Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1167

Thread: PS3 NBA 2K13 league?

Sports Logo

Default Re: PS3 NBA 2K13 league?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Argh. Wasn't able to log on, lost JR Smith.

That was way fast.
    Sorry....I was targetting him or OJ Mayo and made offers to both on the 1st 2 days. JR was the 1st to accept.

On the very 1st day of Free Agency....cuz I knew that he was very loyal to his previous Team but that $$$ was as important....I had to make JR Smith an offer that was roughly 1 mil per year over his asking price ( the price that drew interest from him ) and had to essentially overpay him to fill out my Starting Lineup.
    Last edited by CableKC; 05-20-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Kuq_e_Zi91, u r free to join any Team ( except for the Pacers...which I think that Vandy MAY try to swap Players from the Pacers with his Team, the Grizzlies ).

I will send you the password and league ID via PM.

Does anyone know if you can join the League, quit from the league and then re-join as another Team?

Since we did a fantasy draft...the Players on the Teams are all randomized. I was thinking that Kuq_e_Zi91 can pick his favorite available Team so that he can join the League... then go under "Manage Rosters", take a look at the rosters for the other Teams to see which Team you can pick from that has a suitable roster that you'd like and then drop/rejoin the League under a Team that he likes.

For now, the only Teams that you can't join are the Lakers and the Pacers.
    Last edited by CableKC; 05-20-2013 at 03:56 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Once the regular season starts, I'm going to be setting the League Speed to FAST and will unlock ALL the games.

Reminder to all - If you have a game scheduled on the League Calendar that is within the next 2 weeks ( again in League Days...NOT in Real Time ), that means that you will have to reach out to someone ASAP since 24 hours ( in Real Time ) translates to 6 FULL League Days.

If you don't get to schedule time with the Player that you are playing....then the game will be SIMMED automatically.

Sports Logo

I'm in as the Clippers. Looking forward to the season!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

J7F

Sports Logo

The only thing that most of us request is that you do your best to schedule time to play your PvP games.

That's the main reason why we're playing here.

Please be sure to check this thread every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    When I was looking at rosters last night I noticed you have only 9 guys on your team... How is that possible?
    I am stuck on camp pendletons 21 area until they find a missing rifle. I know who I want to fill out my roster. And I want to move one of those two for two solid guys.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

J7F

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    The only thing that most of us request is that you do your best to schedule time to play your PvP games.

That's the main reason why we're playing here.

Please be sure to check this thread every so often.
    But we really only crack down on this during the Playoffs when we ideally want all P vs P games played out rather than simmed...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Sports Logo

Is there a list of the teams with owners for reference? I'm trying to restructure my team as best I can through trades and such.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface Millah View Post
    Who stole D West from me?
    Bobcats for 1 year....$7.5 mil.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    Is there a list of the teams with owners for reference? I'm trying to restructure my team as best I can through trades and such.
    Derek2k3 / Rockets
    MrHale / Blazers
    Vandy / Grizzlies
    J7F / ????
    DGreenwell3 / Heat? ( I think )
    Ghostface Milah / Nets
    CableKC / Warriors
    Wally_Ian ( PSN ID ) / Hawks

The Lakers was run by Coopdog ( here on PD ) who initially created the League but decided that he couldn't play but I can't delete him since he's the Creator/Owner of the league initially.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Interest in Gay or horford?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Interest in Gay or horford?
    Just like in real life....Rudy Gay is a cap killer for me.

It's hard to make any trades since I am over the Cap and therefore difficult to make salaries match.

Just like in real life....Rudy Gay is a cap killer for me.

It's hard to make any trades since I am over the Cap and therefore difficult to make salaries match.
    Gay for love is my current trade.

Sports Logo

But we really only crack down on this during the Playoffs when we ideally want all P vs P games played out rather than simmed...
    During Regular season:

We will go at a FAST speed and ALL the Games will be unlocked ( so that all games can be set to play )...if you have PvP games....then try to reach out to your opponent and schedule time...if you can't schedule time ( or reach out to the opponent ), then the game will be SIMMED.

Question 1 ) - Should we allow for PAUSING of the League ONLY ( A ) UPON REQUEST ONLY and ( B ) IF both Players in a PvP match have agreed to a time and date but can't play before their scheduled League Date Advances?

For example, if 2 Players have to play a game before 6pm TODAY......but can only meet up to play ( due to scheduling conflicts ) TOMORROW at 9pm.....can the Players involved requests a temporary PAUSE in the league to allow the PvP matchup to play?

Another suggestion is that SINCE the games are all unlocked.....if you are able to schedule time to play with someone in an upcoming game...that you set aside time to play BOTH of your PvP games against your opponent.

During the Playoffs:

- In each round, I will PAUSE the League to allow for PvP matchups to schedule Time to play their series. The expectation is that in a PvP matchup that they will make a concerted effort to schedule time with each other to play.

Question 2 ) Should we set a time limit as to how long we should allow PvP to last? As we learned in the first Playoffs, it's not always easy to set aside time to actually play a 7 game Playoff Series....where it could be difficult for Players to play until the weekend and a Series lasted for up to 1.5 weeks. But I also understand that we shouldn't just let a Playoff series take forever to finish.

- In each round...if there is a PvCPU Matchup...I will declare the "Player" the WINNER for the entire Series so that the "Player" will advance to the next round and ( hopefully ) play an "actual" Player in the next round. I know that it's cheating in some way...but I want to make sure that we have as many PvP Matchups as possible.

My reasoning for why I am suggesting for the Regular Season and Playoffs is that the main point of the League is to allow for us to actually play games against someone else. But at the same time...I understand that it's not easy to schedule time ( due to work and such ) but that the League Calendar advances at a really quick rate. For now..this is a blueprint of how we should proceed based off of our last "rocky" Playoff experience.....so, let me know what all of you think.
    Last edited by CableKC; 05-20-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Gay for love is my current trade.
    As long as the CPU accepts the trade...I'm okay with that.

WHERE IN THE HECK IS MY TOP 5 PICK?!?

I drafted a SG with the 5th pick in the draft - was 76 overall. Just went to my roster and he is gone and sone garbage 57 overall guy I've never heard of is in his place!!!! WTH?!?!?!

Just went to my roster and his minutes that I had assigned to him are now "remaining"... And he is gone. WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    Just went to my roster and his minutes that I had assigned to him are now "remaining"... And he is gone. WTF
    That's messed up...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm interested in horford. I'd like to unload some of my surplus of players. Also looking for some cap space if anyone wants/has room for Joe Johnson.

Sports Logo

Wow... I just played my game against the Pacers. Tied at 67, Kobe hits a fadeaway game winning three with 0.3 remaining and I go to instant replay to save it. Right when I push x to save, I get the message "Please wait, restoring data..." and the game and my PS3 freeze. I reboot and of course, I'm 0-0. Here we go again I guess...

Sports Logo

I drafted a SG with the 5th pick in the draft - was 76 overall. Just went to my roster and he is gone and sone garbage 57 overall guy I've never heard of is in his place!!!! WTH?!?!?!
    i sent u a PM about this. Your option maybe limited since i have no admin abilities to change anything on the roster level.

i did some checking and the guy you mentioned simply does not exist....but suspect that there is some glitch that caused the disappearance.
    Last edited by CableKC; 05-21-2013 at 02:33 AM.

Sports Logo

Okay...here's the situation with Vandy / Grizzlies after some initial investigation/speculation on my part:

During the Draft, he had the 5th Pick and drafted some SG/SF named Chase Hunt with a rating of 72....which Vandy had upgrading to a rating of 76 after running him through Training Camp. Just like all rookies...he was automatically signed to a Rookie Contract.

After the League Advanced to start the regular season...sometime on Monday evening.....as mentioned above....this Rookie SG/SF that he drafted LITERALLY disappeared from the League along with his roster spot on the Grizzlies ( there is no Chase Hunt that exists in this League ). In his place....some Player named Benjamin Columbus ( some SF/PF ) with a rating of 57 had been assigned to his roster but not signed to any contract ( you can verify this as ALL Rookie Players are automatically signed to a contract...which Columbus doesn't have one but is already assigned to his Team ). This Columbus Player appears to be a Free Agent that is assigned to his roster ( I assume to fill any missing roster spots that he had ) but isn't signed to any contract but can't be released or waived.

What I suspect that happened is that when the Association advanced to start the 2013-2014 season on Monday evening....it automatically created the Prospect list for the 2014-2015 Draft Class. This SOMEHOW caused some "glitch" in the Association and had elimanated Vandy's Rookie ( Chase ) and IMHO replaced him with this Columbus Rookie to fill out his roster. Why did it do this? I have no clue....I just know that Vandy's roster was messed up.

I checked on "Player Finder" and found that there is an undrafted Rookie ( with ZERO years of Experience ) named Herb Lynch that appears to be a Free Agent with a rating of 72 that happens to be a SG/PG with very similiar Player ratings. However....this is odd because he doesn't show up in the regular Free Agent List ( the highest rated Player is 71 ) and is also listed as one of the Prospects in the upcoming Draft. My total guess here is that this "glitch" removed Vandy's Rookie was removed from Vandy's roster, somehow renamed to this Herb Lynch Player ( while making him some Free Agent ) and to fill the missing roster spot....the Association assigned this Columbus Player to Vandy's missing roster spot that was vacated with the removal of Hunt. Again, pure speculation on my part.

The question now is...what can be done to help remedy this so that we can be fair to Vandy since all of this appears to be the result of some glitch in the Association....obviously not something within his control. You may think that he's just some useless Rookie Drafted Player....but this Player with a 76 Rating ( basically a 6th Man to Starter ) disappeared and could be considered an asset that Vandy was counting to use in the 2013-2014 season.

Initially, I thought that Vandy can just sign this Herb Lynch Player....but since Vandy is over the Cap...he can't make an offer to this Herb Lynch Player. The only other option is to figure out a way to "force" a trade involving one of Vandy's existing Player that is rated in the low 60s to another CPU Team while getting back some SG/SF that is rated in the mid-70s that Vandy would want.

I know that this is pure speculation and that this all sounds really wierd.....but I can't come up with any other reason as to how and what happened and I want to come up with some solution to balence this out for Vandy. I don't think that it's right to just let this go since Vandy essentially lost a key rotational Player ( through no action of his own but from what appears to be some "glitch" in the Association ) that he intended to use throughout the season.

Thoughts?

Breaking news: Chase Hunt found dead just a couple days after being drafted by the Memphis grizzlies, Chase was out partying all night and decided to drive home in his brand new Porsche but the roads were slick and he lost control, police speculate he was driving over the limit and driving around 100-120mph. Our prayers are with him and his family... in other news TMZ reports Paul George and Kim kardashian have made a sex tape.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHale For This Useful Post:

J7F

Okay...here's the situation with Vandy / Grizzlies after some initial investigation/speculation on my part:

During the Draft, he had the 5th Pick and drafted some SG/SF named Chase Hunt with a rating of 72....which Vandy had upgrading to a rating of 76 after running him through Training Camp. Just like all rookies...he was automatically signed to a Rookie Contract.

After the League Advanced to start the regular season...sometime on Monday evening.....as mentioned above....this Rookie SG/SF that he drafted LITERALLY disappeared from the League along with his roster spot on the Grizzlies ( there is no Chase Hunt that exists in this League ). In his place....some Player named Benjamin Columbus ( some SF/PF ) with a rating of 57 had been assigned to his roster but not signed to any contract ( you can verify this as ALL Rookie Players are automatically signed to a contract...which Columbus doesn't have one but is already assigned to his Team ). This Columbus Player appears to be a Free Agent that is assigned to his roster ( I assume to fill any missing roster spots that he had ) but isn't signed to any contract but can't be released or waived.

What I suspect that happened is that when the Association advanced to start the 2013-2014 season on Monday evening....it automatically created the Prospect list for the 2014-2015 Draft Class. This SOMEHOW caused some "glitch" in the Association and had elimanated Vandy's Rookie ( Chase ) and IMHO replaced him with this Columbus Rookie to fill out his roster. Why did it do this? I have no clue....I just know that Vandy's roster was messed up.

I checked on "Player Finder" and found that there is an undrafted Rookie ( with ZERO years of Experience ) named Herb Lynch that appears to be a Free Agent with a rating of 72 that happens to be a SG/PG with very similiar Player ratings. However....this is odd because he doesn't show up in the regular Free Agent List ( the highest rated Player is 71 ) and is also listed as one of the Prospects in the upcoming Draft. My total guess here is that this "glitch" removed Vandy's Rookie was removed from Vandy's roster, somehow renamed to this Herb Lynch Player ( while making him some Free Agent ) and to fill the missing roster spot....the Association assigned this Columbus Player to Vandy's missing roster spot that was vacated with the removal of Hunt. Again, pure speculation on my part.

The question now is...what can be done to help remedy this so that we can be fair to Vandy since all of this appears to be the result of some glitch in the Association....obviously not something within his control. You may think that he's just some useless Rookie Drafted Player....but this Player with a 76 Rating ( basically a 6th Man to Starter ) disappeared and could be considered an asset that Vandy was counting to use in the 2013-2014 season.

Initially, I thought that Vandy can just sign this Herb Lynch Player....but since Vandy is over the Cap...he can't make an offer to this Herb Lynch Player. The only other option is to figure out a way to "force" a trade involving one of Vandy's existing Player that is rated in the low 60s to another CPU Team while getting back some SG/SF that is rated in the mid-70s that Vandy would want.

I know that this is pure speculation and that this all sounds really wierd.....but I can't come up with any other reason as to how and what happened and I want to come up with some solution to balence this out for Vandy. I don't think that it's right to just let this go since Vandy essentially lost a key rotational Player ( through no action of his own but from what appears to be some "glitch" in the Association ) that he intended to use throughout the season.

Thoughts?
    I don't think there is anything any of us can do short of giving him a lopsided trade... Which would hurt our team...

Online Association is glitchy... In the start of the second season of another league I was in... It removed westbrook's contract amount for me... He played for $0 dollars... We quit the league when that happened...

Sports Logo

I don't think there is anything any of us can do short of giving him a lopsided trade... Which would hurt our team...

Online Association is glitchy... In the start of the second season of another league I was in... It removed westbrook's contract amount for me... He played for $0 dollars... We quit the league when that happened...
    That is exactly what I am thinking of proposing.....find some mid-70s Rated Player on another CPU Team that could fill a similar role and then force a trade with one of his lower tier Player.

You're suggesting that making a "lop-sided" trade would hurt our respective Teams......but I'm looking at this from Vandy's POV...his Team is already "hurt" because of this glitch. I don't see how much such a move would really hurt our respective Team's....when none of the Players that could be traded would come from our Teams...but from one of the CPU Teams.

I know that the Online Association is glitchy....but he did have a mid-70s Player ( even if it was just for a day )...but because it was glitchy.....he no longer has one. I'm channeling my inner-"Sam Beckett" and trying to "put things right, that once went wrong"....I don't see any real harm in doing this.
    Last edited by CableKC; 05-23-2013 at 02:11 PM.