Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta/ Brooklyn/ Boston/ Chicago - Who would you rather the Pacers faced in the 1st round?

Default Atlanta/ Brooklyn/ Boston/ Chicago - Who would you rather the Pacers faced in the 1st round?

I don't get to watch a lot of NBA games since I live on the other side of the world,
    so if I do stay up to watch one, it's obviously gonna be a Pacers game
    Therefore, I'm not too familiar with the other teams' quality, except fot their respective rosters and standings,
    so I was interested to hear some opinions on the possible 1st opponents for the Pacers.

I'm assuming neither the Pacers, Knicks or Heat won't slip up far enough to face each other in the 1st,
    and it's also becoming apparent Milwaukee will finish no higher than 8th, so...

Nets/ Bulls/ Celtics/ Hawks
    They're all good teams - Who would you rather face? Who would you rather avoid? and why?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DgR For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Atlanta/ Brooklyn/ Boston/ Chicago - Who would you rather the Pacers faced in the 1st round?

Any of them is going to be significantly more difficult than an Orlando team without Dwight Howard.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 03-02-2013 at 05:53 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Atlanta/ Brooklyn/ Boston/ Chicago - Who would you rather the Pacers faced in the 1st round?

Atlanta for sure
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Atlanta is our Achilles heel. I don't think I'd want them. We'd be hard pressed to stop Deron, so I don't want to play him either. Currently I think I'd be fine with either Boston or Chicago (without Rose)
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Mood

I'll be a pansy and hope Milwaukee passes Boston for the 7th seed, unlikely as that is.

Out of those though? Atlanta I guess, that or Chicago actually, they've been on a downward spiral, and I'm not sure Rose is going to return, and even if he does he simply won't have enough time to regain his form. Plus beating Chicago straight up in a series would be the most satisfying out of those choices for a first round matchup. Additionally if Chicago does get the 7th seed or 6th seed it means they didn't regain form and put together a run/ didn't get rose back or he's ineffective once they did.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Boston has too much playoff experience, Nets are just too talented, Chicago will have Rose back for the playoffs....Atlanta is our best bet
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

We should intentionally tank to take the 3 seed vs 2 seed, lose homecourt in the 2nd round, just so we don't have to face Boston minus Rondo
    Last edited by purdue101; 03-02-2013 at 06:08 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to purdue101 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the officiating so far is any indication, then Brooklyn is the last team I want to face.

Mood

Man, I want the Bulls in round 1. Especially if Cry Baby Rose is back.

I'd love sticking it to them.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Atlanta

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really don't want to face Atlanta. In the order, I'd take Chicago, Boston, Brooklyn, Atlanta. Plus I want to beat the hell out of the Bulls to avenge our porch being lit on fire.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't want to face Atlanta. In the order, I'd take Chicago, Boston, Brooklyn, Atlanta. Plus I want to beat the hell out of the Bulls to avenge our porch being lit on fire.
    Yeah. I mean, obviously I'll be stoked about ANY series win, but I really want to beat the Bulls. We owe them a couple, no doubt.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Brooklyn. Their not that great. Just gotta stop Lopez.

I think avoiding the Nets is preferable, and on paper, Boston minus Rondo is the least difficult of the 4.
    But funnily enough, even though we might end the regular season a higher seed than all of these teams and have home court advantage,
    it seems there aren't really any favourites in these potential matchups.

Mood

Not to avoid the question, but honestly, I don't care.

If we are on top of our game it really will not matter. We are better than all of the teams listed.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anyone saying Chicago is crazy. They're the best defensive team outside of us and it would likely be a tough, wearing series much like when we faced them in 2010 but with roles reversed. We'd win, but it'd be a physically rough series. And they have a possible poison pill with the return of Rose and with Rose are thereabouts on our level.

I also disagree about Milwaukee and Boston, Boston's play is an abberation. Milwaukee's not much if any better but they can still end up 7. Only two games back. Boston is terribly thin and old.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Jukeb0xHero For This Useful Post:

Chicago has fallen all the way to the 6th seed. I don't want to play them, so we need to stay ahead of New York. I would rather play Boston. Chicago is very physical, and we be beat up by the time we got to the second round. Let Chicago and New York beat each other up.
    Last edited by pacers74; 03-02-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Mood

Bulls or Boston. I always like beating the Bulls. I also like the idea of totally slamming the window on the Boston group. In terms of team reputation I think winning a series against Boston would be really good for us. The idea of going through ye olde Eastern Conference powerhouse...yeah, let me reverse it. Boston or Chicago. Boston has lost a step defensively and we don't need to get beat up on by Chicago so early in the playoffs.

Atlanta and Brooklyn present match-up problems for us. We seem to have a good deal of trouble with those teams.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Cool Re: Atlanta/ Brooklyn/ Boston/ Chicago - Who would you rather the Pacers faced in the 1st round?

Quote Originally Posted by DgR View Post
    I don't get to watch a lot of NBA games since I live on the other side of the world,
    so if I do stay up to watch one, it's obviously gonna be a Pacers game
    Therefore, I'm not too familiar with the other teams' quality, except fot their respective rosters and standings,
    so I was interested to hear some opinions on the possible 1st opponents for the Pacers.

I'm assuming neither the Pacers, Knicks or Heat won't slip up far enough to face each other in the 1st,
    and it's also becoming apparent Milwaukee will finish no higher than 8th, so...

Nets/ Bulls/ Celtics/ Hawks
    They're all good teams - Who would you rather face? Who would you rather avoid? and why?
    I think all four of those teams could give the Pacers problems in the playoffs and it is no certainty that the Pacers can beat any of them...... ...

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Cool Re: Atlanta/ Brooklyn/ Boston/ Chicago - Who would you rather the Pacers faced in the 1st round?

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    Brooklyn. Their not that great. Just gotta stop Lopez.
    I thought this might be toughest matchup of the four teams for the Pacers...... ...

I want the Celtics because I do not believe they are good enough to challenge anyone in the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukeb0xHero View Post
    Anyone saying Chicago is crazy. They're the best defensive team outside of us and it would likely be a tough, wearing series much like when we faced them in 2010 but with roles reversed. We'd win, but it'd be a physically rough series. And they have a possible poison pill with the return of Rose and with Rose are thereabouts on our level.

I also disagree about Milwaukee and Boston, Boston's play is an abberation. Milwaukee's not much if any better but they can still end up 7. Only two games back. Boston is terribly thin and old.
    I would rather watch this series than any others because of how tough both teams are. However, I think the Bulls are the worst draw for us, they are the only team that can out defend and hustle us. The Celtics are around there as well, but I believe without Rondo they don't have the ability to break us down.

In order for teams I would prefer we get (Not for my own entertainment, but for best matchup in Series) I would go: Brooklyn, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago. I just think the Bulls are the toughest out because they are a straight up grind out kind of team. The others aren't the greatest of matchups for us, but in a series our D wears them out I think.

Edit: I would actually prefer Atlanta before Brooklyn even with our history vs. ATL. I don't view them as a good team in a series, we could break them down far easier than the other teams.
    Last edited by Ichi; 03-02-2013 at 10:51 PM.

I'd take on any of them. Atlanta has had our number in the past, but I think their power over the Pacers is seriously waning. Brooklyn might be the toughest opponent other than the Bulls since they are so well coached.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Sports Logo

Atlanta has the least talent but they've ALWAYS owned us, I don't want them at all
    Brooklyn/Chicago could give us problems
    Boston has the most experience but the least talented active roster. They're old and injured. I'd want Boston
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

35. The Following User Says Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post: