Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 103

Thread: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

  1. #26

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really wasn't watching Lance during the replays, what did he do that was worse than what David did?

    I think most of you guys missed it, but Lance was face-to-face with Curry near the end of it. He grabbed the chest of Curry's jersey and wouldn't let go for a few seconds despite Curry's protestations. This was when one of the assistants was bear-hugging him. It's kinda hard to see, but you can definitely make out Lance's hand grabbing Curry. It looked pretty intense for the few seconds.

  2. #27
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Should see a lot of David, Ian, Tyler, Pendy.

  3. #28
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Fair for Lee and Hibbert, Lee instigated by throwing the elbow in Roy's back on the end of a dead play. Roy pushing Lee in retaliation. Then, Lee starting the forward motion of the chest bump.

    Then, for when it appeared to be over with, Curry decides to go after Hibbert as if he can do something. Then Roy sheds the perp and Curry couldn't get enough so he goes back for more.

    I believe that Stern must have felt sorry for this little perp with a big heart. Stern must have figured that the world media seeing young Curry getting pushed aside from Hibbert's hips like a blown up doll was humiliation enough not to suspend him.

    I do have to say that Lee was an absolute STUD in his post game interview. I have much respect for him at this point.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  5. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does it work exactly? Do the Pacers take money out of Lance's next paycheck and pay it to the league, or does Lance have to directly cut the league a check?
    Remembering phil jacksons book.

    It is auto deducted by the NBA. Phil said how much he hated fines because he had to transfer money from his savings to checkings

    Though if you dont get in trouble again the league gives you a percentage of thr fine money back. Or at least they did

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  7. #30
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,008

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remembering phil jacksons book.

    It is auto deducted by the NBA. Phil said how much he hated fines because he had to transfer money from his savings to checkings

    Though if you dont get in trouble again the league gives you a percentage of thr fine money back. Or at least they did
    What a rough life.

  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  9. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a rough life.
    Hahaha

    i had the same reaction

    thiugh to be fair a dine always sux, regardless of your salary

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  11. #32
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,430

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then, for when it appeared to be over with, Curry decides to go after Hibbert as if he can do something. Then Roy sheds the perp and Curry couldn't get enough so he goes back for more.

    I believe that Stern must have felt sorry for this little perp with a big heart. Stern must have figured that the world media seeing young Curry getting pushed aside from Hibbert's hips like a blown up doll was humiliation enough not to suspend him.
    Or Stern happened to notice that the Warriors and Knicks are on ESPN tonight...... hmmm.....

    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  12. #33
    Member McDunken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Greenfield
    Posts
    104

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Well...... At least Lee got suspended.

  13. #34
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair for Lee and Hibbert, Lee instigated by throwing the elbow in Roy's back on the end of a dead play. Roy pushing Lee in retaliation. Then, Lee starting the forward motion of the chest bump.
    I enjoyed your notes about Curry, haha. Good stuff.

    As far as the above, objectively speaking Roy crashed into Lee first. Roy came down the lane and easily could have picked up a foul the way he rammed into Lee. Then Lee rammed right back, and THAT'S when the foul was called. A lot of people think the foul was called on West's shot, but it wasn't. The refs were calling Lee for clearing Roy out.

    Lee's push came in the course of live play, Roy's retaliating was after the whistle. I personally wouldn't like it if the roles were reversed (Roy got overly physical with Lee and Lee retaliated after the whistle), and while I understand the league isn't trying to play favorites, I believe Curry was more worthy of a suspension than Lee.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Surprised West didnt get a game. Shocked he didn't even get fined. I guess Stu fears him lol.


    I don't get why Lance got fined he didn't do anything.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surprised West didnt get a game. Shocked he didn't even get fined. I guess Stu fears him lol.


    I don't get why Lance got fined he didn't do anything.
    Yeah, Lance getting fined is pretty weird. Didn't look like he did anything more than all the other guys that didn't get fined did. Makes even less sense when Jack and West didn't get anything.

    also don't really agree w/ a flat rate for fines, should be a % of a guy's salary

  17. #37
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I enjoyed your notes about Curry, haha. Good stuff.

    As far as the above, objectively speaking Roy crashed into Lee first. Roy came down the lane and easily could have picked up a foul the way he rammed into Lee. Then Lee rammed right back, and THAT'S when the foul was called. A lot of people think the foul was called on West's shot, but it wasn't. The refs were calling Lee for clearing Roy out.

