Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Arbitrator - Reduces JO's to 15 games

Default Re: Arbitrator - Reduces JO's to 15 games

Quote Originally Posted by Pistons_fan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HAHAHA that had me rolling

I think It's time mommy gave you your bottle.
    I think it's time you pipe down, you are passing a line that is described by "normal" people as "trolling" and one that is at the very least "frowned" upon here and usually results in bans.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Telling him to calm down, and then sliding that in there is not very effective.
    True. But, it's a fact. He is a child.

I can't stop him from making stupid comments and throwing uninformed insults, but someone needs to.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    That is better than contending for a title, only to be shot in the foot by a player who can't take the pressure.

Like I said - typical backwards loser logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder
    True. But, it's a fact. He is a child.

I can't stop him from making stupid comments and throwing uninformed insults, but someone needs to.
    His way of expressing might be slightly different and is not condoned, but provocation, certainly in light of the outcome of the ruling, is something not to be overlooked first.

Pistons_fan

Quote Originally Posted by able
    I think it's time you pipe down, you are passing a line that is described by "normal" people as "trolling" and one that is at the very least "frowned" upon here and usually results in bans.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up.
    I'm only stating my opinion, It's not me who is throwing out insults. Or do you allow that here? I wish the Pacers luck for saturday but I wouldn't expect Jermaine to play, stern just won't allow It.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushmouth
    Relax, some people think differently, yet know a lot, we do not all come to the same conclusion upon looking at the same facts, heck I should know

try keeping the discussion to a level where we do not stoop to the above quoted.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm finally awake and I was woke to see JO will be back on X-mas day!!I can deal with the suspension to Jax but I don't want us to give up on Ron which I don't think the Pacers or Simons will I think they will both fight the hardest for the remaining suspended players.Anyway now it is a fair suspension for JO he should have been returning by now anyway.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm guessing you are joking here. That, or your knowledge of basketball ends at your driveway hoop.
    About Chuck and Jalen, yes.

About Ron. No. It is patently obvious that Ron hurts the Pacers more than he helps them. But he does an interesting job of snowblinding his fans because "he plays at 110% all the time".

The 'future draft pick' we should've traded him for during the summer of 2003 wouldn't have been benched for 'conduct detrimental to winning', had a meltdown in the Miami series and another one in the ECFs last spring, wouldn't have declared himself the team's MVP over the summer, wouldn't have done something in the lockerroom in which JO told him to "quit acting like a damn fool" - whether he was asking for time off and for what purpose are subject to conflicting reports - wouldn't have led his teammates into the stands, etc., etc., etc. And that's just the stuff he's done since Bird came back...
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by JOneal7
    who gives a **** about being classy....you think JO won't make a difference? You wait you little *****. Come back after the xmas game... YOU WON'T ...you won't be here...you will be under the bed making excuses. Go Die now...you won't win ***** this year. You can count on that...
    All right, you've had plenty of venting, now please chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistons_fan
    I'm only stating my opinion, It's not me who is throwing out insults. Or do you allow that here? I wish the Pacers luck for saturday but I wouldn't expect Jermaine to play, stern just won't allow It.
    And Stern is but a puppet of Big Joe, I know, but still people here have hope and reason for it and you as a Piston fan should know better and are required to know better then to flaunt your pretty dress in here.

Yeah, because none of Ronnie's actions have shot us in the foot this year, have they? I must me talking crazy, Ron never negatively affects the team, and he has never crumbled under pressure!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

calm down? Ok, let me just sit here while the league basically ruins our season! A Child? Oh! I'm so hurt! Like any opinion you have matters right now.

as for the piston fan...bottle? oh please. This coming from a fan of a team who has BEN WALLACE on his team! lol...he is the biggest baby in the league! "OH NO! HE FOULED ME! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! NO ONE FOULS BIG BEN! NO ONE!" And then when he didn't want to fight back..."GET OVER HERE FOOL! WHAT! WHAT! I'M RIGHT HERE!" and started throwing towels and fighting his own teammates to get to ron. And I'm the baby who needs a bottle? Please!

calm down? Ok, let me just sit here while the league basically ruins our season! A Child? Oh! I'm so hurt! Like any opinion you have matters right now.

as for the piston fan...bottle? oh please. This coming from a fan of a team who has BEN WALLACE on his team! lol...he is the biggest baby in the league! "OH NO! HE FOULED ME! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! NO ONE FOULS BIG BEN! NO ONE!" And then when he didn't want to fight back..."GET OVER HERE FOOL! WHAT! WHAT! I'M RIGHT HERE!" and started throwing towels and fighting his own teammates to get to ron. And I'm the baby who needs a bottle? Please!
    We're all upset, JO7, but you can't go calling ppl "***gots" and "*****es"...even if they are Pistons fans.

