Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2k13 league take 2 (XBOX 360)

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2k13 league take 2 (XBOX 360)

Also: trading a free agent you just signed to a CPU for two first round picks is the ultimate cheese (pacer4ever)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is a game against mcdunken already simmed? Same thing happened last season which is why I haven't played a game
    The league must have advanced past the day your game was scheduled. Just get the game reset.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My game against NY should be simmed by tomorrow. Please reset it if it does thanks

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

For all game resets please include date and opponent, right now it's easy to look at the dates but the further we get its tougher to go through all dates to find that particular one.

Thanks

The banner raising ceremony was awesome...up until the point Kobe handed me my *** in the 4th quarter. Finals payback, I guess.

Typical ring night...banner goes up, home team goes down.

I feel a little like the 1995 rockets...I needed (and got) the talent upgrade I felt I needed to compete for another title, but the chemistry took a major hit. We'll see where I am in another 26 games.

With Rose, Bledsoe, Sefolosha and Sullinger, I may not lose a 50/50 ball all season.
    Last edited by Kstat; 06-10-2013 at 04:03 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love Kenny Faried that is all. My team is now ranked 2nd overall. First win of the year thanks to Iggy and company. Really balanced scoring night. Faried only had a few boards but he tipped so many balls and is just perfect as a PF for me.

My trade to get Harden with through which is awesome. I am rethinking trading for Cousins though. I am so good with Pek and Drummond. Getting a full game of great C, might be better than what Boogie can do. I don't know I am perplexed. My team is going to be insane. Good luck trying to guard all the weapons. I just wish I was better at 2K. I suck at the game so having a great team may not mean championship.

Iggy is like my favorite player he does everything.

really Kyle Korver averaging 35ppg and LBJ 45ppg 5 16 WTF lol

with Faried you never lose a 40/60 ball let alone a 50/50 ball lol

Mood

Also: trading a free agent you just signed to a CPU for two first round picks is the ultimate cheese (pacer4ever)
    Not really that was my plan for free agency. If I can't get the top players to sign with me(Dwight CP3) I have to get creative to get that top talent. Make no mistake about it I signed Nate with one intention of trading him for a superstar. That is why I overpaid him on a 1 year deal(same with JR Smith and Pek. Iggy is the only one I signed to keep). I plan to flip the picks to get another player like Cousins if the Twolves don't accept the trade. I never knew accepting the best trade that was offered to you was not within the rules or cheese.

The issue is I paid Nate to much to put him in a deal for Cousins with the other assets the Twolves want(the Twolves are hard cap because they signed so many bad players to big deals lol). The Twolves were asking for another draft pick. Which I didn't have. I didn't want to risk not getting better value for Nate and sitting him on the bench and not playing him all year and expire.

If the picks come to fruition and I hang on to them. There is a good chance I end up getting a bunch of 55 overall players in the draft. If I would of got offered a player I could use instead I would of took that instead.

don't see how taking the best deal offered is cheese. If that is the case then we just should do trades. Nate Robinson is going to really help them. They didnt have a pg worth a damn before the trade. Now they turned their one weakness into something. I don't get it the stars matchup? You act like I just got Al Jefferson for Biderans or something. I don't think the trade is that bad. I just don't have PT for Nate and dont like his game for my team. So why not get an asset? I think it was pretty good thinking on my part on how to build on team. I have a championship caliber core that will be here for 5 years because of it. Going from last to that in one year takes good use of assets.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-10-2013 at 06:26 AM.

I have no problem with how you use your cap space. Your problem is you still haven't been able to put together a cohesive team with it. You do a good job of collecting young talent, but none of it really goes together. I just don't see a philosophy in place.
    Last edited by Kstat; 06-10-2013 at 06:27 AM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I have no problem with how you use your cap space. Your problem is you still haven't been able to put together a cohesive team with it. You do a good job of collecting young talent, but none of it really goes together. I just don't see a philosophy.
    IDK

Lillard
    Harden
    Iggy
    Faried
    Cousins (or Pek if I dont get Cousins)

and 3 elite bench players is a pretty good team. It may take me a season to get use to them, but I think it is pretty damn dynamic. My problem is I suck at video games . I doubt I win it all I could have the best 8 players and I would still likely lose. I just am not good at games in general.

Philosophy? I need guys who finish ala Faried and Iggy Lillard Harden and shooting to go with it. I tried to build a team with defense and rebounding. Rebounding is the key for me and that is the reason I really want Cousins. I also guys who are good ball handlers Harden and Iggy and Cousins all good handlers for their position. I try to pund the paint with penetration and if I get Cousins I will post up to.

I feel the team I have does what I want really well. An Iggy type player is perfect for how I play 2k. A guy who can get to the basket, defend, rebound. I will figure out how I want to play when I get my core together for the first time. But my team this year has players I covet Iggy and Faried for example. Last year I would totally agree. All I had was young guys who I was planning to trade for the players I want. Bledsoe is a perfect example. I just drafted him so I could trade him. Beal is another one that I drafted to trade. I am still undecided if I want him long term. All I know is I now have a few players I like using on my team Lillard,Iggy,Faried,Harden, Pek and last year all I had was Lillard.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-10-2013 at 06:54 AM.

Lillard and harden are redundant. You'll never get the most out of both guys starting them in the same backcourt. Faried isn't the best compliment to cousins, either.

Mood

Lillard and harden are redundant. You'll never get the most out of both guys starting them in the same backcourt. Faried isn't the best compliment to cousins, either.
    Say what?? They both are terrific shooters and passers& penatrators. They both can play off the ball and with the ball. I don't know who would be a better fit with Lillard. I still have Beal to bring in as a defender when I need a lock down defender.

The only player I gave up for Harden that I liked was Knight. Who really cost me last season playing out of position. The only role for him would of been BU pg to Lillard for 5mpg kind a waste of his talents.

Cousins and Faried are perfect for rebounding and that is what I need, I dont think they are bad fits together. Faried is perfect as a cutter and finisher and Cousins is a beast in the low block and high block.

My 7th man this year would of been my 2nd best player on the team last year. I mean I don't see how you think they could be a bad fit. Tiago Splitter was my best big last year and he and Drummond were awful together as a duo, and now Spitter is getting DNP-CDs.

You could be right we will see. I got the player I wanted in Harden to pair with Lillard we will see if they work together I can't imagine they won't. But like I said I suck at video games so there is a good chance I don't win anything even with the team I feel is championship caliber. I don't take video games to serious so it isn't a big deal if the team doesn't win.

I like my team the way it is now, and last year I hated it. I may bring Harden off the bench though. I like Beal as the starting SG right now. But **** I was rated 30th now 2nd if I am lacking a philosophy to your liking so be it LOL. I have the talent. I will just have to figure out how to best use them. I suck so bad at 2k even if I figure it out I doubt I win.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-10-2013 at 08:12 AM.

And slim is going to pay down the road if he really intends to play 5 guys and never substitute the entire season.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacer4ever: there's a reason there's a rule in the NBA that you can't trade free agents you sign until mid season

Mood

Pacer4ever: there's a reason there's a rule in the NBA that you can't trade free agents you sign until mid season
    I would of been fine waiting till Jan 15th to trade Nate and the others for Harden. This is a video game though not the NBA. Just playing by the rules of the system we have in place. If we were playing with real people and stuff of course that wouldn't be a smart thing to do unless you are honest with the player up front(would be hard to ever sign a free agent ala the Miami Marlins), but with a videogame it is ok to trade Nate after signing him. I mean hell it happens in real life in baseball. I basically just did what the Cubs do. I signed guys with the plan to sell them off for long term assets. Cubs have done that the past few years. Scott Feldman is working out perfectly for us in that role.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Still think its a cheese ball way to play the game but that's just me

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

And slim is going to pay down the road if he really intends to play 5 guys and never substitute the entire season.
    I make a few substitutions here and there lol. Seriously though, I use my bench more when I play against actual people and all my games have been against the computer so far. Also, might I ask how I will pay down the road? Players' fatigue resets after each game, right? I've practically never made subs in another association I'm in and never had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    I make a few substitutions here and there lol. Seriously though, I use my bench more when I play against actual people and all my games have been against the computer so far. Also, might I ask how I will pay down the road? Players' fatigue resets after each game, right? I've practically never made subs in another association I'm in and never had any problems.
    Don't they become ineffective when they get tired? I use about 9 players in my rotation.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I would of been fine waiting till Jan 15th to trade Nate and the others for Harden. This is a video game though not the NBA. Just playing by the rules of the system we have in place. If we were playing with real people and stuff of course that wouldn't be a smart thing to do unless you are honest with the player up front(would be hard to ever sign a free agent ala the Miami Marlins), but with a videogame it is ok to trade Nate after signing him. I mean hell it happens in real life in baseball. I basically just did what the Cubs do. I signed guys with the plan to sell them off for long term assets. Cubs have done that the past few years. Scott Feldman is working out perfectly for us in that role.
    Right now looking like Toronto will be getting the first pick, no way nate is worth two first round picks especially not the top pick, and 2nd round picks in this game are worth nothing, especially when we don't even have to scout people and get to see all of their stats before that draft which is another weird thing, I get it your working the system, and if I were not traveling for the past few days I would have vetoed that trade with the quickness, I think your team is more than solid and you have people to get you prospects but I would guess you fell like you got away with a steal with the Robinson trade.
    Why so SERIOUS

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    Don't they become ineffective when they get tired? I use about 9 players in my rotation.

Yes, which is why I call timeouts during the games to get their energy back up. I'm pretty sure they don't progressively get tired over the season, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Also LeBron and Conley do most of the ball handling and they have pretty high stamina so they hardly get tired as it is.

Wts future picks.

"Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Say what?? They both are terrific shooters and passers& penatrators. They both can play off the ball and with the ball. I don't know who would be a better fit with Lillard. I still have Beal to bring in as a defender when I need a lock down defender.

The only player I gave up for Harden that I liked was Knight. Who really cost me last season playing out of position. The only role for him would of been BU pg to Lillard for 5mpg kind a waste of his talents.

Cousins and Faried are perfect for rebounding and that is what I need, I dont think they are bad fits together. Faried is perfect as a cutter and finisher and Cousins is a beast in the low block and high block.

My 7th man this year would of been my 2nd best player on the team last year. I mean I don't see how you think they could be a bad fit. Tiago Splitter was my best big last year and he and Drummond were awful together as a duo, and now Spitter is getting DNP-CDs.

You could be right we will see. I got the player I wanted in Harden to pair with Lillard we will see if they work together I can't imagine they won't. But like I said I suck at video games so there is a good chance I don't win anything even with the team I feel is championship caliber. I don't take video games to serious so it isn't a big deal if the team doesn't win.

I like my team the way it is now, and last year I hated it. I may bring Harden off the bench though. I like Beal as the starting SG right now. But **** I was rated 30th now 2nd if I am lacking a philosophy to your liking so be it LOL. I have the talent. I will just have to figure out how to best use them. I suck so bad at 2k even if I figure it out I doubt I win.
    Danny Green would fit your team much better than Harden imo. He greatly improved his defense in the off season and pop knows how to get him shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Right now looking like Toronto will be getting the first pick, no way nate is worth two first round picks especially not the top pick, and 2nd round picks in this game are worth nothing, especially when we don't even have to scout people and get to see all of their stats before that draft which is another weird thing, I get it your working the system, and if I were not traveling for the past few days I would have vetoed that trade with the quickness, I think your team is more than solid and you have people to get you prospects but I would guess you fell like you got away with a steal with the Robinson trade.
    What must really burn is that he traded your first round pick in the deal for James harden...lol
    Last edited by Kstat; 06-10-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    Yes, which is why I call timeouts during the games to get their energy back up. I'm pretty sure they don't progressively get tired over the season, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Also LeBron and Conley do most of the ball handling and they have pretty high stamina so they hardly get tired as it is.
    I believe progressive fatigue is on. I guess Hoya would know.

Please re-set the nov 7 Utah NY game btw thanks

I believe progressive fatigue is on. I guess Hoya would know.
    Should be on I don't recall turning it off, I did forget to turn the game style to sim but since we already started I don't want to change it