Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger and Paul George have unique bond that makes Pacers real threat in East (Article about Granger/George)

Default Re: Danny Granger and Paul George have unique bond that makes Pacers real threat in East (Article about Granger/George)

Great post...great chemistry...I've always said this...dont trade Granger...we have a solid core (which is all of our starting 5).

I am just waiting for Granger to get back into shape and we'll be contenders in no time
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger and Paul George have unique bond that makes Pacers real threat in East (Article about Granger/George)

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this current teams its first ever NBA championship, the whole team will get their names up in the rafters.
    Who woulda thunk that Miles Plumlee would get his name in the rafters.... Maybe, just maybe, the brass was right about him!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Man, we are getting a ton of positive press.

What has changed? We're winning.

The substrate for good stories has always been there (at least for past 2-3 years)... what's changed is that we're now winning.

Winning will cure everything. Winning is fundamental to all of the other things we need to bring fans back, etc.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Knew this was going to be a really good article since reading that George and Granger are studs on Fifa

Such a pleasant read, really. Heart felt words and mutual respect which makes me feel even better for this team and more confident. There is no reason not to feel optimistic this season. A young team with great present and future, an emerging superstar player, a very good record so far despite the obstacles from the beginning of the season, a great locker room atmosphere and a young and upcoming HC with some very good technical staff to accompany him.

Wow....just wow.

I hope there is some way Granger can play out his career as a Pacer.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Clear chemistry issues here. Just don't see how they will ever coexist.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

What a great read. Everyone should do two things: 1) click the link to get this guy some hits. 2) share this on every social media platform you subscribe to. Who knows, maybe this will show the non-hardcore fans what this team about and maybe he will write more Pacers' related material in the future. What a great way to start my day!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HickeyS2000 For This Useful Post:

Also, what did Danny do to his finger?

My final thought, Danny is just an incredible human being.

But when he says a lot of what he is saying, it is almost like he knows. I would love for Danny to end the career as a Pacer, but the writing seems to be on the wall. We may be watching the last 40 or so games of #33.

Sad.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    My final thought, Danny is just an incredible human being.

But when he says a lot of what he is saying, it is almost like he knows. I would love for Danny to end the career as a Pacer, but the writing seems to be on the wall. We may be watching the last 40 or so games of #33.

Sad.
    Not necessarily. Reggie "passed the torch" long before he actually retired.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Not necessarily. Reggie "passed the torch" long before he actually retired.
    Yeah, but he was an old guy who was only getting paid 5 million a year in his last two seasons. If DG can play an entire season healthy at a reasonably high level next year, then another team will almost certainly offer him some decent money. We already have a lot of money invested in Roy and George Hill. We must pay David West if we want to remain a contender. Also, PG is obviously going to get a huge payday down the line. Lance might be playing his way into a decent contract. At the end of the day, there just probably won't be enough money to keep Granger beyond 2014 if another team is dangling a nice offer in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Yeah, but he was an old guy who was only getting paid 5 million a year in his last two seasons. If DG can play an entire season healthy at a reasonably high level next year, then another team will almost certainly offer him some decent money. We already have a lot of money invested in Roy and George Hill. We must pay David West if we want to remain a contender. Also, PG is obviously going to get a huge payday down the line. Lance might be playing his way into a decent contract. At the end of the day, there just probably won't be enough money to keep Granger beyond 2014 if another team is dangling a nice offer in front of him.
    Reading things like this shows that Danny has some sentimental value to the current team, and vice versa. If there were ever a time to find a "middle ground" for a guy and a team, this would be it.

Plus at 31, with a somewhat troublesome knee--why would Danny want to go elsewhere? Why not stay with the team that drafted him, that values him more, and that has players that genuinely care for him. Even if he starts coming off the bench as a glorified bench player down the line, I think we see DG retire a Pacer.

I can only hope...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Reading things like this shows that Danny has some sentimental value to the current team, and vice versa. If there were ever a time to find a "middle ground" for a guy and a team, this would be it.

Plus at 31, with a somewhat troublesome knee--why would Danny want to go elsewhere? Why not stay with the team that drafted him, that values him more, and that has players that genuinely care for him. Even if he starts coming off the bench as a glorified bench player down the line, I think we see DG retire a Pacer.

I can only hope...

I think it just depends how good he plays next year. If he is healthy all year next year and puts up some numbers, then someone out there will likely dangle a nice offer in front of him. I don't think sentimentality goes very far nowadays. Roy would have easily moved on in Portland if we didn't match.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Danny just came off to me as very reflective in all of his comments. He is a pro's pro. He was mana from heaven when this team was wandering in the desert. A guy who would play Guitar hero with 8 year olds at a team event and then go put up 30 on Lebron James, maybe those points were "empty" as some claim, on a lossing team going nowhere, but they were important. Danny was a PR dream when this team desperately needed it. He has never complained, he has never whined, he has just played and that is what he is doing now. If these are the last pages of Danny's career as a Pacer, I can safely say that he has made me proud to support this franchise. The hours of living and dying with a ****** *** team featuring Troy Murphy all have been made worth it.

I mean it when I say it, all Pacers fans owe Danny a debt.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I appreciate Danny a lot, but i'm not ready to hoist him in the air and warship him. I need him to get back to his old self and help get this team to the Finals at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I think it just depends how good he plays next year. If he is healthy all year next year and puts up some numbers, then someone out there will likely dangle a nice offer in front of him. I don't think sentimentality goes very far nowadays. Roy would have easily moved on in Portland if we didn't match.
    Perhaps not, but being on a contender does. I remain skeptical that Danny (i.e., his agent) will demand similar pay in his next contract. In a bitter-sweet way, I hope that he embraces an "over-30" future with more protected minutes ... and adjusts his pay demands accordingly. If we make the Eastern Conference finals this year and can keep him (beyond next season) for under $10M, done deal IMO.
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

25. The Following User Says Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:

Danny just came off to me as very reflective in all of his comments. He is a pro's pro. He was mana from heaven when this team was wandering in the desert. A guy who would play Guitar hero with 8 year olds at a team event and then go put up 30 on Lebron James, maybe those points were "empty" as some claim, on a lossing team going nowhere, but they were important. Danny was a PR dream when this team desperately needed it. He has never complained, he has never whined, he has just played and that is what he is doing now. If these are the last pages of Danny's career as a Pacer, I can safely say that he has made me proud to support this franchise. The hours of living and dying with a ****** *** team featuring Troy Murphy all have been made worth it.

I mean it when I say it, all Pacers fans owe Danny a debt.
    I do feel for him in that his physical peak coincided with the years our roster was garbage.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You guys crack me up...seriously...you cant stand prosperity or experience something so positive without trying to find something negative. To read this piece and somehow get that Danny will be traded is the mystery underlying message if you read between the lines...well....thats just plain nuts. Not to mention totally ignorant of how both Larry Bird and even Donnie Walsh work. If you get that message from this article then you absolutely, positively missed the exact point of the article.

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    You guys crack me up...seriously...you cant stand prosperity or experience something so positive without trying to find something negative. To read this piece and somehow get that Danny will be traded is the mystery underlying message if you read between the lines...well....thats just plain nuts. Not to mention totally ignorant of how both Larry Bird and even Donnie Walsh work. If you get that message from this article then you absolutely, positively missed the exact point of the article.
    Overreacting much? No one is trying to be negative. Just being honest.

And bringing up Larry Bird? He's not around anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    We all appreciate the article. But that doesn't mean that the discussion can't expand into other directions like most threads here do.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

It is just a reality that if Granger is a guy that is worth keeping, he's going to be nearly impossible to keep.

West is a no-brainer. George is a no-brainer. We already have made our bed with Hibbert and Hill. Where is the money going to come from?

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Money Oak

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    It is just a reality that if Granger is a guy that is worth keeping, he's going to be nearly impossible to keep.
    That's the best way to phrase it.

If we keep him, then it likely means that he isn't the player he used to be and was unable to get attractive offers from anywhere else. But if next season he plays like the player he used to be, then we will almost certainly be unable to keep him.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Overreacting much? No one is trying to be negative. Just being honest.

And bringing up Larry Bird? He's not around anymore.
    Honest? honest about what? nothing about what you said was honest....anyone that says they feel danny was being reflective and is on his way out is not being honest, they are being incredibly pessimistic....and as i said...you combine that with ignorance for both how Donnie and Larry Bird have worked to put this team together as well as teams in the past...and its just ridiculous to think Danny is about to be traded....just as its ridiculous to think Larry "isnt around anymore"...yea...ok...

Nice article and I love the team, and will continue to live and die with every game and every play, and yes I think the Pacers can beat any team in a 7 game series.

However, looking at the NBA as objectively as I can. I think the Spurs, Thunder and Heat are better than the Pacers. Pacers are 4th best, I'm convinced of that. If there are injuries that might change things for sure. And the pacers would only have to beat 2 of those three teams and I am not suggesting the pacers cannot beat them, but I still think those teams are better.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post: