View Poll Results: Do you like Danny Granger?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure I do

    160 97.56%
  • I don't particularly like Danny Granger

    4 2.44%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 90

Thread: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

  1. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    I like Danny the person, I'm not a huge Danny the player fan, he plays D when he wants to and takes a lot of bad shots(even this year).

    What I hate is the Danny Granger fanboys, they act like Danny is the best thing that happen to the Pacers since the franchise open, talking about trading Danny or keeping on the bench is frown upon and the fan boys would attack whoever says anything about those two issues.

  2. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought it was gonna be a certain Monta Ellis fan...
    Yes I'm a Monta fan but I see that you missed my point(like always), I wanted to trade Danny for Monta(or a good package) because I expected(like a bunch of NBA teams) that his knees were not going to stay healthy.

    I guess that some people don't learn their lesson after seen what happened to Suckleavy, JO, Foster and others...

  3. #28
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,318

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Arrow Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Danny the person, I'm not a huge Danny the player fan, he plays D when he wants to and takes a lot of bad shots(even this year).

    What I hate is the Danny Granger fanboys, they act like Danny is the best thing that happen to the Pacers since the franchise open, talking about trading Danny or keeping on the bench is frown upon and the fan boys would attack whoever says anything about those two issues.
    See the thing I don't get is why guys like Paul George and Lance get a pass for poor shot selection, but Danny is like this chucker who shoots it everytime he gets the rock. Danny's game is the mid range J, either off the bounce or out of the post. His shooting percentages in his WORST yr are comparable to PG's this yr(and Danny even averages more points) yet he's criticized for poor shot selection?

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  5. #29
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,318

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure I understand the question. I've never been particularly high on Granger's game. I prefer my tall/strong swing man to be able to finish powerfully at the rim, and that's never been his game. I also have at times questioned his commitment to defense and he has shot us out of many games. I also really disliked the narrative that he was stepping back last year, when reality was he was chucking as much as ever and connecting at an embarrassing low rate for the majority of the season.

    That doesn't mean I haven't appreciated the fact that he's been a very good player in the past, even with his limitations.
    15fga a game is far from chucking more than ever.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  7. #30

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Having earlier stated that Danny is my 2nd favorite NM Lobo, and his stock has continued to grow with me, I suppose my vote is not in question. Danny stayed with the Pacers after being an All Star, even taking less money than the open market would maybe have given him. If he is healthy next year, I doubt he will give much discount on his last long term contract and will leave the Ps. I would like to see us retire him as a Pacer when he is ready to go.

  8. #31
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,293

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See the thing I don't get is why guys like Paul George and Lance get a pass for poor shot selection, but Danny is like this chucker who shoots it everytime he gets the rock. Danny's game is the mid range J, either off the bounce or out of the post. His shooting percentages in his WORST yr are comparable to PG's this yr(and Danny even averages more points) yet he's criticized for poor shot selection?
    I don't think Danny is a chucker. The knock on Danny is that his FG% has continued to drop each and every year since 2008-2009. Combine that with the fact he has been, at best, an average defender...well, that's the issue. I do think he stepped up his D last year, so props on that. But he's not on the same planet with Paul George in that department. Danny is not far removed from being an average NBA defender...even today.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  10. #32
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,341

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Of course I like DG33. But would I be sad if he was traded for pieces/pick that could ultimately help this team financially and player wise, then no. Would I be sad if he's not traded. Absolutely not.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  11. #33
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Reggie sucked me into the Pacers franchise, and Danny wouldn't let me leave.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  13. #34
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What I hate is the Danny Granger fanboys, they act like Danny is the best thing that happen to the Pacers since the franchise open, talking about trading Danny or keeping on the bench is frown upon and the fan boys would attack whoever says anything about those two issues.
    There's a bit of a difference between someone having their objectivity slightly disabled (due to not wanting to see someone they've become attached to leave) and thinking said person is the best thing to even happen to the franchise. Has the term 'fan boy' ever elicited a positive reaction from anyone?

    I think you can acknowledge Danny's shortcomings while also feeling the effects of his potential departure. There is some middle ground (i.e. this is not the game of thrones).

  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  15. #35
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    This is such a weird question. Two options? The answers are uninformative. I like everyone on the Pacers.

  16. #36
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Of course, he gave us his best years when the team wasn't up to snuff outside of himself. He's still a very high level player and should perform admirably now that he has 2-3 other players on the team that are as good or better than himself. I've been encouraged by the last two games, I thought he would be rusty for a little bit longer, and his defense on Rudy Gay last night, especially in the post, is a microcosm of what he can bring on that end of the floor in addition to what we all know he can bring in the scoring department.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  18. #37
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    I thought it would've been Croz and Vnzla. However, now I am enlightened as to why Vnzla wanted Monta. The more you know.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  19. #38
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,649

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Honestly I believe that if the 2005 draft could be done over again it would be as follows.

    1. Chris Paul
    2. Deron Williams
    3. Danny Granger
    4. David Lee
    5. Monta Ellis

    Obviously drafting is equal parts art & science and frankly I have come to the conclusion that the people making the decisions for us are very good at their jobs.

    Now you can make an argument that Lee now would be over Granger but I think career wise Danny has been better long term but he is aging more rapidly than Lee.

    Either way sure is a far cry from the 17th pick where we got him and really he is only behind two of the greatest point guards to play in this day and age.

    Don’t think that Toronto wouldn’t like to go back and have a do over with picking Joey Graham at 16? Or Minnesota taking Rashard McCants at 14? Or the Warriors taking Ike Diogu at 9?

    Between Danny being a top 3 IMO but no more than top 5 by almost anyone’s account in that draft and Roy being a top 10 player and for all intents and purposes Paul being a top 2 if not the number 1 player for him draft its no wonder our team is in the condition it is in. Wise drafting goes so much further than tanking that it’s almost comical.

    I am not ashamed to admit that I am a Danny Granger fan. For every reason that has ever been listed before and for that article that told me that Danny is gracefully accepting that he is now entering the sunset of his career, even if it is a few years away.

    I just want to enjoy the time we have left together whether it be the rest of this season or for seasons to come (I hope the latter honestly) and I just no longer want to care about the rivalry between Danny & Paul because it only exists on the internet where people need to conflict with one another.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  21. #39
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,649

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Danny the person, I'm not a huge Danny the player fan, he plays D when he wants to and takes a lot of bad shots(even this year).

    What I hate is the Danny Granger fanboys, they act like Danny is the best thing that happen to the Pacers since the franchise open, talking about trading Danny or keeping on the bench is frown upon and the fan boys would attack whoever says anything about those two issues.
    I know we have talked about this before but in all honesty who besides the one poster on here would you consider to be this way? I would hope that after all of this time you know that while I love Granger I am more than willing to concede that he has faults and does not fall into the superstar category. I'm not like Olblu in the fact that I have a slightly lower standard for what is a star in the NBA so in my definition Danny fits the star category but I understand where he is coming from and respect that he has a very high standard for what is a star and he seems to be consistent about that so I have no complaint there.

    I hope you don't mistake someone defending Danny against attacks as being a love struck fan boy.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  23. #40
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,318

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Danny is a chucker. The knock on Danny is that his FG% has continued to drop each and every year since 2008-2009. Combine that with the fact he has been, at best, an average defender...well, that's the issue. I do think he stepped up his D last year, so props on that. But he's not on the same planet with Paul George in that department. Danny is not far removed from being an average NBA defender...even today.
    I agree with this 100%. My argument wasnt that Danny is better, bc he's not at all. I was talking merely in FGA and shot selection.

  24. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    15fga a game is far from chucking more than ever.
    "As much as," is a phrase meaning equivalence, not an increase as your phrase MORE THAN would indicate. Essentially you are quoting me and disagreeing with a statement I didn't make. Half the reason I barely post here is people seem to be unable to read without taking things in a direction they don't mean.

    Danny Granger shots per game 2010-2011 season: 15.9
    Danny Granger shots per game 2011-2012 season: 15.2

    He shot the ball basically the same number of times per game, and yet the narrative on this board all season long was how gracefully he's taken a step back to give more shots to the additions of West and Hill. Clearly that narrative was not based in any statistical reality, making my statement correct -- unless you really believe .7 shots a game is a meaningful step back.

    Anyway, Danny Granger has been a very good basketball player here. He hasn't been exactly what I'd choose out of a small forward of his talent level, but he's been good. Far better than anyone should expect out of a mid first round pick. I'm sorry preferring someone with more finishing ability, better shot selection, and a larger commitment to defense makes me that guy, but I don't feel my position is unreasonable. Like I said, I appreciate what he's done here, but I don't prefer his style or the fabricated narratives. Don't make my statements into something they aren't.

  25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:


  26. #42
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,318

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "As much as," is a phrase meaning equivalence, not an increase as your phrase MORE THAN would indicate. Essentially you are quoting me and disagreeing with a statement I didn't make. Half the reason I barely post here is people seem to be unable to read without taking things in a direction they don't mean.

    Danny Granger shots per game 2010-2011 season: 15.9
    Danny Granger shots per game 2011-2012 season: 15.2

    He shot the ball basically the same number of times per game, and yet the narrative on this board all season long was how gracefully he's taken a step back to give more shots to the additions of West and Hill. Clearly that narrative was not based in any statistical reality, making my statement correct -- unless you really believe .7 shots a game is a meaningful step back.

    Anyway, Danny Granger has been a very good basketball player here. He hasn't been exactly what I'd choose out of a small forward of his talent level, but he's been good. Far better than anyone should expect out of a mid first round pick. I'm sorry preferring someone with more finishing ability, better shot selection, and a larger commitment to defense makes me that guy, but I don't feel my position is unreasonable. Like I said, I appreciate what he's done here, but I don't prefer his style or the fabricated narratives. Don't make my statements into something they aren't.
    "As much as ever" is technically false...by about .7 FGA/gm..lol if you wanna look at it factually lol.

    But seriously, i simply misread your statement. And I can appreciate your point of view on Danny. You think he should be better while I feel he pretty much maxed out his abilities (ability not effort) for someone that didnt exactly hit the genetic lottery.

    But I wasn't trying to twist anything, just disagreed

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  28. #43

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    talking about trading Danny or keeping on the bench is frown upon and the fan boys would attack whoever says anything about those two issues.
    It's not the idea of trading Danny that is frowned upon. That's an interesting discussion and it's great to hear everyone's opinion on it. But once we've heard the opinions, it's not interesting to hear them again and again and again from the same people in multiple threads. Then it becomes something other than expressing an opinion.

  29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  30. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "As much as ever" is technically false...by about .7 FGA/gm..lol if you wanna look at it factually lol.

    But seriously, i simply misread your statement. And I can appreciate your point of view on Danny. You think he should be better while I feel he pretty much maxed out his abilities (ability not effort) for someone that didnt exactly hit the genetic lottery.

    But I wasn't trying to twist anything, just disagreed

    Yea, sorry. I might be over defensive here at this point. I don't think he should be better, for the record, I think he's surpassed anything we should have expected of him. I do think he should shoot less and shoot only better looks...and bring it on the defensive end.

  31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:


  32. #45
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    A few years ago, it seemed like he would just shoot the ball and not play defense or play hard in general. Now he plays hard every play
    Smothered Chicken!

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:


  34. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know we have talked about this before but in all honesty who besides the one poster on here would you consider to be this way?
    Not going to name people but I'm pretty sure that is more than one poster.

    I would hope that after all of this time you know that while I love Granger I am more than willing to concede that he has faults and does not fall into the superstar category. I'm not like Olblu in the fact that I have a slightly lower standard for what is a star in the NBA so in my definition Danny fits the star category but I understand where he is coming from and respect that he has a very high standard for what is a star and he seems to be consistent about that so I have no complaint there.
    I know you don't think he is a superstar but you still think he is an star and when somebody think otherwise you think people are trashing Danny and hate him.

    I hope you don't mistake someone defending Danny against attacks as being a love struck fan boy.
    The thing is that nobody(other than croz) is attacking Danny, you people (see what I'm doing here? ) are the ones that get all defensive when in reality nobody is trashing or hating on the guy.

  35. #47
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,649

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A few years ago, it seemed like he would just shoot the ball and not play defense or play hard in general. Now he plays hard every play
    I hate to say it but it is pretty much true.

    The difference is the coach.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  37. #48
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,649

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not going to name people but I'm pretty sure that is more than one poster.



    I know you don't think he is a superstar but you still think he is an star and when somebody think otherwise you think people are trashing Danny and hate him.



    The thing is that nobody(other than croz) is attacking Danny, you people (see what I'm doing here? ) are the ones that get all defensive when in reality nobody is trashing or hating on the guy.
    At this point in time? No, you are correct for the most part everyone is quick to agree that he isn't what he used to be due to the injury so even fans are accepting that right now he has to at the very least work his way back into game shape.

    However there certainly was a point in time that people felt the need to trash Danny to elevate Paul. I hope that article and the fact that Danny seems willing to step back puts that to bed.

    Hey you should be happy with me, I elevated your boy Ellis up to the top 5 of that draft class and that is an even bigger jump than Danny's was.

    If nothing else I hope you watched last nights game and saw the defense Danny played on Gay for a short time, it really was quite impressive from the standpoint of leverage, knowledge and strength.

    There is no doubt Paul George is the better defender but Danny has really got some quality veteran moves on defense.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  38. #49
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,649

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    [QUOTE=vnzla81;1599267]

    I know you don't think he is a superstar but you still think he is an star and when somebody think otherwise you think people are trashing Danny and hate him.


    Okay I'm not sure you & I have ever had this debate before, if we have I don't remember it.

    If we both concede he is not a superstar then do you not consider him a star either?

    You don't have to define star but just give me some examples of who fits the star category for you. Also let me make sure to be clear here, I'm talking about the healthy Danny Granger. Obviously he is not a star caliber player at the moment.

    But go back a year or two, was he a star then? But really I'm more interested in seeing who you have as a star player.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  39. #50
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pulse of the fan base 3/2/13: Do you like Danny Granger?

    Danny was a light in the dark. Danny has had a ruff start, but he will have a strong finish. Here's to the coexistence of Paul and Danny.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 200
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 09:13 AM
  2. Pulse of the fan base: Lance vs DC
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 11:47 PM
  3. Who is like danny Granger?
    By spazzxb in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 12:03 AM
  4. Danny Granger
    By DaSMASH in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 03:24 PM
  5. DANNY GRANGER: FROM S.I.
    By odeez in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 02:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •