Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Odd Thought's: Defiance (pummeling the Warriors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Thought's: Defiance (pummeling the Warriors)

So I’m walking out of the game once again on another high that only comes with another Pacers victory and I am going towards the normal green trash can to meet up with my fellow Pacers brothers & sisters. I’m jubilant on top of the world and ready to join in some post game merriment and exultation of our beloved team when I come across Hicks who looks like the visage of death standing there.

In a quandary as to why he looked so sour I was going to ask if he was unhappy at some incident in his life or if he was suffering from gas. He proceeded to tell me how bad he thought this was. Well at first I was confused as all get out, how bad what was as we had just beaten a good solid team. But before we could go on high octane once again decided to ruin our spot by playing their damn drums in the hallway (God that is irritating) so by this time Gnome & the Mrs. Have arrived and we begin to wander our way down to the window by the practice court when en route to there Gnome tells me he is very disappointed.

Again, stunned I ask in what? He tells me he is disappointed in Roy.

You could have knocked me over with a feather. In fact by the time Seth, BillS & Mrs. And Trader Joe had arrived they were all either disheartened or in BillS case downright despondent.

I was beside myself, how was it that I was the optimistic upbeat person of the bunch. Now to be fair Trader Joe was supportive of the incident but did believe that there would be repercussions.

I tried to console the group, BillS was already writing the epithet for the season, but I wasn’t really getting anywhere. By the time I had to leave I wanted to contact the local suicide hotline and tell them to be on the look out. They all left down and depressed and I was ready to go home and write Klingon Opera’s about the night that Roy Hibberts testicles actually dropped.

Since it didn’t work on them let me bring it here.

Roy Hibbert & I ride together!

Eff the league.

If it wasn’t for the fact that I don’t want to lose him for the Clippers game I would say that a one game suspension for Roy Hibbert will do nothing but raise his street cred as the kids would say.

Golden State was getting pummeled; in fact I’ll go ahead and say it. Take away Curry’s sweet sweet shot and this would have been another beat down of Biblical proportions and there was nothing they could do about it.

Now being competitors they didn’t like the thumping they were taking and decided that the only retort to our physical domination, since the referee crew were not going to fall for their flopping, was to be physical in return.

They don’t have the horses to be physical and therefore when push came to shove they actually decided to push & shove. Fair enough, their men & I respect that.

David Lee decided to take umbrage with Roy’s bumping him off of the box, good for him. Stand up for yourself & I’m sure Mark Jackson appreciates your effort.

BTW, kudos to Mark Jackson for changing the culture of that team. They really do play defense now and to go along with the shooting touch from their back court they will have a few good years ahead of them.

Anyway back to Roy & Lee. Once Lee decided to give Roy a two arm shove Roy in the blink of an eye gave him one back. First and foremost I didn’t think Roy had it in him, normally this will evoke a “hey” response from Roy. But for whatever reason tonight he decided that he had taken enough.

Lee bumped back and the melee was on.

The next thing I see is Roy shoving a Warriors player over, it ends up being Curry but I couldn’t tell that at the time, and all I want to do is stand up and yell Qapla!!!!!

Then there was some shoving and running about and then David West, as Hicks said I described it, cleared out the section as though he were Sauron knocking soldiers around with his Mace.

All in all I was having a good time. People lets not forget who one of my favorite Pacers is, a knock down drag out fight is just part of a nights work back in the day.

Look nobody did anything dirty here, heck I’m not even mad at the Warriors and in fact I really respect what Lee said after the game about everybody was playing hard and it was just all left on the court.

This was nothing; this wouldn’t have even been news at all if it wasn’t for the ghost of idiots past. By idiots I mean the members of the team who gave us the bad image.

I know several of you guys are ready to jump off of a bridge or something because of the fear of the image of the brawl and how people will never want to come to our games or whatever.

Let me talk you off of the ledge.

Let us all remember one thing; the local fans supported the team lock, stock and Stephen Jackson’s smoking barrel after the brawl. I know because I was one of the very few who was trying to say that our team was in the wrong that night. Believe me I was crucified for that belief.

But the locals came out and supported the next home game vs. the Magic like it was game 7 in the playoffs.

The fan base did not turn on the team because of the brawl, in fact we as a city and area whether we like to admit it out loud or not like a good scuffle. Now I have no problem admitting it but people of higher caliber (read that as almost anybody) probably would.

The locals turned on the team for episode after episode of legal miscues, off court issues, injuries and then when Artest demanded the trade it all but collapsed.

Here is why that won’t happen this time.

First these aren’t the same group of players. There is no history of bad behavior, there is nobody that has been labeled a malcontent and there hasn’t been a single police report filed.

In fact these guys are either perceived as dull or good guys. That other group had already even before the brawl had the fan base turn against them some. Jackson was already getting some boo’s from the home crowd in his short tenure due to him cursing at Rick when he was taken out of a game, Tinsley was already running thin with people because of his inability to stay on the floor and yes there were even some people who took issue with Artest.

None of that his here this time.

Oh sure somebody is going to say that the locals don’t care they are just looking for an excuse, etc.

Let’s get a grip for a min. The people who are going to say that were going to say that no matter what. They didn’t buy Pacers tickets in the past, they don’t buy them at present and they will not buy Pacers tickets in the future.

The local news media will not cover this the same way, again different cast of characters.

This will blow over and IMO it will endear Roy and West and others to the fans that were there tonight and watched the game. They saw nobody did anything crazy and they saw that just like with Danny the other night this team is a unit and will be there for one another.

Hell I couldn’t be more proud of the Pacers than I am right now.

In fact look at us we’ve spent this entire time talking about this and have kind of overlooked the big picture.
    WE WON!!!!!!

Let’s do some grades.

David West: A++

S olomon
    H ercules
    A tlas
    Z eus
    A chilles
    M ercury

Paul George: A

He is now averaging 10.5 ppg against the Warriors this season. Actually kind of started out rough but when he kicked it on, well there was just nothing they could do to stop him.

Roy Hibbert: A++

He was having a very good game on the floor before he ascended Mount Olympus and attained Godhood. Don’t be ashamed Roy, hold your head high and don’t take crap from anyone. I’m not advocating dirty play or even being overly physical but don’t back down.

George Hill: A

He decided to play Curry in a first half game of H-O-R-S-E matching him shot for shot in the second quarter, but then George has other team mates who can do something so in the second half he did the smart thing and rode the horse that is David West to victory. BTW, Curry’s shot making had nothing to do with bad defense by Hill. Dude was just hitting crap with a lightning fast release. George had great defense and controlled the ball very well.

Lance Stephenson: B

Just didn’t have the best night in the world from the field but still contributed to the win and I am certain he had something to do with the increase in chippiness as the game went on.

Tyler Hansbrough: C-

Ugh, whatever happened to his face up 15’ jump shot? Am I dreaming or at one point in time a couple of years ago didn’t he hit that shot on occasion? C- is really kind of generous but he did play some really good defense on a couple of possession.

Danny Granger: C

Lord this is going to be rough to watch. You can see he still knows how to get to where he wants to go and he still can get there. Converting a shot though? Well that just hasn’t happened yet. He still does good things on the floor and I was really surprised tonight to see how much off the ball movement he was doing on offense. Clearly they were trying to drag other players off of West and Paul by running Danny towards the basket in an effort to open up the shot for them. Defense was decent tonight but man is that shot putrid.

Ian Mahinmi: C

I’m not sure why I wasn’t more happy with him than I was but it just seemed that the old butter fingers seemed to be in effect again tonight and honestly I didn’t think he did all that good with staying with his man. Still though it’s nice to have a legitimate 7’ player coming off of the bench & hey we may need him to be ready to start on Thursday.

D.J. Augustine: C-

To quote Jim O’Brien, “irrelevant”.

Orlando Johnson: D

Certainly not the night he had vs. the Pistons.

My God people we are striding he world like a colossus and I won’t hear anything about bad times. We are tearing through teams like Godzilla through Tokyo and these aren’t bottom feeder teams.

Get up, rejoice, this is what we sat through 4 soul sucking years of Satan for. This is the payoff, well at least until we hang that banner next fall.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Re: Odd Thought's: Defiance (pummeling the Warriors)

Peck. I just have to take issue with you. When I was up there for a couple of preseason games, I thought the drums in the hall were really cool old school.

Everything else you said works for me.

[~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Comment

Okay this is too good to pass up.

Here is the opening paragraph to the Oakland Tribune's write up on tonight's game.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/warrior...rs-loss-pacers

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Warriors had their three-game winning streak snapped, their feelings hurt and their resolve tested by the Indiana Pacers.

My only reply to that is this....

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Comment

It just hurts that we could potentially lose a game vis-a-vis the Knicks because of this--our guys and their guys might get suspended at least one game and the Warriors play the Knicks next.

It's clear that Roy has a little bit more of a fire in his belly now but, this incident was just a sign of this, not a cause. Not having it would, all else equal, be better than having it.

The way I see it, it's a bit unfortunate but, as we tend to do this year, we'll persevere and move on. We signed Ian for exactly these types of contingencies.

Comment

That being said, this is my favorite quote of the year:

Seriously, I didn't even feel him. He just ran up on me. I don't know. It's between me and David Lee, and (Curry) wants to get involved. ... I don't want to start anything with someone that's smaller than me. If I have somebody my size, we'll talk it out like men. ... I probably did toss the little guy to the side.

Comment

I don't think of this as bad as some would. No heavy punching involved, no fan altercation involved, no riot ensued after the scuffle, and the game actually ended peacefully after that. The possible Hibbert suspension (and West also) is the only bad thing I can see happening from here. It's a game well played by both squads, and the Pacers are just rolling right now. Double-digit margin of wins since the ASB, now that's what I'm talking about! Hopefully, Danny can get into the mix as soon as possible and make this team the best in the East come playoff time.

Anyway, for as long as it's just one game (suspension I mean), it won't hurt the team as much. We have our backups there to do the job that those 2 might miss, and history shows that our backups play well with the other starting guys. I still expect a win over the Clippers regardless of what happens with Hibbert and West.

