View Poll Results: Do you like Danny Granger?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure I do

    160 97.56%
  • I don't particularly like Danny Granger

    4 2.44%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 90 of 90

Thread: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back to the question at hand then, what players do you consider star players?
    Players I consider superstars: Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Westbrook and CP3.

    Stars: Paul George, Melo, Love, Blake, Dwade, Pierce, KG, Harden, Howard, Zbo, Noah, Chandler, Curry, Gasol, Lamarcus, Irving, Lilliard, Parker, Duncan, Rudy Gay(since he got to Toronto), Al Jefferson, Dwill, Horford, Josh Smith, Bosh, Deng, West, Lopez and Boozer to name some players.


    Almost all stars, former stars and future stars(most of them are 6th man): Batum, Crawford, Gallinari, Lawson, JR Smith(yes that guy), Manu, Faried, Holiday, Monta, Jennings, Derozan, Mayo, Ryan Anderson, Pekovic, Millsap, Monroe, George Hill(yes that guy), Iguadola, Danny Granger(100% healthy).



    Note that I might be missing some guys, also note that I'm putting Danny on a list were must of the players are healthy, Danny could be on that list if he gets healthy but for the sake of argument I'm going to put him there.

    Also note that I'm not mentioning Rose, Rondo, Bogut or Bynum because we don't know when those guys are coming back and if they come back we don't know how good they are going to be.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 03-03-2013 at 01:53 PM.

  2. #77
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,643

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Players I consider superstars: Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Westbrook and CP3.

    Stars: Paul George, Melo, Love, Blake, Dwade, Pierce, KG, Harden, Howard, Zbo, Noah, Chandler, Curry, Gasol, Lamarcus, Irving, Lilliard, Parker, Duncan, Rudy Gay(since he got to Toronto), Al Jefferson, Dwill, Horford, Josh Smith, Bosh, Deng, West, Lopez and Boozer to name some players.


    Almost all stars, former stars and future stars(most of them are 6th man): Batum, Crawford, Gallinari, Lawson, JR Smith(yes that guy), Manu, Faried, Holiday, Monta, Jennings, Derozan, Mayo, Ryan Anderson, Pekovic, Millsap, Monroe, George Hill(yes that guy), Iguadola, Danny Granger(100% healthy).



    Note that I might be missing some guys, also note that I'm putting Danny on a list were must of the players are healthy, Danny could be on that list if he gets healthy but for the sake of argument I'm going to put him there.

    Also note that I'm not mentioning Rose, Rondo, Bogut or Bynum because we don't know when those guys are coming back and if they come back we don't know how good they are going to be.
    I certainly disagree with Lopez, Boozer & yes Curry (don't be fooled by his current hot shooting streak he is a one trick pony) on that list but I get what you are saying. I would probably rotate Westbrook & Melo myself but that's just being nit picky.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  3. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I certainly disagree with Lopez, Boozer & yes Curry (don't be fooled by his current hot shooting streak he is a one trick pony) on that list but I get what you are saying. I would probably rotate Westbrook & Melo myself but that's just being nit picky.

    Boozer has been the Bulls best player this year in my opinion(15 and 9), same with Lopez (18.8 and 7.2), Curry has been a good player for a while his only problem is his ankles, I rather have Westbrook than Melo but yeah you can switch those two depending of what you like.


    And I disagree that Curry is one trick pony, he has way to many tools to call him like that.

  4. #79
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,643

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boozer has been the Bulls best player this year in my opinion(15 and 9), same with Lopez (18.8 and 7.2), Curry has been a good player for a while his only problem is his ankles, I rather have Westbrook than Melo but yeah you can switch those two depending of what you like.


    And I disagree that Curry is one trick pony, he has way to many tools to call him like that.
    So then you agree with me about star players then? I also feel that if you are your teams best player you are the star of that team and since you are in the NBA that pretty much makes you a star.

    I mean 15 & 9 is good and all but that doesn't meet Olblu standard of star player, which as I said as long as he is consistent about it which he has been so far is fine.

