Thread: Which would you prefer? Irrational Confidence guy or solid bench contributor?

Default Which would you prefer? Irrational Confidence guy or solid bench contributor?

George Hill off the bench or Jamal Crawford?

Lance Stephenson or Monta Ellis? (providing both should come off the bench - Lance will be, Monta SHOULD be)

If you don't like any of those examples insert your own.

What brought me to this was reading Bill S and Zach Lowe's trade deadline columns. They were both talking about how Monta was a net negative on the court because of his dumb offense and **** poor defense. They made the obvious conclusion that Monta would probably be a great irrational confidence guy of the bench. I was thinking how amazing this would be for the Pacers until it dawned on me- I'd probably like Lance Stephenson more. He's a better defender. I don't think I ever like having defensive liabilities on the court. Especially when they're playing heavy minutes.

Lance playing good defense and scoring 13 or 14 a game per 36 would be my choice over Monta Ellis.. Anywho, Whadaya folks think??
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: Which would you prefer? Irrational Confidence guy or solid bench contributor?

It depends on the situation. For example, if you got a team similar to how the Magic were when they had Dwight, then you need a Monta to be an outside scoring punch that could also create for others. But if you got a team like, OKC, Lakers, or even us, where you already have enough scoring options and would rather get a quiet guy that brings an all-around game then you choose a Lance over him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Which would you prefer? Irrational Confidence guy or solid bench contributor?

Both in the form of Danny Granger.
    Pacers,baby!

Earlier in the year I would have killed for a Jamal Crawford type player, but not anymore. Our bench is very balanced now. A player like that would upset that balance.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll stick with Lance and George.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Irrationally confident guys can ruin chemistry on the fly, it can be very hard to develop any sort of offensive or defensive flow with someone willing to jack it up at any given time.

That is why I HATE combo guards. Nearly every(not all for those who want to take this out of context) combo guard is irrationally confident and sucks at defense. Two things I hate.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Looking for Lance to develop into Irrational Confidence guy that plays defense and makes irrationally confident passes.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

With the pairing of Lance and Monta, which exactly is supposed to not be an irrational confidence guy?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Irrationally confident guys can ruin chemistry on the fly, it can be very hard to develop any sort of offensive or defensive flow with someone willing to jack it up at any given time.

That is why I HATE combo guards. Nearly every(not all for those who want to take this out of context) combo guard is irrationally confident and sucks at defense. Two things I hate.
    And 1. IMO, one of our biggest strengths is the fact that we have 2 combo guards who have neither of problems starting right now. Neither GH or Lance have that need to shoot every time thay touch the ball and neither of them SUCK on defense.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    What brought me to this was reading Bill S and Zach Lowe's trade deadline columns.
    Please spell out Bill Simmons. It took me a minute to figure out if I'd ever written anything about Monta Ellis...
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

solid bench contributor
    Smothered Chicken!

One of each (SG and SF, doesn't matter which plays which).

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll take the guy who has rational confidence and is a solid bench contributor.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I really liked the combination of irrational confidence and solid bench contributor that was Dahntay Jones. Best of both worlds. (OK, sometimes the worst).

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Please spell out Bill Simmons. It took me a minute to figure out if I'd ever written anything about Monta Ellis...
    I don't agree with anything BillS posts........so I'll just go with what Zach Lowe mentioned in his article.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.