Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atlanta/ Brooklyn/ Boston/ Chicago - Who would you rather the Pacers faced in the 1st round?

Default Re: Atlanta/ Brooklyn/ Boston/ Chicago - Who would you rather the Pacers faced in the 1st round?

I don't really care who we play. It would be fun to lay the smack down on the Bulls as a nice warm up to the playoffs.

I do know that all those teams are praying and trying hard not to get matched up with the Pacers!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Atlanta/ Brooklyn/ Boston/ Chicago - Who would you rather the Pacers faced in the 1st round?

As a fan, and what I believe would help boost Pacers popularity the most, I would love to play and stomp Chicago. Then, do the same to NY, and then have a dog fight with Miami.
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard_Skull For This Useful Post:

We have a very strong Pacers team, so any of them will not be a concern for me. If I want to make an interesting match-up, I would want to have Chicago or Boston. Chicago because they are our division rival right now, and it would really draw the best out of those two teams. It would really be satisfying to dominate that Chicago team after getting beat 2 seasons ago.

Boston I would like to face because they are somewhat similar to the Pacers. As I said in one previous thread, Pacers have that same engine as the Celtics - strong brotherhood and camaraderie, plays tough-nosed defense, very tight chemistry, and a coach that drives a very strong sense of respect out of its players. It would be interesting to see if the Pacers can beat their old brothers.

It would be better if Brooklyn will face the Knicks because they are somewhat like the Lakers and Clippers right now, and it will be fun to read some trash-talking between NYers.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Nice thread question. Everyone giving different answers. This provides a little more variety than "Do you like Danny Granger" or "Should small kittens be crushed?"

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Skull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a fan, and what I believe would help boost Pacers popularity the most, I would love to play and stomp Chicago. Then, do the same to NY, and then have a dog fight with Miami.
    I think we could beat both those teams, then against Miami anything could happen. The only thing that would scare me is the amount of Chicago fans that would end up with playoff tickets at BLF. It really sucks to have a bunch of opposing fans there.
    "Just look at the flowers ...."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I do not want to face Brooklyn in the first round. If i had to choose id wish for the Bucks to go up one haha. But if i had to choose one then id go with Boston or Atlanta.
    Last edited by KingGeorge_24; 03-04-2013 at 08:47 AM.
    “This was just a taste,” George said. “I want to be here every year until I can’t go no more.”

Mood

Only team I'm thinking twice about in the East is Miami. If Chicago gets DRose back, obviously, they become tougher, but who knows what's going to happen there?

Outside of Deron and Lopez, the Nets are not scaring me. And, over a series, those two do not have enough to beat us (though I still think about how awesome it might have been to get Deron at point for us).

ATL's run is done. I'm betting Josh Smith mails it in and barely even tries during these playoffs. That team is about to implode, IMO. No way they're a threat.

Chicago always plays us tough, but without Rose, they just don't have the horses to hang for 7 games (though Doris Burke might argue that Noah could win any series playing 1-on-5, lol).

Boston is also done. They will give it the old college try, but despite being the veteran team that "knows how to win" and all that, they won't be able to compete with our youth, length, and talent.

So, whoever we get, it won't matter that much. Not that I think we'll just walk through the East because the ECF with Miami is predestined. We'll have to earn it. But, we're the second seed for a reason: We're better than those other 6 playoff teams.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Boston. I know they're tough and all, but without Rondo, they should be an easier task to beat than BKN, CHI, or ATL
    "We want Miami"