Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2k13 league take 2 (XBOX 360)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2k13 league take 2 (XBOX 360)

My master plan is to lure Dwight Howard to San Antonio. Multiple sources indicate Dwight loves HUGE women and that is what we can offer. Big markets just can't compete with us.

I have to have the lowest salary team ever assembled in the LT era.

I unlocked all games so you have access to play all games....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If anyone needs wants to play just send an invite to the Trailblazers. I will be on for a couple hours

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Few pointers.

1) At the end of the season u will need to put the league to fast pace so that the games will be available. At fast pace the league will advance every 6 hours for the playoffs. Also at fast pace there will be a 2 day wait for the league to advance before the draft, free agency and training camp is available, Then another day for the league to advance then the season to start. If you leave it at normal it may take a week without games being available. Also you may need to have another admin to reset games if they drop etc if you aren't online.
    3) If you paue the league at the end of the playoffs then advance ot to the offseason without unpausing it th stick in off season forever and you will have to create a new league

Just a few thing I learned the hard way I'm not sure if you already knew. If you do then disregard
    Last edited by Romsey31; 03-09-2013 at 09:09 AM.
    Impossible Is Nothing

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Romsey31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Romsey31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Few pointers.

1) At the end of the season u will need to put the league to fast pace so that the games will be available. At fast pace the league will advance every 6 hours for the playoffs. Also at fast pace there will be a 2 day wait for the league to advance before the draft, free agency and training camp is available, Then another day for the league to advance then the season to start. If you leave it at normal it may take a week without games being available. Also you may need to have another admin to reset games if they drop etc if you aren't online.
    3) If you paue the league at the end of the playoffs then advance ot to the offseason without unpausing it th stick in off season forever and you will have to create a new league

Just a few thing I learned the hard way I'm not sure if you already knew. If you do then disregard
    i did not first time running this deal.... Who wants to be the second admin?

thanks for the info but where I pointer number 2?? Lol jk jk

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    i did not first time running this deal.... Who wants to be the second admin?

thanks for the info but where I pointer number 2?? Lol jk jk

Hahahahahahaha. I think that beat down I got from kstat still has me a bit woozy
    Impossible Is Nothing

If anyone would like to join I started a group.... In the application "Group Me" it's basically a real time chat session between members maybe make it easier to schedule games and such... I registered with my Gamertag as my name to make it easier to distinguish who is who. No need to give out your # just post your username after signing up and I can search and add you to the group

https://groupme.com/join_group/38397...cD?source=Copy
    Last edited by ThA HoyA; 03-09-2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Posted group link

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    Who wants to be the second admin?
    I'm down to be an admin. I have ran online association before so I know what to do.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to McDunken For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McDunken View Post
    Wow I seriously got screwed.. I accidentally turned on auto draft the pick before me and got Joe Johnson.
    That happened to me as well, though thankfully not with my first picks. I believe it was my 5th/6th or 7/8 picks. Was going to take Lance Stephenson and probably Ryan Andersen but got Orlando Johnson and Chase Buddinger instead. And I needed a backup PF. Ouch.

As for Noah and Horford, I've only played one game with them and it was late and it was against Kstat, so I can't say I have a real feel for them together yet. I think I'm going to love it, but I hope going that direction as well as having my 5/6 picks botched don't cost me too much. I really didn't like anyone much at 3/4 either, which is why I settled for Gallinari and Felton.

Thankfully Felton is better than I remembered him being (both in ability and also how he moves/his shot release), but Gallinari is rough when you have to guard Kevin Durant with him.

Mood

I got screwed by everyone taking the players I was going to take like a pick before me. I ended up drafting a bunch of young guys I like playing with but a low overall. I should be better than my ranking of 30th overall. I really like how versatile my team is. Lillard/Bledsoe/Knight is a sick backcourt rotation. Knight really helps his strengths help in covering up Bledsoe's weaknesses. Terrence Williams is just ridiculousn in the game. I drafted him for his passing as I love moving the ball a lot. I didn't realize he had so much bounce in the game he is like Gerald Green but can pass on 2k.

I don't buy the computer rankings. I'm ranked 28th and I wouldn't trade my lineup for anything.

The sick thing is I have a lot of cap space to go out and get a better point guard in the offseason.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I will say I'm jealous of hicks's front court. 1-2 in the league in rebounds. If he can get anything significant out of his 1-2-3 he'll be dangerous.
    Last edited by Kstat; 03-09-2013 at 04:43 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I don't buy the computer rankings. I'm ranked 28th and I wouldn't trade my lineup for anything.