    I just don't have that high of a standard for a star player, superstar absolutely, but not star.

    We'll just agree to disagree about Curry, don't get me wrong he is a phenom as a shooter but as an overall game? Not really, I think Hill is a better overall player and isn't so far behind him as a shooter that I would trade him for him.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  5. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So then you agree with me about star players then? I also feel that if you are your teams best player you are the star of that team and since you are in the NBA that pretty much makes you a star.
    Not every team best player is an star, is Wall an star at this moment? my guess is nope, is Kemba Walker an star? nope, Monroe? nope, Greivis Vasquez? nope, EJ? nope, I guess you get my point.

    It has been said forever but every NBA team has a guy that has to score points, just because a guy scores those points that doesn't make him an star, that player has to bring more things to the table to be called an star in my opinion.

    I mean 15 & 9 is good and all but that doesn't meet Olblu standard of star player, which as I said as long as he is consistent about it which he has been so far is fine.
    Oldblu doesn't separate superstars and stars, for him Lebron is an star.

    I just don't have that high of a standard for a star player, superstar absolutely, but not star.
    Trust me I know

    We'll just agree to disagree about Curry, don't get me wrong he is a phenom as a shooter but as an overall game? Not really, I think Hill is a better overall player and isn't so far behind him as a shooter that I would trade him for him.
    Curry's overall game is up there when you compare him to the elite point guards, I love Hill but there is no way in hell I would take him over Curry, SC is just in another planet compared to Hill in my opinion.

  6. #81
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,041

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boozer has been the Bulls best player this year in my opinion(15 and 9)
    I don't disagree significantly with your previous post (I agreed with a significant part of it) but I disagree in this one.

    Joakim Noah has been the undisputed best player of the Bulls this year.

    12 PPG, 11.4 RPG, 4.2 APG, 2.3 SPG and 1.3 SPG. He is #3 in scoring, #1 in rebounding, #2 in assists, #1 in blocks and #1 in assists.

    He is also #4 in TS%, #5 in eFG%, #3 in OWS, #1 in DWS (it's the same with ORtg being at #3 and DRtg being at #1) and a clear #1 in total Win Shares.

    He is doing almost everything for the Bulls. He should be the starting Center of the Eastern Conference.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  8. #82
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,700

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not every team best player is an star, is Wall an star at this moment? my guess is nope, is Kemba Walker an star? nope, Monroe? nope, Greivis Vasquez? nope, EJ? nope, I guess you get my point.

    It has been said forever but every NBA team has a guy that has to score points, just because a guy scores those points that doesn't make him an star, that player has to bring more things to the table to be called an star in my opinion.



    Oldblu doesn't separate superstars and stars, for him Lebron is an star.



    Trust me I know



    Curry's overall game is up there when you compare him to the elite point guards, I love Hill but there is no way in hell I would take him over Curry, SC is just in another planet compared to Hill in my opinion.
    Yet you claim Orlando Johnson a better player than Danny Granger, going over your list and where you put Danny I can make a case you simply hate Danny Granger, want to prove you know it all better and fail miserably in doing so, in short you are projecting YOUR shortcomings on DG and us, please refrain, you (IMO; and no humble I am not) you are insane.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  9. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yet you claim Orlando Johnson a better player than Danny Granger, going over your list and where you put Danny I can make a case you simply hate Danny Granger, want to prove you know it all better and fail miserably in doing so, in short you are projecting YOUR shortcomings on DG and us, please refrain, you (IMO; and no humble I am not) you are insane.
    I'm putting Danny on the same list as guys as Iguadola, Faried and others and I hate him? stop it.

    Your crazy talk is one of the reasons why Danny is such a polarizing player around here, you are always accusing people of making rumors and hating Danny Granger, funny that you are the one accusing others of hate but you are the main guy that always comes out of nowhere to talk s*** about West and Tyler, is Paul George now on your s*** list?

  10. #84
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,700

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm putting Danny on the same list as guys as Iguadola, Faried and others and I hate him? stop it.

    Your crazy talk is one of the reasons why Danny is such a polarizing player around here, you are always accusing people of making rumors and hating Danny Granger, funny that you are the one accusing others of hate but you are the main guy that always comes out of nowhere to talk s*** about West and Tyler, is Paul George now on your s*** list?
    I will give you an hour to prove what you are accusing me off, with your normal wish-wash bs statements, show me all those posts I make that "hate on" all the players you mention, if you cant I expect you to come true to your earlier statement about being done posting here, if not I will gladly help you along.

    Don't put non-existent posts in my mouth or where-ever get a life and own up to being the poster you are, a malcontent nitwit.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  11. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will give you an hour to prove what you are accusing me off, with your normal wish-wash bs statements, show me all those posts I make that "hate on" all the players you mention, if you cant I expect you to come true to your earlier statement about being done posting here, if not I will gladly help you along.

    Don't put non-existent posts in my mouth or where-ever get a life and own up to being the poster you are, a malcontent nitwit.
    Yes I am malcontent lol

    Here is one of your post out of nowhere about David West(I thanked that post by the way)

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    trolls have taken over these threads that is for sure and David West being where he is supposed to be on help defense will be the 1st time in quite a while, i'll help the trolls. he is a liability on defense.
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...58#post1573958



    Here is another post I thanked:

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean like the "no-defence" he has been playing lately? or the revolving head defence?

    The last 3 games he has been at the very best a liability on defence, and more likely an outright disaster. his help is non-existent and it is way to easy for opponents to attack Roy who than does his thing and stops it, for someone to hand the ball off to West's guy, since West will be enjoying a court-side view of the play, without interfering, not to mention his rebounding mantra off late (and it infeceted Tyler as well) "if the ball lands near me I will lift a finger, but don't expect me to stretch all the way!"

    If you take in to consideration that our two wingplayers each had more rebounds than either of our PF's even if you count them together, than I rest my case.

    West' play and Hill of late are purely there for offense they enjoy, and want to take, please don't tell me Hill can distribute, because he sure hasn't shown it off late and his defence is "when I am in the neighbourhood" kind of defence, it plain sucks

    While West may have improved over last year, in the last few weeks he has regressed far beyond that, and is a net minus.
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...09#post1574609

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    West is simply a liability on defence, dare I say even worse than Hans at the moment, sad sad sad, and I don't care one bit about his scoring ability if he scores 29 a game and don't play defense, we never gonna win, he makes Randolph look like Kareem!
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...75#post1555275



    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if I never have to see Hansbrough play again I will count it as a blessing
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...01#post1543301


    Here is the one post of you thinking that someway somehow I am been the one making those rumors up:

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    VNZLA Bird has said more then once DG wont be traded for reasons of loyalty, something that also binds people to a team, now i know it is something totally stange to you, seeing as you are trading our roster on a regular base, but there are also people who think the same way in ways of loyalty.

    I for one am with Peck, no need to trade granger, get a better player alongside him and until PG has proven he is better then DG it is not even in the discussion that he is hindered by position or not, DG got the same minutes and was a far better platyer at the ned of year 2

    It is the continuous beating of a totally dead horse you are doing that gets on people's nerve; we know how you think about granger, for the sake of humanity i ask you friendly to drop the stick and concentrate on another trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so you couldn't get a favorable reply to your trade danny ideas here, so a "leading question" is asked on an internet forum
    *
    Granger not for sale.
    *
    -eof-
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...90#post1343390

    And more Tyler hate:

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I nearly choked if Hans is useful (anywhere but sitting down) DC is probably the best rebounder in the league, Tyler is an absolute wast of a high pick

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I was not half as impressed with Tyler as you (of course I can't be either) I personally think he sets better screens for Orlando than they themselves could and he did that on at least 4 occassions.

