Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 NBA 2K13 league?

Sports Logo

Default Re: PS3 NBA 2K13 league?

someone will have the chance in the next round.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Had a tight game w Ghostface yesterday... I was down 3 w 7 sec to go and the frickin game lagged while I was shooting the game tying 3... And I missed it... Wasn't too happy about that...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Sports Logo

Since Coupe/Clippers hasn't logged in for about 37 hours....I will just UNPAUSE the game and set the pace to "MEDIUM" to move the game forward. This means that you have 8 hours inbetween each LEAGUE Day.

If that is not enough time, I can change it to SLOW which will allow you 12 hours between each League Day. But I won't be able to do this til later tonight.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since Coupe/Clippers hasn't logged in for about 37 hours....I will just UNPAUSE the game and set the pace to "MEDIUM" to move the game forward. This means that you have 8 hours inbetween each LEAGUE Day.

If that is not enough time, I can change it to SLOW which will allow you 12 hours between each League Day. But I won't be able to do this til later tonight.
    I would prefer "Slow"... Are you considering booting Coupe? I would... That way you can play some games and if he ever decides to show back up he can just rejoin w the same team... I believe...

Ps - It's been exactly 1 month today since coupe last posted in this thread... Are you sure he is still active at all in the league?
    Last edited by J7F; 04-06-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    Ps - It's been exactly 1 month today since coupe last posted in this thread... Are you sure he is still active at all in the league?
    the last time he logged into PD itself was a few days ago. and the last time he logged into the PlayStation Network 1.5 days ago. i sent him a message and will wait til tonight to see.

Sports Logo

I would prefer "Slow"... Are you considering booting Coupe? I would... That way you can play some games and if he ever decides to show back up he can just rejoin w the same team... I believe...
    does anyone have any concerns regarding setting the pace too slow? if not then I will change it to slow when I get back home later tonight

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

does anyone have any concerns regarding setting the pace too slow? if not then I will change it to slow when I get back home later tonight
    I honestly think it may be too slow but I am not the only one.

Sports Logo

It's slow to you cuz you're waiting for the CPU to finish their games and you don't have to play against a real person in the next round

I just changed it to SLOW ( again ) per J7F's comments.

Anyone else have any opinion on this?

It will either be MEDIUM or SLOW.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The slower the better for me. What's the hurry?

By the way, some exciting playoff basketball going down in the Nets/Magic series.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghostface Millah For This Useful Post:

J7F

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface Millah View Post

By the way, some exciting playoff basketball going down in the Nets/Magic series.
    Every game has been tightly contested with multiple lead changes... It's a shame the first two got simmed for us... But he's still got a shot despite starting out down 0-2... Bout to start game 6... Watch the score on your Playstation if you're bored

PS - We will be able to watch each others games on PS4...
    Last edited by J7F; 04-07-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Every game has been tightly contested with multiple lead changes... It's a shame the first two got simmed for us... But he's still got a shot despite starting out down 0-2... Bout to start game 6... Watch the score on your Playstation if you're bored

PS - We will be able to watch each others games on PS4...
    I still believe medium gives us a better pace.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    I still believe medium gives us a better pace.
    Now that we know that the Playoffs are here......we should be able to change it to Medium in the next round....assuming that the "Player Vs. Player" matchups figure out when and how long they can play.

But I think that the pace should be dicated by the "Player Vs. Player" matchups since it's not always easy to schedule time together.....so we should play it "by ear" and see.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface Millah View Post
    For DGreenwell3, whose playing the CPU....he's waiting for the CPU matchup in the 1st round to finish...but since the League Day is taking up to 12 hours to finish...he's stuck waiting.

So I can see why the pace can be slow for some. My preference is to set the pace according to the Player Vs. Player matchups and when they can decide ( before the series start ) to meet up...also how often they can meetup. My assumption is that these Players should be able to figure out if they can finish 4 to 7 games in the span of 2 or 3 meetings over the next couple of days....which could then dictate the speed of the League.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

J7F

Yo I'm trying to join an active league

Is league up

Sports Logo

FYI...the Warriors/Clippers Series is currently 2-1 in favor of the Coupe/Clippers where all the games have been SIMMED so far. The 4th Game in the Series is going to likely be SIMMED by 9:06am EDT on Monday 4/8.