It's okay to be upset, but vent appropriately. I don't want to have to play Stern and suspend you.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Mood

Hardly. It's the most accurate description I've seen of it. When Ron's here, you get his talent, but his negatives as well, which are many. If he's not, the negatives go away, but so does the talent. Either way, we lose. Whoops, that's loser talk.

Talking Re: Arbitrator - Reduces JO's to 15 games

he is the biggest baby in the league! "OH NO! HE FOULED ME! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! NO ONE FOULS BIG BEN! NO ONE!"
    Oh lord that was funny.

Pistons_fan

considering artest fouled him hard when the game was over that makes him a baby? babies don't back down from anyone...funny how artest likes to punch fans but doesn't have the guts to fight ben, although I don't blame him.

Ron Artest has cost you a chance at a title, not the pistons, not stern not anybody..those players of yours got you into this mess by attacking like 5 year olds in a playground.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    It's okay to be upset, but vent appropriately. I don't want to have to play Stern and suspend you.
    We can handle the arbitration at Pizza King on Thursday. :-)

I figured Artest's and SJax's suspensions would be reduced because they were 'off the court' (even tho I personally still don't think that is what the CBA was meaning in its lanquage) and they were soooo long. JO, would only get his reduced if the arbitrator ruled he could hear JO's portion of the events since JO never left the court (tho I felt JO's was too long the arbitrator first needed to find he had jurisdiction).

And I always have felt Artest's case was different due to his history and publicity surrounding that history. It was and is totally understandable how Artest's suspension could remain and been handed down in the first place, whether we like it or not. He simply has used up his 'benefit of the doubt' long ago. Do we really know for certain what all the league may know on Artest that we haven't been privy to? You know they know all that we do, but do they know more? Has the league tried to downplay Artest's antics in the past only to be bitten by him just has the Pacers have been?

So I'm actually only really surprised that SJax suspension wasn't reduced. I'm also surprised at the number of Pacer fans (in this thread) who have no problem with SJax's suspension not being reduced.

As far as whether Stern will abide by this decision, I'll admit it is easier for him since it is really only 10 games off of JO's time and doesn't appear to challenge him (Stern) too much.... BUT it does challenge him.

What does he have to gain and what does he have to lose by accepting this? If he takes a bigger picture view and sees this as a challenge to his authority and integrity of his office then I'd say the answer is: He challenges this and fights it hard.

OTOH, he could take the diplomatic route, spin it by not accepting the arbitrator's findings BUT claiming to reduce the suspension on his own accord in part due to new information from all the sources now available. The problem with that is that JO has the harshest criminal charges against him so that info probably shouldn't help him. But in the world of spin even the bad is good.

My heart says he compromises and lets JO's suspension stand at 15 games. My head says he will challenge it because it challenges his authority.

-BBall
    6-i

stipo

Ah yes, the "Ron kills the team/ Ron is the only hope" debate. I feel a sense of deja-vu. Or maybe I'm caught in some sort of loop like "Groundhog Day".

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    . When Ron's here, you get his talent, but his negatives as well, which are many. If he's not, the negatives go away, but so does the talent. Either way, we lose.
    It would be great if Ron did not have issues, or did not have talent. This above truth can drive fans insane. But at least it keeps things interesting.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

bball,

IMO, since Jax was in the stands, swinging, regardless of whether it was self-defense or not, I didn't expect his sentence to be reduced.

Your last sentence is brilliant. Here's the other fact that speaks to your (and my) brain... The only thing Stern has to lose is ten games from JO. With almost nothing to lose from his perspective, except his authority, why not fight it tooth and nail?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by stipo
    Ah yes, the "Ron kills the team/ Ron is the only hope" debate. I feel a sense of deja-vu. Or maybe I'm caught in some sort of loop like "Groundhog Day".
    "Phil? Like the groundhog Phil??"

(Obviously annoyed, in a mocking voice) "Yes, like the groundhog Phil" (leaves)

I haven't watched that in a while. I think I'll pull that one off the shelf soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    So I'm actually only really surprised that SJax suspension wasn't reduced. I'm also surprised at the number of Pacer fans (in this thread) who have no problem with SJax's suspension not being reduced.

-BBall
    6-i
    I have to tell you - I though Jax was looking for a fight to prove himself to his new teammates - I thought it was him and his attitude on the court before Ron went in the stands that really fueld the conflict. Then he loses it in the stands, throwing punches left and right. In all honesty, had they suspended HIM for the season, I am not sure I would have thought it unjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    With almost nothing to lose from his perspective, except his authority, why not fight it tooth and nail?
    Especially since he only has to drag it out another couple of weeks and it's a moot point, except for lost salary.

Talking Re: Arbitrator - Reduces JO's to 15 games

Quote Originally Posted by stipo
    I enjoyed that movie.