    Lee's push came in the course of live play, Roy's retaliating was after the whistle. I personally wouldn't like it if the roles were reversed (Roy got overly physical with Lee and Lee retaliated after the whistle), and while I understand the league isn't trying to play favorites, I believe Curry was more worthy of a suspension than Lee.
    Your right, So if the refs would have called a foul on Hibbert at the beginning,, then the play would have stopped and Lee wouldn't have thrown the Elbow into Hibbert's back. So, I claim bad refs caused it all by allowing it to escalate and the refs should get suspended. ;-)
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, Lance getting fined is pretty weird. Didn't look like he did anything more than all the other guys that didn't get fined did. Makes even less sense when Jack and West didn't get anything.

    also don't really agree w/ a flat rate for fines, should be a % of a guy's salary
    How much of the fine do these guys actually pay though? Doesnt it come out of their taxes? I am not sure how it works but I though it was good for your taxes to donate to a charity.

  19. #39
    Member Coupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    indynap
    Posts
    1,106
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    @PacersKev Roy paying for Lance's fine is am amazing act. For better or worse we are a team.

  20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Coupe For This Useful Post:


  21. #40
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,797

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surprised West didnt get a game. Shocked he didn't even get fined. I guess Stu fears him lol.

    I don't get why Lance got fined he didn't do anything.
    When anyone....whether it be a Ref or Stern..... does anything bad to BAMF ( such as getting fined, receives a Technical foul, heaven forbid...gets suspended )BAMF shows up at your door the next day...and tells you...no...shows you....why doing that would be considered a "bad idea".
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  23. #41
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,281

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does it work exactly? Do the Pacers take money out of Lance's next paycheck and pay it to the league, or does Lance have to directly cut the league a check?
    Straight cash, homey!

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Train For This Useful Post:


  25. #42
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,797

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @PacersKev Roy paying for Lance's fine is am amazing act. For better or worse we are a team.
    That's what family does....they take care of their own.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  27. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Roy is taking care of Lances fine is good news and not surprising. I am surprised Hibbert is the only one though, I figured all the vets especially Dwest would chip in for Lance. It would be different if he deserved it, but in no way did Lance deserve a fine.

  28. #44
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,630

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surprised West didnt get a game. Shocked he didn't even get fined. I guess Stu fears him lol.


    I don't get why Lance got fined he didn't do anything.
    I would have been very surprised if West did. I've seen comments everywhere from West throwing punches to him grabbing Biedrins' head. To me it looked like he bulled his way to the stands/court dividing line and tried to pull the scrum away from there. When Biedrins and Curry fell down because Biedrins was bear hugging Curry after he grabbed Lance's arm, he let em go and focused on the other guys.

  29. #45
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,156

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    It seems quite fair for the most part, imo. The only part that I disagree is with Lance being fined. I think that the vets should chip in and pay those 35k
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  30. #46

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    35K off a rookie contract isn't the peanuts it looks like. At 870K this year, that's about 3 games worth of pay, or 4%. It's like fining a minimum wage guy $625.

    You beat me to this. It would have been cheaper for Stephenson at $10,000 a game salary to have been suspended for one game than the $35,000 fine.

    I'm really surprised Dwest wasn't fined. I thought for sure he would be.

  31. #47
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When anyone....whether it be a Ref or Stern..... does anything bad to BAMF ( such as getting fined, receives a Technical foul, heaven forbid...gets suspended )BAMF shows up at your door the next day...and tells you...no...shows you....why doing that would be considered a "bad idea".
    Why is this green?

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  33. #48
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    35K off a rookie contract isn't the peanuts it looks like. At 870K this year, that's about 3 games worth of pay, or 4%. It's like fining a minimum wage guy $625.
    Only if Lance has to pay $140 for a gallon of milk or $200 for a gallon of gas.

    It is a significant chunk of money, but you cannot use this kind of math. It ignores the difference between money for basics and money available for discretionary spend.

  34. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  35. #49
    Member Jrod Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ann Arbor
    Posts
    170

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy is taking care of Lances fine is good news and not surprising. I am surprised Hibbert is the only one though, I figured all the vets especially Dwest would chip in for Lance. It would be different if he deserved it, but in no way did Lance deserve a fine.
    I think Roy being the only one to cover the fine has to do with Roy being the "reason" for the situation. If the cause for the fine had been more of a team wide situation, I think we would see the whole team pitch in together to cover the fine. Because Lance was directly involved to protect/defend Roy, it's just a way for Roy to say thank you. I think it should be taken as more as a nice gesture from Roy than a snub from the rest of the team.

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jrod Jones For This Useful Post:


  37. #50
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,469

    Default Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended one game

    It's all very silly, I don't think suspensions were warranted either way. At least it's just one game.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 03:20 PM
  2. Dirk Suspended One Game
    By SamBear in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 05:05 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 09:59 PM
  4. Artest suspended for Game 2
    By Roy Munson in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 09:26 PM
  5. Reggie should be suspended a game...
    By bulletproof in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 10:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •