Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Before everyone starts freaking out about Danny not playing in the second half...

Default Before everyone starts freaking out about Danny not playing in the second half...

First, the board freaked out about the poor start...some even suggesting that we should fire our now probable COY.

Then the board freaked out about PG never amounting to much more than Brandon Rush....and he became an All Star, this season.

Then the board freaked out about Danny not playing this season...and he started playing in February, as planned.

So before the board freaks out about Danny not playing in the second half...fearing he won't be Danny..can we just remember that Danny himself said that playing in games is part of his rehab..that the pain is normal...and that playing it safe is important..because really...The goal is for Danny to be Danny by the playoffs..anything before is gravy.

I know there's a possibility that Danny will be injured an unable to contribute this season. But nothing we've seen so far has shown that to be likely. Danny's returned on schedule, and Danny's pain is normal (as is his in game rust..). So no need to worry yet.

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Before everyone starts freaking out about Danny not playing in the second half...

True facts.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Default Re: Before everyone starts freaking out about Danny not playing in the second half...

Well said.

Also this game was a little too close the entire 2nd half and too important to be using it for the Danny re-integration process.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr.ThunderMakeR For This Useful Post:

Danny shouldn't have played tonight. You could see he couldn't move well from the moment he entered the game. This is exactly what he looked like in the preseason game against the Bulls as well.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Count me as one of those that's extremely nervous. He's supposedly been "on schedule" all yr, yet it's March and he's not contributing.

I love Danny, but if he's gonna keep being off and on, I'd rather they sit his *** down completely. The team needs some consistency going into the home stretch.

But sookie I truly hope you're right and I'm simply overreacting to my fave players injury

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

It's March and he's had exactly one really solid game this season, which was the LAC game. He played good against Toronto too for the ten minutes he was out there, but his night was cut short. He's been pulled in two consecutive games after missing 55 games this year. At this point, I'm surprised how anyone couldn't be concerned. The playoffs are just a month and a half away.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

That's the thing, if on schedule means he returns to action late February, he likely isn't contributing early March. Which is why I say don't worry about it.

If he's not contributing early April..then it's an issue. But early March? Especially when Danny said that playing is part of his rehab..there isn't an issue yet.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

J7F

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the thing, if on schedule means he returns to action late February, he likely isn't contributing early March. Which is why I say don't worry about it.

If he's not contributing early April..then it's an issue. But early March? Especially when Danny said that playing is part of his rehab..there isn't an issue yet.
    I don't want to get bogged down in semantics, but I think that getting pulled in two consecutive games is an issue.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I don't want to get bogged down in semantics, but I think that getting pulled in two consecutive games is an issue.
    Because Danny experiencing pain and the Pacers being extra precautious is normal and smart. It's totally unrealistic to not expect little setbacks when he first returns.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

he got pulled because it was his 3rd game in 4 days, nothing big, the pain is normal, he has a month and a half before we need him, nothing big

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Because Danny experiencing pain and the Pacers being extra precautious is normal and smart. It's totally unrealistic to not expect little setbacks when he first returns.
    I agree 100% that it would be unrealistic to not expect setbacks. I've been skeptical all along about the chances of him regaining his old form this year. All I'm saying is that time is starting to run out.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    he got pulled because it was his 3rd game in 4 days, nothing big, the pain is normal, he has a month and a half before we need him, nothing big
    Yeah it was his third game in four days, but he played just ten minutes on Friday and only eight tonight.

Also, I'd say we "need him" now. We're fighting for super important seeding. Plus you want the team to have as much experience playing with Danny as possible. You can't afford to be learning things in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 03-03-2013 at 11:43 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Yeah it was his third game in four days, but he played just ten minutes on Friday and only eight tonight.
    Ding. I'm no more of an MD than the rest of you, but he just had a short stint, then a day off, then an even shorter stint. That's not a rehab going according to plan. You can hope it gets back on track and it may. But this "nothing to see here move along" stuff is quaint.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danman For This Useful Post:

So the non-surgical solution didn't work and sometime in the near future we can expect surgery.... ?
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    So the non-surgical solution didn't work and sometime in the near future we can expect surgery.... ?
    For what he has there is no surgery. Unless they come up with a bionic tendon in the near future.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    For what he has there is no surgery. Unless they come up with a bionic tendon in the near future.
    Dunleavy had surgery for the same issue right?

Quote Originally Posted by danman View Post
    Ding. I'm no more of an MD than the rest of you, but he just had a short stint, then a day off, then an even shorter stint. That's not a rehab going according to plan. You can hope it gets back on track and it may. But this "nothing to see here move along" stuff is quaint.
    I'd say limiting his minutes during his first few games back is fairly normal and nothing to worry about. I think Vogel knows how important Granger is to our long term success this year and wants to play it safe with him. He'll work him in slowly for another week or 2 perhaps increasing his pt next week with Granger in the starting lineup in 2 weeks. He's been back for a week now, I didn't expect him to be playing 30 minutes. If we're seeing this 8 minute stuff in 2-3 more weeks I'll be worried but I don't think that will be the case.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Dunleavy had surgery for the same issue right?
    See you keep comparing the two but honestly that is not what I remember at all. I thought Mike had a huge bone spur, one they thought was a small spur but once it was opened up he had the spur was the size of his patella. I don't remember him having tendonosis at all.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Here is what is written in his player profile on NBA.com

2008-09: A bone spur in his right knee kept him on the sidelines for the first 34 games of the season and ultimately limited him to just 18 appearances

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/mike_dunleavy/bio.html

If you can find something different let me know, I just honestly don't remember this problem for him.

Banned

See you keep comparing the two but honestly that is not what I remember at all. I thought Mike had a huge bone spur, one they thought was a small spur but once it was opened up he had the spur was the size of his patella. I don't remember him having tendonosis at all.
    Sorry but I couldn't remember what his injury was I'm not trying to compare them, here is the info:

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?story...67&src=desktop

Mood

Right.

We've definitely all gone over this before.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

First, the board freaked out about the poor start...some even suggesting that we should fire our now probable COY.

Then the board freaked out about PG never amounting to much more than Brandon Rush....and he became an All Star, this season.

Then the board freaked out about Danny not playing this season...and he started playing in February, as planned.
    So...you're saying that we should all be freaking out? Got it.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

So before the board freaks out about Danny not playing in the second half...fearing he won't be Danny..can we just remember that Danny himself said that playing in games is part of his rehab..that the pain is normal...and that playing it safe is important..because really...The goal is for Danny to be Danny by the playoffs..anything before is gravy.

I know there's a possibility that Danny will be injured an unable to contribute this season. But nothing we've seen so far has shown that to be likely. Danny's returned on schedule, and Danny's pain is normal (as is his in game rust..). So no need to worry yet.
    Sounds to me like nothing good happens unless we freak out. Let the panic commence.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IUfan4life For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    Sounds to me like nothing good happens unless we freak out. Let the panic commence.
    Genius.

"Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Have a feeling not making a deal at the deadline to improve our bench will come back to haunt us come playoff time.