Comment

Thanks Peck I agree with every word and came here after the game and had no idea that there would be such a dire response. This little tickle fight changes nothing, suspensions or not. This is strong willed mentally tough team that won't back down.

Comment

Originally posted by rexnom View Post
                That being said, this is my favorite quote of the year:

Yes. Yes he did. Like a rag doll.
                http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
                "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

Comment

Sorry, screwed up trying to post an image. I was initially concerned, but the public reaction seems benign. Kravitz article helps, as does the impeccable character of the team.

Comment

When I walked out of the arena bowl and seen Peck & Hicks talking, my face was so long I would've tripped over my bottom lip thinking Roy lost his friggin mind. Discussing it didn't help neither me or the Mrs. It wasn't until I got home and seen the video that I changed my mind and mood. Roy was completely justified in his actions... If it was just Lee and Hibbs with no intervention from the pip squeak brigade, this is just a typical NBA dust-up with double techs assessed. Roy didn't ask Curry to bum rush him... twice and he sure didn't ask to be shoved from behind by Klay Thompson & Jarret Jack.

I guess I was worried more about the franchise revisiting the court of public opinion with the local media presenting the "facts". However, the local media outlets and especially the one that I work for has decided to treat this "scrum" like the fart in the wind that it is. It'll suck probably losing one maybe two of our guys for Thursday, but I'll take that knowing my man's balls finally dropped for all of us to see!

Great win!
                    ...Still "flying casual"
                    @roaminggnome74

Comment

Yes, and if suspensions are forthcoming, then Vogel will invoke some sort of "us against the world" or "3 games in 3 days" motivational tactic that just brings the team together even more and we win the damn game! Worse will be if Curry is suspended for the Knicks. He deserves to be, but it hurts us in the long run, because they are a good team that could beat the Knicks.

I can't seem to post pictures because I am apparently too stupid, but I was trying to post two "we ride together" pics. I love the juxtaposition of the Granger first bucket picture, where the team is just exuberant and greets him on the sidelines, vs. the picture of the 5 guys walking off the court after this latest "brawl." The Warriors are walking back to the bench as individuals, while the Pacers starting 5 looks like they are ready to storm a castle. This TEAM is just fun to watch.

Look, they play good, Indiana basketball. They share the rock and play with all-out effort on D. They are high character, articulate guys that work hard to contribute to the community, while working equally hard on their craft. When Vogel said smashmouth, he meant SMASHMOUTH. This fight is a non-issue, because the team won't let it be a lingering issue. Only disappointing thing for me is that Larry isn't officially part of the team to receive the credit and enjoy the ride.

I don't know if they will beat the heat or not, but they will play them, and they will give them a run for their money. The fans will come, and I am going to enjoy the ride.

I've been a lurker daily since the exodus from RATS, and frankly don't like posting that much. But I like this board very much because of the excellent moderation and supremely gifted and balanced writers (though it would help if Count55 would quit distracting himself on other sites and if Putnam would return, because I miss reading their stuff).

As someone wrote earlier, this is the payoff for the years of he!!. I am ready to enjoy the ride, win or lose.

Now, how do we pay to keep David West?

Comment

I need to correct you on one little thing though; it WAS the NBA international game, live in 81 countries around the world (NBA TV INTERNATIONAL)

I personally like that, but who knows what Herrn Sternn thinks of it.
                        So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
                        Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Comment

Sad to see how soft the NBA's gotten. Couple big guys start to get into it and people think a war broke out. The officials only escalated it by sprinting in whistles blowing and shoving. Then Curry goes at Roy -- big mistake -- and Thompson and Jack (who I used to love as a Pacer) decide to send the show into the front row. This was common in the Miller/Ewing era. Now Roy will likely get suspended for defending himself and being BA. *sigh*
                          Forever struggling to convince myself "In Larry we trust"
                          Writer at NoseBleedSectionSports.com

Comment

Originally posted by Peck View Post
                            PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Comment

As much as I don't want to talk about it, I need to say one thing. I think the notion that the city did not turn on the team because of the brawl is simply wrong. I too was at the next game after the brawl and I remember the atmosphere and I remember how Pacers fans stayed behind the team during the aftermath. And I remember when it became a us vs them mentally for most pacers fans - us against the NBA.

But Peck, where you are wrong was the long term impact of the brawl and the extremely negative impact the brawl had on causal Pacers fans. I do not think you can under estimate how damaging the brawl was. I mean it is still damaging to this day. Sure the subsequent off the court activities and trade demands and losing really hurt the franchise, but the brawl was always a huge negative factor as well. Sort of like a silent killer. Virus that gets into the air that cannot ever be gotten rid of.

Having said that, last night's melee was really nothing and I don't expect any short term or long term impact.

Watching NBATV's post game coverage I did like that Greg Anthony and Chris Webber boith said the pacers are better than their record. Also they didn't seem to think the melee was a big deal
                              Last edited by Unclebuck; 02-27-2013, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X