MLE next off season to get a better backup at one of those two spots.

Mood

You can still hit 3's but have to be good shots not the come down jack up a 3 and goes in, that a till happens but not as much. I noticed I had to run some sort of offense to get more quality shots. Also your starters can't play the whole game so when they are tired quicker then the shot % will go down accordingly
    Yeah, I was jut practicing with Rubio yesterday and getting between A abd B+ on my shots, but too often he was missing shots, not sure if this is just because of him or what. But I think it will be fine and I will adjust accordingly.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Ill play whatever. If we want to do sim that's fine by me. I was routinely holding opponents in the %40-45 range under the defatult settings, so I imagine this will only improve things on my end.
    Yes, that is crazy a good defender proud to hold a player to 45% that is just crazy unrealistic. Good defense should result in less than 40% from 3.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

You really needed a point guard, and Rubio is a nice point guard. Everything blossomed with him last off season aside from his on-ball defense. But he's got a very high steal rating, he's a great passer, he can finish, he can shoot, he can really dribble the ball, he's got good size. Tough to give him up, but when two of your best players play the same position, something had to give, and I'm thrilled that I got to spread that talent around to a position of weakness with Evans, who actually is okay as a BACKUP point guard, but I wouldn't want him as my starting point.

This will allow me to keep both Orlando Johnson and Brandon Rush; Rush backs up Evans, Evans backups Lawson, and that lets Orlando play backup 2 behind Iggy.

I'm content with just about everything except my backup bigs now. Morris will serve as a stretch four, but he can't do much else. Mozgov is serviceable, but that's about all I can say about him. Hopefully I can use my MLE next off season to get a better backup at one of those two spots.
    Yeah I think it was a good deal for both, I had to add Henson in the trade for Morris because I basically would have only had 3 guys that play the 4 or 5 if not, lol. Also I liked Morris as a scoring option, he has a pretty decent all around shot, but yeah not a whole bunch more.
    Why so SERIOUS

One thing to keep in mind about taking three point shots (especially if we're in sim mode now) is your player's tendencies. Take Evan Turner. Yes, he has an 85 3pt rating, but his tendency to actually take them is something around 15, which means if I just keep bombing away with him, even if I'm open, odds are that not too many are going to go in. The game has those stats for a reason; they factor into what does and doesn't work.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

One thing to keep in mind about taking three point shots (especially if we're in sim mode now) is your player's tendencies. Take Evan Turner. Yes, he has an 85 3pt rating, but his tendency to actually take them is something around 15, which means if I just keep bombing away with him, even if I'm open, odds are that not too many are going to go in. The game has those stats for a reason; they factor into what does and doesn't work.
    Also in practice mode it shows their hot zones in case anyone didnt know for instance if a player is more likely to hit a corner 3 than a straight away 3

Mood

Also in practice mode it shows their hot zones in case anyone didnt know for instance if a player is more likely to hit a corner 3 than a straight away 3
    Yeah, I had to go there with all my guys...
    Why so SERIOUS

Can you reset the first three simmed games on my schedule against CPU tomorrow? Ready to grind them out.

Mood

Really Franchise quits the league with a ****** team and then joins a playoff team lol.

Can you reset the first three simmed games on my schedule against CPU tomorrow? Ready to grind them out.
    Yessir probably be 9am PST

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

I'm ready when you are, Hoya.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Really Franchise quits the league with a ****** team and then joins a playoff team lol.
    Yes the same computer team that has been settled with ****** contracts from human players and no draft picks. The team isn't that good.

Plus I missed the original draft, the second draft, And free agency. Wasn't really my team

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Btw the celtics are currently a playoff team

I really hate playing the CPU. Too much garbage mounts up (by the programming of the game) to try to force them into winning that it makes me sick.

But I still (for now, anyway) choose to play them because I want my record to reflect what I tried to do, not a random sim result. But it is ridiculous.

If you get this by 1215 or so, can you reset my 12/3 and 12/4 games against BOS and DAL? Thanks.