The sick thing is I have a lot of cap space to go out and get a better point guard in the offseason.
    I have 34m in cap space and nobody is up for a huge deal this off season. I have 2 years of a lot of cap space. Then the owner is going to have to write a ton of checks. I am going to keep this team together for the most part. You really pissed me off taking Jonas I had a plan of playing Jonas and Drummond together but you ruined that lol.

I am going to target a big in free agency an another combo wing. Terrence Williams is the only free agent I have and I will probably have to pay him quite a bit.

But if both CP3 and Dwight Howard want to come and hang with the big women in San Antonio that would be alright by me. Drummond and Howard playing together would not be fair.

Also the computer taking Patrick Patterson one pick before I was going to pissed me off so much. It ended up ok though because Brandon Knight fell and I took him instead.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-09-2013 at 04:49 PM.

If you hadn't drafted drummond, I wouldn't have had to take valanciunas....

I wasn't too thrilled with my bigs at first, but I have to say the West-Gortat duo is growing on me. West is a midrange monster (love the pick-and-pop with Westbrook) and Gortat is an awesome rebounder.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    I wasn't too thrilled with my bigs at first, but I have to say the West-Gortat duo is growing on me. West is a midrange monster (love the pick-and-pop with Westbrook) and Gortat is an awesome rebounder.
    Yes, West killed me in our game he is unstoppable from mid range. I like Gortat my only gripe is he gets tired so fast. I have him in the other OA and I invested in a great backup C so I always have a fresh big.

I am happy with my C Drummond is like my ideal C he is untouchable. I just need to get a PF of the future or C of the future and move Drummond to the PF. I am going to have to play small ball quite a bit this season until I can address that issue. The Splitter/ Terrence Williams/ Booker(depending on matchup) combo is alright for now I guess but I need to upgrade that. I really like Trevor Booker as my backup C glad he fell so far in the draft. I really like his skill set for my team.

I am trying to sign Zaza and Boris Diaw to address the issue. Diaw is a great fit for the style I play I need passing big men.

I'll see what I can do (with what I have, and/or with roster changes), but right now it seems my roster just isn't going to cut it. Too one dimensional, not enough top talent. Considering I had the 30th pick that's not a shock, really.

Having those two up front is nice, but in hindsight I should have taken a perimeter player instead of Noah. I'm suffering from diminishing returns.

By the way, years ago you could go to a 2k website to look at your league/association and make roster moves and see stats. Do they still offer that?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    I'll see what I can do (with what I have, and/or with roster changes), but right now it seems my roster just isn't going to cut it. Too one dimensional, not enough top talent. Considering I had the 30th pick that's not a shock, really.

Having those two up front is nice, but in hindsight I should have taken a perimeter player instead of Noah. I'm suffering from diminishing returns.
    Noah=

I have plenty of guards I just kept taking them. Went BPA for my team and style I like my team but for Noah I would consider trading a good guard.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Noah=

I have plenty of guards I just kept taking them. Went BPA for my team and style I like my team but for Noah I would consider trading a good guard.
    Send me an offer and I'll see how I feel about it.

So..yeah...whoever had the grizzlies needs to grow up....played his 5 starters the entire game, played a trapping zone the entire game vs Kevin Durant....then rage quit with 10 seconds left and quit the league when Durant dropped 44 on him.

The crapy thing is since he rage quit, it simmed through the game and my stats were lost. Thankfully, I got the win anyway.

A note to everyone....if you want to trap and zone the entire game and try to force turnovers instead of contesting shots, you're going to get burned a lot. I don't want to hear about the high FG%. Put a hand in someone's face.
    Last edited by Kstat; 03-09-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Mood

Yeah he used his starters all game vs me too.

When I get home I'm going to put Drose, J Johnson, and Blatche on the trade block. I need a true sf who plays good defense so if interested send me an offer

Mood

CGG and I's game was epic. It was just too bad I pressed the wrong icon at the end of the game uggh. If I miss out on a seed by one game I want be happy. I had that game in the bag and choked it away.

The Magic are just to big of team for me. Bynum and Favors + Pekovic was just too much on the boards for me. I made a huge comeback but it felt short.

Hicks who would you want on my team? I am really only willing to trade Beal. I love by pg sg rotation so I dont think I will trade anyone of them. Knight is just so dynamic off the bench. I guess I would consider Bledsoe but I would need more than just Noah if Bledsoe is involved.

Beal for Noah is what I am willing to do. I doubt you would be interested in that though. I just like the others too much to trade.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the magics front court is epic..