Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 NBA 2K13 league?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366933664.860742.jpg Vandy sent me that. Hale wasn't being dodged at all, at anything he my be soon the dodging after seeing a guy standup to him.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: PS3 NBA 2K13 league?

jesus...

Here's a thought:

Season never gets paused.

Playoffs: matchups between ACTIVE members aren't simmed, and any PvP matchups aren't simmed before 3 days without any response.

I understand that this isn't perfect for everyone, but honestly, I'd rather play a little too slow than too fast.

And Dgreen, I understand that your schedule means the pausing/wait time is annoying, but I'm the complete opposite. I work 50+, have a pregnant wife, and outside responsibilities. But, I tried my damndest to play when I could (Cable can vouch, I played at like 2am with him once) and absolutely would/will play every single PvP matchup in the playoffs.

If this league is more serious, as far as needing to advance quickly is concerned, then I can accept I can't play. However, it seems to me the consensus is quality (PvP being actually played) over quantity (More seasons in a shorter amount of time).

Just my $.02

I'm with Derek. I like that plan for season 2. Seems like a good enough compromise. I feel like DGreen is an exception, but I'm guessing the majority of us that are still active have full work weeks and other responsibilities that don't mesh with a fast league. With all these playoff sims, its just a really anticlimactic end to the season.

By the way, is it possible to add members for season 2? How many of us are still left?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface Millah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with Derek. I like that plan for season 2. Seems like a good enough compromise. I feel like DGreen is an exception, but I'm guessing the majority of us that are still active have full work weeks and other responsibilities that don't mesh with a fast league. With all these playoff sims, its just a really anticlimactic end to the season.

By the way, is it possible to add members for season 2? How many of us are still left?
    I actually agree with that.

The finals are set first game today between the Heat and the Grizz.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    jesus...

Here's a thought:

Season never gets paused What speed during the regular season do we want to go with? My thought is that we should go FAST and then SLOW IT DOWN ( only upon request ) for Players that have PvP matchups that want to play. As we have noted...there are PvP games and it's not always easy to schedule time to play immediately.....even if the 2 Players want to play against each other. Should we SLOW DOWN the League Speed ONLY based off of request from the Players involved? If they aren't able to communicate with each other....then the game gets SIMMED automatically under the FAST speed setting. The League Pace is only slowed down ( only upon request ) if the 2 Players ( in a PvP matchup ) agree to play but need time to match up schedules to meet and play. The main reason that I ( and I suspect others ) are playing is because I want to mainly play against someone instead of the CPU. I prefer to do what we can to accomodate those PvP match ups. Let it run FAST throughout the season then only SLOW if both Players agree and request the pace to be slowed down. Thoughts?

Playoffs: matchups between ACTIVE members aren't simmed and any PvP matchups aren't simmed before 3 days without any response. My preference is to SIM ALL the Playoff PvCPU matchups and declare the Player the Winner until we get to a PvP matchup in each of the rounds. This should speed things up. The Playoffs will then be devoted to PvP matchups at a either a MEDIUM or SLOW rate. I prefer to PAUSE only if there is an a request from BOTH parties asking for more time to play their matchups. Keep in mind that based off of the MEDIUM or SLOW seetings....you have to play 1 game once every 16 hours ( for MEDIUM Speed ) 24 hours ( for SLOW Speed ) in real time. I can see scenarios where it's not possible to meet up in the span of a 16 to 24 hour period ( especially if its the weekday and there is work ) and there is a need to PAUSE the league to accomodate this. But if both don't have a chance to communicate, then the games can be SIMMED.

I understand that this isn't perfect for everyone, but honestly, I'd rather play a little too slow than too fast.

And Dgreen, I understand that your schedule means the pausing/wait time is annoying, but I'm the complete opposite. I work 50+, have a pregnant wife, and outside responsibilities. But, I tried my damndest to play when I could (Cable can vouch, I played at like 2am with him once) and absolutely would/will play every single PvP matchup in the playoffs.

If this league is more serious, as far as needing to advance quickly is concerned, then I can accept I can't play. However, it seems to me the consensus is quality (PvP being actually played) over quantity (More seasons in a shorter amount of time).

Just my $.02
    I mostly agree.....see my responses.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    The finals are set first game today between the Heat and the Grizz.
    R u able to get a hold of Vandy?

Cuz the games are going to be SIMMED if you can't get a hold of him.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Okay...looking ahead.....back to what I was saying about the Offseason Tasks.

I think that there is a FULL Day or two ( in real time ) before the initial Pre-Season / Offseason tasks begin.

Because the Draft AND the Free Agency Period start right after each other....that means that if you are really interested in improving your Team ( especially via Free Agency ) then you have to be there to do this....otherwise, the CPU will end up choosing and signing Free Agents for you....even at outrageous contact. Seriously, the CPU can mess up your Team by signing Free Agents for you...REALLY bad....if you are not able to do this.

I will likely have to PAUSE the league once the Championship is won and we advance to the Post-Season tasks so taht we can figure out what needs to be done here and when we can meet.

It takes roughly 90 minutes to 2 hours as I recall for the Draft and Free Agency to go through...but I will see if I can figure out the timing when it comes to when the Championship game is completed and the start of the OFfseason tasks.

What we will need to do here is figure out when we can meet to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    R u able to get a hold of Vandy?

Cuz the games are going to be SIMMED if you can't get a hold of him.
    Playing in 20

Sports Logo

Playing in 20
    Whenever either of you finish playing the ENTIRE series....let me know....cuz I need to PAUSE the league so that we can figure out when and how all of this Offseason tasks will be handled.

Can we please plan on doing the offseason stuff on a Saturday or Sunday? It's the only time I can make it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghostface Millah For This Useful Post:

J7F

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface Millah View Post
    Can we please plan on doing the offseason stuff on a Saturday or Sunday? It's the only time I can make it.
    The problem is that it doesn't start until a few days, I think 2 to 3 full days ( in real time ) after the Championship games are completed. As to exactly when it starts, it's hard to tell as there are 2 stages:

1 ) Pre-Draft and Pre-Free Agent tasks - such as re-signing Players and prioritizing Draft/Free Agents. I think that the Association allocates 1 day in Real Time.

2 ) Draft / Free Agency - actual draft and Free Agency period. I think that the Association sets 1 day in Real Time to do this.

Timing wise, I have to look into how long it takes.....but none of this starts until the Championship ends and the amount of time between each of the Offseason tasks isn't something that I can change. The only thing that I think can be changed is when this 2-3 day cycle starts by Pausing the League.

Just so everyone knows Westbrook is on the block after the season.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

J7F

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366933664.860742.jpg Vandy sent me that. Hale wasn't being dodged at all, at anything he my be soon the dodging after seeing a guy standup to him.
    Is this a joke lol? He never sent any of those texts he dodged me cuz he knew I'd 4-0 he was lucky to hang with me the first 3 quarters till I dominated in the 4th.. I'll post screen shots tonight when I get off work... he was no where to be found for a 2-3day span and never made a real effort to play.. u guys believe what u want

Is this a joke lol? He never sent any of those texts he dodged me cuz he knew I'd 4-0 he was lucky to hang with me the first 3 quarters till I dominated in the 4th.. I'll post screen shots tonight when I get off work... he was no where to be found for a 2-3day span and never made a real effort to play.. u guys believe what u want

Quote Originally Posted by MrHale View Post
    That's just all I saw hale. Not trying to be a dick but it does look bad

That's just all I saw hale. Not trying to be a dick but it does look bad
    How does it make sense?? I beat him game one.. I've been complaining on how bad my team is at simming, I knew they'd lose if it was simmed, so since I'm so good and he lost by only 9 points I just decided to forfeit the whole series. Lol ya makes perfect sense...

How does it make sense?? I beat him game one.. I've been complaining on how bad my team is at simming, I knew they'd lose if it was simmed, so since I'm so good and he lost by only 9 points I just decided to forfeit the whole series. Lol ya makes perfect sense...
    Good point. I am just calling it as I see it man.

Grizzlies win by 40 to go up 2-0.

I texted Hale 6 times - you never responded.. And lucky to hang with you?? WTF you talking about? I was up double digits the whole game til final 4 min. Lucky? I'm 20+ and 2 vs users lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post

I texted Hale 6 times - you never responded.. And lucky to hang with you?? WTF you talking about? I was up double digits the whole game til final 4 min. Lucky? I'm 20+ and 2 vs users lol.
    You won by 32...

Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post

Double digits lmao? Quit lying about ****. U know I actually might of believed u if one of the texts in that pic didn't say "are u even getting my texts?" Super shady to me.. we both know what happened so stop trying to lie to everyone else... and I'm undefeated vs users so what's your point?

You won by 32...
    Just be patient all he does is play zone and absolutely no on ball d. Its annoying... pick n roll all day long, top of key is usually always open vs a zone just gotta knock down the shots

Just be patient all he does is play zone and absolutely no on ball d. Its annoying... pick n roll all day long, top of key is usually always open vs a zone just gotta knock down the shots
    Doesn't help I am playing with one good hand. Broke the other one.

I had thought about this circumstance popping up when we were starting and I was having conversations w PacerTron (I believe) when he was the Commish... I run a business and have to judge people in situations all the time due to my position (which I hate btw)... I can't make complete judgements on things unless I have solid indisputable proof of the truth... Without that I can't sleep if I have to make a gut call where someone will be punished in some way or another... So I give no punishments w/o proof...

I was afraid these situations would arise and had considered screenshots as proof... sadly we can't take screenshots as proof because it can be manipulated to show whatever you want it to...

I'm not saying I believe either party... But I personally can't call guilty based on that proof alone...
    Last edited by J7F; 04-28-2013 at 07:56 PM.
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Sports Logo

What is the status of the Championship round?