I have sent him a few messages before via PM here on PD letting him know that we have a Playoff Series. I have just sent another PM to Coupe/Clippers asking him if he's still interested in playing in the League or not and will give him till tomorrow at 9pm EDT / 6pm PDT to respond. If I don't get a response from him by tomorrow evening, I'll go ahead and remove him from the League.

As I understand that it's not always easy to find time to play or even log in to PD....I want to be sure that I give him as much of a chance to respond before I remove him from the League.

Let me know if any of you have any concerns. I just want to be as fair as I can be.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

J7F

Sports Logo

Can someone tell me if all of your Vs. CPU games are unlocked where you can play all of them automatically without waiting for the League Calendar to advance?

If it isn't and you are playing against the CPU but can't play all 4 to 7 games because you are waiting for the Calendar to advance to when the game is set to play, then let me know so that I can unlock the games.

My guess is that all the games have been unlocked and are playable...but I can be wrong.

Can someone tell me if all of your Vs. CPU games are unlocked where you can play all of them automatically without waiting for the League Calendar to advance?

If it isn't and you are playing against the CPU but can't play all 4 to 7 games because you are waiting for the Calendar to advance to when the game is set to play, then let me know so that I can unlock the games.

My guess is that all the games have been unlocked and are playable...but I can be wrong.
    They are all unlocked

Paul George. 41 dimes. Nuff said

For DGreenwell3, whose playing the CPU....he's waiting for the CPU matchup in the 1st round to finish...but since the League Day is taking up to 12 hours to finish...he's stuck waiting.

So I can see why the pace can be slow for some. My preference is to set the pace according to the Player Vs. Player matchups and when they can decide ( before the series start ) to meet up...also how often they can meetup. My assumption is that these Players should be able to figure out if they can finish 4 to 7 games in the span of 2 or 3 meetings over the next couple of days....which could then dictate the speed of the League.
    I completely agree with this...

DGreenwell will see the value of doing it this way when he gets into his first user matchup... If we don't do it this way games get simmed more frequently meaning you have less control over whether your team wins or losses... Getting handed a loss because you don't have time to get a game in would suck... Ghostface started out down 0-2 against me... He has been the better player in our series but he still may not advance if I can pull out a game 7 win...

Quote Originally Posted by MrHale View Post
    Paul George. 41 dimes. Nuff said
    You are scary as hell! I'm glad you're in the West!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

FYI...the Warriors/Clippers Series is currently 2-1 in favor of the Coupe/Clippers where all the games have been SIMMED so far. The 4th Game in the Series is going to likely be SIMMED by 9:06am EDT on Monday 4/8.

I have sent him a few messages before via PM here on PD letting him know that we have a Playoff Series. I have just sent another PM to Coupe/Clippers asking him if he's still interested in playing in the League or not and will give him till tomorrow at 9pm EDT / 6pm PDT to respond. If I don't get a response from him by tomorrow evening, I'll go ahead and remove him from the League.

As I understand that it's not always easy to find time to play or even log in to PD....I want to be sure that I give him as much of a chance to respond before I remove him from the League.

Let me know if any of you have any concerns. I just want to be as fair as I can be.
    This is very fair. If a player doesn't respond to repeated inquiries regarding their status, what else can you do?

I mean, it's been a month since he posted on the thread, and he's now affecting the quality of your experience. Not cool.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

J7F

Sports Logo

Vandy/Grizzlies and MrHale/Blazers.....since it looks like you will be starting your 2nd round Playoff matchup sometime after Tuesday.....you may want to start looking at when you can meet and whether you will have to split up the time to play over the course of a few days.

From what I can tell, each Playoff game has to be played over the course of 2 League Calendar days.....which translates to 16 hours in REAL TIME ( with the League Speed set to MEDIUM ) or 24 hours in REAL TIME ( with the League Speed set to SLOW ) in between each game.

The other 2nd round matchups may or may have some Player to Player matchups...but we will have to see. For now, you should probably start to discuss whether 16 hours between each game is enough or whether 24 hours is enough inbetween each game.

This way, we will know how we should set the League Speed to for the 2nd round.....either MEDIUM ( 8 hours in Real Time per League Day ) or SLOW ( 12 hours in REAL TIME per League Day ).

Sorry DGreenwell3, I know that you are still stuck playing the CPU for another round....but your schedule is far more flexible compared to the Player Vs. Player matchups and I want to be sure that these Player vs Player Matchups can finish up without SIMMING.
    Last edited by CableKC; 04-08-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Sports Logo

I didn't get any type of response from Coupe / Clippers. I have removed him from the League.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post: