Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 178

Thread: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

  1. #151
    Member Ghostface Millah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Broad Ripple
    Age
    26
    Posts
    68

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone at the game? How many Bulls fans? how bad were they? Watched the Vogel press conference and you could hear people rumbling about hearing the Chicago fans
    I was at the game. I'd say the crowd looked to be about 60/40 in favor of the Pacers from my vantage point in the club level. But the color red just really pops compared to blue so it's tough to tell for sure. I was surrounded on all sides by Bulls fans who luckily ended up being friendly. Cheers for the Pacers generally seemed louder than cheers for the Bulls. It wasn't too bad.

  2. #152

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    I'm thinking everytime Lance leads a Fast Break and there's a timeout afterwards, the players are probably like " LANCE WAS RUNNAN! "

  3. #153
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,609

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not a Rose fan, but it's very clear cut. The Bulls won 75% of their games in 2010-11 and 2011-12 with Rose. Without him this year, they've only won 56%. The Pacers won 63.6% of their games last year with Granger playing. Despite him missing 55 games this season, they've still won 63.3% of their games. Granger isn't even in the same stratosphere as Rose as far as team impact (or anything else) is concerned. Rose makes the Bulls an elite team and gives them their swagger. The loss of Rose made the Bulls' winning percentage drop by 20%. They are well coached and still have talent without him, but they aren't even close to being the same team as when he's healthy. OTOH, the Pacers without Granger have been virtually identical to last year's team.
    I agree with the point that you are making with the Bulls....but not 100%..maybe 75%....with with what you say with the Pacers.

    The Pacers were not an elite level top Tier defensive Team last season. Defense is what makes the difference with this Team compared to last year's Team....but unfortunately....I think the offense isn't as good as it was...thanks mostly to Hibbert's lack of offense.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  4. #154
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,609

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm thinking everytime Lance leads a Fast Break and there's a timeout afterwards, the players are probably like " LANCE WAS RUNNAN! "
    The offense is so much more dynamic and unpredictable when Lance is allowed to let the offense flow through him. The offense looks like Lance driving to the hoop...the defense collapses on him....Lance figures out who is open, passes to him ( mostly West ) and that guy scores. Seriously.....rinse and repeat and we will have another offensive scoring threat.

    I know that Vogel will never do it.....but I really would love to see a line up of Lance/OJ/Granger/Hansbrough/Mahinmi. OJ and Lance are decent enough ball handlers that they should be able to run the offense properly.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  6. #155

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    I want a garbage time lineup of Lance/Green/PG/Hans/Ian. Just to watch those dudes run a break.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  8. #156
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,249

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    I would kinda love it if the playoffs played out this way(of current standings).

    I want to avoid Miami and Chicago until the ECF. Boston and NY/Brooklyn wouldn't be an easy path, but I like my odds against them over Miami/Chicago.

  9. #157
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scott Agness ‏@ScottAgness
    When Lance Stephenson runs a fast break, the Pacers are much better off. Teammates even put "Gump" over his nameplate in the locker room.

    This is awesome.
    Is this a joke or did they really do that?
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  10. #158
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm missing the connection here to ( I assume ) Forrest Gump. Someone help me connect the dots.
    I'm not exactly sure either, but I'll venture into it, since I am a lance fan boy and less likely to be called a hater for my opinion.

    Lance is not "dim". He's darn smart. But he comes off that way because of his very strong ghetto accent and because he kind of bounces around—both on the court and during interviews—in an unfocused, ADD, almost challenged kind of way. His expressions are goofy. I can see his buddies calling him Gump because, like Forrest, despite the appearance of being pitiful, he can kind of do it all. And not just bball skills. He can trash talk, he can get into Lebron and Wade's mind, he can take calls from Larry Bird on a regular basis. He's just a crazy, hysterical, amazing dude.
    Last edited by McKeyFan; 03-04-2013 at 06:54 AM.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  12. #159
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,010

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want a garbage time lineup of Lance/Green/PG/Hans/Ian. Just to watch those dudes run a break.
    Just hoping in here, but I think he meant it as in "run forest, run."

    By the way, I never saw the movie, but I read the book a loooong time ago. In the book he hangs out in Indy smoking dope (and I think in a band.) I hear that was cut from the movie.
    Danger Zone

  13. #160
    Member Drewtone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, CA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    508
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not exactly sure either, but I'll venture into it, since I am a lance fan boy and less likely to be called a hater for my opinion.

    Lance is not "dim". He's darn smart. But he comes off that way because of his very strong ghetto accent and because he kind of bounces around—both on the court and during interviews—in an unfocused, ADD, almost challenged kind of way. His expressions are goofy. I can see his buddies calling him Gump because, like Forrest, despite the appearance of being pitiful, he can kind of do it all. And not just bball skills. He can trash talk, he can get into Lebron and Wade's mind, he can take calls from Larry Bird on a regular basis. He's just a crazy, hysterical, amazing dude.
    Likely because of the prominent quote from the movie: "Run Forrest, Run!"
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

    Bob Netolicky

  14. #161
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewtone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Likely because of the prominent quote from the movie: "Run Forrest, Run!"
    That may be a better theory. But like with a lot of things that get traction, there may be layered meanings.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  15. #162
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,317

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface Millah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was at the game. I'd say the crowd looked to be about 60/40 in favor of the Pacers from my vantage point in the club level. But the color red just really pops compared to blue so it's tough to tell for sure. I was surrounded on all sides by Bulls fans who luckily ended up being friendly. Cheers for the Pacers generally seemed louder than cheers for the Bulls. It wasn't too bad.
    Sounds about right plus I believe the Pacer fans in attendance gave extra effort to drown out the voices of the enemy. I know I'm hoarse and the Bulls fans were still cockey after the game.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  16. #163

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Really liked what I saw from Hill last night. 21 points, 5 assists.. I'll take that anyday.

  17. #164

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just hoping in here, but I think he meant it as in "run forest, run."

    By the way, I never saw the movie, but I read the book a loooong time ago. In the book he hangs out in Indy smoking dope (and I think in a band.) I hear that was cut from the movie.
    You live in America and you've never seen Forrest Gump? How/why is that possible? It's only one of the greatest American films of all time. And yes, the nameplate is obviously a reference to "Run, Forrest, run!" and not a statement about shrimp boats or dimwits.

    As for Lance being in the 2nd unit right away, there's no way DJ goes into the starting lineup. It's his defense. He gets burned by backups when he's in with the 2nd unit. What do you think he's going to do against the opponents starters?

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:


  19. #165
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,504

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    A lot of people on Bulls Realgm saying Pacers are overrated and complaining about the refs once again...lmao I love it
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:


  21. #166

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by VideoVandal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else legitimately concerned with George Hill's FTs in clutch situations? This is not the first game he has gone to the line at end of game situations and I was not confident that it was him going, and him being our best percentage shooter I should be. I know in clutch situations he goes to the line the most often for us so perhaps his misses are sticking out more in my head than his makes but man he makes me nervous in clutch situations. I am not confident ever that he will go 2 for 2 in those spots.
    I'm concerned Stephenson can't hit FT. Hopefully, he's never in a position of having to hit FT late in a game with the game on the line. He has a habit of constantly missing the 1st FT.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  23. #167

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    It looks to me like Dunleavy all over again.


    I hate for it to be that way. This is exactly why I, unlike so many others, still wanted the Pacers to make a trade for the playoffs. If Granger can't play and produce, that scenario of Granger being the best player the FO couild get rings hollow.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  25. #168

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    The problem being Rose's impact on the Bulls is much, much, larger than Granger's impact on the Pacers

    Without a doubt!

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  27. #169

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    but Hibbert had a phenomenal game tonight. 18 pts/10 rebs and 3 blocks to go with good FG%. It's a shame the commentary here has to be on the broadcasters, because we had some great individual efforts tonight.


    Couldn't agree more! I was extremely elated that Hibbert played Noah well in the game. I was expecting Noah to take Hibbert to the woodshed for a beating, but Hibbert didn't allow it to happen. THANK YOU ROY!!!

  28. #170

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just hoping in here, but I think he meant it as in "run forest, run."

    By the way, I never saw the movie,

    but I read the book a loooong time ago. In the book he hangs out in Indy smoking dope (and I think in a band.) I hear that was cut from the movie.

    Really!

    That's interesting.

  29. #171
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,532

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of people on Bulls Realgm saying Pacers are overrated and complaining about the refs once again...lmao I love it
    I have never seen a bulls gamethread where you couldn't find numerous posters complaining about the refs. In that first playoff series against them, Rose would get 10+ FTs and they would complain that the league is biased against Derrick Rose because he's a Bull.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  31. #172
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers bench, 2 rebounds in 53 minutes of action.
    Yikes


  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  33. #173
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OJ should be our guy off the second unit. Danny has sabotaged his growth
    Yeah, just like Wade is ruining any chance Norris Cole has to be good. Bench Wade already so your team has a chance to develop a real talent.



    My favorite part is that it's not even true, as was pointed out already with the Toronto game results.

  34. #174
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Only real problem I had with Burke wasn't that she was going on and on about Noah (I too think he's very good) but during that one stretch when she went on and on speciifically about how hard he was running up and down the floor. Crazy part is they showed an iso on Noah running up and down and he was running about as fast as everyone else. So what was so great about how hard he was running - everyone else was too
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 03-05-2013 at 02:27 PM.

  35. #175
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,928

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 3/3/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only real problem I had with Burke wasn't that she was going on and on about Noah (I too think he's very good) but during that one stretch when she went on and on speciifically about how hard he was running up and down the floor. Crazy part is they should an iso on Noah running up and down and he was running about as fast as everyone else. So what was so great about how hard he was running - everyone else was too
    it's amazing that someone that disfigured is able to run at all.

    I am glad the NBA is trying to let some disabled folks into the league these days.




    *kidding...but seriously

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 226
    Last Post: 02-06-2013, 09:25 PM
  2. Pacers/Bulls postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 10:30 PM
  3. Bulls/Pacers postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 05:04 PM
  4. Pacers/Bulls postgame thread
    By ECKrueger in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 276
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 02:56 PM
  5. Bulls vs. Pacers Postgame Thread
    By jhondog28 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 06:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •