Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 NBA 2K13 league?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacertron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I looked at it quick last night. It would let me reset the result of a player v player game. Will check later to see if it will do the same if it was simmed.
    To be honest this is dangerous. Setting precedents where we give people losses because they have jobs is a dangerous path to go down

Default Re: PS3 NBA 2K13 league?

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    To be honest this is dangerous. Setting precedents where we give people losses because they have jobs is a dangerous path to go down
    I agree... I feel like there could be more potential for animosity amongst users down the road if we open this box as opposed to sticking w Sim Law...

Like I had said... I'm ok if Vandy wants his loss back this time... But I may not be ok with it in the future under other circumstances... I think there is a high potential of anger amongst users if we do go away from Sim Law...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

All my losses have been simmed, honestly could careless until playoffs come around... 58 games can be a lot since these games take an hour each

Quote Originally Posted by MrHale View Post
    All my losses have been simmed, honestly could careless until playoffs come around... 58 games can be a lot since these games take an hour each
    And I would definitely be ok with sim loss overrides in the Playoffs when it counts... And as long as everyone were honest about if they made any attempt to play or not it wouldn't be an issue... But one guy may accuse another guy of not making an attempt and the other guy may say he did... Issues would arise then...

That's why i feel we should just stick with Sim Law... It's not perfect... But it is the most arbitrary plan of action...

Hopefully people will make just make better attempts to play though once the Playoffs roll around? I know I will...

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    And I would definitely be ok with sim loss overrides in the Playoffs when it counts... And as long as everyone were honest about if they made any attempt to play or not it wouldn't be an issue... But one guy may accuse another guy of not making an attempt and the other guy may say he did... Issues would arise then...

That's why i feel we should just stick with Sim Law... It's not perfect... But it is the most arbitrary plan of action...

Hopefully people will make just make better attempts to play though once the Playoffs roll around? I know I will...
    However... If we couple that Playoff only override rule with adjusting the league advancement speed to slow during Playoffs only we might be ok... If we change to slow for Playoffs there really shouldn't be any reason that user vs. user games can't be established...

However... If we couple that Playoff only override rule with adjusting the league advancement speed to slow during Playoffs only we might be ok... If we change to slow for Playoffs there really shouldn't be any reason that user vs. user games can't be established...
    I am not for any override rule in any case except something nuts (power goes out, Internet shuts off randomly). Your team has to be good enough to play a regular game in my book. this game is a two headed beast, you have to be able to play and you have to be able to work the cap and acquire a talented squad. I see no problem with as is as long as you play say 2 games of every playoff series.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

J7F

Everyone's above statements I concur with. Doesn't feel right overriding the sim games. Like everyone else, I lost a sim game I feel I woulda won. A few of em.

Does anyone know....

Faaaadeaway
    Ghostface_millah
    Rusty_Go_Nad
    Wally_ian

I have either bad or am about to have a game with these guys and none have accepted my friend requests or responded to messages on a time to play.....

Sports Logo

I wasn't suggesting changing the outcomes of games that are SIMMED for games against Players that miss a game....I was asking because there was a game that I was playing against Bird Man / Bulls where he was up by 15 points going into the 4th QTR and something happened on his end where the game got disconnected. I'd assume that the CPU would SIM the rest of the game from that point forward.....but after the game was terminated.....the CPU had SIMMED the game from the beginning....giving me the SIMMED win ( despite him being up by 15 points at the end of the 3rd QTR ).

I was only suggesting to see if pacertron could change the outcome of that SIMMED game to change the WIN in my favor to a win in favor of Bird Man / Bulls since it was likely that I wouldn't catch up.

This is likely a unique situation where I have no problem changing a WIN for me...into a LOSS for me....which I am ok with.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-12-2013 at 02:09 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    Does anyone know....

Faaaadeaway
    Ghostface_millah
    Rusty_Go_Nad
    Wally_ian

I have either bad or am about to have a game with these guys and none have accepted my friend requests or responded to messages on a time to play.....
    PacersDigest User Name_____PSN ID_____Team

West

Derek2k3_______Derek2k3_______Rockets
    MrHale_______MrHale_______Blazers
    N/A (Coop's buddy)_______???_______Thunder
    CableKC_______CableKC______Warriors
    KingGeorge_______???_______Nuggets
    Pacertron_______PacerFlynn31_______Lakers
    Vandy_______Vandyzach7_______Grizzles
    Coupe_______OPHELIC______Clippers

East

Coopdog23_______???_______Pacers
    J7F_______Jermaine7Fan_______Magic
    Bird Fan_______bhm184_______Bulls
    Eddie Gill_______Rusty_Go_Nad_______Celtics
    Dgreenwell3_______Safespartan_______Heat
    Ghostface Millah_______Ghostface_Millah_______Nets
    N/A (My buddy Ian)_______wally_ian______Hawks

As for Faaaadeaway and Wally_ian....send a PM to CoopDog23 to see if they know who they are.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I wasn't suggesting changing the outcomes of games that are SIMMED for games against Players that miss a game....I was asking because there was a game that I was playing against Bird Man / Bulls where he was up by 15 points going into the 4th QTR and something happened on his end where the game got disconnected. I'd assume that the CPU would SIM the rest of the game from that point forward.....but after the game was terminated.....the CPU had SIMMED the game from the beginning....giving me the SIMMED win ( despite him being up by 15 points at the end of the 3rd QTR ).

I was only suggesting to see if pacertron could change the outcome of that SIMMED game to change the WIN in my favor to a win in favor of Bird Man / Bulls.

This is likely a unique situation where I have no problem changing a WIN for me...into a LOSS for me.
    Yes I see what you are saying there but we can't be punishing teams for not being able to play every single game.
    Last edited by Dgreenwell3; 03-12-2013 at 02:37 PM.

PacersDigest User Name_____PSN ID_____Team

West

Derek2k3_______Derek2k3_______Rockets
    MrHale_______MrHale_______Blazers
    N/A (Coop's buddy)_______???_______Thunder
    CableKC_______CableKC______Warriors
    KingGeorge_______???_______Nuggets
    Pacertron_______PacerFlynn31_______Lakers
    Vandy_______Vandyzach7_______Grizzles
    Coupe_______OPHELIC______Clippers

East

Coopdog23_______???_______Pacers
    J7F_______Jermaine7Fan_______Magic
    Bird Fan_______bhm184_______Bulls
    Eddie Gill_______Rusty_Go_Nad_______Celtics
    Dgreenwell3_______Safespartan_______Heat
    Ghostface Millah_______Ghostface_Millah_______Nets
    N/A (My buddy Ian)_______wally_ian______Hawks

As for Faaaadeaway and Wally_ian....send a PM to CoopDog23 to see if they know who they are.
    Ghostface tried contacting me once for a game I believe... So he is somewhat active on there... May just be bad timing?

Wally_Ian is my buddy... He's on the Voxer thread I started... Outside of that messages on PSN are prolly best to reach him... Or you can try to contact me through here, PSN, phone, or Voxer and I can relay a message to him... He signed up for PD after he joined the league, but I don't think he really ever looks here...

Sports Logo

Yes I see what you are saying there but we can't be punishing teams for not being able to play every single game.
    I wasn't suggesting that we do

Sports Logo

J7F, is one of your friends DMoney_613 / Raptors?

I have 2 scheduled games against the Raptors over the next 1 to 3 days ( in Real Time ) and wanted to see if I can schedule a game with him on Wednesday.

J7F, is one of your friends DMoney_613 / Raptors?

I have 2 scheduled games against the Raptors over the next 1 to 3 days ( in Real Time ) and wanted to see if I can schedule a game with him on Wednesday.
    nope... Just noticed that guy in the league last night... He must have joined after the draft...

Sports Logo

nope... Just noticed that guy in the league last night... He must have joined after the draft...
    Unless it was some random guy that was checking out this thread and got the password....I'm guessing that it must be one of CoopDog23's friends.

Oh well, those 2 games will be SIMMED.

Unless it was some random guy that was checking out this thread and got the password....I'm guessing that it must be one of CoopDog23's friends.

Oh well, those 2 games will be SIMMED.
    I wanted to trade rape him!

What is a day in the association now? It has changed too many times for me to keep track.
    PSN: bhm184

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If anyone needs to play me, add me on psn and send me a message and we'll work something out. Ghostface_Millah.
    As for simming, most my wins right now have been simmed probably. If I make the playoffs, I'll definitely make every effort to play all user games (cause I certainly don't deserve to win in the playoffs). But as of right now, my work, hobbies, and other newer/more fun games are occupying my time. I'll try and play if contacted, but I'm not going out of my way to play 3 games a night just yet. I wish Crew was still a mode. I think a PD crew team with our MyPlayers would be way fun.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghostface Millah For This Useful Post:

Anyone want to play????? I am on

All alone...

Sports Logo

All alone...
    I'm set to play a game with Derek2k3/Rockets now.....probably at least 2 games since he's online. You may want to send him a PM. He's in the East Coast though.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-12-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Sports Logo

Just got owned by Derek2k3 and JR Smith. For some reason LouWill couldn't hit a bucket and was off all night and my Frontcourt was doing a very poor job of closing up the paint......JR just walked up to the basket all night long

Eddie Gill hasn't posted in this thread and hasn't responded to any messages - is he even still playing his games????

Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    Eddie Gill hasn't posted in this thread and hasn't responded to any messages - is he even still playing his games????
    Unfortunately I'm sure some people will lose interest and abandon their teams. If that's the case we should start weeding them out. Would rather be able to play against the CPU than not play at all

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacertron For This Useful Post:

J7F