Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

  1. #1
    Banned JOneal7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,446

    Default Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    Because he won a title? I suppose Robinson had nothing to do with that? He averages more points? is that why? that bank shot is all he can hit! Better Defender? Someone tell me what the hecks so special about Tim Friggin Duncan...why people think "Duncan,Manu,Parker" have a better shot to win the title than "JO,Sjax,Tinsley" ?

  2. #2
    stipo
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    I like JO, but comparing him with Duncan? We've been over this haven't we?

    Duncan's better at Passing, Rebounding, Clutch shots, + he's one of the smartest guys in the league.

  3. #3
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    Duncan is better at everything, when compared to JO. Except dunking, jumping, athletic feats.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  4. #4
    Banned JOneal7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,446

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    duncans boring...JO's Exciting...JO>Duncan

  5. #5
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    Quote Originally Posted by JOneal7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    duncans boring...JO's Exciting...JO>Duncan
    That's your criteria?

    And I've been accused of having no basketball knowledge today??
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  6. #6
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,165

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    Duncan is smarter and more fundamental. JO is more athletic.

  7. #7
    Pacers fan in FL Deadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    1,936

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    If you're going to make your ruling like that, then you should change the title of the thread.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    Better scorer
    Better passer
    Better rebounder
    Better defender
    Two rings
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  9. #9
    Free Artest
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    I disagree with better defender. JO is the better shot blocker, gets more steals, and is quicker and more active on the defensive end.

  10. #10
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,051
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    Quote Originally Posted by Free Artest
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree with better defender. JO is the better shot blocker, gets more steals, and is quicker and more active on the defensive end.
    I don't agree with the shot blocking and the steals.

    Look at the stats.

  11. #11
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,051
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    Quote Originally Posted by JOneal7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    duncans boring...JO's Exciting...JO>Duncan
    Haha. That's a nice requirement. Duncan is the epitome of fundamental. He is truly awesome.

  12. #12
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    Even without the stats, Duncan is a better post defender, so getting blocks and steals is not really part of his job description. (And post Brad Miller and before the David Harrison era really gets started, its no longer part of JO's job description, either.)
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  13. #13
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,708

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    The biggest deference is body type. TD has a much wider base, that allows him to clear space and create space to get good position to score, rebound and defend. That is why J.O gets his shot blocked so often. Defenders can get to his shot because J.O is slight, whereas TD is much broader and defenders can't get as close to him. Hope that makes sense.

  14. #14
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    Duncan=2 rings JO=0 rings(That will change ) Anyway I would say Duncan is in his prime now.JO hasn't even hit his yet
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  15. #15
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The biggest deference is body type. TD has a much wider base, that allows him to clear space and create space to get good position to score, rebound and defend. That is why J.O gets his shot blocked so often. Defenders can get to his shot because J.O is slight, whereas TD is much broader and defenders can't get as close to him. Hope that makes sense.
    I think that was true, even last year. But JO's up to 260 lbs. now. I think his core has filled out considerably. JO's biceps are huge, but this last ten pounds was gained in the trunk and hips.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  16. #16
    Member Alabama-Redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lake Guntersville, Alabama
    Age
    72
    Posts
    1,686

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Better scorer
    Better passer
    Better rebounder
    Better defender
    Two rings
    I think that was true but the gap is getting smaller and smaller. I don't know if it will ever close but there is not that much difference now. JO needs to be a better passer out of the double team but the other 3 are very close.


  17. #17
    Guaransheed
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    JO has never shot .490% where as Duncan has never shot worse than that same .490%

  18. #18
    Pistons_fan
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    Quote Originally Posted by JOneal7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    duncans boring...JO's Exciting...JO>Duncan
    whats so exciting about JO bricking 90% of his 15-18 foot jump shots? JO can't play inside consistantly, is a worse scorer, rebounder, passer and defender

    anyone who even asks this question needs to learn the game.

  19. #19
    Member Alabama-Redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lake Guntersville, Alabama
    Age
    72
    Posts
    1,686

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ithrewthecup
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JO has never shot .490% where as Duncan has never shot worse than that same .490%
    And since Jo's improvement, he has never had consistent outside shooting to draw the defense away from the middle and your point is??


  20. #20
    canyoufeelit
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Is Duncan better then JO?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pistons_fan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    whats so exciting about JO bricking 90% of his 15-18 foot jump shots? JO can't play inside consistantly, is a worse scorer, rebounder, passer and defender

    anyone who even asks this question needs to learn the game.
    http://82games.com/04IND15A.HTM

    Jump 64% .400

    He has a .400 FG% on jumpshots, not .100. Still not great though

    Inside 36% .583

    Those are great numbers for working inside though, but he should be taking more than 36% of his shots from inside

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •