Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 NBA 2K13 league?

Default Re: PS3 NBA 2K13 league?

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should have made your team tougher in Sim games. No asterisk.
    Could careless about sim games, I like to beat people straight up, guess people just think different.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHale View Post
    Could careless about sim games, I like to beat people straight up, guess people just think different.
    It's part of the association.

It's part of the association.
    True dat

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wait, Hale lost because he got Sim beat? That's ****ing stupid.

Simming in the playoffs, how absurd.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    Wait, Hale lost because he got Sim beat? That's ****ing stupid.

Simming in the playoffs, how absurd.
    No it's part of building a team in the online association, have to have a team that can play when you are in control as well as when you aren't.

Sports Logo

No it's part of building a team in the online association, have to have a team that can play when you are in control as well as when you aren't.
    It's not as much building the Team, it's knowing what is the best way to configure your Coaching Profile for how you will run your Team.

Tweaking it to run the best way to fit your roster isn't the easiest thing to do. It took me several games in the regular season to tweak it so that I win a few of the games.

I agree with what Derek2k3 was saying.....I don't like that the games are being SIMMED when it comes to PvP matchups. I get that it maybe hard to meet up and play....but if there are repeated requests to play from one Player and the other Player doesn't ( at least ) respond saying that he's busy...then I'm thinking that those games should be forfeited. If the Player does respond and simply need more time...then I can PAUSE the league to allow more time to schedule games.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

FYI......once the Playoff Ends.....there will be 1 or 2 full days ( in Real time ) between the Playoffs and the start of the Offseason.

I don't recall when it starts and what the sequence is....but note that the timeframe for the Draft and ( more importantly ) the Offseason Free Agent signing...is done at the same time. The Draft occurs ( we draft like normal for the made up College Players ) and then right after...the Free Agency starts. This means that we should expect to do this in the next week or so.

Please note that if there are Players that you don't want to pick up Players' Team Options or sign Players that you don't want to sign at outrageous contracts....then you should plan on taking care of your Offseason tasks.

I think I can PAUSE the League AFTER the Playoff ends.....but this is something that we will need to plan around as to when it happens.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    It's not as much building the Team, it's knowing what is the best way to configure your Coaching Profile for how you will run your Team.

Tweaking it to run the best way to fit your roster isn't the easiest thing to do. It took me several games in the regular season to tweak it so that I win a few of the games.

I agree with what Derek2k3 was saying.....I don't like that the games are being SIMMED when it comes to PvP matchups. I get that it maybe hard to meet up and play....but if there are repeated requests to play from one Player and the other Player doesn't ( at least ) respond saying that he's busy...then I'm thinking that those games should be forfeited. If the Player does respond and simply need more time...then I can PAUSE the league to allow more time to schedule games.
    In MRhales case that's exactly what it is, his team is almost completely perimeter oriented beyond the 3 point line. I can't see a team that plays like the blazers do in the NBA, MRhale leaned on that and now it's biting him back. I don't think that's an unfair thing.

In MRhales case that's exactly what it is, his team is almost completely perimeter oriented beyond the 3 point line. I can't see a team that plays like the blazers do in the NBA, MRhale leaned on that and now it's biting him back. I don't think that's an unfair thing.
    I chise like everyday and sim a ton, your right my team wouldn't of even made playoffs if I hadnt played like 20games.. if I had known that playoffs were to get simmed I might of drafted differently.. but its all good I think your just glad that u might actually have a chance to win it all now haha

And u can't edit players tendencies which is the biggest thing u need in a chise

Quote Originally Posted by MrHale View Post
    I chise like everyday and sim a ton, your right my team wouldn't of even made playoffs if I hadnt played like 20games.. if I had known that playoffs were to get simmed I might of drafted differently.. but its all good I think your just glad that u might actually have a chance to win it all now haha
    No it has nothing to do with it, I just don't think *****ing and moaning about how we should pause the league is really annoying. We already have taken a long *** time to get through this first season. Some times you just have to be a fully capable roster.

I've already had 4 games simmed on me just because my work schedule/family obligations completely prevented me from playing, even though I've been in contact with my opponents. I was good enough to recover in the the first round but its not happening in the ECF. I hate that we're going at such a fast pace. I think every PvP playoff game should be played. I don't know how you can think this season has gone by slow, Dgreen.
    Last edited by Ghostface Millah; 04-24-2013 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface Millah View Post
    I've already had 4 games simmed on me just because my work schedule/family obligations completely prevented me from playing, even though I've been in contact with my opponents. I was good enough to recover in the the first round but its not happening in the ECF. I hate that we're going at such a fast pace. I think every PvP playoff game should be played. I don't know how you can think this season has gone by slow, Dgreen.
    I just feel like we have been paused like 30 times. I have been in a few other associations and maybe I just have high standards from being in a league with Other guys but if you lose a sim game in my other league it's from a lack of prep. Remember due to Post traumatic stress disorder I don't sleep much anymore and my usual work week is sick call three days a week (besides deployments)

And I don't think pausing the league is at all annoying, really. I wish I had known you were willing to do that, Cable. I flat out couldn't make it before the first sim, and the second..me and DGreen took turns falling asleep at our scheduled meet up times and ended up with a simmed game. Both losses, and it's a shame because all of our games (which have ended in disconnects each time but once) have been pretty much dead even.

And I don't think pausing the league is at all annoying, really. I wish I had known you were willing to do that, Cable. I flat out couldn't make it before the first sim, and the second..me and DGreen took turns falling asleep at our scheduled meet up times and ended up with a simmed game. Both losses, and it's a shame because all of our games (which have ended in disconnects each time but once) have been pretty much dead even.
    I don't have a problem with it it occasionally but it feels like this first season has taken months. Which means those who chose to build thru the draft are at a gigantic disadvantage, their players won't progress to the level needed to be worth the risk. Free agency is going to be interesting. Alot of overpaying is going to happen.

And I just lost the series with three simmed losses. Screw this. Absolutely ridiculous we were simming playoff games.

Sports Logo

Sorry Ghostface Millah, I wasn't aware that all the games were SIMMED....I wasn't able to login to the League on the PS3 and when I did....there was no way for me to tell if the games are SIMMED through the GUI. I was under the assumption that you guys were working out some schedule to play the game. If I had known earlier, I would have PAUSED the league to allow for you to work out some scheduled time to play.

When it comes to ANY PvP game ( Playoff games ), my preference is to PAUSE the league to allow all of you to schedule time to play ( cuz I know that it's hard to find time to play given work and conflicting schedules ); because the main reason why I play in the League is to simply play against a real person. To address the length of time....I can force wins for any of the PvCPU Playoff games for each round until there is a PvP Matchup so that we can avoid the playoffs taking too long.

I'm sorry that things took this long and that it turned out this way....clearly there were a lot of "bumps in the road" when it comes to the Playoffs.....but now that we know how this works and I have an idea about what I ( as an Admin can and cannot do )...we will know what to do next time in the Playoffs.

But I understand that this could be frustrating for various reasons....either cuz of the length of time it takes to play and due to the SIMMED games....but it's up to all of you if you want to continue playing or not.

Sorry Ghostface Millah, I wasn't aware that all the games were SIMMED....I wasn't able to login to the League on the PS3 and when I did....there was no way for me to tell if the games are SIMMED through the GUI. I was under the assumption that you guys were working out some schedule to play the game. If I had known earlier, I would have PAUSED the league to allow for you to work out some scheduled time to play.

When it comes to ANY PvP game ( Playoff games ), my preference is to PAUSE the league to allow all of you to schedule time to play ( cuz I know that it's hard to find time to play given work and conflicting schedules ); because the main reason why I play in the League is to simply play against a real person. To address the length of time....I can force wins for any of the PvCPU Playoff games for each round until there is a PvP Matchup so that we can avoid the playoffs taking too long.

I'm sorry that things took this long and that it turned out this way....clearly there were a lot of "bumps in the road" when it comes to the Playoffs.....but now that we know how this works and I have an idea about what I ( as an Admin can and cannot do )...we will know what to do next time in the Playoffs.

But I understand that this could be frustrating for various reasons....either cuz of the length of time it takes to play and due to the SIMMED games....but it's up to all of you if you want to continue playing or not.
    They weren't all simmed we played 4 times with networks all but once which I won. Last night ghost face led by 5 when we had our issue. I don't think it's time to cry and take our ball home. It's time for me to spank Vandys cute little ***.

You won once. The other three were simmed. You can't count those disconnects as wins. Most of them were in the first half when they occurred and they were all very close games. Yeah, I led by 5 in the 3rd or 4th I believe, but I'm not counting that as a win. We have been in touch throughout, so it's ridiculous we had three sims in our series. You basically got a hassle-free trip to the finals because when I was available to play, the game always disconnected, and when I wasn't available-it simmed.

Cable, I'll keep playing. Hopefully, we will have an operating procedure settled for season 2, and we won't have these complaints.
    Last edited by Ghostface Millah; 04-24-2013 at 05:44 PM.

You won once. The other three were simmed. You can't count those disconnects as wins. Most of them were in the first half when they occurred and they were all very close games. Yeah, I led by 5 in the 3rd or 4th I believe, but I'm not counting that as a win. We have been in touch throughout, so it's ridiculous we had three sims in our series. You basically got a hassle-free trip to the finals because when I was available to play, the game always disconnected, and when I wasn't available-it simmed.

Cable, I'll keep playing. Hopefully, we will have an operating procedure settled for season 2, and we won't have these complaints.
    Hey I am just saying.

Sports Logo

ok....so are the finals set?

If so, I am inclined to declare DGreenwell3 the Champ UNLESS Vandy is still playing.

ok....so are the finals set?

If so, I am inclined to declare DGreenwell3 the Champ UNLESS Vandy is still playing.
    I think Vandy is still playing

Sports Logo

I think Vandy is still playing
    He wasn't playing with MrHale in the 2nd round.

Has the WCF finished yet?

He wasn't playing with MrHale in the 2nd round.

Has the WCF finished yet?
    Nope tied at two a piece, If it's the spurs I would like to play it out against The CPU.

3-2 grizzlies.