    I am starting to crinch whenever T gets the ball and I consider us lucky his pokes were not called as a foul, speaking of which;

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i wonder why on God's green earth we are playing Tyler
    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well since Peck cornered the phrase, you are off your rocker!

    With Tyler best you can hope for he does not to much damage to your score and team when he is out there missingdefensive assignments and getting in the way on offensive ones, blocking out his own team mates on rebounds etc.
    Not to mention that you often wondere which number will be bigger Hibberts' blocks or Tylers; blocks against him.

    Don't start comparing West and Tyler, it is like a Roller and a beetle, the 2 simply don't compare.
    While I a not always happy with West, I will never make the mistake to think we have anyone on our roster that could play the 4 close to like he can and does.

    Our guards for the most part however are simply incapable of getting a ball into the post in a timely fashion, perhaps they think the defense wont try to push them back out again, grab push shove and kick to regain poition.
    That however i think is conditioning, like Pavlov did, and that is a coach's job and frankly I am utterly dissapointed that after a full season we still are unable to do so.

    Finally I think to cover that up we went a lot with West in the beginning, where we should have established Roy, and hadour guards drive and get their "bigs" in to foultrouble, no such thing happened, so as far as i am concerned i put this loss for 80% on the coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    compare Paul George from last season to this season, he added to his skills.
    compare Roy Hibbert from last season to this season, he added to his skills.

    Tyler added nothing since he arrived 3 years ago, limited training? I say most of them used the added time off to work hard on their game, I heard from most players where they were and what they were doing, all except Tyler.
    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    really getting rid of tyler would probably be the best move we can make

    Thanks for giving me an hour though...
    Last edited by vnzla81; 03-03-2013 at 07:27 PM.

  12. #86
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,700

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    I should have given you more time, you could have come up with more than posts from last year and posts saying West' defence is poor, which at that time it definitely was, oh wait eve Peck has that wrong as well of course.
    And I don't "hate" Tyler, but I think I say noting wrong if I say he's not worth the high pick we used on him, not by a long shot.
    Unless of course you are going to declare Tyler better than DG too, but hey you love DG right?

    You can take any quote of me out of context and make it look like it is supporting your case, it is not of course, nowhere near, no matter what you think.

    you against the world and we are all wrong; "you guys" or "you people" are your favourite but hey you are never wrong.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  13. #87
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,262
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    I call BS on the results of this poll. I see WAY too much Granger hate around here for him to have a 97.5% "like" result among the 162 (so far) posters who voted. Some of the poeple that claim they "like" him, are flat out lying.

    For the record, I have always liked Granger. Not blindly, I do recognize he's not a superstar and that his game has limitations. But that doesn't mean that I don't like him or having him on my favorite team.
    Last edited by travmil; 03-04-2013 at 09:23 AM.

  14. #88
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,361

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I call BS on the results of this poll. I see WAY too much Granger hate around here for him to have a 97.5% "like" result among the 162 (so far) posters who voted. Some of the poeple that claim they "like" him, are flat out lying.

    For the record, I have always liked Granger. Not blindly, I do recognize he's not a superstar and that his game has limitations. But that doesn't mean that I don't like him or having him on my favorite team.
    Vocal minority, silent majority.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  15. #89
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    When you look at we got out of him for someone picked at number 17 in the draft, it is hard to complain.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  17. #90
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think blaming JOB for Danny's poor defense is a stretch. Defense is mainly effort and Danny has never give a great effort on the defensive end of the floor.... ...
    never? This is simply not true. Danny Granger of his first three years was a great two way player. Something happened the year he made the all star game....you don't want to blame the environment the coach had clearly created, but I think that is just as fair as outright deciding that Granger stopped caring about defense all by himself.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 200
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 09:13 AM
  2. Pulse of the fan base: Lance vs DC
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 11:47 PM
  3. Who is like danny Granger?
    By spazzxb in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 12:03 AM
  4. Danny Granger
    By DaSMASH in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 03:24 PM
  5. DANNY GRANGER: FROM S.I.
    By odeez in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 02:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •