Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 89

Thread: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

  1. #1
    Member Randolph_HorseLips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Danville
    Posts
    365

    Sports Logo

    Default Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    I've been thinking about how much this weekend's Pacers/Heat game will influence the attitudes of broadcasters, analysts in the NBA media. Think about how different talk radio will be the next day given who the winner is:

    IF THE PACERS WIN: Many in the media have been saying the Pacers might be only team in the East to challenge Miami. They'll REALLY be saying that if we win at Miami and run our record to 3-0 against them. I can hear Colin Cowherd now: "If you never believed me that the Pacers are legit, you better believe it now"

    IF THE HEAT WIN: It will probably be their 18th straight win and the coronation will reach its zenith. The Pacers, for a little while at least, will be forgotten.

    There's no way I'll be rooting against the Pacers once the ball is tipped, but in my head I wonder if a loss might be a good thing. I say this because the Heat are probably tired of hearing about the Pacers being their only challenger. They'll want to make a statement and put us in our place.

    I say... let them! Let them get that out of their system now, in the regular season, so they can return to their overconfident selves, like in 2011. Many thought the Heat lost to Dallas because they were overconfident, and that they beat OKC because they were humbled and more focused. Losing by 20 to them on Sunday might not be a horrible thing. Let them feel like the Eastern Conference Playoffs is just an annoying formality.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Randolph_HorseLips For This Useful Post:


  3. #2

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    No, beating the Heat is always the answer.

    You've got to think they have a little doubt about whether they can beat the Pacers. They will use this game to try to see if they can or cannot.

    The Heat fear the Pacers. They know the Pacers have gotten better than last year's playoffs. Lebron of all people knows that PG is a legit foe.

    They don't know if they can beat this new and improved Pacer team. They've been playing their best ball of the season. If they lose this game, it'll go from not knowing to "maybe they are better than us". Meeting a timid Lebron and DWade in the playoffs is much better than meeting them with their confidence flowing.

    The Pacers almost scared them into a playoff loss last year before they figured out they were better than us. There's no way the Pacers will catch them off guard this year. Might as well keep that doubt in their mind of whether they can ever beat us.

    The only team that scares the Heat in the East is the Pacers. They know they can beat any other team in the East in the playoffs.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerfan For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member DJVendetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Posts
    1,074

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph_HorseLips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's no way I'll be rooting against the Pacers once the ball is tipped, but in my head I wonder if a loss might be a good thing. I say this because the Heat are probably tired of hearing about the Pacers being their only challenger. They'll want to make a statement and put us in our place.
    I'm going to the game this sunday and this is what I kind of predicted. The heat have a chance to shut everyone up about the hype surrounding the 2-0 season series the Pacers have on the heat. They can finally prove a point and make a statement that we are not on par with them.

    We can make a statement too, a huge one.

    I'll admit that I am not looking forward to my girl and I rocking Pacers gear at the Heat arena in a hostile crowd with the top 2 in the east squaring off....specially if that winning streak is on the line. Last time I went there in my Jermaine O'neal jersey for the playoffs I almost got killed LOL. Drunk heat fans are not very welcoming, even when their team wins!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post:


  7. #4

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    Considering our recent turnover problems, it might be more difficult this time around. Heat unstoppable if you commit to many turnovers.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Member Randolph_HorseLips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Danville
    Posts
    365

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they lose this game, it'll go from not knowing to "maybe they are better than us". Meeting a timid Lebron and DWade in the playoffs is much better than meeting them with their confidence flowing.
    You say timid, I say focused. But I hear what you're saying.

    I think I'd rather see the Heat complacent/overconfident rather than focused.

  10. #6
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,421

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    No. No. No.

    I want the Pacers to beat the Miami Heat into the ground. I'm so sicked and tired of us playing "second fiddle" to the Miami Heat on the national stage, and the Miami Heat "pretending" that the regular season is not important. IMHO, it's put up or shut up. If they can beat us, then they need to prove it, because we already prove that we can manhandle them. We're 12-3 for the last 15 games, and we've been smashing teams since the All-Star break.

    When I think about last year's playoff, they NEEDED historic production from Wade and Lebron to beat us. We're a MUCH better team than last year. Everyone wants to say that the road to the championship goes through Miami. I call B.S. on that mindset. Personally, I believe the road to a championship goes through the Pacers. We have the players and blueprint to beat Miami. If Miami is stupid enough to give us unshakeable confidence in the belief that we can beat them, then I'm calling it right now....

    The Indiana Pacers will be in the Finals.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


  12. #7

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    interesting take, but I will have to disagree. If we do meet Miami in the playoffs I do not think they will take us lightly, regardless of what happens on Sunday. Maybe the media ignores us but no other basketball teams will do that anymore, but it the Heat, Knicks or Bulls.
    On the other hand, I think its a big psychological advantage to go 3-0 against a team you will potentially face, especially when we can possibly end their winning streak at the same time.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Auggie For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    As much as I dislike the Heat and would love to see us pull out a miraculous run to the Conference's top seed, the thought of being the bookends on Miami's 17-game win streak is just too enticing to pass up.

  15. #9
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,270

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    The ONLY time I would ever want the Pacers to (theoretically) not beat the Heat is if it were the last game of the regular season and a win meant we had to face them earlier in the playoffs and a loss meant we avoided them a bit longer.

    Which, thinking about it, is incredibly far fetched and I don't really see how that could happen off the top of my head.

    I guess what I am saying is, BEAT THE HEAT!
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,539

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    Bookends to their streak. That'd be fantastic. Icing on that 3-0 Cake.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:


  19. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    LWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL

  20. #12
    Member Randolph_HorseLips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Danville
    Posts
    365

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bookends to their streak. That'd be fantastic. Icing on that 3-0 Cake.
    I hadn't realized that. That WOULD be sweet, wouldn't it?

    Don't get me wrong... I won't be rooting against the Pacers. I'd love to beat Miami, but I'm just afraid the more we beat them, the more they'll be "due" against us come playoff time.

    I also wouldn't mind playing a vanilla game against them. You hear that term in the NFL when two teams play in Week 17 before they play in the playoffs. I don't think Vogel should reveal much of whatever offense/defense we'll be throwing at them in the playoffs. If he thinks a halfcourt game makes the most sense against them, for example, then maybe we should push the tempo Sunday (or vice versa).

    As "sweet" as it would be to beat them and perhaps end a winning streak, I'm not sure how much it would ultimately matter.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Randolph_HorseLips For This Useful Post:


  22. #13
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL
    A possible new signature?

    Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


  24. #14
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,486

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A possible new signature?

    Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves folks, we have to win the actual game first.

  25. #15
    Member Phree Refill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Columbus IN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    588

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    I might be jumping the gun a little here but if Miami is still on their win streak come Sunday, that might be the biggest game in the entire league so far this season. And somehow all we got was NBATV.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post:


  27. #16
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phree Refill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might be jumping the gun a little here but if Miami is still on their win streak come Sunday, that might be the biggest game in the entire league so far this season. And somehow all we got was NBATV.
    Aargh! I don't have NBATV!

    Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

  28. #17
    Member Randolph_HorseLips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Danville
    Posts
    365

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aargh! I don't have NBATV!
    To a sports bar or buddie's house for you.

  29. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    156

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    Pacers will have to hit em in the mouth early. And hard. Set the tone with fierce physicality that they can't match. If we're clicking offensively it should be a beatdown. Or would it be a Heatdown?
    Forever struggling to convince myself "In Larry we trust"
    Writer at NoseBleedSectionSports.com

  30. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    472

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    game not on fsm?

  31. #20
    Die hard Pacers fan!!!!! SIR-LANCE-ALOT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    225
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    F@#$ the miami heat!!!!

  32. #21
    Member Randolph_HorseLips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Danville
    Posts
    365

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    Quote Originally Posted by solid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    game not on fsm?
    According to my DirecTV guide the game is on FSIndiana (not FSMidwest).

  33. #22
    Member bshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Huntington
    Age
    20
    Posts
    77

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    Doesn't NBATV just take a local broadcast and air it on their network? If not the announcers are incredibly biased every time I watch a game on that channel.

  34. #23
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,473
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    Quote Originally Posted by bshall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't NBATV just take a local broadcast and air it on their network? If not the announcers are incredibly biased every time I watch a game on that channel.
    Yes, that is what they do.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  36. #24
    Ain't Happening BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,060

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    I think it's better if we win. I think it gives us more confidence and it will get in their heads if we beat them down there just as they are on a high.

    One thing about LeBron James. When he is truly challenged he gets nervous. He does NOT have ice water in his veins like Jordan and Kobe. He gets nervous and you can see it in the man's eyes.

    Whether or not it's this year or next, I really want to see those eyes again. I can't wait because it will be coming at some point.

    I really cannot stand the Heat.

  37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  38. #25
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,621

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Looking ahead to the Miami Game: Imagine the Mood Swing

    Until the Team cuts down on those turnovers ( I am looking at you PG24 ) and stop making stupid mistakes.....I don't think that the game against the Heat is going to be close.

    Sorry to be Debbie-Downer....but the only way that the Pacers can beat the Heat is if they are flawless on the defensive end and able to execute on the offensive end....both from the Starters and bench Players.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Similar Threads

  1. Imagine how sweet it would be
    By daschysta in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 12:27 PM
  2. What do you imagine JOB is thinking about all of this?
    By presto123 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 10:40 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 08:00 PM
  4. Warriors G Davis suspended a game for throwing swing (ESPN.com)
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 09:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •